Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread THE COLIN CONCLUSION 00:09 - Mar 4 with 15594 viewsNotLoyal

It’s another old head coming to the Liberty, Wacky Warnock, AKA Colin is on his way on his toy train and squeaky horn.

Swansea City v Middlesbrough
Saturday 6th March 2021
Liberty Stadium
Kick Off 3pm

Match Officials
GAVIN WARD
Adam Crysell and Matthew Jones
Fourth Official : Trevor Kettle

Fourth official Trevor Kettle is looking forward to meeting up with his old pal Alan Curtis, sometimes they laugh so much about Alan knowing where the kettle is they soil themselves and have to wash their hands. Alan of course is an MBE. ( Malted Biscuits Everytime )

LIVE ON SWANS TV & iFollow
AND

Middlesbrough blow hot and cold, it’s because they are from the north ish. There will be a full Friday round up and more tears from the clown to come.

Middlesbrough have a manager called Neil Warnock, Neil lives in Cornwall, which is not too far away from Middlesbrough. Neil has lived in Cornwall since before now, he recently lived there a lot due to the fact there wasn’t any football. But then, he didn’t have much football to do either, he was like a boat without a rudder, a car without a wheel, a biscuit without the chocolate. In fact he was like a man without a penis. Neil has a big penis, he waves it about a lot. On Thursdays he waves it about and on Saturday mornings. He calls his penis ‘ My elastic lasso’ Neil flys his own plane from Cornwall to Middlesbrough for training sessions, be bought it off John Travolta on a summer night. Bruce Dickinson taught him to fly last year in the lockdown. Apart from that Neil is pretty normal, although most of the time he isn’t. We like Neil. Be like Neil.

This is Neil’s favourite lasso penis swinger

Middlesbrough used to pass the ball to each other, now they don’t. Here is a brief history of the club. Neil Warnock has just signed a penis extension, we would like to congratulate him for that. In 1801, Middlesbrough was a small farm with a population of just 25; during the latter half of the 19th century, it experienced rapid growth. Like Neil’s penis. A Welsh community was established in Middlesbrough sometime before the 1840s, with mining being the main form of employment. Wales loves a mine. This Welsh population grew rapidly after 1841 when John Vaughan established the first ironworks on Teesside (The Vulcan Works) at Middlesbrough. Vaughan had worked his way up through the industry at the Dowlais Ironworks in south Wales and encouraged hundreds of the skilled Welsh workers to follow him to Teesside. These migrants ( migrants ? ) included three figures who would became important leaders in the commercial, political and cultural life of the town: If Middlesbrough had not done this they would still only have twenty five people living there.

Welsh miners in Teeside yesterday

Past games
Middlesbrough somehow won the last encounter at their place 2-1. It was in December. A memorable game was an FA Cup replay on the 17th January 1995, Swansea won 2-1 at then Ayresome Park. Oddly enough Linkin Park played Newcastle that night, but it wasn’t a game of football. The first game was in 1925 Swansea won 4-0 in a division two game. In 1926 Boro beat Swansea 7-1 which tells you there’s been a few goals about in this fixture, a cursory glance reveals more than twice the average goals have been scored for this amount of games. When the swans were going for promotion to the premier league in 2011 they won 3-4 at Middlesbrough and Craig Beattie scored, he ran and ran and ran when he scored, and was never seen again. Then manager Paulo Sousa said ‘ Ive never seen him run before, and anyway I don’t sign players’

The last picture ever taken of Craig Beattie running. He had never run anywhere before. Even Mark from ‘the’ Gower couldn’t catch him

Swans Record v Boro
Games won: 18
Games drawn: 11
Games lost: 20

They played for both sides
This is a topical preview most football programmes carry in their content.

They didn’t play for both sides

Paul Gascoinge in Facestretcher sorry, Pounstretcher last week

Stats are the future, and also include the last, that’s why we have stats on here for you to analyse and be happy about.

Digi programme for today’s game.

https://issuu.com/swanseacityafc/docs/swans-20-21-middlesbrough-digital-programm

Neil Warnock’s view on coming back to South Wales 6th Mar 2021 11:51
He’s not the most popular manager to bring a team to the Liberty this season, well, until ‘that fixture’ returns in a few weeks. Today Neil Warnock brings a resurgent Middlesbrough side to Swansea looking to attack, get as much out of the game as possible, and as we all know - by any means necessary. 0

Team News To Follow

And here it is.

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Connor Roberts, Kyle Naughton, Ben Cabango, Marc Guehi, Ryan Manning; Korey Smith, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Conor Hourihane; Andre Ayew.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Joel Latibeaudiere, Ryan Bennett, Jake Bidwell, Jamal Lowe, Yan Dhanda, Ollie Cooper, Morgan Whittaker, Paul Arriola.

Middlesbrough: Marcus Bettinelli, Anfernee Dijksteel, Grant Hall, Sam Morsy, Dael Fry, Yannick Bolasie, Jonny Howson (captain), Paddy McNair, Duncan Watmore, George Saville, Marc Bola.

Substitutes: Jordan Archer, Chuba Akpom, Marvin Johnson, Djed Spence, Neeskens Kebano, Darnell Fisher, Nathaniel Mendez-Laing.

