Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A Thread for the Pessimists. 12:11 - Apr 18 with 1539 viewslifelong

If we lose all of our remaking games, Brentford and Bournemouth win one of theirs, Barnsley win two of theirs and Reading win three and draw one of theirs, we will fail to make the play offs.

Fill your boots.
A Thread for the Pessimists. on 12:13 - Apr 18 with 1217 viewsKeithHaynes

This won’t / will happen 😂

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

A Thread for the Pessimists. on 12:35 - Apr 18 with 1201 viewsReslovenSwan1

A Thread for the Pessimists. on 12:13 - Apr 18 by KeithHaynes

Once top two gone . Rest Lowe, Ayew, Roberts and Guehi. Ready made repacement in whitaker Cullen Freeman and Brandon Cooper.

Swansea need some sort of edge if they are to get past Brentford and Bournmouth. A ittle extra freshness perhaps? .

A top form Ayew not a tired Ayew will be required.

Wise sage since Toshack era

A Thread for the Pessimists. on 12:58 - Apr 18 with 1172 viewsFireboy2

A Thread for the Pessimists. on 12:13 - Apr 18 by KeithHaynes

🤣🤣🤣
A Thread for the Pessimists. on 13:27 - Apr 18 with 1161 viewsTreforys_Jack

Lifey, football is all about entertainment for me, and though we are handily placed in the league, I can count the number of games I've enjoyed under Cooper with 1 hand, maybe if I was being kind, 2 hands. That over 2 years is quite damning, considering history will judge him as one of our more successful managers.
A Thread for the Pessimists. on 13:48 - Apr 18 with 1130 viewsonehunglow

A Thread for the Pessimists. on 13:27 - Apr 18 by Treforys_Jack

Lifey, football is all about entertainment for me, and though we are handily placed in the league, I can count the number of games I've enjoyed under Cooper with 1 hand, maybe if I was being kind, 2 hands. That over 2 years is quite damning, considering history will judge him as one of our more successful managers.

You can count on Rog.The perfect fan.All positive and sweet a candy posts.

Whatever get you through the night

Like Tories,any pessimists are seen as vile scum-to some.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

A Thread for the Pessimists. on 13:55 - Apr 18 with 1146 viewsjack247

It’s an odd one. I can completely sympathise with that view. At the same time, I’ve been going since the mid nineties and we play better football now than at most of my time as a fan.

We were massively spoilt under Martinez, Rodgers, Laudrup and to an extent Potter.
A Thread for the Pessimists. on 14:10 - Apr 18 with 1113 viewsonehunglow

A Thread for the Pessimists. on 13:55 - Apr 18 by jack247

It’s an odd one. I can completely sympathise with that view. At the same time, I’ve been going since the mid nineties and we play better football now than at most of my time as a fan.

We were massively spoilt under Martinez, Rodgers, Laudrup and to an extent Potter.

I can go back much longer. to the late 50s. The thrill was greater then because of the pull of youth.The 60s -apart from 64 -were often dire and needed a strong stomach.
Tosh changed the mindset and no matter who comes to the club,he will always have a special place for me.

Going bust was sickening

The resurgence under Roberto is the only thing to compare. YET, he was abused something wicked when he went to Wigan.

Rodgers?Just wished he has stayed .I cant begin to contemplate the possibility he was prepared to return and our farkwits for Owners let him slip through the fingers. LOOK at the legacy he is leaving Leicester.

And we could have had him back? I need lifelong to post something positive on that scenario

A Thread for the Pessimists. on 14:41 - Apr 18 with 1125 viewsbuilthjack

If you were a Cardiff fan it would be one hand.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

A Thread for the Pessimists. on 14:44 - Apr 18 with 1120 viewsKeithHaynes

You cant beat a two handed enjoyable game count 😉

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

A Thread for the Pessimists. on 15:20 - Apr 18 with 1095 viewsCatullus

A Thread for the Pessimists. on 14:44 - Apr 18 by KeithHaynes

You cant beat a two handed enjoyable game count 😉

But using two hands you can beat....no....beter not!

I'm sure I've enjoyed more games than that in 2 years, I've even enjoyed games we've lost. I want to be entertained, it's my weakness I guess.

I know I'm strange but I would rather watch a good game that we lost than watch a continual stream of dross and win. Life is to be enjoyed not endured!

