Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The action taken by Swansea City Supporters Trust 10:16 - Nov 21 with 18627 viewsKeithHaynes

It’s been an interesting topic for sure, which does sometimes spill over in to other threads, and understandably so. I've taken some time out to look at the specific action taken. It’s my understanding that this is very clearly down to specific issues around the weeks leading up to the sale of the club by the old board. The exclusion of the supporters trust in the sale and despite the trust wishing to be involved were excluded. That’s the basis of the action. For it to be a valid action the statements of truth gathered by the ( plaintiff) other words are used to describe them have to have some depth in law. Clearly the trust haven’t gone ahead to freeze assets and this is another topic which needs clarification. This action is not against Swansea City FC, as it was then or is now. The claims being brought are not against the club.

They are against those individuals who sold the club as they were, not the club as it was, nor as it is now. I think this should be a key area for people to dwell upon. I would have thought both sides ( and there are many sides named because it isn’t one entity) will have already disclosed at least some, but not all of their paperwork similar to criminal cases ( CPIA it’s called criminally ) As there is no fixed date as yet for a trial my understanding is full disclosure has to go ahead before any trial. I think that’s around eight weeks prior.

That aside, it still seems to me to be pretty clear the various named persons will either have to settle to some extent prior to any trial date or go ahead and defend the action. This isn’t as a whole being but as individuals. For example, Jenkins and Dineen will be separate defendants as will the rest of the then board. Any award will not be paid for by the club but by the individuals from their own personal wealth, if of course they lose the action. That will be measured by percentages, but I’m pretty certain won’t amount to the actual money lost by the trust when the sale went ahead.

That’s my take on it, please discuss that here folks, give it some thought before pressing enter, there are clearly some differing stances on here, which is healthy and as I would expect in a society where personal interests and views will always be different. If we can keep the topic on this thread it will be an interesting discussion.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Would you like to appear here as a Welsh football writer?

0
The action taken by Swansea City Supporters Trust on 21:34 - Nov 23 with 1015 viewsKeithHaynes

It seems the usual protagonists from the old site will jump to conclusions based on their own issues or personal agenda. Its been mentioned that I don't care what is posted on here as long as I get hits. Darran as an example has mentioned me five times in relation to this topic, and referenced my family. I have asked him personally to stop as the references are in my name and searchable by my family and includes my daughter. He has mentioned I've stated to him I've said I don't care what is said as long as I get hits, it seems I'm becoming his new obsession. That is a lie. His fallings out on here with certain posters are a complete obsession but I'm pointing out now to anyone who has followed this thread at no time has that been said. Any opinion is welcome on here and don't be afraid to state them as long as they are not offensive in any way. something one or two don't seem to grasp. Thanks for your continued support.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Would you like to appear here as a Welsh football writer?

4
The action taken by Swansea City Supporters Trust on 21:38 - Nov 23 with 1008 viewsChief

The action taken by Swansea City Supporters Trust on 21:23 - Nov 23 by onehunglow

no more than most on here and other site.Think of what is posted and by whom


That's not true though is it. Otherwise he wouldn't be singled out. Its for a reason.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

1
The action taken by Swansea City Supporters Trust on 21:55 - Nov 23 with 982 viewsThornburyswan

FWIW for me the boat has longed since sailed on this, none of the parties involved (or not involved if you prefer) covered themselves with glory & all 3 failed to do themselves justice but the world, the club & football has moved on - I’m not suggesting the ‘blame’ is split evenly but all have a share in either what they did do or should/could have done.

For me long since time to move on.
2
The action taken by Swansea City Supporters Trust on 21:58 - Nov 23 with 967 viewsTreforys_Jack

The action taken by Swansea City Supporters Trust on 21:55 - Nov 23 by Thornburyswan

FWIW for me the boat has longed since sailed on this, none of the parties involved (or not involved if you prefer) covered themselves with glory & all 3 failed to do themselves justice but the world, the club & football has moved on - I’m not suggesting the ‘blame’ is split evenly but all have a share in either what they did do or should/could have done.

For me long since time to move on.


