Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread : THE HORRIBLE TRUTH 14:23 - Apr 18 with 13228 viewsNotLoyal

Its the win or the play offs for the swans. Win and they still have a chance of automatic promotion, albeit slim. Lose or draw and they enter a play off tournament as the least likely to go through ( Because the swans will get three points against Wayne Rooney’s Derby County )

Swansea City v QPR
Liberty Stadium
Tuesday April 20th
Kick off 7pm

Match Officials
JARRED GILLETT
Paul Hodskinson and Graham Kane
Fourth Official: John Brooks

The Matchday referee isn’t Gerard Houllier

Is it ont tut tele ?
Yes, it’s on SKY Sports red button & on Swans TV Live

Will the swans win this game ?
The easy answer is probably not, it’s more likely to be a draw. Or even a loss. However there would be no surprise in a 5-0 win or a 5-0 loss. Steve is going to start with a 6/3/1 with Conner Roberts up front and Ayew’s good leg at right back. Expect transformational football, misplaced passes, and generally a frustrating time all round as the minutes fly by. The non negotiables wont be negotiated and there will be times as the game proceeds that Coops will say “ I don’t like us” But by Wednesday they will be “Back on the grass” which is probably the reason why the swans looked smashed off their boxes on Saturday against Wycombe.

The non negotiable ‘ Let’s get back on the grass’ post match comment

Match day programme free
https://issuu.com/swanseacityafc/docs/swans-20-21-qpr-programme-digitial-v01

Swansea City v QPR :The game which will tell us everything about automatic promotion 20th Apr 2021 09:42
It’s down to the last four games, and tonight is the first of that run in. The swans have QPR and Derby at home and Reading and Watford away. They have to win them all, no more slacking, wandering around aimlessly or failing to execute basic passing moves. This is it, draw or lose and it’s over for the swans and any hope of automatic promotion. Win and it could leave a chink of light shining through a nearly closed curtain. 0

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Ryan Bennett, Marc Guehi, Jake Bidwell; Jay Fulton, Korey Smith, Matt Grimes (captain); Connor Roberts, Wayne Routledge, Jamal Lowe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Ryan Manning, Conor Hourihane, Morgan Whittaker, Liam Cullen, Yan Dhanda, Joel Latibeaudiere, Ollie Cooper, Ben Cabango.

Queens Park Rangers: Joe Lumley, Rob Dickie, Yoann Barbet (captain), Lyndon Dykes, Ilias Chair, Dominic Ball, Stefan Johansen, George Thomas, Chris Willock, Osman Kakay, Niko Hamalainen.

Substitutes: Joe Walsh, Todd Kane, Macauley Bonne, Sam Field, Faysal Bettache, Albert Adomah, Stephen Duke-McKenna, Charlie Austin.

Swans lose at home again : The harsh truth for Steve Cooper 21st Apr 2021 00:33
Frustrated Swansea City fans watched a nonplussed and wretched performance by Steve Cooper’s swans at the Liberty on Tuesday. So much so, even the most ardent of Cooper admirers were beginning to think this was some sort of sick joke as his players started in a defensive formation against a QPR side who had no reason or need to win, lose or draw this game. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread : TEAMS on 21:15 - Apr 20 with 1627 views9MilesHigh

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread : TEAMS on 20:56 - Apr 20 by vetchonian

QPR did a Swansea on us tonight ...moved the ball we were so often chasing shadows...yes the manager has to take blbut players need to look at themselves too

Cooper does not seem to be learning or able now to pick his "best"side

Need to sort it before the play offs

Your posts are going to be comical to read back
Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread : TEAMS on 21:19 - Apr 20 with 1594 viewsmonmouth

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread : TEAMS on 20:56 - Apr 20 by nantywatcher

What an awful second half. Spiritless

The half time team talk must have been breathtaking, yet again.

Fraud. Just go.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread : TEAMS on 21:27 - Apr 20 with 1502 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread : TEAMS on 20:56 - Apr 20 by vetchonian

QPR did a Swansea on us tonight ...moved the ball we were so often chasing shadows...yes the manager has to take blbut players need to look at themselves too

Cooper does not seem to be learning or able now to pick his "best"side

Need to sort it before the play offs

Aye, a Swansea from two seasons ago. We haven’t played like that for a very long time and that includes the Millwall and Wednesday games.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread : TEAMS on 21:29 - Apr 20 with 1485 viewsmonmouth

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread : TEAMS on 21:27 - Apr 20 by Joe_bradshaw

Aye, a Swansea from two seasons ago. We haven’t played like that for a very long time and that includes the Millwall and Wednesday games.

