Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread SATURDAY TEAM NEWS 16:08 - Feb 18 with 15260 viewsNotLoyal

Swansea City continue their championship journey on Saturday

Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City
England — Championship
Date: Saturday, 20 February 2021
Kick-off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Kirklees Stadium (Huddersfield)

Match Officials
JOHN BROOKS
Matthew Jones and Akil Howson
Fourth Official : Leigh Doughty

LIVE FOR INTERNATIONAL TYPE FOLK

Highlights on Quest TV three hours after KO.
Radio coverage, Radio Wales LIVE.

The Ref

Good old Brooksy is back, the man who threw a few cards about in the 1-1 home draw with Brentford in January, remember he sent Kyle Naughton off ? Deservedly so too. He was also the ref when Cardiff City realised they were second best in Welsh football in December when the swans won 2-0 at Leckwith. He also sent off Joe Ralls that day, and deservedly so.

Huddersfield is inching closer to the relegation zone in the league table. The hosts have been winless for the last five matches in the campaign, following a 2-1 loss on the road against Middlesbrough. They have picked up 33 points from 9 wins and 6 draws in their 30 league appearances this season until now.

Swansea City hold fourth spot and will have an eye for the second spot in the league. The away team has picked up 56 points from 16 wins and 8 draws in their 28 attempts in the championship so far this season. They are on a five-game unbeaten streak, including a 1-0 win at home against Nottingham Forest.

Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Head-to-head

Two of their recent five matches have ended in a draw.
Their previous encounter gave a 1-2 away win for the Terriers.
Both teams have scored in their recent three fixtures.
The Swans have recorded three of the last five overall wins.
The host has lost only one of their last five clashes at home.

Huddersfield Town Facts

Huddersfield Town AFC (Association Football Club) was founded in 1908. They become a member of the Football League 1910 and has since when claimed three league titles: 1924, 1925, 1926. In the 1923-24 season Huddersfield was given the title by the rule of goal ratio that when was in practise. They had a 1,818 goal ratio against that 1.794 of Cardiff. Ha Bloody Ha.

In addition to the three league titles, Huddersfield has played in four FA Cup finals and have won one time. Huddersfield was for a long period well-established in the top leagues, but after a relegation after 1971-72 season, the fans had to wait until the 2017-18 season for the club's return to the highest league level. Now they are back in the championship with all the dross. Swans CEO Julian Winter used to be at Huddersfield, but he isn’t anymore due to the fact he left. Had he not left it could be he would still be there.

Julian Winter leaving Huddersfield when he was offered the job at Swansea

SWANSEA LATEST

Steve Cooper wants Swansea City to build on their hard-earned win over Nottingham Forest and produce an improved performance against a “dangerous” Huddersfield side.

The Swans head to West Yorkshire on the back of their 1-0 win at the Liberty in midweek, sealed by a late Connor Roberts header.

Head coach Cooper admitted his side had not been at their best, but was full of praise for the heart and desire they showed to climb back up to third in the Championship table.

But the Swansea boss hopes to see a more fluent display at the John Smith’s Stadium, and believes it will certainly be needed against a Terriers side who have suffered a dip in form, but were very unfortunate to suffer defeat at Middlesbrough in midweek.

“It’s about playing well in the next game, that’s really important because I don’t think you can rely too heavily on games like the last one,” he said.

“You take them when they come, and we might look back at it and realise how important a moment that was.

“But, as I’ve said before, this season is different, it is hard to predict and hard to prepare. We’ve got 10 games in 31 days coming up, and when has that ever happened?

“All I am focused on is Huddersfield, it is a dangerous game, they played really well against Middlesbrough in midweek and we have got to be ready.

“There’s still a big chunk of the season to go, so you look forward rather than back.

“We know we will have to be very good, tactically and technically, on Saturday.”

More football news and obscure truths later.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:23 - Feb 18 with 3170 viewsswancity

Important to know the history of our opponents

The club was named after being next to a farm initially over 100 years ago. A herd of cows was in the field and they all had udders. Before they knew it the ground was known as Uddersfield. Then they added the H to make it sound posh, not like Peterborough.