Pretty much spot on.
0
The action taken by Swansea City Supporters Trust on 22:07 - Nov 23 with 963 viewsNotLoyal

The action taken by Swansea City Supporters Trust on 21:34 - Nov 23 by KeithHaynes

It seems the usual protagonists from the old site will jump to conclusions based on their own issues or personal agenda. Its been mentioned that I don't care what is posted on here as long as I get hits. Darran as an example has mentioned me five times in relation to this topic, and referenced my family. I have asked him personally to stop as the references are in my name and searchable by my family and includes my daughter. He has mentioned I've stated to him I've said I don't care what is said as long as I get hits, it seems I'm becoming his new obsession. That is a lie. His fallings out on here with certain posters are a complete obsession but I'm pointing out now to anyone who has followed this thread at no time has that been said. Any opinion is welcome on here and don't be afraid to state them as long as they are not offensive in any way. something one or two don't seem to grasp. Thanks for your continued support.

This post has been edited by an administrator


Anyone who would se someone's family in the way that fool has today to have a go at you or indirectly at others deserves some payback. The blokes disgusting, an obsessive mental case who most people know is lowlife, you've given him his chances, enough is enough.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

0
The action taken by Swansea City Supporters Trust on 22:16 - Nov 23 with 947 viewsDarran

The action taken by Swansea City Supporters Trust on 22:07 - Nov 23 by NotLoyal

Anyone who would se someone's family in the way that fool has today to have a go at you or indirectly at others deserves some payback. The blokes disgusting, an obsessive mental case who most people know is lowlife, you've given him his chances, enough is enough.


I would never post anything online that isn’t true.
I’ve spoken to Keith in private and I won’t be mentioning it again.
If you can change from posting your utterly disgusting comments about women and disabled people in wheelchairs posting about people places of work and their wives names perhaps I can too.
I love you wheely,
Ironside.
xxx

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

0
The action taken by Swansea City Supporters Trust on 22:29 - Nov 23 with 932 viewsNotLoyal

The action taken by Swansea City Supporters Trust on 22:16 - Nov 23 by Darran

I would never post anything online that isn’t true.
I’ve spoken to Keith in private and I won’t be mentioning it again.
If you can change from posting your utterly disgusting comments about women and disabled people in wheelchairs posting about people places of work and their wives names perhaps I can too.
I love you wheely,
Ironside.
xxx


You wouldn't know the truth if your life depended on it, your a twisted old fool who used someone's family and a terminal illness to pursue your own vendettas against another poster on here. Youve got your centre of attention moment, I'm sure you are loving it., what else do you have in your life. Nothing. If you think the things you posted today are the truth you prove to everyone what a liar yiu are. Leave the Internet alone for a few days, stop looking for enemies and try being nice.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

0
The action taken by Swansea City Supporters Trust on 22:39 - Nov 23 with 909 viewsNotLoyal

Another thread rail roaded by me, me, me.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

0
Login to get fewer ads

The action taken by Swansea City Supporters Trust on 22:40 - Nov 23 with 900 viewsDarran

He did on Saturday night at 22:14.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

0
The action taken by Swansea City Supporters Trust on 22:44 - Nov 23 with 893 viewsNotLoyal

The action taken by Swansea City Supporters Trust on 22:40 - Nov 23 by Darran

He did on Saturday night at 22:14.


YOU stated 'Keith said to me he doesn't care what is said on fansnetwork as long as it gets me hits AND money'
That's a LIE.
All you have achieved is dragging both phils and Keith's website down to the levels this place was when for god knows what reason you were a moderator. Actually I know why you are playing games with Phil and Keith it's because you have no control to bully and harass.
Go on make up a screenshot.
I'm done with you. As you well know.
And still no apology. Disgusting.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2020 22:48]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

0
The action taken by Swansea City Supporters Trust on 22:52 - Nov 23 with 867 viewsDarran

The action taken by Swansea City Supporters Trust on 22:44 - Nov 23 by NotLoyal

YOU stated 'Keith said to me he doesn't care what is said on fansnetwork as long as it gets me hits AND money'
That's a LIE.
All you have achieved is dragging both phils and Keith's website down to the levels this place was when for god knows what reason you were a moderator. Actually I know why you are playing games with Phil and Keith it's because you have no control to bully and harass.
Go on make up a screenshot.
I'm done with you. As you well know.
And still no apology. Disgusting.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2020 22:48]


Why would I want to make up a screenshot it’s on page 2 of this thread?

I’m quite hurt by what you say about me when I was a moderator on here mind,not once did I ever remove any of your utterly vile misogynistic posts or give you a warning.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

0
The action taken by Swansea City Supporters Trust on 22:53 - Nov 23 with 868 viewsNotLoyal

The action taken by Swansea City Supporters Trust on 22:52 - Nov 23 by Darran

Why would I want to make up a screenshot it’s on page 2 of this thread?

