Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Giggs 17:33 - Feb 26 with 6672 viewsraynor94

Bailed again, till May 1st, can't see him managing the National team again

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Giggs on 17:37 - Feb 26 with 2607 viewsKeithHaynes

Looks like the cps are still to make a charging decision on him, could go either way this.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Giggs on 17:39 - Feb 26 with 2582 viewsonehunglow

Giggs on 17:37 - Feb 26 by KeithHaynes

Looks like the cps are still to make a charging decision on him, could go either way this.

Can’t be good for his state of mind

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Giggs on 18:09 - Feb 26 with 2555 viewsReslovenSwan1

If I was a FAW big shot I would be expecting Giggs to approach me and offer to take unpaid leave until the matter is concluded. He will be on decent money and must be a multi millionaire. The FAW has responsibilities to Welsh young players coming through. THey wwere on bread and water rations for years.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Giggs on 18:51 - Feb 26 with 2524 viewspencoedjack

Giggs on 18:09 - Feb 26 by ReslovenSwan1

If I was a FAW big shot I would be expecting Giggs to approach me and offer to take unpaid leave until the matter is concluded. He will be on decent money and must be a multi millionaire. The FAW has responsibilities to Welsh young players coming through. THey wwere on bread and water rations for years.

I don’t think Giggs has any morals fella.
Giggs on 18:54 - Feb 26 with 2523 viewsshingle

Guilty or not of this offence the guy is a sleaze merchant of the highest order, also as he had no interest in playing for his country and no success at management, before he was appointed, why they want someone like him in charge of the national team is odd to say the least.
Giggs on 19:08 - Feb 26 with 2510 viewsChief

Giggs on 18:54 - Feb 26 by shingle

Guilty or not of this offence the guy is a sleaze merchant of the highest order, also as he had no interest in playing for his country and no success at management, before he was appointed, why they want someone like him in charge of the national team is odd to say the least.

Probably because he's proven to be a very decent manager of the team. Not many Wales manager's have got European championship qualification on their CV.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Giggs on 19:11 - Feb 26 with 2506 viewsChief

I wonder what's taking the CPS so long. Not like its the type of case where more evidence is likely to come to light.

Giggs on 19:33 - Feb 26 with 2478 viewsKeithHaynes

Giggs on 19:11 - Feb 26 by Chief

I wonder what's taking the CPS so long. Not like its the type of case where more evidence is likely to come to light.

It’s high profile, plus a domestic abuse issue, phones need reviewing and evidencing, social media, witnesses to threats or otherwise, previous unreported issues that people know about, evidence of previous bad character, obviously remarks made by both Giggs and his mrs require collaboration, that’s just off the top of my foggy head 😉

Login to get fewer ads

Giggs on 19:39 - Feb 26 with 2470 viewsChief

Giggs on 19:33 - Feb 26 by KeithHaynes

It’s high profile, plus a domestic abuse issue, phones need reviewing and evidencing, social media, witnesses to threats or otherwise, previous unreported issues that people know about, evidence of previous bad character, obviously remarks made by both Giggs and his mrs require collaboration, that’s just off the top of my foggy head 😉

Yea all standard stuff in this (on the surface) fairly standard case involving just 2 (as far as we know) individuals.

Giggs on 19:43 - Feb 26 with 2466 viewsKeithHaynes

Giggs on 19:39 - Feb 26 by Chief

Yea all standard stuff in this (on the surface) fairly standard case involving just 2 (as far as we know) individuals.

Every detail has to be checked, if it was just one on one it would be as easy as you state. Maybe.
Duty of care is also something that is absolutely critical.
If Giggs gets his bail cancelled he will be more than happy to wait an extra three months.

Giggs on 19:46 - Feb 26 with 2464 viewsChief

Giggs on 19:43 - Feb 26 by KeithHaynes

Every detail has to be checked, if it was just one on one it would be as easy as you state. Maybe.
Duty of care is also something that is absolutely critical.
If Giggs gets his bail cancelled he will be more than happy to wait an extra three months.

