Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gylfi 21:04 - Nov 12 with 2414 viewspencoedjack

Doing the business for Iceland again tonight 👍

Maybe not
[Post edited 12 Nov 2020 21:34]
Gylfi on 07:52 - Nov 13 with 1832 views34dfgdf54

Shame for Gylfi, doubt he has many more major tournaments in him.
Gylfi on 14:08 - Nov 13 with 1767 viewsReslovenSwan1

Fans are notoriously fickle and have long memories. I fand it strange that Glyfi is held in high regard.

He when being paid a king's ransom refused to go on tour to the USA and at the very last miniutes refused to board an aeroplane. This event triggeresd some disasterous signings for his replacement in Sanches and Clucas. This led to relegation and redundancies and cost cutting for people that cared for Glyfi in his time at Swansea where he actually played his best football.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Gylfi on 14:10 - Nov 13 with 1766 viewsonehunglow

I don't.

On the pitch, he gave 100% and almost single handedly kept us up covering over the fact many of his team were not good enough.

A wonderful player and top pro.

Still, it' about opinions;I mean I couldnt see why Mark Gower was loved to death as was Michel Vorm

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Gylfi on 15:34 - Nov 13 with 1748 viewsReslovenSwan1

Gylfi on 14:10 - Nov 13 by onehunglow

I don't.

On the pitch, he gave 100% and almost single handedly kept us up covering over the fact many of his team were not good enough.

A wonderful player and top pro.

Still, it' about opinions;I mean I couldnt see why Mark Gower was loved to death as was Michel Vorm

"Top Pro".

Flight 234 Cardiff to Conneticut last call gate 8.

Last call for Mr Gilfi Sigurrdson to gate 8. Last call fr Mr Sigurdson.

FFS Where Gyfli?

Gylfi on 15:44 - Nov 13 with 1745 viewsonehunglow

Yes,TOP PRO.The one who kept going when many of his mate down tooled seeing us relegated,the one that saw us make 32 million pound profit which we threw down the drain .

Yep,top man too.

Gylfi on 16:05 - Nov 13 with 1744 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Gylfi on 14:08 - Nov 13 by ReslovenSwan1

Fans are notoriously fickle and have long memories. I fand it strange that Glyfi is held in high regard.

He when being paid a king's ransom refused to go on tour to the USA and at the very last miniutes refused to board an aeroplane. This event triggeresd some disasterous signings for his replacement in Sanches and Clucas. This led to relegation and redundancies and cost cutting for people that cared for Glyfi in his time at Swansea where he actually played his best football.

The club spent the entire summer signalling to anyone interested that Gylfi was for sale. The Americans kept stating that they wouldn’t accept a penny less than £50M for him. I can only assume that they thought playing hard ball was impressive to either the supporters or potential suitors. Of course, it impressed no one and led to the sale taking place very late in the window which many on this very site predicted would happen.

To rub salt into our self inflicted wounds we didn’t have any idea who we were going to spend the money on. Maybe we did earlier in the summer and those players found other clubs while we were apparently arguing over a million or two on Gylfi’s price? I’d like to think that there was at least some sort of plan about how to spend the money from the inevitable transfer of Gylfi but it didn’t look like it. Panic mode set in and disastrous buys ensued followed by inevitable relegation..

It was Gylfi’s fault though apparently.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Gylfi on 16:30 - Nov 13 with 1733 viewspencoedjack

Gylfi in my opinion is one of the best players to play for the club & I'm thankful for the many great memories he gave me .... always keep a watch on players who I felt were good for the club & hope they do well ( excluded anyone who signs for the Basseys or Celtic)

It was obvious to us all he would leave during the summer we played hard ball got well over what he was worth but were left with loads of cash & a small pool to pick from, if we’d sold earlier we wouldn’t have ended up paying over the odds for dross like Clucas.
Gylfi on 16:48 - Nov 13 with 1721 viewstrampie

Gylfi fantastic player, one of Swansea's greatest ever players.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Login to get fewer ads

Gylfi on 22:16 - Nov 13 with 1681 viewsraynor94

One of the finest players to have worn the white shirt in my memory, going back 56 years.

A true legend

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Gylfi on 23:23 - Nov 13 with 1665 viewsChief

Do you remember there was a guy on here saying he thought it would be good for us if he went and wasn't that good

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Gylfi on 04:05 - Nov 14 with 1643 viewsbuilthjack

Gylfi on 23:23 - Nov 13 by Chief

Do you remember there was a guy on here saying he thought it would be good for us if he went and wasn't that good

Res something or other

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Gylfi on 12:14 - Nov 14 with 1590 viewsReslovenSwan1

Gylfi on 04:05 - Nov 14 by builthjack

Res something or other

I can state that was not me but was someone with similar principles to me on many issues.
I never ventured on to Planet Swans while it was under the previous ownership. Gylfi went on strike on £40,000 a week. Disgraceful.

Gylfi on 21:55 - Nov 14 with 1550 viewsQuincy999

Gylfi on 12:14 - Nov 14 by ReslovenSwan1

I can state that was not me but was someone with similar principles to me on many issues.
I never ventured on to Planet Swans while it was under the previous ownership. Gylfi went on strike on £40,000 a week. Disgraceful.