Having endured this pandemic now I want more fun. Idealistic I know.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

A Thread for the Pessimists. on 15:22 - Apr 18 with 1091 viewslifelong

A Thread for the Pessimists. on 13:48 - Apr 18 by onehunglow

You can count on Rog.The perfect fan.All positive and sweet a candy posts.

Whatever get you through the night

Like Tories,any pessimists are seen as vile scum-to some.

I thought it wouldn’t be long before the grand master of all pessimists arrived on the scene. At least you call me a fan, not perfect by any means, but a fan nevertheless.
I genuinely believe that you want us to fail...a sad case.
A Thread for the Pessimists. on 15:35 - Apr 18 with 1084 viewsmonmouth

A Thread for the Pessimists. on 12:35 - Apr 18 by ReslovenSwan1

Once top two gone . Rest Lowe, Ayew, Roberts and Guehi. Ready made repacement in whitaker Cullen Freeman and Brandon Cooper.

Swansea need some sort of edge if they are to get past Brentford and Bournmouth. A ittle extra freshness perhaps? .

A top form Ayew not a tired Ayew will be required.

Can we rest Steve Cooper during the playoffs?

🤣

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

A Thread for the Pessimists. on 16:00 - Apr 18 with 1040 viewsonehunglow

A Thread for the Pessimists. on 15:22 - Apr 18 by lifelong

I thought it wouldn’t be long before the grand master of all pessimists arrived on the scene. At least you call me a fan, not perfect by any means, but a fan nevertheless.
I genuinely believe that you want us to fail...a sad case.

I think you are genuine too.

Honest.

You will never get to what I am about though.

Your mates have tried and failed miserably. Make no mistake, I bear you no malice just because you think I’m as you say.

I can live with that .

Sad. ..? You have no idea

A Thread for the Pessimists. on 16:08 - Apr 18 with 1051 viewsTreforys_Jack

A Thread for the Pessimists. on 13:55 - Apr 18 by jack247

Without a doubt, what a team we were for periods.
A Thread for the Pessimists. on 16:14 - Apr 18 with 1048 viewsBarryTownSwam

A Thread for the Pessimists. on 14:41 - Apr 18 by builthjack

If you were a Cardiff fan it would be one hand.

True, but they’ve got more fingers per hand to count them on 👍
A Thread for the Pessimists. on 16:26 - Apr 18 with 1031 viewsbuilthjack

A Thread for the Pessimists. on 16:14 - Apr 18 by BarryTownSwam

True, but they’ve got more fingers per hand to count them on 👍

Exactly.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

A Thread for the Pessimists. on 16:46 - Apr 18 with 1018 viewsswan65split

Just a query , how many fingers have you?

I think we are already in play off plan B for coops.
A Thread for the Pessimists. on 17:36 - Apr 18 with 991 viewsReslovenSwan1

I want Cooper to do well and play the beautiful games by developing his own skillset to fit the Swansea 'jenkinista' philosophy.

He can do this by incorporating new coaches for that era into his own camp and giving them influence and responsibility. This may include Routledge, Dyer, Britton in the team. Britton like Tate has seen them all from Flynn to Potter. Routledge and Dyer, Brendan onwards.

I hear the "no jobs for the boys" call but why give up that legacy? Cooper himself can benefit from this legacy and improve Swansea s passing accuracy which was much better under Potter with the same players and same opponents in the main.

A Thread for the Pessimists. on 18:55 - Apr 18 with 972 viewsjack247

A Thread for the Pessimists. on 14:10 - Apr 18 by onehunglow

I can go back much longer. to the late 50s. The thrill was greater then because of the pull of youth.The 60s -apart from 64 -were often dire and needed a strong stomach.
Tosh changed the mindset and no matter who comes to the club,he will always have a special place for me.

Going bust was sickening

The resurgence under Roberto is the only thing to compare. YET, he was abused something wicked when he went to Wigan.

Rodgers?Just wished he has stayed .I cant begin to contemplate the possibility he was prepared to return and our farkwits for Owners let him slip through the fingers. LOOK at the legacy he is leaving Leicester.

And we could have had him back? I need lifelong to post something positive on that scenario

Off topic I know and obviously Brendan Rodgers is among the Premier League elite. He gets results playing with verve (even if it’s counter attacking verve it’s still exciting) and it would have been brilliant to have him back.

He had the opportunity to come back when Guidolin stepped in and saved us though. He’d left Liverpool and hadn’t joined Celtic. At that point, we looked odds on to go down and he said the time wasn’t right. Few months later, Guidolin kept us up and Brendan’s suddenly interested again.