I’m quite hurt by what you say about me when I was a moderator on here mind,not once did I ever remove any of your utterly vile misogynistic posts or give you a warning.


See now it's my turn. Jog on we are done.

Edit - BTW, superb sociopathic skills there in turning this conversation in to you being the victim. Jeez, there for the world to see. If ever a point was proven.
Night, night. x
[Post edited 23 Nov 2020 23:00]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

0
The action taken by Swansea City Supporters Trust on 22:57 - Nov 23 with 858 viewsDarran

The action taken by Swansea City Supporters Trust on 22:53 - Nov 23 by NotLoyal

See now it's my turn. Jog on we are done.

Edit - BTW, superb sociopathic skills there in turning this conversation in to you being the victim. Jeez, there for the world to see. If ever a point was proven.
Night, night. x
[Post edited 23 Nov 2020 23:00]


You’re having a go at me mun.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

0
The action taken by Swansea City Supporters Trust on 23:28 - Nov 23 with 825 viewsWhiterockin

Number 2 is an opinion not fact.
0
The action taken by Swansea City Supporters Trust on 23:40 - Nov 23 with 793 viewsDarran

The action taken by Swansea City Supporters Trust on 23:28 - Nov 23 by Whiterockin

Number 2 is an opinion not fact.


Well you can call it what you want but the previous shareholders didn’t have the interests of the football club at heart and the current shareholders only got involved in the football club to make lots of money.
Opinion or not the football club is/was secondary.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

0
The action taken by Swansea City Supporters Trust on 08:12 - Nov 24 with 686 viewsWhiterockin

The action taken by Swansea City Supporters Trust on 23:40 - Nov 23 by Darran

Well you can call it what you want but the previous shareholders didn’t have the interests of the football club at heart and the current shareholders only got involved in the football club to make lots of money.
Opinion or not the football club is/was secondary.


Quite possibly but of the three I know who I would prefer to have running the club in the current situation and that is the current owners.
0
The action taken by Swansea City Supporters Trust on 08:49 - Nov 24 with 671 viewsChief

The action taken by Swansea City Supporters Trust on 08:12 - Nov 24 by Whiterockin

Quite possibly but of the three I know who I would prefer to have running the club in the current situation and that is the current owners.


That's a different point though isn't it.

High paid executives such as Winter are obviously going more proficient than running a football club than unpaid members of the supporters trust who work in other fields.

At the end of the day, the likes of Levein and Kaplan probably wouldn't care less if the club they haven't set in foot in for about 3 years ceased to exist as long as they made a profit on their investment.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

0
The action taken by Swansea City Supporters Trust on 09:26 - Nov 24 with 642 viewsWhiterockin

The action taken by Swansea City Supporters Trust on 08:49 - Nov 24 by Chief

That's a different point though isn't it.

High paid executives such as Winter are obviously going more proficient than running a football club than unpaid members of the supporters trust who work in other fields.

At the end of the day, the likes of Levein and Kaplan probably wouldn't care less if the club they haven't set in foot in for about 3 years ceased to exist as long as they made a profit on their investment.


Different point but a valid scenario. To make a profit or even break even they have to drive the club forward. So short term they are the best option to be running the club.

Long term we would all love the club to to be in the hands of wealthy, local owners with a love for the club but realistically that is never going to happen.

Looking at it sensibly if the trust were to go to court and win and get the result I think they want, which is the shares to be bought for the value they were at the time of the takeover. What happens then, they have £20M in the bank and could only afford to buy the club if it failed miserably.

The other option would be to put the £20M into the club with and investment matched by the owners of £80M pro rata and that is never going to happen either.
0
The action taken by Swansea City Supporters Trust on 09:47 - Nov 24 with 630 viewsChief

The action taken by Swansea City Supporters Trust on 09:26 - Nov 24 by Whiterockin

Different point but a valid scenario. To make a profit or even break even they have to drive the club forward. So short term they are the best option to be running the club.

Long term we would all love the club to to be in the hands of wealthy, local owners with a love for the club but realistically that is never going to happen.

Looking at it sensibly if the trust were to go to court and win and get the result I think they want, which is the shares to be bought for the value they were at the time of the takeover. What happens then, they have £20M in the bank and could only afford to buy the club if it failed miserably.

The other option would be to put the £20M into the club with and investment matched by the owners of £80M pro rata and that is never going to happen either.