They made it clear he was for sale. They then started playing silly buggers. I don't blame him.
Rangel went on strike after Blackpool came in for him. Others have had a convenient injury.
Gylfi on 14:40 - Nov 15 with 1475 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Gylfi on 14:08 - Nov 13 by ReslovenSwan1

Would you be very angry if your employer blocked your move to another company where you would earn millions more per year and live in a nicer city with better transport links to your family back home?

Add to that how we eventually let him go for the same amount of money we were offered months earlier. It wasn't his fault his replacements were rushed and therefore disastrous.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Gylfi on 14:56 - Nov 15 with 1459 viewsBillyChong

Gylfi on 15:34 - Nov 13 by ReslovenSwan1

"Top Pro".

FFS Where Gyfli?

How was the flight Leigh?
Gylfi on 15:13 - Nov 15 with 1454 viewsonehunglow

Gylfi on 14:40 - Nov 15 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Would you be very angry if your employer blocked your move to another company where you would earn millions more per year and live in a nicer city with better transport links to your family back home?

Add to that how we eventually let him go for the same amount of money we were offered months earlier. It wasn't his fault his replacements were rushed and therefore disastrous.

Hope Dwight,you're not suggesting Liverpool is a nice city/region than Swansea ,mun. That talk will see you lynched.

Gylfi on 15:47 - Nov 15 with 1440 viewstheloneranger

Gylfi on 15:34 - Nov 13 by ReslovenSwan1

"Top Pro".

FFS Where Gyfli?

Complete and utter crap!!!

Gylfi never went anywhere near Heathrow Airport. In fact he was left at the hotel where the team had spent the night after the friendly against Barnet.

On the morning of the flight Everton offered £40M, and Gylfi decided to stay for talks, even though the offer was once again rejected.

Some of your stories wouldn't even make it onto Jackanory!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Gylfi on 19:27 - Nov 15 with 1411 viewsReslovenSwan1

Gylfi on 15:47 - Nov 15 by theloneranger

Complete and utter crap!!!

Gylfi never went anywhere near Heathrow Airport. In fact he was left at the hotel where the team had spent the night after the friendly against Barnet.

On the morning of the flight Everton offered £40M, and Gylfi decided to stay for talks, even though the offer was once again rejected.

Some of your stories wouldn't even make it onto Jackanory!!

It was not meant as a serious post.

Parody definition. "an imitation of the style of a particular genre with deliberate exaggeration for comic effect".

[Post edited 15 Nov 2020 19:30]

Gylfi on 19:36 - Nov 15 with 1401 viewsReslovenSwan1

Gylfi on 14:56 - Nov 15 by BillyChong

How was the flight Leigh?

Huw and Jason were in the VIP area. Me and my bro were in the back with the kit man and I waited ages for my penne con pollo. My bro was fuming as Jason had just told him he had to pay for his ticket.

Gylfi on 20:01 - Nov 15 with 1377 viewsDr_Winston

Our transfer dealings were so disjointed at the time there's no guarantee we'd have spent any Sigurdsson money better no matter when we accepted it.

In the market that existed at the time he was well worth the price we demanded for him.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Gylfi on 20:05 - Nov 15 with 1377 viewstheloneranger

Gylfi on 19:27 - Nov 15 by ReslovenSwan1

It was not meant as a serious post.

Parody definition. "an imitation of the style of a particular genre with deliberate exaggeration for comic effect".

[Post edited 15 Nov 2020 19:30]

You wrote this in a previous post ...

... "and at the very last miniutes refused to board an aeroplane."

So that was deliberately exaggerated for comic effect as well?? 🤔

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Gylfi on 20:08 - Nov 15 with 1374 viewsFireboy2

Gylfi on 20:05 - Nov 15 by theloneranger

You wrote this in a previous post ...

... "and at the very last miniutes refused to board an aeroplane."

So that was deliberately exaggerated for comic effect as well?? 🤔

Hes an effing joke isnt he.
Gylfi on 20:41 - Nov 15 with 1352 viewspencoedjack

What was initially a post about hoping 1 of the best players to wear the white shirt a bit of luck has gone somewhat of track.
Gylfi on 20:43 - Nov 15 with 1349 viewsReslovenSwan1

Gylfi on 20:08 - Nov 15 by Fireboy2

Hes an effing joke isnt he.

Try this,

Glyfi after refusing to play for Iceland v England in August then had a horror show v Hungary. Its been downhill all the way since the missed USA tour and his tiny country has suffered from his petulence.

https://www.footballfancast.com/everton-fc-news/gylfi-sigurdsson-iceland-calamit

Remember this?

https://www.sportingexcitement.com/football/premier-league/iceland-furious-as-pr

[Post edited 15 Nov 2020 21:17]

Gylfi on 17:18 - Nov 20 with 1229 viewsNortbankboy

Gylfi on 20:43 - Nov 15 by ReslovenSwan1

Try this,

Glyfi after refusing to play for Iceland v England in August then had a horror show v Hungary. Its been downhill all the way since the missed USA tour and his tiny country has suffered from his petulence.

https://www.footballfancast.com/everton-fc-news/gylfi-sigurdsson-iceland-calamit

Remember this?

https://www.sportingexcitement.com/football/premier-league/iceland-furious-as-pr

[Post edited 15 Nov 2020 21:17]

Great player
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024