Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread THE COLIN CONCLUSION 00:09 - Mar 4 with 15595 viewsNotLoyal

It’s another old head coming to the Liberty, Wacky Warnock, AKA Colin is on his way on his toy train and squeaky horn.

Swansea City v Middlesbrough
Saturday 6th March 2021
Liberty Stadium
Kick Off 3pm

Match Officials
GAVIN WARD
Adam Crysell and Matthew Jones
Fourth Official : Trevor Kettle

Fourth official Trevor Kettle is looking forward to meeting up with his old pal Alan Curtis, sometimes they laugh so much about Alan knowing where the kettle is they soil themselves and have to wash their hands. Alan of course is an MBE. ( Malted Biscuits Everytime )

LIVE ON SWANS TV & iFollow
AND

Middlesbrough blow hot and cold, it’s because they are from the north ish. There will be a full Friday round up and more tears from the clown to come.

Middlesbrough have a manager called Neil Warnock, Neil lives in Cornwall, which is not too far away from Middlesbrough. Neil has lived in Cornwall since before now, he recently lived there a lot due to the fact there wasn’t any football. But then, he didn’t have much football to do either, he was like a boat without a rudder, a car without a wheel, a biscuit without the chocolate. In fact he was like a man without a penis. Neil has a big penis, he waves it about a lot. On Thursdays he waves it about and on Saturday mornings. He calls his penis ‘ My elastic lasso’ Neil flys his own plane from Cornwall to Middlesbrough for training sessions, be bought it off John Travolta on a summer night. Bruce Dickinson taught him to fly last year in the lockdown. Apart from that Neil is pretty normal, although most of the time he isn’t. We like Neil. Be like Neil.

This is Neil’s favourite lasso penis swinger

Middlesbrough used to pass the ball to each other, now they don’t. Here is a brief history of the club. Neil Warnock has just signed a penis extension, we would like to congratulate him for that. In 1801, Middlesbrough was a small farm with a population of just 25; during the latter half of the 19th century, it experienced rapid growth. Like Neil’s penis. A Welsh community was established in Middlesbrough sometime before the 1840s, with mining being the main form of employment. Wales loves a mine. This Welsh population grew rapidly after 1841 when John Vaughan established the first ironworks on Teesside (The Vulcan Works) at Middlesbrough. Vaughan had worked his way up through the industry at the Dowlais Ironworks in south Wales and encouraged hundreds of the skilled Welsh workers to follow him to Teesside. These migrants ( migrants ? ) included three figures who would became important leaders in the commercial, political and cultural life of the town: If Middlesbrough had not done this they would still only have twenty five people living there.

Welsh miners in Teeside yesterday

Past games
Middlesbrough somehow won the last encounter at their place 2-1. It was in December. A memorable game was an FA Cup replay on the 17th January 1995, Swansea won 2-1 at then Ayresome Park. Oddly enough Linkin Park played Newcastle that night, but it wasn’t a game of football. The first game was in 1925 Swansea won 4-0 in a division two game. In 1926 Boro beat Swansea 7-1 which tells you there’s been a few goals about in this fixture, a cursory glance reveals more than twice the average goals have been scored for this amount of games. When the swans were going for promotion to the premier league in 2011 they won 3-4 at Middlesbrough and Craig Beattie scored, he ran and ran and ran when he scored, and was never seen again. Then manager Paulo Sousa said ‘ Ive never seen him run before, and anyway I don’t sign players’

The last picture ever taken of Craig Beattie running. He had never run anywhere before. Even Mark from ‘the’ Gower couldn’t catch him

Swans Record v Boro
Games won: 18
Games drawn: 11
Games lost: 20

They played for both sides
This is a topical preview most football programmes carry in their content.

They didn’t play for both sides

Paul Gascoinge in Facestretcher sorry, Pounstretcher last week

Stats are the future, and also include the last, that’s why we have stats on here for you to analyse and be happy about.

Digi programme for today’s game.

https://issuu.com/swanseacityafc/docs/swans-20-21-middlesbrough-digital-programm

Neil Warnock’s view on coming back to South Wales 6th Mar 2021 11:51
He’s not the most popular manager to bring a team to the Liberty this season, well, until ‘that fixture’ returns in a few weeks. Today Neil Warnock brings a resurgent Middlesbrough side to Swansea looking to attack, get as much out of the game as possible, and as we all know - by any means necessary. 0

Team News To Follow

And here it is.