- Well no one advocates the trust taking over the running of the club&if that day came, i assume they would hire professionals like the Americans have to oversee the everyday running of the club.
- Yea i agree the days of local ownership with a real connection are probably gone.
- And that's exactly the point if / when the club does fail miserably there is a fund there that can help. Hopefully it never comes to it. But it would be somewhat of a safety net.
- The trust wouldn't be a shareholder so investing would be difficult and the Americans wouldn't have to match it.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2020 9:47]

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

1
The action taken by Swansea City Supporters Trust on 10:40 - Nov 24 with 588 viewsonehunglow

Retired?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

0
The action taken by Swansea City Supporters Trust on 11:46 - Nov 24 with 553 viewsReslovenSwan1

The action taken by Swansea City Supporters Trust on 21:01 - Nov 23 by Treforys_Jack

And won't answer the question did HJ & MM lie and decieve?


How can I answer this question being a simple fan with no affliaitions?. If I said 'no' you would then ask how did I know?

The Trust people are very hard to deal with and move at glacial pace. They are the old man in his Ford Anglia driving at 35 mph in the middle lane on the motorway. He calls you out when you pass on the inside after being blocked for 20 miniutes and you have doctors appointment.

You are using the Trust members 'dirty tricks toolbox' which I have come across before. Reply to a good argument by an normal fan and accuse him / her of being somebody else with a vested interest. If that does not work accuse him /her of being deranged, mad, obsessive, certifiable. Failing that look to humiliate using cowardly gang culture. At all cost make sure all posts are answered and attempt to discredit.

Most fair minded people will see through this and stay out of the debate.

Wise sage since Toshack era
Poll: Do Swansea city have enough centre backs?

-1
The action taken by Swansea City Supporters Trust on 12:24 - Nov 24 with 521 viewsChief

The action taken by Swansea City Supporters Trust on 11:46 - Nov 24 by ReslovenSwan1

How can I answer this question being a simple fan with no affliaitions?. If I said 'no' you would then ask how did I know?

The Trust people are very hard to deal with and move at glacial pace. They are the old man in his Ford Anglia driving at 35 mph in the middle lane on the motorway. He calls you out when you pass on the inside after being blocked for 20 miniutes and you have doctors appointment.

You are using the Trust members 'dirty tricks toolbox' which I have come across before. Reply to a good argument by an normal fan and accuse him / her of being somebody else with a vested interest. If that does not work accuse him /her of being deranged, mad, obsessive, certifiable. Failing that look to humiliate using cowardly gang culture. At all cost make sure all posts are answered and attempt to discredit.

Most fair minded people will see through this and stay out of the debate.


And some people wonder why you are labelled as someone with a vested interest.

Unbelievable.

You still won't answer the question.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2020 12:25]

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

0
The action taken by Swansea City Supporters Trust on 12:28 - Nov 24 with 518 viewsKeithHaynes

The action taken by Swansea City Supporters Trust on 12:24 - Nov 24 by Chief

And some people wonder why you are labelled as someone with a vested interest.

Unbelievable.

You still won't answer the question.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2020 12:25]


I think it’s time for me to point out that he/she is not anything to do with any previous owners of the club.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Would you like to appear here as a Welsh football writer?

0
The action taken by Swansea City Supporters Trust on 12:34 - Nov 24 with 600 viewsChief

The action taken by Swansea City Supporters Trust on 12:28 - Nov 24 by KeithHaynes

I think it’s time for me to point out that he/she is not anything to do with any previous owners of the club.


He certainly comes across as having a vested interest though.

No logical unbiased observer could possibly say that the sellouts didn't lie and deceive. Even the Americans have admitted it! And we know about Huws actions about doctoring the meeting minutes&trying to dismiss the shareholder agreement from his and Farnells own words!

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

1
The action taken by Swansea City Supporters Trust on 12:45 - Nov 24 with 593 viewsTreforys_Jack

The action taken by Swansea City Supporters Trust on 12:28 - Nov 24 by KeithHaynes

I think it’s time for me to point out that he/she is not anything to do with any previous owners of the club.


That's even more disappointing then, at least if he was, there would be some mitigation for his posts. Luckily he seems to be in the minority.
Won't say a word against the sellers, but castigates the trust at every opportunity.
For what its worth, I have no issue with the sellers selling, they were well within their rights to do so, it was all about the manner of the sale. I also have nothing against the Americans, and actually think they are doing a decent job, albeit from a distance.
Lastly for the Wirral one, I'm not on PS and have never been, due to an individual whom I dont wish to be associated with in any shape or form. So you can leave out the accusations of running back to HQ as you eloquently put it.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2020 12:46]
0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026