Yea well I'd hope that every detail needs to be checked in every case. But decisions in other cases i don't think take this long do they?

Giggs on 09:03 - Feb 27 with 2288 viewsWhiterockin

Giggs on 19:46 - Feb 26 by Chief

Yea well I'd hope that every detail needs to be checked in every case. But decisions in other cases i don't think take this long do they?

Possibly people from the past have come forward and they are just building a case.
Giggs on 09:24 - Feb 27 with 2257 viewsCatullus

Giggs on 19:08 - Feb 26 by Chief

Probably because he's proven to be a very decent manager of the team. Not many Wales manager's have got European championship qualification on their CV.

He didn't have that when they gave him the job though. Plenty of fans didn't seem to want him.
I think he's a sleaze too but is it right or fair that this is played out in public. Shouldn't he have anonymity until he's charged?

If he's not charged now, this will still hang over him. I guess that's part of the price of fame.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Giggs on 11:07 - Feb 27 with 2213 viewsChief

Giggs on 09:24 - Feb 27 by Catullus

He didn't have that when they gave him the job though. Plenty of fans didn't seem to want him.
I think he's a sleaze too but is it right or fair that this is played out in public. Shouldn't he have anonymity until he's charged?

If he's not charged now, this will still hang over him. I guess that's part of the price of fame.

Yea agreed, he wasn't my choice to have the job either, due to his previous nonchalance to the national team and his inexperience.

However, he has done an excellent job since taking over and that's why the FAW are still keeping patience with him now at present day and want him as manager.

How long they should stick by him now I'm not sure because this will surely start affecting the team with crucial qualifiers&euros upcoming but if he's eventually found not guilty they'll be accused of not sticking by him&maybe open to wrongful dismissal claims.

This alleged offence was months ago now&he hasn't technically been given formally the chance to clear his name yet, the delay is no fault of his own, but could inflict on the team. Tough decisions for the FAW to make soon.

Giggs on 11:13 - Feb 27 with 2205 viewsKeithHaynes

Giggs on 19:46 - Feb 26 by Chief

From memory there is / was some guidance on time limits but Six months isn’t massively long.

Giggs on 18:57 - Mar 1 with 2059 viewsshingle

Giggs on 19:08 - Feb 26 by Chief

Come on now Coleman took them to the semi finals and we all know his management credentials he`s crap end of, the reason Wales have qualified for the last two Euro`s is because they have a decent squad of players and a world class gem in Bale, also countries are now given a better chance to qualify as well than in the past, its very doubtful that Giggs is the reason they qualified.
Giggs on 20:38 - Mar 1 with 2018 viewsmajorraglan

Giggs on 11:13 - Feb 27 by KeithHaynes

From memory there is / was some guidance on time limits but Six months isn’t massively long.

Think your right. They changed the law back in 2017, the police can authorise 28 days plus 2 months on top via a senior officer then it goes to the Court who make a decision. That said, if the case papers are with the CPS the clock is stopped. Pretty sure I read this was with the CPS pending a reply. Bit surprised it’s taken this long for a decision
Giggs on 22:04 - Mar 1 with 1986 viewsChief

Giggs on 18:57 - Mar 1 by shingle

Come on now Coleman took them to the semi finals and we all know his management credentials he`s crap end of, the reason Wales have qualified for the last two Euro`s is because they have a decent squad of players and a world class gem in Bale, also countries are now given a better chance to qualify as well than in the past, its very doubtful that Giggs is the reason they qualified.

Hes the manager when it happened and he picked the players and set up the side that got the results. No need to look for reasons not to give him the credit he deserves.

Giggs on 18:48 - Mar 2 with 1872 viewsshingle

Giggs on 22:04 - Mar 1 by Chief

Hes the manager when it happened and he picked the players and set up the side that got the results. No need to look for reasons not to give him the credit he deserves.