Not many people know this 👍

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 20:27 - Feb 18 with 3120 viewsNotLoyal

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:23 - Feb 18 by swancity

Important to know the history of our opponents

The club was named after being next to a farm initially over 100 years ago. A herd of cows was in the field and they all had udders. Before they knew it the ground was known as Uddersfield. Then they added the H to make it sound posh, not like Peterborough.

Not many people know this 👍

The main problem for me is the Friesian cow.
Met a bloke once from Huddersfield, he loved farming, but never owned a field.
Just had a few window boxes full of marigolds.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 07:34 - Feb 19 with 3044 viewsSwans9

I fancy us to win this one barring a ref or red card incident. I go 2 1.
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 07:54 - Feb 19 with 3035 viewspencoedjack

0 3

Ayew 2 Morris
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 09:44 - Feb 19 with 2978 viewsswancity

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 20:27 - Feb 18 by NotLoyal

Agreed, I’m not too keen on a fresian either. Same number of udders but a bit less milk per kilo. Which isn’t too bad if you like semi skimmed of course.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 10:19 - Feb 19 with 2966 views34dfgdf54

....................Freddie...................
...Cabango...Bennett.....Guehi....
Roberts...........................Bidwell
............Grimes.....Hourihane......
....................Ariolla.....................
...........Ayew............Morris.........

Chances of that are incredibly slim as Cooper will go for the Grimes, Hourihane and Smith/Fulton but that's the team i'd like to see.
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 11:35 - Feb 19 with 2939 viewstheloneranger

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 07:34 - Feb 19 by Swans9

I fancy us to win this one barring a ref or red card incident. I go 2 1.

This weeks referee is John Brooks. We've had him twice this season, home to Brentford and away at Cardiff. In both games he's shown the red card.

He's been a pretty lucky ref for us. If you take out his first game where we lost at home in the Carabao Cup to Crystal Palace, our league results are good when he's the ref.

P5 W3 D2.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2021 11:37]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 11:39 - Feb 19 with 2930 viewsmax936

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 20:27 - Feb 18 by NotLoyal

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 11:41 - Feb 19 with 2922 viewsmax936

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 09:44 - Feb 19 by swancity

Agreed, I’m not too keen on a fresian either. Same number of udders but a bit less milk per kilo. Which isn’t too bad if you like semi skimmed of course.

No good for making a decent cheese then

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:01 - Feb 19 with 2791 viewsAndyCole

We struggled against their marauding, high energy 352. They enjoy possession and play with the joie de vivre of their gung ho young spanish manager.

We need to at least match that energy and reignite our zip. Smith is the perfect fit for this game and maybe CH could do a job as a finisher.

It could be a game for Yan to orchestrate our final third. He'll definitely be fired up for it.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:40 - Feb 19 with 2756 viewsFireboy2

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:01 - Feb 19 by AndyCole

We struggled against their marauding, high energy 352. They enjoy possession and play with the joie de vivre of their gung ho young spanish manager.

We need to at least match that energy and reignite our zip. Smith is the perfect fit for this game and maybe CH could do a job as a finisher.

It could be a game for Yan to orchestrate our final third. He'll definitely be fired up for it.

Good post.
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:59 - Feb 19 with 2655 viewsDr_Winston

On form this should be a straightforward three points. We're more than capable of making it so.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 20:28 - Feb 19 with 2590 viewsFlashberryjack

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:59 - Feb 19 by Dr_Winston

On form this should be a straightforward three points. We're more than capable of making it so.

