Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? 20:54 - Apr 6 with 16016 viewsKeithHaynes

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 12:45 - Apr 7 with 1503 viewsKeithHaynes

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 12:37 - Apr 7 by pencoedjack

I agree with this.

Not sure how much truth was in the England under 21 manager's job rumour but the ideal solution would be he took that so we don't have to pay compensation (which we don't have)

Succession planning for the u21 side would almost certainly include cooper, realistically or not by the English fa. It would be seen as a cop out if he took that job, which I’m pretty sure he could walk in to.

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 13:50 - Apr 7 with 1458 viewsBadlands

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 10:13 - Apr 7 by KeithHaynes

On the face if it, if he gets the swans in to the play offs two seasons in a row he should get a new contract. It’s hard to understand why he shouldn’t. Is this reaction to sacking him really based on the last ten games ?

For me it’s been about his whole time here.
From n early stages... Sept 2019 I could only see him as a very limited manager whose previous success was with kids or young adults who had been coached by others and is very much of the same mould of Monk. Points successful but eventually the bore-fests would drive down standards to a point of no return (or returns in points).
Successful businesses don’t wait to fail before acting, they monitor patterns and plan ahead.
A narrow pattern is league placing as so much depends on other teams. A better assessment is how well we play which can be subjective (fan reaction to months of hoofball) or an objective review of statistics ... how many goals, how many shots, how many chances, points taken from teams to other teams with poor records.
The harsh reality is Cooper has not got the players working to anything like their ability and can not fashion an effective team approach.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 13:55 - Apr 7 with 1437 viewsonehunglow

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 13:50 - Apr 7 by Badlands

From n early stages... Sept 2019 I could only see him as a very limited manager whose previous success was with kids or young adults who had been coached by others and is very much of the same mould of Monk. Points successful but eventually the bore-fests would drive down standards to a point of no return (or returns in points).
Successful businesses don’t wait to fail before acting, they monitor patterns and plan ahead.
A narrow pattern is league placing as so much depends on other teams. A better assessment is how well we play which can be subjective (fan reaction to months of hoofball) or an objective review of statistics ... how many goals, how many shots, how many chances, points taken from teams to other teams with poor records.
The harsh reality is Cooper has not got the players working to anything like their ability and can not fashion an effective team approach.

Play off failures -are just that.Failures albeit one where the pain of disappointment and lost opportunity are delayed.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 14:24 - Apr 7 with 1448 viewsKeithHaynes

GET VOTING 😂😂😂😂

Swansea City succession planning post Steve Cooper is already underway 15th Jun 2021 18:05
If you look at the history of Julian Winter in his football executive roles you will see one phrase ‘succession planning’ The need for a football club to be resourceful in how they manage personnel within the dominant roles of the business, and when to start that procedure. 2

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 15:06 - Apr 7 with 1432 viewsTreforys_Jack

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 13:50 - Apr 7 by Badlands

I agree with most of this, my 2 boys and I were sitting in the stadium last season bored out of minds for long periods, but he was given the benefit of the doubt as he was getting results. Once the results go, then there is very little left, zero excitement, zero entertainment, zero enjoyment.
I would rather be safely in mid table getting entertained and playing our previous passing, exciting brand of football.
I shudder to imagine what he'd be like if we got into the PL, would you trust him with a PL war chest.
What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 15:16 - Apr 7 with 1428 viewsswan65split

We are not a club like Narwich , WBA , or a few others to boomerang back and forth to the Prem, theyve had 2 yrs and football wise weve gone backwards, and result wise we are heading the same way,
What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 15:54 - Apr 7 with 1390 viewsBadlands

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 15:06 - Apr 7 by Treforys_Jack

I agree with most of this, my 2 boys and I were sitting in the stadium last season bored out of minds for long periods, but he was given the benefit of the doubt as he was getting results. Once the results go, then there is very little left, zero excitement, zero entertainment, zero enjoyment.
I would rather be safely in mid table getting entertained and playing our previous passing, exciting brand of football.
I shudder to imagine what he'd be like if we got into the PL, would you trust him with a PL war chest.

