Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. 10:08 - Oct 16 with 14953 viewsKeithHaynes

Standing firm on their 18 million valuation.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 17:15 - Oct 17 with 1103 viewsKeithHaynes

Joe Rodon on Insta -

"I've been involved with Swansea City Football Club since I was seven-years-old'. My family has lived and breathed the club, to making my debut at the Liberty in 2018."The club, coaches, medical staff have played a massive part in my development and the Swans fans are unbelievable. Every time I hear my song sung I have goosebumps. I leave this club with a tear in my eye and a special place for Swansea City in my heart. All the boys have been brilliant with me and we have stuck together through good/not so good times. I will always watch over and continue to support the club and last time thank you for everything you have done for me! YJB."

This post has been edited by an administrator

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 18:03 - Oct 17 with 1055 viewsmajorraglan

Was listening to Radio Wales pre match, one of the pundits ( I believe it was Danny Gabbidon) reckons he’s been sold too cheaply. We’ll have to wait to see if it was a good price or not, but I am pretty sure Joe’s game will benefit from playing with better players and being coached by the likes of JM. Good luck son.
Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 16:52 - Oct 22 with 885 viewsDr_Winston

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 10:53 - Oct 17 by Dr_Winston

We could have kicked and screamed and demanded more money, but we'd probably have ended the window with largely the same squad we had for the last game if we did, possibly minus a player like Ayew as well.

I'm coming more around to the idea that the club have made a conscious decision to take a smaller fee than perhaps we might have held out for (and if Rodon is as good as people say he is, ultimately we'll end up getting £15m), in order to give Cooper more options for the rest of the season.

Selling Rodon has enabled us to keep Ayew, add another handful of first team squad options, possibly add Borini to the mix too, and give us a bit of a financial buffer in tricky times.

Based on Julian Winter's comments in his interview, this is pretty much exactly what they did.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 17:04 - Oct 22 with 875 viewsKeithHaynes

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 16:52 - Oct 22 by Dr_Winston

Based on Julian Winter's comments in his interview, this is pretty much exactly what they did.

Undisclosed, giving the impression it was more.

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 17:11 - Oct 22 with 873 viewsThornburyswan

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 16:52 - Oct 22 by Dr_Winston

Sounds about right - we lost on Rodon but gained on Bennett/Manning plus to a lesser extent Palmer & Latibeaudiere, in mathematical terms down circa £10/12M on the up front figure but potentially saved around £6M+ on value of Bennett, Manning & Latibeaudiere so if we do get the extra £4M we are about straight and as you say allowed us to keep Ayew & offer Cooper greater flexibility across his squad.
Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 18:11 - Oct 22 with 854 views34dfgdf54

Are we stronger?

Bennet for Rodon - good player but no joe.
Palmer for MGW - no chance
Manning for Bidwell - are we dropping jake?
Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 18:36 - Oct 22 with 845 viewsDr_Winston

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 18:11 - Oct 22 by 34dfgdf54

Are we stronger?

I see we're writing Palmer off after two substitute appearances. That's quicker than usual.

We have more depth in a number of positions and are still pursuing Borini. As a squad we're certainly stronger overall now than we were. Of course, getting decent performances out of them is another matter.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 18:48 - Oct 22 with 837 viewsjasper_T

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 18:36 - Oct 22 by Dr_Winston

I see we're writing Palmer off after two substitute appearances. That's quicker than usual.

We have more depth in a number of positions and are still pursuing Borini. As a squad we're certainly stronger overall now than we were. Of course, getting decent performances out of them is another matter.

Almost as if Palmer has played 100+ games at this level before joining us...

Best not jump to conclusions though lol
Login to get fewer ads

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 19:37 - Oct 22 with 802 views34dfgdf54

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 18:36 - Oct 22 by Dr_Winston

Not writing him off just going out on a limb and saying he isn’t better than MGW and we already have Byers on his way back as well as Dhanda.

I wouldn’t say we are stronger than last year personally, I’d go as far as saying, as it stands now we aren’t even as strong as we was at the start of this season.
Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 19:54 - Oct 22 with 793 viewsDr_Winston

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 19:37 - Oct 22 by 34dfgdf54

Not writing him off just going out on a limb and saying he isn’t better than MGW and we already have Byers on his way back as well as Dhanda.

I wouldn’t say we are stronger than last year personally, I’d go as far as saying, as it stands now we aren’t even as strong as we was at the start of this season.

Given the players we've brought in, if Byers is used this season for anything more than putting the cones out then something will have gone wrong.

Add Borini to the squad and I reckon we're ahead.

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 20:34 - Oct 22 with 781 viewsThornburyswan

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 19:54 - Oct 22 by Dr_Winston

Given the players we've brought in, if Byers is used this season for anything more than putting the cones out then something will have gone wrong.