Yep and Bob Bradley picked the team and set up the side that beat Palace does that make him a good manager lets stop being silly now there`s a good chap.
Giggs on 18:55 - Mar 2 with 1867 viewsChief

Giggs on 18:48 - Mar 2 by shingle

Yep and Bob Bradley picked the team and set up the side that beat Palace does that make him a good manager lets stop being silly now there`s a good chap.

Why are singling out just 1 game to pass judgement on Bradley? That's what seems silly to me.

Giggs has achieved success over the course of a whole qualification campaign and a nations league campaign.

Best to take a wider range if you're going to make such comparison good chap.

Giggs on 18:54 - Mar 3 with 1765 viewsshingle

Giggs on 18:55 - Mar 2 by Chief

Why are singling out just 1 game to pass judgement on Bradley? That's what seems silly to me.

Giggs has achieved success over the course of a whole qualification campaign and a nations league campaign.

Best to take a wider range if you're going to make such comparison good chap.

You just can not grasp the situation can you, the success was because of the quality of players at his disposal ,how many managers have walked in to teams with great players had success then failed dismally when they go else where and start from scratch, take out Bale and the odds of qualifying would have been drastically reduced in both Euros, most can see that Coleman and Giggs are not up to much as a managers, but then we have a few like yourself who have great difficulty in seeing the bigger picture.
Giggs on 19:05 - Mar 3 with 1758 viewsChief

Giggs on 18:54 - Mar 3 by shingle

You just can not grasp the situation can you, the success was because of the quality of players at his disposal ,how many managers have walked in to teams with great players had success then failed dismally when they go else where and start from scratch, take out Bale and the odds of qualifying would have been drastically reduced in both Euros, most can see that Coleman and Giggs are not up to much as a managers, but then we have a few like yourself who have great difficulty in seeing the bigger picture.

The bigger picture is whatever you think of Giggs & Coleman as managers, while in charge of Wales they both achieved success. That is the reality of the situation and its really not difficult to grasp. There's no obvious reason why neither shouldn't get credit for their time in charge of Wales.

What you fail to grasp is that they have had success, you seen rather confused by it all. Not sure why you feel the need to search for hypotheticals to try and discredit them. Very strange.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2021 19:08]

Giggs on 18:52 - Mar 4 with 1660 viewsshingle

Giggs on 19:05 - Mar 3 by Chief

The bigger picture is whatever you think of Giggs & Coleman as managers, while in charge of Wales they both achieved success. That is the reality of the situation and its really not difficult to grasp. There's no obvious reason why neither shouldn't get credit for their time in charge of Wales.

What you fail to grasp is that they have had success, you seen rather confused by it all. Not sure why you feel the need to search for hypotheticals to try and discredit them. Very strange.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2021 19:08]

Neither should get credit because everybody can see except a few dimwits yourself included that they are poor managers who just happened to be in charge of a decent team and of course Bale and an easier qualifying process then in the past, and you say i`m confused, what a totally clueless bloke you are, as i say your totally unable to grasp what is being explained to you.
Giggs on 19:23 - Mar 4 with 1647 viewsChief

Giggs on 18:52 - Mar 4 by shingle

Neither should get credit because everybody can see except a few dimwits yourself included that they are poor managers who just happened to be in charge of a decent team and of course Bale and an easier qualifying process then in the past, and you say i`m confused, what a totally clueless bloke you are, as i say your totally unable to grasp what is being explained to you.

Haha I'm clueless because I've said Giggs and Coleman have done a good job managing Wales?

Is this a wind up!!??

Giggs on 23:29 - Mar 4 with 1599 viewsReslovenSwan1

Giggs on 18:48 - Mar 2 by shingle

Bob Bradley actually has a very impressive resume. He did not do well at Swansea but his carreer has been a sucessful one overall.

Wise sage since Toshack era

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024