For all the good he’d done us, we’d done far more for his career. Left a bit of a sour taste.
A Thread for the Pessimists. on 19:47 - Apr 18 with 954 viewsmonmouth

A Thread for the Pessimists. on 18:55 - Apr 18 by jack247

Off topic I know and obviously Brendan Rodgers is among the Premier League elite. He gets results playing with verve (even if it’s counter attacking verve it’s still exciting) and it would have been brilliant to have him back.

He had the opportunity to come back when Guidolin stepped in and saved us though. He’d left Liverpool and hadn’t joined Celtic. At that point, we looked odds on to go down and he said the time wasn’t right. Few months later, Guidolin kept us up and Brendan’s suddenly interested again.

For all the good he’d done us, we’d done far more for his career. Left a bit of a sour taste.

He’s been a relentless selfish bugger all through his career. Totally disingenuous and slippery. Bloody good manager though and if we’d taken him back, on his terms, that summer I reckon we’d still be a PL club. He’d likely be somewhere ‘better’ by now mind, but still.

What galls me is we didn’t even give Guidolin a chance. We brought in the arsehole, sorry, asshole, Bradley.

A Thread for the Pessimists. on 19:54 - Apr 18 with 949 viewsReslovenSwan1

A Thread for the Pessimists. on 18:55 - Apr 18 by jack247

Footbll fans make too much of this sort of thing. The priorities are clear, Family bank manager Football club.

Huw Jenkins did wonders for the football vclub but the fans turned on him after he made a few mistakes after a near faultless 14 years, He had 'righted' the ship with Potter. Englands best manager. Do not ask me ask Pep.

Fans want 'Jenkinista' football back. The fans chose to listen to a propoganda campaigh led by the SCST and fan forum owners to get him out. Oh dear a mistake. Too late now.

A Thread for the Pessimists. on 20:33 - Apr 18 with 929 viewsChief

A Thread for the Pessimists. on 19:54 - Apr 18 by ReslovenSwan1

Footbll fans make too much of this sort of thing. The priorities are clear, Family bank manager Football club.

Huw Jenkins did wonders for the football vclub but the fans turned on him after he made a few mistakes after a near faultless 14 years, He had 'righted' the ship with Potter. Englands best manager. Do not ask me ask Pep.

Fans want 'Jenkinista' football back. The fans chose to listen to a propoganda campaigh led by the SCST and fan forum owners to get him out. Oh dear a mistake. Too late now.

No need to go off on a long rambling chapter and verse answer because i will just ignore it if you do,

But do you honestly think the Dan James saga played no part in Huw leaving his post? And that the timing of his departure was purely coincidental?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

A Thread for the Pessimists. on 20:57 - Apr 18 with 897 viewsmonmouth

Sigh...Jenkinista football...pile of crap...Garry Monk, Paul Clement, Carvalhal. He got lucky with Rodgers (fourth choice) Martinez (untested) and Guidolin (desperation). Laudrup came to him but was an excellent pick. Getting shot of him in his usual slimy underhand way was not. Then all his dissembling and bollocks in the press.

He did a good job until his ego the size of his conk took over and he thought he was a football genius. A w****r and a snake, stabbing his mates in the back. Pure slime.

A Thread for the Pessimists. on 21:06 - Apr 18 with 891 viewsjack247

Of course. Fans love the club. Players and managers, for the most part, see them as employees.

It wasn’t him turning us down that was off, he’d just been at Liverpool to be fair. It was him rather remain without a club than come back, try to save us, but risk a relegation on his CV, then conveniently change his mind the minute we didn’t get relegated.
A Thread for the Pessimists. on 09:08 - Apr 19 with 824 viewsonehunglow

A Thread for the Pessimists. on 20:57 - Apr 18 by monmouth

Sigh...Jenkinista football...pile of crap...Garry Monk, Paul Clement, Carvalhal. He got lucky with Rodgers (fourth choice) Martinez (untested) and Guidolin (desperation). Laudrup came to him but was an excellent pick. Getting shot of him in his usual slimy underhand way was not. Then all his dissembling and bollocks in the press.

He did a good job until his ego the size of his conk took over and he thought he was a football genius. A w****r and a snake, stabbing his mates in the back. Pure slime.

Basically a man who failed to market the club,to grow the fan base,and to secure sale to move the club forward as we wanted.
A man who put his own interests first and screwed the club in the process.

A failure.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024