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Connor Roberts, Kyle Naughton, Ben Cabango, Marc Guehi, Ryan Manning; Korey Smith, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Conor Hourihane; Andre Ayew.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Joel Latibeaudiere, Ryan Bennett, Jake Bidwell, Jamal Lowe, Yan Dhanda, Ollie Cooper, Morgan Whittaker, Paul Arriola.

Middlesbrough: Marcus Bettinelli, Anfernee Dijksteel, Grant Hall, Sam Morsy, Dael Fry, Yannick Bolasie, Jonny Howson (captain), Paddy McNair, Duncan Watmore, George Saville, Marc Bola.

Substitutes: Jordan Archer, Chuba Akpom, Marvin Johnson, Djed Spence, Neeskens Kebano, Darnell Fisher, Nathaniel Mendez-Laing.

Referee: Gavin Ward

And here it was

Swansea sneak it again in a replay of Wednesday night : Warnock’s tactics backfire 6th Mar 2021 19:17
Just how this game ended in a swans win is totally beyond any comprehension as referee Gavin Ward awarded a last minute injury time penalty to Swansea in a replay of Wednesday nights win at Stoke. Neil Warnock shouting and running around like a spoilt man child at the end was the icing on the cake as Cooper’s side won a game they were possibly lucky at one time to earn a point from. However, it’s persistence, even when the team is as poor as it was again today which seems to be the winning formula. 2

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread FRIDAY FRIDAY ! on 22:48 - Mar 5 with 1387 viewsDJack

That article was pure Colin. It made me chuckle, especially as i could almost hear his voice.

As already mentioned put Hourihan supporting Ayew with the MF 3 being Fulton, Smith and Grimes.

3-1 or 3-2.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread FRIDAY FRIDAY ! on 23:01 - Mar 5 with 1359 viewspencoedjack

Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread FRIDAY FRIDAY ! on 22:34 - Mar 5 by Fireboy2

It was no coincidence that having hourihane playing as a no 10 on weds meant that we played better which led to us creating chances ending up with the penalty, he did what lowe couldn't do, hold the ball up in the final third, him doing that meant the likes of fulton, smith and grimes could push on, I expect to see the 11 that finished weds starting, manning was very good considering he's hardly played and deserves to keep his place, lowe needs a rest and as has been mentioned earlier he could be the super sub to terrorise the tiring boro defence.

In fairness Bryn has been calling it for weeks.
Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread FRIDAY FRIDAY ! on 23:08 - Mar 5 with 1353 viewsAndyCole

With Manning, CH and Grimes, 3-1-4-1-1 . CH behind Ayew.

Grimes bosses from deep, Smith dogs, Fulton dogs and links, RM and CR wreak havoc up, down, inside, outside.

CH bosses from high, shapes the front-half. Talisman Ayew finishes, leads the line, leads our high defence, along with CH who has some celtic bite despite what some detractors say. Our very own celtic Hoddle, with the bit between his teeth right now.

Add finishers Lowe and Whitaker who work their socks off to underpin our resilient, driving confidence in securing a win. Which is our biggest edge over most teams in this league and the biggest edge we have had under any manager in quite some time. Our belief and self confidence is unrivalled.

A devastating line up and Wily Warnock will be cacking himself when he reads this.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread FRIDAY FRIDAY ! on 23:17 - Mar 5 with 1350 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread FRIDAY FRIDAY ! on 23:08 - Mar 5 by AndyCole

With Manning, CH and Grimes, 3-1-4-1-1 . CH behind Ayew.

Grimes bosses from deep, Smith dogs, Fulton dogs and links, RM and CR wreak havoc up, down, inside, outside.

CH bosses from high, shapes the front-half. Talisman Ayew finishes, leads the line, leads our high defence, along with CH who has some celtic bite despite what some detractors say. Our very own celtic Hoddle, with the bit between his teeth right now.

Add finishers Lowe and Whitaker who work their socks off to underpin our resilient, driving confidence in securing a win. Which is our biggest edge over most teams in this league and the biggest edge we have had under any manager in quite some time. Our belief and self confidence is unrivalled.

A devastating line up and Wily Warnock will be cacking himself when he reads this.

