Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dai Davies has died aged 72 : Tributes to Dai 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 11:42 - Feb 10 with 2231 viewstheloneranger

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dai-davies-everton-

RIP YJB

This post has been edited by an administrator

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Dai Davies has died aged 72 on 11:48 - Feb 10 with 1594 viewsswan65split

RIP YJB
Dai Davies has died aged 72 : Tributes to Dai on 12:36 - Feb 10 with 1512 viewsKeithHaynes

We first learned of Dai’s illness in the summer of last year

FORMER Wales and Swansea City goalkeeper Dai Davies has terminal cancer.
Davies’ close family took to social media to share the news that he has pancreatic cancer and is currently being treated at Wrexham’s Nightingale House Hospice.
His time on the pitch is remembered fondly by Welsh football fans of a certain vintage, with the former keeper having enjoyed a distinguished career in which he played top-flight football for both Swansea and Everton, as well as turning out for Wrexham, Tranmere Rovers and Bangor City.
The Glanaman-raised keeper, 72, spent three spells with the Swans. His early promise at the Vetch saw him earn a move to then-champions Everton in 1970. He returned to south Wales on loan in 1974, before coming back to the Vetch in 1981 following a stint at Wrexham.
He also earned 52 caps for the Welsh national team between 1975 and 1982, a record number of appearances for a goalkeeper until that feat was surpassed by the great Neville Southall.
Now, Davies’ loved ones have asked fans and wellwishers to share their favourite stories of him.
“Dad [Dai Davies] has had exceptional care at the Royal Hospital Liverpool recently after being diagnosed with cancer of the pancreas,” a social media post from his daughter read.
“Gareth, Rhian and myself are now able to see him daily as he has been transferred to Nightingale House, Wrexham.
“It would be nice to be able to share memories and stories with him. If you’d like to send Dai a message, then please send to our private email address: daisaveswales@gmail.com.”
Off the pitch Davies also thrived. He was the first footballer to become a member of the Gorsedd of Bards, at the 1978 National Eisteddfod in Cardiff.
When he retired from the game in 1984 he opened a book and craft shop in Mold, but was called out of retirement a year later to play for Bangor, for whom he famously saved a penalty in a European Cup Winners’ Cup tie at Atletico Madrid.
He later became a teacher, ran a natural health clinic in Llangollen and featured regularly as a football pundit for Welsh-language outlets.

RIP Dai.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Dai Davies has died aged 72 : Tributes to Dai 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 on 13:03 - Feb 10 with 1464 viewsswancity

Very sad news. RIP Dai.❤️

A Welsh football legend. 👏

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Dai Davies has died aged 72 : Tributes to Dai 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 on 13:15 - Feb 10 with 1442 viewsraynor94

RIP Dai, received a lot of undeserved criticism in his time here.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Dai Davies has died aged 72 : Tributes to Dai 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 on 13:29 - Feb 10 with 1413 viewsonehunglow

A day to forget any competency or fans comments from 30 years ago;he was a decent guy.I met him several times at Tranmere as he was fine.

He caught one of the very worst cancers as diagnosing Pancreatic aint easy

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Dai Davies has died aged 72 : Tributes to Dai 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 on 13:29 - Feb 10 with 1422 viewsKeithHaynes

Dai Davies has died aged 72 : Tributes to Dai 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 on 13:15 - Feb 10 by raynor94

RIP Dai, received a lot of undeserved criticism in his time here.

Can’t remember what game it was, but the huge hands left in the goal in front of the east stand is one moment.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Dai Davies has died aged 72 : Tributes to Dai 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 on 13:35 - Feb 10 with 1406 viewsraynor94

Dai Davies has died aged 72 : Tributes to Dai 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 on 13:29 - Feb 10 by KeithHaynes

Can’t remember what game it was, but the huge hands left in the goal in front of the east stand is one moment.

He did make 2 big errors in the Notts County game, must have been the game after.