Referee: Gavin Ward

And here it was

Swansea sneak it again in a replay of Wednesday night : Warnock’s tactics backfire 6th Mar 2021 19:17
Just how this game ended in a swans win is totally beyond any comprehension as referee Gavin Ward awarded a last minute injury time penalty to Swansea in a replay of Wednesday nights win at Stoke. Neil Warnock shouting and running around like a spoilt man child at the end was the icing on the cake as Cooper’s side won a game they were possibly lucky at one time to earn a point from. However, it’s persistence, even when the team is as poor as it was again today which seems to be the winning formula. 2

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 16:55 - Mar 6 with 1152 viewsDJack

Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 16:55 - Mar 6 by 34dfgdf54

No words needed.

Anyone with a brain cell knows what happened today.

Can't wait for AndyColes dissection of the game...

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 16:56 - Mar 6 with 1144 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 16:54 - Mar 6 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

They recovered possession for that goal after Hourihane volleys the ball out of play with a 30 hard cross field volley to absolutely no one with nobody around him.

I'll say it again - we are a poorer team when Hourihane plays. He's absolutely appalling.

Gotta be careful critising players

We have been not that good for how long?

Goalkeeper again motionless

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 16:56 - Mar 6 with 1145 viewsnantywatcher

Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 16:54 - Mar 6 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

They recovered possession for that goal after Hourihane volleys the ball out of play with a 30 hard cross field volley to absolutely no one with nobody around him.

I'll say it again - we are a poorer team when Hourihane plays. He's absolutely appalling.

100% right. their goal nicely set up by CH
Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 16:56 - Mar 6 with 1139 viewsGeoffThom

That's been coming all game boro better side cooper royally fecked up with no outlet
Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 16:57 - Mar 6 with 1124 viewsTenbySwan

Woodman living up to his name.

Really should have done better
Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 16:57 - Mar 6 with 1123 viewsA_Fans_Dad

We deserved that playing for time instead of outright attacks.
Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 16:57 - Mar 6 with 1120 viewsjasper_T

Love big Gav Ward, me.
Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 16:59 - Mar 6 with 1089 viewsHighjack

Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 16:55 - Mar 6 by Catullus

You want some positivity HJ....Boro deserved that.

I’m very positive right now.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 16:59 - Mar 6 with 1088 viewsTenbySwan

Take that Colin!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
[Post edited 6 Mar 2021 17:04]
Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 16:59 - Mar 6 with 1082 views34dfgdf54

Wow!!!
Sh*thousing everyone
Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 17:00 - Mar 6 with 1064 viewsTreforys_Jack

Unbelievable
Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 17:01 - Mar 6 with 1033 views34dfgdf54

Cooper awful again I’m sorry but him laughing at Warnock then was brilliant 😂😂😂
Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 17:01 - Mar 6 with 1032 viewsDJack

Overall, undeserved but I'll happily take it.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 17:02 - Mar 6 with 1029 viewstrampie

A.Ayew again from the spot with a last gasp penalty.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 17:02 - Mar 6 with 1011 viewsLittleEnglandJack

2 last minute penalties in 2 games is quite handy. Can we have this ref every week? He's given a few our way today.

Nice to see Colin spewing mind, never ceases to put a grin on my face.
Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 17:03 - Mar 6 with 999 viewsbuilthjack

Great sub bringing Bidwell on. Well done Coops.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 17:04 - Mar 6 with 969 viewsonehunglow

Sorry but we didnt deserve that.We know that.
We are way too defensive and have a keeper that will not take control and today another shot stroked past him motionless.

Our penalty WAS one and Warnock is a disgrace-if I can say that without offending anyone.

Why should officials have to back pedal from this man. Pesonally,I d wait and chin him.

Amazing 3 points but my God ,we are horrible to watch

As for Hourihane

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 17:04 - Mar 6 with 954 viewsmax936

That was unbelievable, we struggled all through that 2nd half, Borough deserved to equalise, unbelievable to have won that right at end and again from a penalty.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2021 17:06]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 17:05 - Mar 6 with 961 viewsCatullus

Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 16:59 - Mar 6 by Highjack

I’m very positive right now.

We got out of jail. We hardly deserve it though. It was only Bidwells desire that got it for us.

The biggest positive is that we somehow won a game were largely rubbish for most of. Ayew again kept his composure.

Oh another one, Warnock will be severely pee'd off with that and won;t stop moaning all week..

I wonder if he thinks that penalty call was embarrassing? Maybe we'll find out in a minute.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 17:05 - Mar 6 with 960 viewsSheffieldjack

Six points from Stoke away and Middlesborough home - two last gasp penalties. I'm starting to believe....
Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 17:05 - Mar 6 with 943 viewsThornburyswan

Wow just wow! How cool is Ayew with those penalties.
Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 17:05 - Mar 6 with 939 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Napoleon would have loved Steve Cooper as a general.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 17:05 - Mar 6 with 940 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 17:05 - Mar 6 by Sheffieldjack

Six points from Stoke away and Middlesborough home - two last gasp penalties. I'm starting to believe....

Neil looks upset

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 17:05 - Mar 6 with 938 viewsraynor94

Don't you just love a matchday thread.

COME ON MY LOVELY BOYS

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea City v Middlesbrough: Matchday Thread GAME DAY ! on 17:07 - Mar 6 with 907 viewsHighjack

Colin’s interview will be the comedy moment of the year.

It was an absolute stonewall penalty though.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024