Add Borini to the squad and I reckon we're ahead.

Not sure we are ahead but then again losing both last season’s starting CBs plus our best goal scorer & no £££s to play with was always going to provide a steep ask - that said, for me, we have a solid squad, potentially better balanced if we can add Borini.
Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 20:36 - Oct 22 with 778 viewstrampie

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54624090

Curtis speaks.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 21:04 - Oct 22 with 767 viewsReslovenSwan1

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 18:11 - Oct 22 by 34dfgdf54

Are we stronger?

Palmer is much much better than MGW. MGW is on crutches.

Its like the Bobby Charlton joke. The reporter asks if England's 2008 Euro cup team would
have beaten the 1966 World cup winning team. Bobby said it would be tight but he though Sir Alf's team would have won by one goal. The reporter said. "Only one goal?". Sir Bobbly replied, "my boys are all in their seventies these days".

Manning is a natural midfielder and probably better than Smith. On the Rodon point the Swans would have been more desperate to lose him in January. Cooper will be pulling up trees with his teeth in league 2. By June Rodon's agent would be telling him. "You are going no where son and do not sign anything without me checking it."
[Post edited 22 Oct 2020 21:10]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 21:20 - Oct 22 with 757 viewsFireboy2

Back to topic, I see that joe isnt even on the spurs bench for tonight's game
Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 21:36 - Oct 22 with 751 viewsReslovenSwan1

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 21:20 - Oct 22 by Fireboy2

Spurs could not sign him in time for the Europa registrastion. This is becuase of Levy''s brinksmanship.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2020 21:37]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 21:39 - Oct 22 with 750 viewsthornabyswan

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 21:20 - Oct 22 by Fireboy2

They missed the deadline for Europa league i think.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 22:00 - Oct 22 with 747 viewsFireboy2

Thanks fellas
Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 09:28 - Oct 23 with 684 viewsjasper_T

Wouldn't start ahead of Ben Davies at CB in that form, mind.
Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 10:48 - Oct 23 with 661 viewsonehunglow

Apparently Liverpool sniffing after the Brighton centre half whos name escapes me he's that outstanding...valued at 50 million. Almost 5 Joes.Think on that.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 12:36 - Oct 23 with 636 viewsBadlands

Jose's comments are illuminating.
he praise Joe but said he had a lot of growing up to do and commented about him not having played a single Prmier Leagie game.
If we sold well below his value why weren't any other teams making any serious offers.
Would have liked more but it still a defend fee and it becomes a good deal if he makes the standard that releases another £4 million.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 12:48 - Oct 23 with 633 viewsWhiterockin

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 12:36 - Oct 23 by Badlands

Jose's comments are illuminating.
he praise Joe but said he had a lot of growing up to do and commented about him not having played a single Prmier Leagie game.
If we sold well below his value why weren't any other teams making any serious offers.
Would have liked more but it still a defend fee and it becomes a good deal if he makes the standard that releases another £4 million.

People forget you will only get what someone is prepared to pay. If you say he is worth £20M and he does not go until we get it he would probably still be here. As a club could we be prepared to take the risk, without the sale I don't believe we would have been able to bring in who we did.
Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 14:03 - Oct 23 with 614 viewsthornabyswan

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 12:48 - Oct 23 by Whiterockin

People forget you will only get what someone is prepared to pay. If you say he is worth £20M and he does not go until we get it he would probably still be here. As a club could we be prepared to take the risk, without the sale I don't believe we would have been able to bring in who we did.

This remember the protracted Sigurdson sale messed about all summer then bought a load of rubbish and we got relegated.

Sometimes you just need to take the hit and plan properly

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 22:04 - Oct 26 with 546 viewsmajorraglan

Rodon made the Spurs squad for tonight’s game and was given a brief run out at the end of the match. Thought he’d have been training there a fair few months before getting a chance and a possible run out in the team, boys doing good.
Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 22:25 - Oct 26 with 524 viewsTenbySwan

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 22:04 - Oct 26 by majorraglan

Rodon made the Spurs squad for tonight’s game and was given a brief run out at the end of the match. Thought he’d have been training there a fair few months before getting a chance and a possible run out in the team, boys doing good.

Didn't see the game but this me , as if I didn't know already, that we have been robbed.
Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 22:51 - Oct 26 with 497 viewsChief

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 12:48 - Oct 23 by Whiterockin

I'm still struggling to buy into this notion that Rodon had to go to allow others in see because you can't count Bennett as he's a direct replacement. Manning seems a good signing but he's primarily a left back&our current left back is the player of the season so far. Latibeadiere omes as cheap back up. The Palmer signing made more sense after the MGW injury news but he's only a loan too.
Plus we failed to address what I think is still our main issue and that's having no striker with a track record at the club.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024