Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff Apply for Loan off EFL 17:17 - Jan 25 with 5052 views34dfgdf54

Doesn’t seem right considering they’ve just paid over £1.5m in transfers
Cardiff Apply for Loan off EFL on 17:20 - Jan 25 with 3106 viewsmagicdaps10

That's is a pee take!

2 new signings and then apply for this. It's like me going out for a slap up meal and then going to a food bank the next day.

They really are currently a joke of a club.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Cardiff Apply for Loan off EFL on 17:26 - Jan 25 with 3075 viewsvetchonian

Cardiff Apply for Loan off EFL on 17:20 - Jan 25 by magicdaps10

That's is a pee take!

2 new signings and then apply for this. It's like me going out for a slap up meal and then going to a food bank the next day.

They really are currently a joke of a club.

Big clu big debt.......and they havent been told to stump up for Sala yet!!!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Cardiff Apply for Loan off EFL on 17:28 - Jan 25 with 3072 viewsjohnlangy

Cardiff Apply for Loan off EFL on 17:26 - Jan 25 by vetchonian

Maybe that's why they need to borrow the money.
Cardiff Apply for Loan off EFL on 17:31 - Jan 25 with 3062 viewsHumpty

That is absolutely taking the piss.
Cardiff Apply for Loan off EFL on 17:35 - Jan 25 with 3046 viewspembsjack

I thought that if you borrowed through this scheme you basically placed under a transfer embargo for this window, or was I dreaming that?
Cardiff Apply for Loan off EFL on 17:37 - Jan 25 with 3034 viewsCatullus

Can't their owner lend them the money...then convert it to equity later? Or is Tan giving up on bankrolling the sleeping giants?

I wonder if Tan is losing interest?

I don't think this is a pee take though. Many clubs are in this positionand most of them will have been making loans and transfers.

Just be grateful we are in a financially sound position, unlike them up the road!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Cardiff Apply for Loan off EFL on 17:38 - Jan 25 with 3035 views34dfgdf54

From a CCFC supporting colleague:

<< Dalman has said today that we’re currently paying out 3m a month. Not sure if that’s high or not for our level but he said we’d struggle to cover that without Tans backing in current climate>>

In big, big trouble if they need to pay Nantes I reckon.
Cardiff Apply for Loan off EFL on 17:42 - Jan 25 with 3019 viewsCatullus

Cardiff Apply for Loan off EFL on 17:38 - Jan 25 by 34dfgdf54

From a CCFC supporting colleague:

<< Dalman has said today that we’re currently paying out 3m a month. Not sure if that’s high or not for our level but he said we’d struggle to cover that without Tans backing in current climate>>

In big, big trouble if they need to pay Nantes I reckon.

There's this,

https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php?447423-How-can-the-Club-be-losing-%A33m-a-

Some real concerns out there in sleeping giant land.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff Apply for Loan off EFL on 17:44 - Jan 25 with 3009 viewsNeath_Jack

It says in the headline they have applied for it.

I haven't read the article, but hopefully they will be turned down for it. It's a complete piss take if they are allowed to buy those two new players, then the following week go cap in hand. Stinks to high heaven if they get it.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Cardiff Apply for Loan off EFL on 17:47 - Jan 25 with 2991 viewsNortbankboy

Cardiff Apply for Loan off EFL on 17:44 - Jan 25 by Neath_Jack

It says in the headline they have applied for it.

I haven't read the article, but hopefully they will be turned down for it. It's a complete piss take if they are allowed to buy those two new players, then the following week go cap in hand. Stinks to high heaven if they get it.

Starving gets!
Cardiff Apply for Loan off EFL on 17:47 - Jan 25 with 2985 viewsDr_Winston

Cardiff Apply for Loan off EFL on 17:37 - Jan 25 by Catullus

Can't their owner lend them the money...then convert it to equity later? Or is Tan giving up on bankrolling the sleeping giants?

I don't think this is a pee take though. Many clubs are in this positionand most of them will have been making loans and transfers.

Just be grateful we are in a financially sound position, unlike them up the road!!

According to Forbes, Tan's net worth has dropped from $1.2bn since the start of the pandemic to $750m now. Thats enough of a dent in anyone's business operations to make the ongoing subsidy of one of the lesser parts of his empire an unattractive proposition, never mind throwing away another $150m or so writing off even more debt.

Chuck in £15m for Sala and more reduced parachute payments due and they're on decidedly thin ice. Wouldn't be surprised if there's truth to the belief that they've plumped for McCarthy instead of pressing the reset button because they simply don't have the time to do that.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Cardiff Apply for Loan off EFL on 17:51 - Jan 25 with 2980 viewsChief

They took on Harry Wilsons wages on when there was no prospect of incomings back to normal.

No sympathy and its ridiculous they are going for this considering they're still spending!!

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Cardiff Apply for Loan off EFL on 17:59 - Jan 25 with 2955 viewsHumpty

Then we'll agree to disagree. How anyone can not think that's taking the piss I don't know.
Cardiff Apply for Loan off EFL on 18:15 - Jan 25 with 2915 viewsjasper_T

He's done that for tens of millions (probably over £100m by now) already. Regardless of how interested anyone is eventually you stop shovelling into the money pit.