You post some decent stuff when you arent moaning about people moaning 😉
Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread FRIDAY FRIDAY ! on 23:30 - Mar 5 with 1333 viewspencoedjack

2 1 Swans 👍
Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread FRIDAY FRIDAY ! on 01:07 - Mar 6 with 1310 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread FRIDAY FRIDAY ! on 21:42 - Mar 5 by LittleEnglandJack

I'd like to see Hourihane play in front of Smith-Grimes-Fulton too. It's obvious that most of our goals come from wide through our wings-backs, and by packing the midfield we should be able to control that area of the pitch better and get our wing-backs into more advanced positions. It also allows us to get Hourihane onto the pitch, who is, despite his faults, unquestionably our most dangerous player in terms of goal contributions in the last month or so.

Manning absolutely has to start too. More than deserves it after his excellent performance in the week, and frankly I just think he's a better attacking option than Bidwell. I know Bidwell has been useful going forward this season but he's not the most technically gifted or 'natural' player in attacking positions.

Apart from supplying most of our assists with excellent crosses? I know Mannings ball in for Roberts was a beauty but let’s not rewrite history eh?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread FRIDAY FRIDAY ! on 03:33 - Mar 6 with 1286 viewsLittleEnglandJack

Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread FRIDAY FRIDAY ! on 01:07 - Mar 6 by Brynmill_Jack

Apart from supplying most of our assists with excellent crosses? I know Mannings ball in for Roberts was a beauty but let’s not rewrite history eh?

Like I said, I know Bidwell has got a few goals/assists this year but I don't think he's the most natural attacking player. Afterall, he was a fairly 'steady eddy' (by QPR accounts) left-back that we've more or less converted into a wing back. Manning on the other hand has played a lot of games in midfield in his career so it's perhaps understandable that he is a more technical, attacking type player. Has Bidwell ever looked as dangerous from shots as Manning did on Wednesday night?

There's also no way round the fact Bidwell's been pretty poor for a while now. Manning has to start IMO.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2021 3:44]
Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread FRIDAY FRIDAY ! on 05:50 - Mar 6 with 1273 viewsSwans9

Who crossed for Conner goal v Coventry. I think Bidwell has had a good season and he always gives 100 per cent. It always healthy to have 2 players competing for the same position.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread FRIDAY FRIDAY ! on 09:00 - Mar 6 with 1234 viewsswancity

Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread FRIDAY FRIDAY ! on 03:33 - Mar 6 by LittleEnglandJack

Like I said, I know Bidwell has got a few goals/assists this year but I don't think he's the most natural attacking player. Afterall, he was a fairly 'steady eddy' (by QPR accounts) left-back that we've more or less converted into a wing back. Manning on the other hand has played a lot of games in midfield in his career so it's perhaps understandable that he is a more technical, attacking type player. Has Bidwell ever looked as dangerous from shots as Manning did on Wednesday night?

There's also no way round the fact Bidwell's been pretty poor for a while now. Manning has to start IMO.

Agree with you on Manning but you’re completely underestimating the contribution Bidwell has made this season. I think it’s 7 assists and his defensive work has been very good too although he’s not been at his best recently. Bidwell has been very consistent to be fair adapting really well to that LWB slot. Both good players, you could toss a coin today as they both deserve to start..

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread FRIDAY FRIDAY ! on 10:03 - Mar 6 with 1192 viewsonehunglow

Just be prepared for a wholecale assault form Warnock s chaps.
No matter who Steve puts out,we have to front up and not give away goals .

We can win this

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread FRIDAY FRIDAY ! on 10:34 - Mar 6 with 1180 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread FRIDAY FRIDAY ! on 09:00 - Mar 6 by swancity

Agree with you on Manning but you’re completely underestimating the contribution Bidwell has made this season. I think it’s 7 assists and his defensive work has been very good too although he’s not been at his best recently. Bidwell has been very consistent to be fair adapting really well to that LWB slot. Both good players, you could toss a coin today as they both deserve to start..

It could be argued that during games Manning could be brought on as a midfielder with the prime objective of creating dangerous overloads with Bidwell on the left side. Lucky to have both your right but Bidwell has a hardness about him that gives him that fraction of an edge especially whilst defending corners etc etc .

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread FRIDAY FRIDAY ! on 11:16 - Mar 6 with 1151 viewsploppy

Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread FRIDAY FRIDAY ! on 05:50 - Mar 6 by Swans9

Who crossed for Conner goal v Coventry. I think Bidwell has had a good season and he always gives 100 per cent. It always healthy to have 2 players competing for the same position.

