Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. 23:33 - Oct 22 with 19929 viewsHighjack

Dr Drakeford and his cronies have really set the bar high on the incompetence stakes on this one.

They have announced tonight that retailers will only be allowed to sell “essential goods” during the 17 day lockdown but they are unable to say what counts as essential or non essential. At the time of writing this there is just over 18 hours to go until these rules come into force. The predictable result is that the entire population of Wales will rush out in the short time that is left and ravage the shelves of anything and everything that could potentially count as non essential. Meanwhile retailers are completely in the dark with just a few hours to go they are blissfully unaware of what they will or won’t be allowed to sell or whether they’ll be allowed to stay open at all.

Absolute idiocy from dippy Drakeford and this cabal of insidiously irrational imbeciles.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-54648194

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 13:52 - Oct 24 with 995 viewstrampie

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 13:38 - Oct 24 by Boundy

So is alcohol an essential or is it allowed to be purchased because of the tax duty paid ?

I would say it's essential to an alcoholic.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 13:55 - Oct 24 with 996 viewsonehunglow

Alcohol IS an essential Boundy.
Clearly evidenced by it being continued to be sold without restrictions when more important items are not.

Alcohol sales and its uage at the very root of our problems in this country
Vodka is ok but not a kettle.

Corbyns having a pyeesup anyway to flout the laws.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 13:56 - Oct 24 with 996 viewsHighjack

You could make an argument for anything being essential. Toys for example are restricted, they've cordoned off the whole aisle, yet kids are going to be trapped indoors for 17 days. and I want my My little Pony teaset.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 14:03 - Oct 24 with 983 viewsonehunglow

Kid have too many toys

I have an attic full of previous unwanted pressies. Free to good homes

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 14:08 - Oct 24 with 978 viewsAndy1300

God forbid you need to get baby stuff.

Number 1 team in Wales

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 14:11 - Oct 24 with 975 viewsBoundy

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 13:55 - Oct 24 by onehunglow

Alcohol IS an essential Boundy.
Clearly evidenced by it being continued to be sold without restrictions when more important items are not.

Alcohol sales and its uage at the very root of our problems in this country
Vodka is ok but not a kettle.

Corbyns having a pyeesup anyway to flout the laws.

IMO Its essential to alcoholics and the Government .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 14:13 - Oct 24 with 969 viewsonehunglow

Absolutely as the tax is vital.

As is gambling.

The very thing that makes them rich makes us poor

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 14:22 - Oct 24 with 955 viewscontroversial_jack

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 13:31 - Oct 24 by Neath_Jack

It appears that I'm incorrect, and the consultants we have been meeting with are incorrect.

In Tuesdays meeting with them, I'm going to suggest they log on here and learn what they should be doing from the real experts

My info comes from a good source too. It's not just beds it's staff.There are many off sick at the moment. Many with the virus or isolating
Login to get fewer ads

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 14:25 - Oct 24 with 947 viewsmajorraglan

The NHS usually sees a huge increase in demand over the winter period; patients do have to wait on trolleys, they also have to wait in ambulances bed and managers usually end up scrambling around looking for beds. The reason so many operations are cancelled is because they can’t accommodate the patients post operative needs in ICUs etc.

Hospitals are currently preparing for an increase in Covid19 patients, numbers of admissions has increased and they are discharging as many patients as they can to make room available. Been told The current profile of the majority of patients who need assistance with breathing is male aged 40 to 60.

People have known this has been coming for the best part of a week and they have had sufficient time to prepare, the supermarkets are staying open so people have the opportunity to restock as and when they need to. I wasn’t around during WW2 or it’s aftermath, but I was around in the 70s when we saw power cuts, strikes and the 80s when we had social unrest and economic upheaval, today’s generation need to knuckle down and get on with it.
“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 14:29 - Oct 24 with 940 viewscontroversial_jack

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 14:25 - Oct 24 by majorraglan

The NHS usually sees a huge increase in demand over the winter period; patients do have to wait on trolleys, they also have to wait in ambulances bed and managers usually end up scrambling around looking for beds. The reason so many operations are cancelled is because they can’t accommodate the patients post operative needs in ICUs etc.

Hospitals are currently preparing for an increase in Covid19 patients, numbers of admissions has increased and they are discharging as many patients as they can to make room available. Been told The current profile of the majority of patients who need assistance with breathing is male aged 40 to 60.

People have known this has been coming for the best part of a week and they have had sufficient time to prepare, the supermarkets are staying open so people have the opportunity to restock as and when they need to. I wasn’t around during WW2 or it’s aftermath, but I was around in the 70s when we saw power cuts, strikes and the 80s when we had social unrest and economic upheaval, today’s generation need to knuckle down and get on with it.

There are several wards in Morriston that are almost full already. Cross contamination is occurring, with patients infecting each other and staff and patients alike infecting each other too.

This firebreak is essential is there is not enough staff to deal with the situation
“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 14:36 - Oct 24 with 928 viewsBarrySwan

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 13:22 - Oct 24 by Neath_Jack

I know you were known as the St Athan idiot, but I'll type slowly for you.

C R I T I C A L
C A R E
B E D S

I N T E N S I V E
C A R E

There is no mention whatsoever of Intensive care beds or Intensive care in your post that I replied to.

Your post came out with the ridiculous comment that the NHS in Wales does not run out of beds and that people aren't dying on trollies and in ambulances when we all know that is nonsense.

Please don't reference a different post to the one that I replied to in order to justify your incorrect statement.

BTW I was talking to a just retired senior nurse in charge of an iCU unit just yesterday who repeated what she has told me on a number of occasions over some time now that despite ICU supposed to have roughly one nurse per patient that her unit of 8 patients was run by her, one or two others and a trainee nurse.