Yes we should, but if we play like we did against Forrest, it could go either way.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 20:43 - Feb 19 with 2583 viewsswan_si

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:59 - Feb 19 by Dr_Winston

They're 19th in the league, if we're hoping to go up automatically we should be beating teams from the bottom half, our 2 games in hand are 21st and 22nd, I know they'll be fighting to avoid relegation and would target 1 point as good result, but we have to be ambitious enough to be ruthless and relentless and target 3 points from games like these.
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 21:03 - Feb 19 with 2562 viewsraynor94

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 20:43 - Feb 19 by swan_si

They're 19th in the league, if we're hoping to go up automatically we should be beating teams from the bottom half, our 2 games in hand are 21st and 22nd, I know they'll be fighting to avoid relegation and would target 1 point as good result, but we have to be ambitious enough to be ruthless and relentless and target 3 points from games like these.

Blackburn, is one of our games in hand, of course we should be aiming for 3 points, but football is played on grass not paper.

All things being equal I'd expect us to win tomorrow, but stranger things have happened

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 21:55 - Feb 19 with 2516 viewsswan_si

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 21:03 - Feb 19 by raynor94

Blackburn, is one of our games in hand, of course we should be aiming for 3 points, but football is played on grass not paper.

All things being equal I'd expect us to win tomorrow, but stranger things have happened

I stand corrected, I still think we need to win these games if we're to go up automatically.
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 22:16 - Feb 19 with 2503 viewsraynor94

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 21:55 - Feb 19 by swan_si

I stand corrected, I still think we need to win these games if we're to go up automatically.

Quite agree

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 09:33 - Feb 20 with 2300 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 10:19 - Feb 19 by 34dfgdf54

....................Freddie...................
............Grimes.....Hourihane......
....................Ariolla.....................

Chances of that are incredibly slim as Cooper will go for the Grimes, Hourihane and Smith/Fulton but that's the team i'd like to see.

You’re going to need a battler in midfield. Smith for Ariolla.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread SATURDAY ! on 09:53 - Feb 20 with 2290 viewsKeithHaynes

Can’t see us starting without Fulton. First name on the team sheet for me at the moment.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread SATURDAY ! on 09:58 - Feb 20 with 2281 viewsraynor94

Hogg is an absolute thug in their midfield, we need Smith in there today for a bit of steel

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread SATURDAY TEAM NEWS on 10:02 - Feb 20 with 2267 viewsWhiterockin

....................Woodman...................
............Smith..............Fulton......
....................Grimes............
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread SATURDAY TEAM NEWS on 10:22 - Feb 20 with 2200 viewsKeithHaynes

Join us on the InterTweet folks

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread SATURDAY TEAM NEWS on 10:35 - Feb 20 with 2169 viewsonehunglow

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread SATURDAY TEAM NEWS on 10:22 - Feb 20 by KeithHaynes

Join us on the InterTweet folks

If my Huddersfield chums ,Phil and Craig are reading this,hope you get stuffed.

Hope to see you soon.

Richie
[Post edited 20 Feb 2021 10:36]

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 11:22 - Feb 20 with 2108 viewsDr_Winston

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 20:28 - Feb 19 by Flashberryjack

Yes we should, but if we play like we did against Forrest, it could go either way.

We weren't great against Forest, but Forest also played quite well. They had a tactical plan and it almost worked, which is something Cooper needs to ponder.

For me we could be a bit more proactive with tweaking things as the game goes on. With five subs available there's not really any excuse for waiting until the 65th-70th minute before changing anything if you're struggling. We've got the strongest bench we've had in quite some time. Would be a shame to waste it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 11:30 - Feb 20 with 2100 viewsFireboy2

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 11:22 - Feb 20 by Dr_Winston

We weren't great against Forest, but Forest also played quite well. They had a tactical plan and it almost worked, which is something Cooper needs to ponder.

For me we could be a bit more proactive with tweaking things as the game goes on. With five subs available there's not really any excuse for waiting until the 65th-70th minute before changing anything if you're struggling. We've got the strongest bench we've had in quite some time. Would be a shame to waste it.

Spot on Doc.

Huddersfield are like their nickname, the terriers so we are going to have to be strong early doors so I would start with the usual fulton, grimes and hourihane in midfield, I would play cabango instead of naughton and would give morris a starting position instead of lowe.

As you say we have the strongest bench for quite some time therefore cooper has no excuses for not changing things as and when is needed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024