I wouldn’t trust him with a PG tea chest.

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 16:48 - Apr 7 with 1374 viewsmonmouth

Ask anyone from Forest if they are glad they gave their bloke time to prove he’d failed and limp out of the playoffs and into the next season. They would all believe the evidence of their own eyes from their performances and bin him, 7 games to go or not, as they weren’t winning the play offs with him anyway.

Forest were there before us, and that’s our possible, I would say probable, path. So as I asked on the other site. Do we feel lucky? Well do we...punks?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 17:14 - Apr 7 with 1363 viewscockneyswan

Very unfair talk about SC, a few weeks ago we were in auto promotion spot and looking good for autos, many things have conspired to wreck that, lack of investment, injuries , virtually no pre season, a crazy amount of fixtures, none of which is down to SC, considering the squad he’s had to work with I think he’s done great, ok disappointing in the last few weeks but be realistic who would come in and do a better job?
What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 17:38 - Apr 7 with 1345 viewsCatullus

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 08:07 - Apr 7 by 34dfgdf54

It's a weird one with Hourihane, he's probably are our most likely source of goals but how do we accommodate him?

Villa fans when we signed him said he is in no way a "10", so what is he? Surely he hasn't got the legs to play as a standard midfield player? In the play off final for Villa he played in a 433 alongside Mcginn and Grealish, I was fully expecting him to perform better with the change of formation but I hardly remember him touching the ball (he wasn't the only one either mind)

When they did touch the ball they usually passed it straight to the oppo anyway!

I voted keep them til the end of the season and then see. There's no point sacking them now, who would we get in? We need to take time to get the next manager right, not rush into anything.

And I'll admit, Cooper could still turn the tide. It seems very unlikely to me but it seems more likley than us finding a new manager in a week and them taking us up.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 18:22 - Apr 7 with 1327 viewsshingle

Get them on a management course for them to learn how to get teams playing nice football, once that is sorted get them a job somewhere managing an under 18 team.
What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 18:39 - Apr 7 with 1316 viewsmonmouth

Obviously they won’t change horses now, whatever anyone thinks, although a bad defeat at Millwall May put the cat amongst the pigeons. Let me say, I really want to see him turn us around, and not forgetting the players, they can’t just blame him for their abject cowardice and inability to take responsibility on the field. That’s what a professional is meant to do.

Lose at Millwall and I would like him off the premises and anything to try and change the trajectory, even KOL for six games (and there’s something I never thought I’d write).

My actual prediction. He’ll be here at the start of next season, unless he’s poached. He will then be sacked before the end of October, promotion or not and new contract or not.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 18:48 - Apr 7 with 1291 viewsonehunglow

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 18:39 - Apr 7 by monmouth

Obviously they won’t change horses now, whatever anyone thinks, although a bad defeat at Millwall May put the cat amongst the pigeons. Let me say, I really want to see him turn us around, and not forgetting the players, they can’t just blame him for their abject cowardice and inability to take responsibility on the field. That’s what a professional is meant to do.

Lose at Millwall and I would like him off the premises and anything to try and change the trajectory, even KOL for six games (and there’s something I never thought I’d write).

My actual prediction. He’ll be here at the start of next season, unless he’s poached. He will then be sacked before the end of October, promotion or not and new contract or not.

Mike.Im with you 100%.

There is something corrosive about the man and like many corrosive leaks,it takes a while to sink in.
Steve has been super lucky and we know it.Some admit it publically,others cannot as they will be seen as disloyal etc.

He needs to get the fark out right now

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 20:10 - Apr 7 with 1272 viewsCatullus

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 14:24 - Apr 7 by KeithHaynes

GET VOTING 😂😂😂😂

Swansea City succession planning post Steve Cooper is already underway 15th Jun 2021 18:05
If you look at the history of Julian Winter in his football executive roles you will see one phrase ‘succession planning’ The need for a football club to be resourceful in how they manage personnel within the dominant roles of the business, and when to start that procedure. 2

Why, is Winter going to base his decision on what we say here?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 20:18 - Apr 7 with 1266 viewsmax936

where's the hung, drawn and quartered in Castle Gardens, option Keith

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 21:08 - Apr 7 with 1248 viewsChief

My prediction:

- If we somehow get promoted, he stays.

