Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? 07:25 - Jan 30 with 24280 viewsGlyn1

And why, exactly?

Controversial Jack, but who else?

From CJ : "Appears that it could only be 70% effective and not 90% , and none of those in the trial given the low dosage were over 55. Given that many won't have the vaccine and it's effectiveness is just 70% it's going to be a crock of shit."
[Post edited 30 Jan 2021 7:28]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 21:03 - Jan 31 with 1061 viewsonehunglow

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 21:00 - Jan 31 by Fireboy2

I honestly cannot believe that after all the sh!t we have been through that anyone who is offered the vaccine would turn it down.

Now I don't know the make up, the side affects and how much percentage wise it helps you not contracting covid but I know quite alot of people who have had it both in the emergency services and members of the public and not one of them have had any side effects.

As has been mentioned several times before and i agree that restaurants, pubs airline etc should not accept people that do not have the vaccine passport.

This virus kills .therefore we have to protect the innocent who die because of others selfishness

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 21:16 - Jan 31 with 1041 viewsJack123

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 20:14 - Jan 31 by Scotia

It stops people getting the virus and passing it on.

The worst case scenario is if you get vaccinated but still get the virus you are almost certain not to get severely ill.

So in the worst case scenario, you aren't being a burden on the NHS, you aren't taking up a bed someone else could use, you aren't being treated by a nurse head to foot in uncomfortable PPE and your family won't have to speak to you through facetime.

In the best case scenario you won't potentially kill other people.

Where is the evidence?

Burden on the Nhs really?

Do you actually believe that having the vaccine will grant you some special powers?

I think what you will find, come OCTOBER no it does not..and we keep on going the same way.

libera nos a malo

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 21:20 - Jan 31 with 1036 viewsProfessor

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 20:38 - Jan 31 by Catullus

Maybe (and the prof would have to help me out here) if it's reducing the symptoms it's reducing the viral load which means, if you pass it on you are passing less viral load on and lessening the chance of making others seriously ill.

That's besides the not ending up seriously ill yourself and possibly ending up in ITU so relieving pressure on the NHS.

Help yourself, help others. If you're not up for helping others just go with helping yourelf.

Yes -Cat.

All these vaccines are primarily designed to produce neutralising antibody. These bind to the virus, stop the virion infecting cells and allow other parts of the immune system to destroy the virus. The main effect is to stop disease, rather than infection. This will reduce viral load and importantly also reduce the length of infection and transmission. We are only (as Scotia is rightly saying) now seeing the effects on transmission which can only really be seen in vaccinated groups a month or so from vaccination-this is pretty evident in Israel.

There is no real way of testing transmission or infectivity in the type of vaccine trials done on people as infecting people with SARS CoV2 is not a good idea. There are some serious diseases (like Typhoid) where a human challenge model can be done as the infection is treatable (using an antibiotic sensitive strain as the challenge and close monitoring). The Oxford vaccine group are using this to make very effective vaccines for Typhoid. So we can only rely on epidemiological and animal experiment data. Certainly in both pigs and macaques the (AZ) vaccine reduced the viral load considerably.

We are fortunate to have four viable vaccines for use (not including the Sinovac and Sputnik). They are amongst the safest vaccines produced. I am especially impressed by the Novavax Sub unit vaccine. These are very safe, but normally struggle to get a good immune response.

The point about eradication is a good one. Of course eradication did not begin with Jenner vaccinating James Phipps (his servant's son), as it requires a global effort to eradicate any pathogen.
That's why we have only managed easily vaccine preventable diseases-wild polio and the cattle disease Rindepest being the others. We can control a disease in this country, but the threat of return is always there unless we have. global effort. Foot and Mouth is a example-we are free of it, but when it comes back into a susceptible population then......

Vaccines work. They are not without risk, but the odds are far better than infection.
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 21:22 - Jan 31 with 1030 viewsFireboy2

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 21:16 - Jan 31 by Jack123

Where is the evidence?

Do you actually believe that having the vaccine will grant you some special powers?

I think what you will find, come OCTOBER no it does not..and we keep on going the same way.

You are letting yourself down very badly with your attitude.

I have told you before how full the hospitals have been but you dismissed my very truthful advise.

It is ultimately this reason is why we have been put into this strict lockdown, if some people had behaved properly and basically not acted like tvvats we wouldnt have had to go into the second lockdown.

This vaccination process is absolutely vital to us as a nation in getting through this sh!t.
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 21:25 - Jan 31 with 1027 viewsScotia

Where is the evidence?

Here's some evidence, it's early days but common sense and the deputy chief medical officer suggest it will reduce transmission. That's good enough for me.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2266330-how-effective-are-coronavirus-vacci

Of course a burden on the NHS, why wouldn't you be? You've willfully refused a vaccine, provided by them, that would have stopped you getting so ill they needed to pump oxygen in to you.

Any evidence for your October statement? We could be in that situation if we don't vaccinate people and/or a new variant evolves.
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 21:28 - Jan 31 with 1018 viewsDr_Winston

Maybe there should be some sort of badge that anti-Vaxxers are required to wear so they can be easily identified as dumbasses who don't give a shit about the rest of us.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 21:29 - Jan 31 with 1016 viewspencoedjack

Where is the evidence?