I won't type this slowly for you as I want you to wise up to reality very very quickly.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2020 14:44]
“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 14:46 - Oct 24 with 912 viewsmajorraglan

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 14:29 - Oct 24 by controversial_jack

There are several wards in Morriston that are almost full already. Cross contamination is occurring, with patients infecting each other and staff and patients alike infecting each other too.

This firebreak is essential is there is not enough staff to deal with the situation

I can well believe this. The NHS staff do some sterling work and are referred often to as heroes, but they aren’t superheroes and the6 aren’t immune to the illness, increased exposure is bound to take its toll on staff wellbeing. Sadly, there are people out there who are blantantly ignoring the rules and not doing what’s been asked of them which puts others at risk.
“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 14:50 - Oct 24 with 909 viewsonehunglow

Absolutely major and this is why we have this huge problem and it will not go away until we wake up to the fact this virus has virtually changed mankind.

I am reading stuff I cannot believe and frankly I cannot find the words to reply suffice to say that unlike Corbyn this virus is NOT like ordinary flu and it spreads direct from touch as opposed to other serious diseases. People do not catch pneumonia from others for example

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 14:54 - Oct 24 with 901 viewsNeath_Jack

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 14:36 - Oct 24 by BarrySwan

There is no mention whatsoever of Intensive care beds or Intensive care in your post that I replied to.

Your post came out with the ridiculous comment that the NHS in Wales does not run out of beds and that people aren't dying on trollies and in ambulances when we all know that is nonsense.

Please don't reference a different post to the one that I replied to in order to justify your incorrect statement.

BTW I was talking to a just retired senior nurse in charge of an iCU unit just yesterday who repeated what she has told me on a number of occasions over some time now that despite ICU supposed to have roughly one nurse per patient that her unit of 8 patients was run by her, one or two others and a trainee nurse.

I won't type this slowly for you as I want you to wise up to reality very very quickly.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2020 14:44]

I've only read your first line.

Have a look at the post i was replying to (specifically says critical care), check my previous post to that one when I talk about running out of critical care beds.

In your haste to try and be clever, you've made a tit of yourself again.

Go away, and write a letter of complaint about parking or something.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 15:19 - Oct 24 with 884 viewsNeath_Jack

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 14:50 - Oct 24 by onehunglow

Absolutely major and this is why we have this huge problem and it will not go away until we wake up to the fact this virus has virtually changed mankind.

I am reading stuff I cannot believe and frankly I cannot find the words to reply suffice to say that unlike Corbyn this virus is NOT like ordinary flu and it spreads direct from touch as opposed to other serious diseases. People do not catch pneumonia from others for example

There was a chap on LBC this morning, i missed his introduction as to who he was, but he was saying the prevalence of flu will be very low this year, because the restrictions at tier 1 level are enough for it to prevent it's normal pathway between people.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 16:00 - Oct 24 with 846 viewsBoundy

ASDA staff in Llansamlet have been told not to refuse to sell "non essential" items but politely ask if the said item is .if so the sale goes through

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 16:02 - Oct 24 with 844 viewsonehunglow

Exactly like masks.They will not challenge,therefore it is why people do not wear them,cos they can.

Passs a law only if it's gonna be enforced

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 17:41 - Oct 24 with 803 viewsBoundy

https://bubble.wales/welsh-government-spends-500k-on-crap-survey/

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 22:51 - Oct 24 with 755 viewsScotia

It looks like Drakeford is reconsidering this stupid decision. He needs to, but it'll be a u turn Boris would be proud of.
“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 22:59 - Oct 24 with 749 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Good to see Drakeford dithering again, I am sure he can see the nonsense of letting people shop in supermarkets but not in certain aisles.
He has the weekend to to dither before making the correct decision.
After all in the first lockdown if people were buying essential goods in a supermarket they were also allowed to buy non essential goods as well. Why the change this time?

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 23:01 - Oct 24 with 746 viewsAndy1300

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 22:59 - Oct 24 by felixstowe_jack

Good to see Drakeford dithering again, I am sure he can see the nonsense of letting people shop in supermarkets but not in certain aisles.
After all in the first lockdown if people were buying essential goods in a supermarket they were also allowed to buy non essential goods as well. Why the change this time?

Politics, trying to outdo each other with different rules

Number 1 team in Wales

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 23:13 - Oct 24 with 743 viewsScotia

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 22:59 - Oct 24 by felixstowe_jack

This time he took a different path rather than following England. Its easy when other people make the decisions.

Now he's actually tried to go his own way he's alienated everyone by making an absolutely moronic decision. Now he's going to try and appease those who may vote for him in May by making a massive u turn. The man is a joke.
“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 23:17 - Oct 24 with 741 viewsfelixstowe_jack

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 23:13 - Oct 24 by Scotia

This time he took a different path rather than following England. Its easy when other people make the decisions.

Now he's actually tried to go his own way he's alienated everyone by making an absolutely moronic decision. Now he's going to try and appease those who may vote for him in May by making a massive u turn. The man is a joke.

Not sure anyone in Pembrokeshire or Ceridigeon is going to vote for him as he put them in lockdown despite a low infection rate not that there are many labour seats there anyway.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 23:40 - Oct 24 with 729 viewsBillyChong

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 02:00 - Oct 23 by Jack123

Makes you think what is non-essential? It's a joke..

I could walk out tomorrow, wreck my footwear or rain coat, and have to wait till November 9th, it's terrible, I always knew they were no good, when they brought the min price per unit in, just before the first lockdown..

There’s a thing called online retailers these days
“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 23:48 - Oct 24 with 723 viewsJack123

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 23:40 - Oct 24 by BillyChong

There’s a thing called online retailers these days

Not the point.. How many more liberties are we going to give away,? We will be saying the same thing this time next year..

libera nos a malo

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024