Benefit of selling players and clearing that PL deficit is we don't have to service £60m+ of debt now, when income is even shorter than expected without attendances. We're in a position to spend the money on huge wages for Hourihane for a promotion push without breaking the bank.
Cardiff Apply for Loan off EFL on 18:32 - Jan 25 with 2874 viewsItchySphincter

I’m going to be careful not to gloat here. There’s no doubt that football in general takes the p!ss but this could have happened to anyone, who knows? Could we be next? Have our owners gone full tilt for promotion knowing that if we don’t do it we’re in trouble? Cardiff look as if they’ve written off their season other than consolidation and trying to get their ducks I order. I think our owners, chief exec, management should get a bit of praise if we navigate our ways through these choppy waters without getting bummed like them up the road.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2021 18:33]

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Cardiff Apply for Loan off EFL on 18:36 - Jan 25 with 2873 viewsJoe_bradshaw

They’ve spent money on transfers and they’re getting parachute payments.

What a joke.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Cardiff Apply for Loan off EFL on 18:43 - Jan 25 with 2848 viewsthornabyswan

Cardiff Apply for Loan off EFL on 17:26 - Jan 25 by vetchonian

This cant be right they are a massive club and are owned by a billionaire.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Cardiff Apply for Loan off EFL on 18:57 - Jan 25 with 2801 viewsAguycalledJack

Cardiff Apply for Loan off EFL on 18:32 - Jan 25 by ItchySphincter

I’m going to be careful not to gloat here. There’s no doubt that football in general takes the p!ss but this could have happened to anyone, who knows? Could we be next? Have our owners gone full tilt for promotion knowing that if we don’t do it we’re in trouble? Cardiff look as if they’ve written off their season other than consolidation and trying to get their ducks I order. I think our owners, chief exec, management should get a bit of praise if we navigate our ways through these choppy waters without getting bummed like them up the road.

Yes, but over on anus site there’s a thread bemoaning the fact that the wag are helping the rugby clubs and that Cardiff, Swansea and Newport Football clubs get nothing. I’m not up on the history of these things but if they get one then surely the likes of bury etc should have also been given one?
Cardiff Apply for Loan off EFL on 18:57 - Jan 25 with 2800 viewsheatwave

Doesn't sound great. If they were to go into Admin it's the only thing they would say we are better at.
Cardiff Apply for Loan off EFL on 18:59 - Jan 25 with 2777 viewsDr_Winston

Cardiff Apply for Loan off EFL on 18:57 - Jan 25 by AguycalledJack

Yes, but over on anus site there’s a thread bemoaning the fact that the wag are helping the rugby clubs and that Cardiff, Swansea and Newport Football clubs get nothing. I’m not up on the history of these things but if they get one then surely the likes of bury etc should have also been given one?

Isn't there some sort of FIFA/UEFA rule against state aid for football clubs?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Cardiff Apply for Loan off EFL on 19:00 - Jan 25 with 2777 viewsChief

Id have sympathy for them if they hadn't knowingly taken on Wilsons wages in January knowing there was no imminent end to the pandemic in sight, buying players just last week and also sacking (and paying off) managers and coaching team and taking on another manager and staff.

All completely avoidable outlays for a club in 'trouble'.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Cardiff Apply for Loan off EFL on 19:01 - Jan 25 with 2775 viewsAguycalledJack

Cardiff Apply for Loan off EFL on 18:59 - Jan 25 by Dr_Winston

Isn't there some sort of FIFA/UEFA rule against state aid for football clubs?

I think that you may be correct.
Cardiff Apply for Loan off EFL on 19:02 - Jan 25 with 2768 viewsraynor94

Could be in deep doggy doo soon, involved in 3 court cases, which could end up costing them £50 Million!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Cardiff Apply for Loan off EFL on 19:03 - Jan 25 with 2761 views34dfgdf54

Cardiff Apply for Loan off EFL on 18:32 - Jan 25 by ItchySphincter

See I think that’s what Cardiff have done, they’ve gone full tilt on promotion and it’s a gamble which looks like it’s falling apart. The money they shelled out on Moore and Wilson, the latter being hell of a lot more than their media are trying to make out, they was expecting to go up this year in what is their last season of getting parachute (only get two if you only last a season I believe)

It’s gone belly up, the sala thing over their heads and now Tan losing serious cash over Covid at the same time his club are losing £3m per month due to Covid and financial mismanagement. They haven’t got assets like ourselves (Roberts, Cabango, Grimes) and it’s turned into a perfect storm for them. I think they are in big, big trouble if the court case goes against them.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2021 19:04]
Cardiff Apply for Loan off EFL on 19:09 - Jan 25 with 2731 viewsBoundy

That's gotta hurt :

"Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:55 pm

The group of fans were told that Cardiff fans did not appreciate that the Committee had gone out and brought in young managers like Paul Trollope and Neil Harris, so we have tried that way.

The Committee tried for a young/modern big name and he turned us down saying "I want bigger things and a bigger club to manage."
"I am also more ambitious than Cardiff they were told, I can better myself."

So the fans were told we have now turned to the old style Mick McCarthy."

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024