I’d drop out of this thread fella you are making an arse of yourself.
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 21:30 - Jan 31 with 1016 viewsFireboy2

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 21:28 - Jan 31 by Dr_Winston

Maybe there should be some sort of badge that anti-Vaxxers are required to wear so they can be easily identified as dumbasses who don't give a shit about the rest of us.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Login to get fewer ads

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 21:34 - Jan 31 with 1008 viewsProfessor

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 21:28 - Jan 31 by Dr_Winston

I have no issue with stopping access to services, transport and entrance to properties without vaccination (with exceptions). Need a vaccination certificate for many countries
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 21:43 - Jan 31 with 988 viewsJack123

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 21:34 - Jan 31 by Professor

I have no issue with stopping access to services, transport and entrance to properties without vaccination (with exceptions). Need a vaccination certificate for many countries

Why on earth would you say that? What difference does it make if somebody refuses.

libera nos a malo

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 21:46 - Jan 31 with 980 viewsScotia

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 21:43 - Jan 31 by Jack123

Why on earth would you say that? What difference does it make if somebody refuses.

Because they could kill someone.
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 21:47 - Jan 31 with 980 viewsCatullus

Thanks for the backup earlier Prof, glad I was mostly right.

Fireboy, my missus had the jab and she had a few side effects but they were the hangover ones, headache, felt a bit rubbish. Nothing too serious and they lasted 2 days.

It's a massive puzzle to me, never mind if it doesn't stop transmission, why anybody would want to take a chance on catching it and being seriously ill is beyond me.

One of the links I posted, a 46 year old fitness fanatic, he died of covid. The other link was younger people. If anyone wants to covid gamble with their own life then fine, it's their choice but please don't gamble with other peoples lives.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 21:51 - Jan 31 with 974 viewsFireboy2

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 21:43 - Jan 31 by Jack123

Wow 😳
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 21:52 - Jan 31 with 971 viewsProfessor

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 21:46 - Jan 31 by Scotia

Is the right answer. If I want to go to Brazil or Ethiopia I have to have yellow fever vaccination. They don’t want it, so need that assurance
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 21:52 - Jan 31 with 971 viewsJack123

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 21:46 - Jan 31 by Scotia

Oh ok, you have no evidence to spout, just spurious rubbish.

libera nos a malo

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 21:54 - Jan 31 with 966 viewsProfessor

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 21:47 - Jan 31 by Catullus

Fireboy, my missus had the jab and she had a few side effects but they were the hangover ones, headache, felt a bit rubbish. Nothing too serious and they lasted 2 days.

It's a massive puzzle to me, never mind if it doesn't stop transmission, why anybody would want to take a chance on catching it and being seriously ill is beyond me.

One of the links I posted, a 46 year old fitness fanatic, he died of covid. The other link was younger people. If anyone wants to covid gamble with their own life then fine, it's their choice but please don't gamble with other peoples lives.

Cheers Cat- you take care
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 21:56 - Jan 31 with 961 viewsFireboy2

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 21:47 - Jan 31 by Catullus

It sounds like you wife has had side affects that my father in law had when he first started receiving the flu jab, hes been having it for over 5 years and he diesnt get them anymore, I suspect once we are though it the covid vaccine will become similar to the flu jab, we will be offered it and the vulnerable will get it every year.
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 22:00 - Jan 31 with 954 viewsScotia

Neither do I. I suppose that's the way the world will come to be.

What I find ironic is many anti vax / anti mask people I see on social media will say they'll refuse to get a vaccine that may allow them to get on a plane. But that plane would fly them to Ibiza where they'd take pills made in a warehouse in Holland or snort powder made in a rainforest in Colombia. For fun.
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 22:01 - Jan 31 with 954 viewsJack123

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 21:51 - Jan 31 by Fireboy2

Wow 😳

What's the wow about fb? It's pretty concise and clear from what I have said, if you disagree, good for you.

libera nos a malo

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 22:03 - Jan 31 with 950 viewsCatullus

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 21:56 - Jan 31 by Fireboy2

It sounds like you wife has had side affects that my father in law had when he first started receiving the flu jab, hes been having it for over 5 years and he diesnt get them anymore, I suspect once we are though it the covid vaccine will become similar to the flu jab, we will be offered it and the vulnerable will get it every year.

I think so too. I don't get any side effects from the flu jab myself, another needle every year won't bother me, I'm like a pin cushion anyway.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 22:12 - Jan 31 with 938 viewsScotia

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 21:52 - Jan 31 by Jack123

Oh ok, you have no evidence to spout, just spurious rubbish.

I've just posted a link that says the evidence suggests it reduces transmission. Even if it reduces transmission to a tiny extent it will save lives. Nothing spurious about it.

Do you realise that people do die from covid?
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 22:12 - Jan 31 with 935 viewsJack123

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 21:51 - Jan 31 by Fireboy2

Wow 😳

lol I guarantee, you will say nothing, bloody embarrassing.

libera nos a malo

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 22:15 - Jan 31 with 932 viewsScotia

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 21:52 - Jan 31 by Professor

Is the right answer. If I want to go to Brazil or Ethiopia I have to have yellow fever vaccination. They don’t want it, so need that assurance

Now the yellow fever vaccine is one I had strange side effects from. I felt incredibly paranoid for a few hours, when Mrs Scotia had it she couldn't get out of the bath.

A small price to pay in the grand scheme of things though.
Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 22:17 - Jan 31 with 928 viewsCatullus

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 22:12 - Jan 31 by Jack123

lol I guarantee, you will say nothing, bloody embarrassing.

You know who is embarrasing, it's you. Honestly, we have experts telling us the truth and you'd rather believe some crackpots.

Doesn't it matter to you how many people have died? Do youthink you ar somehow immune?

Well good luck with that, I honestly hope you don't find out what one of our friends did, that covid kills, it kille her but I can't read anymore of this.

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 22:18 - Jan 31 with 926 viewsScotia

Who is going to refuse to be vaccinated? on 22:03 - Jan 31 by Catullus

I think so too. I don't get any side effects from the flu jab myself, another needle every year won't bother me, I'm like a pin cushion anyway.

I know a few people who've had the Pfizer jab, including myself, with no side effects whatsoever.

I don't know anyone who's has the Oxford jab yet.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024