My memory is not what it was these days

Dai Davies has died aged 72 : Tributes to Dai 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 on 13:36 - Feb 10 with 1402 viewspencoedjack

RIP YJB
Login to get fewer ads

Dai Davies has died aged 72 : Tributes to Dai 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 on 13:41 - Feb 10 with 1394 viewsCatullus

He fought the cancer with great stoicism,

RIP Dai the Drop, YJB.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Dai Davies has died aged 72 : Tributes to Dai 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 on 13:42 - Feb 10 with 1394 viewshobo

RIP Dai
Dai Davies has died aged 72 : Tributes to Dai 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 on 13:46 - Feb 10 with 1391 viewsAnotherJohn

Saw Dai Davies play for the Swans many times, including at the top level. RIP Dai.
Dai Davies has died aged 72 : Tributes to Dai 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 on 14:32 - Feb 10 with 1351 viewssP7qupUf

Dai Davies has died aged 72 : Tributes to Dai 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 on 13:29 - Feb 10 by KeithHaynes

It was in the warm up against Wolves. the same day as someone was throwing bananas from the North bank at George Berry. Awful really.
Dai Davies has died aged 72 : Tributes to Dai 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 on 15:03 - Feb 10 with 1321 viewsFlashberryjack

RIP Dai YJB

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Dai Davies has died aged 72 : Tributes to Dai 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 on 15:26 - Feb 10 with 1315 views1983

RIP Dai
YJB

Never knew he was from Carmarthenshire always thought he was a Gogg

Dai Davies has died aged 72 : Tributes to Dai 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 on 18:35 - Feb 10 with 1244 viewsmajorraglan

A patriot and a good guy. RIP
Dai Davies has died aged 72 : Tributes to Dai 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 on 18:50 - Feb 10 with 1236 viewsmax936

Dai Davies has died aged 72 : Tributes to Dai 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 on 14:32 - Feb 10 by sP7qupUf

It was in the warm up against Wolves. the same day as someone was throwing bananas from the North bank at George Berry. Awful really.

I was on the North Bank, when someone not far from my me my brother and my father throw one on at Garth Crooks, Crooks calmly picked it up and took a bite out it, quality moment, I hope whoever threw it felt a right T...

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Dai Davies has died aged 72 : Tributes to Dai 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 on 18:57 - Feb 10 with 1232 viewsmax936

Remember Dai well, did very well for us, watched a show about Gareth Edwards and his wife touring the canals on a canal boat, they were in the area that Dai loved and popped over to visit it him, he lived in a fantastic location, the view's were spectacular overlooking a river Very Sad Day,

RIP Dai Davies.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Dai Davies has died aged 72 : Tributes to Dai 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 on 19:57 - Feb 10 with 1214 viewsKilkennyjack

RIP Dai

Welsh legend.

YJB 🙏🏿

Beware of the Risen People

Dai Davies has died aged 72 : Tributes to Dai 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 on 20:14 - Feb 10 with 1189 viewsangryjack

Dai Davies has died aged 72 : Tributes to Dai 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 on 14:32 - Feb 10 by sP7qupUf

Thought it was against leicester
Dai Davies has died aged 72 : Tributes to Dai 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 on 20:23 - Feb 10 with 1184 viewsraynor94

Dai Davies has died aged 72 : Tributes to Dai 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 on 20:14 - Feb 10 by angryjack

Thought it was against leicester

Leicester weren't in Division 1 that season

Dai Davies has died aged 72 : Tributes to Dai 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 on 20:24 - Feb 10 with 1181 viewsOptimisticJack

RIP Dai.
Great servant to Swans, Everton and Wales.

Optimisticjack

Dai Davies has died aged 72 : Tributes to Dai 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 on 20:52 - Feb 10 with 1156 viewsNortbankboy

RIP Dai

A great goalkeeper

And a proud welshman
Dai Davies has died aged 72 : Tributes to Dai 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 on 21:17 - Feb 10 with 1141 viewsswancity

Dai Davies has died aged 72 : Tributes to Dai 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 on 20:24 - Feb 10 by OptimisticJack

RIP Dai.
Great servant to Swans, Everton and Wales.

Yes indeed and not forgetting his main club as regards games, Wrexham

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Dai Davies has died aged 72 : Tributes to Dai 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 on 22:32 - Feb 10 with 1121 viewsOptimisticJack

Dai Davies has died aged 72 : Tributes to Dai 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 on 21:17 - Feb 10 by swancity

Yes indeed and not forgetting his main club as regards games, Wrexham

How could I forget Wrexham?
Apologies.

Optimisticjack

Dai Davies has died aged 72 : Tributes to Dai 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 on 00:50 - Feb 11 with 1104 viewstheloneranger

52 games for Wales and only conceded 51goals..

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024