Connor didn't score v Coventry. Cabango did. Connor scored v Forest - cross by Bidwell.
Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 12:03 - Mar 6 with 1111 viewsKeithHaynes

Latest views from our favourite mouth.

Neil Warnock’s view on coming back to South Wales 6th Mar 2021 11:51
He’s not the most popular manager to bring a team to the Liberty this season, well, until ‘that fixture’ returns in a few weeks. Today Neil Warnock brings a resurgent Middlesbrough side to Swansea looking to attack, get as much out of the game as possible, and as we all know - by any means necessary. 0

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread FRIDAY FRIDAY ! on 13:13 - Mar 6 with 1071 viewsBadlands

Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread FRIDAY FRIDAY ! on 03:33 - Mar 6 by LittleEnglandJack

Bidwell is a dreadful fullback, wingback suits him far better.
What is noticeable is Naughton, Roberts, Ayew combination on the right is starting to play triangles to gain space .. almost like watching Rangel, Leon and Routs.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 14:00 - Mar 6 with 1020 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Connor Roberts, Kyle Naughton, Ben Cabango, Marc Guehi, Ryan Manning; Korey Smith, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Conor Hourihane; Andre Ayew.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Joel Latibeaudiere, Ryan Bennett, Jake Bidwell, Jamal Lowe, Yan Dhanda, Ollie Cooper, Morgan Whittaker, Paul Arriola.

Middlesbrough: Marcus Bettinelli, Anfernee Dijksteel, Grant Hall, Sam Morsy, Dael Fry, Yannick Bolasie, Jonny Howson (captain), Paddy McNair, Duncan Watmore, George Saville, Marc Bola.

Substitutes: Jordan Archer, Chuba Akpom, Marvin Johnson, Djed Spence, Neeskens Kebano, Darnell Fisher, Nathaniel Mendez-Laing.

Referee: Gavin Ward

Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread FRIDAY FRIDAY ! on 14:01 - Mar 6 with 1020 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread FRIDAY FRIDAY ! on 22:34 - Mar 5 by Fireboy2

It was no coincidence that having hourihane playing as a no 10 on weds meant that we played better which led to us creating chances ending up with the penalty, he did what lowe couldn't do, hold the ball up in the final third, him doing that meant the likes of fulton, smith and grimes could push on, I expect to see the 11 that finished weds starting, manning was very good considering he's hardly played and deserves to keep his place, lowe needs a rest and as has been mentioned earlier he could be the super sub to terrorise the tiring boro defence.

Cooper has gone that that today.

Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 14:08 - Mar 6 with 997 views34dfgdf54

Lot been asking for this diamond we are using today and it worked well on Wednesday, my worry is the lack of pace but we will soon see! Should work very well with two wing backs flying forward though.

Come on you swans!!
Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 14:10 - Mar 6 with 996 viewsJohnw102

I like that team and a good strong bench for plan B if we need it. 2 - 0

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 14:17 - Mar 6 with 969 viewsNotLoyal

Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 14:10 - Mar 6 by Johnw102

I like that team and a good strong bench for plan B if we need it. 2 - 0

Yes, as predicted on here around 3 weeks ago 👍

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread FRIDAY FRIDAY ! on 14:18 - Mar 6 with 969 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread FRIDAY FRIDAY ! on 14:01 - Mar 6 by KeithHaynes

Cooper has gone that that today.

Aye good to see K, let's hope we can play as we did with that team.
Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread FRIDAY FRIDAY ! on 14:46 - Mar 6 with 877 viewsbuilthjack

Did you pick today's team?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 14:48 - Mar 6 with 867 viewsKeithHaynes

Genuinely think this is our best eleven at the moment.
Looks like the weather in Swansea is half decent too.

Surprised to see Bennett back, but it’s a big plus.

Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 15:01 - Mar 6 with 835 viewsnantywatcher

Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 14:48 - Mar 6 by KeithHaynes

Genuinely think this is our best eleven at the moment.
Looks like the weather in Swansea is half decent too.

Surprised to see Bennett back, but it’s a big plus.

Not convinced about that -love to be proved wrong
Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 15:15 - Mar 6 with 797 views34dfgdf54

Boost for us if this lad needs to go off
Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 15:16 - Mar 6 with 793 viewsHighjack

Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 15:15 - Mar 6 by 34dfgdf54

Boost for us if this lad needs to go off

He’s a right diving bastard.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024