- If we reach the play offs but lose, he moves onto another job.

- If we miss out on the play offs, he stays.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 21:51 - Apr 7 with 1222 viewsNotLoyal

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 20:10 - Apr 7 by Catullus

You don't think that do you ?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 22:07 - Apr 7 with 1200 viewsHeadmaster

Sacked at the end of the season, regardless of whether we're promoted. Unless the board want to make the bold move of sacking them now, in which case I'd have no complaints.

It won't happen though. The best we can hope for is the summer.
What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 22:14 - Apr 7 with 1188 viewsBadlands

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 20:10 - Apr 7 by Catullus

I know Pearlman was a regular visitor and Birch was also aware👍

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 23:10 - Apr 7 with 1154 viewsReslovenSwan1

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 06:57 - Apr 7 by Chief

And they answered it announcing to the public that they planned giving him an improved contract. As even the most ardent Americano Resolven just admitted in hindsight that appears to be a mistake.

They could have gone down any route they'd wanted in their answer.

Jason Levien

"We addressed Steve Cooper's contract situation before the season. We are really proud of his appointment as our manager." We'd liked to continue that tradition. We have enjoyed the work with Steve Cooper. We think he has done a terrific job with this group of players.

BBC "You said you addressed Steve Cooper's situation last summer. Does that mean something changed in his contract? He signed a three-year deal when he got the job, so he has a season-and-a-half left. Is that right?

Levien: "That is right. We made some changes, some improvements to it."

Wise sage since Toshack era

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 23:31 - Apr 7 with 1151 viewsChief

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 23:10 - Apr 7 by ReslovenSwan1

Jason Levien

"We addressed Steve Cooper's contract situation before the season. We are really proud of his appointment as our manager." We'd liked to continue that tradition. We have enjoyed the work with Steve Cooper. We think he has done a terrific job with this group of players.

BBC "You said you addressed Steve Cooper's situation last summer. Does that mean something changed in his contract? He signed a three-year deal when he got the job, so he has a season-and-a-half left. Is that right?

Levien: "That is right. We made some changes, some improvements to it."

Thanks

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 00:11 - Apr 8 with 1138 viewsAndyCole

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 22:14 - Apr 7 by Badlands

I know Pearlman was a regular visitor and Birch was also aware👍

They have measures that simply gauge fans' interest. It's a trivial indicator to mainly help quell unrest amongst the typically disaffected types.

The likes of Birch know only too well that fans forums are generally heavily skewed toward tired old supporters that like nothing more than a moan. Just like vast swathes of some of the terraces.

Their real interest lies in growth areas, hence the massive focus on attracting fresh young blood. Which is why Clubs are now looking to actively support the right forums that focus on younger, fresher, brighter support.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 00:23 - Apr 8 with 1136 viewsTreforys_Jack

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 00:11 - Apr 8 by AndyCole

They have measures that simply gauge fans' interest. It's a trivial indicator to mainly help quell unrest amongst the typically disaffected types.

The likes of Birch know only too well that fans forums are generally heavily skewed toward tired old supporters that like nothing more than a moan. Just like vast swathes of some of the terraces.

Their real interest lies in growth areas, hence the massive focus on attracting fresh young blood. Which is why Clubs are now looking to actively support the right forums that focus on younger, fresher, brighter support.

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 07:58 - Apr 8 with 1085 views34dfgdf54

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 23:31 - Apr 7 by Chief

Thanks

So they have made some improvements to his contract, but without extending it.

Sounds a wise move to be honest.
What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 09:47 - Apr 8 with 1011 viewsBadlands

I would imagine the alterations would have been part of his original contract and performance based, e.g. in top 6 for so many weeks, automatic promotion places for so many weeks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024