We had a bit of it with a Potter hangover, until the fraud drilled every ounce of enjoyment out of everyone.

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread : TEAMS on 21:31 - Apr 20 with 1462 viewsFlashberryjack

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread : TEAMS on 21:19 - Apr 20 by monmouth

The half time team talk must have been breathtaking, yet again.

Fraud. Just go.

I imagine Coopers half time team talk to be as inspiring as one of Mark Drakeford's covid briefings.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread : TEAMS on 21:33 - Apr 20 with 1424 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread : TEAMS on 21:31 - Apr 20 by Flashberryjack

I imagine Coopers half time team talk to be as inspiring as one of Mark Drakeford's covid briefings.

Imagine being close to that face

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread : TEAMS on 21:35 - Apr 20 with 1438 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread : TEAMS on 21:11 - Apr 20 by jasper_T

It's like Garry Monk back from the dead, hammering all craft and quality out of Swansea City football.

This. In spades.
Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread : TEAMS on 21:36 - Apr 20 with 1429 viewsCatullus

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread : TEAMS on 21:01 - Apr 20 by Badlands

Wyndham reckoned the fans would have lifted the players ... by now the vitriol would have had the players and the manager crapping themselves

I thought it was Kris O'Leary?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread : TEAMS on 21:39 - Apr 20 with 1411 viewsmonmouth

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread : TEAMS on 21:36 - Apr 20 by Catullus

It was. He said Routs took a heavy touch. Made me laugh.

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread : TEAMS on 21:45 - Apr 20 with 1376 viewsjackrabbit

Somebody on one of the other boards has stated that he doesn’t want us to get into the playoffs because he doesn’t want to watch any more of that aimless crap. I concur. I said to my son as we watched the closing minutes, that we were hanging on for a 0-0 draw at home, when a win was vital - wtf! We just packed defence and hoofed it up the pitch for QPR to regain possession and start another assault on our goal. Never mind, at least 0-0 would yield an undeserved point, and would be some consolation for us suffering fans. Of course, the end was inevitable. The disappointment was fleeting - I was braced for it. I don’t mind losing a tight game where we’ve given everything and played good football. But that was total and utter garbage. At least I saw some football from QPR. We look like we’re fighting relegation.
Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread : TEAMS on 21:48 - Apr 20 with 1359 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread : TEAMS on 21:36 - Apr 20 by Catullus

I don’t think it would have ever been possible to confuse the two - Wyndham getting ridiculously over excited and shouting over O’Connell (Ged innnnnnn!!! Hi Ho Ho) VS O’Leary’s measured and insightful punditry . No contest KOL every time please.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread : TEAMS on 21:58 - Apr 20 with 1318 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread : TEAMS on 21:45 - Apr 20 by jackrabbit

Somebody on one of the other boards has stated that he doesn’t want us to get into the playoffs because he doesn’t want to watch any more of that aimless crap. I concur. I said to my son as we watched the closing minutes, that we were hanging on for a 0-0 draw at home, when a win was vital - wtf! We just packed defence and hoofed it up the pitch for QPR to regain possession and start another assault on our goal. Never mind, at least 0-0 would yield an undeserved point, and would be some consolation for us suffering fans. Of course, the end was inevitable. The disappointment was fleeting - I was braced for it. I don’t mind losing a tight game where we’ve given everything and played good football. But that was total and utter garbage. At least I saw some football from QPR. We look like we’re fighting relegation.

Alas that was me JR, I really feel that bad.

And your last sentence is spot on mate, we looked like a side fighting relegation.
Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread : TEAMS on 22:20 - Apr 20 with 1244 viewsBadlands

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread : TEAMS on 20:53 - Apr 20 by Thornburyswan

He’s very lucky that their are no fans in the stadium, somebody should be telling him to grab the England U21 job with both hands.

Wyndham reckoned the fans would have lifted the players ... by now the vitriol would have had the players and the manager crapping themselves

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread : THE HORRIBLE TRUTH on 00:43 - Apr 21 with 1081 viewsKeithHaynes

Frustrated Swansea City fans watched a nonplussed and wretched performance by Steve Cooper’s swans at the Liberty on Tuesday. So much so, even the most ardent of Cooper admirers were beginning to think this was some sort of sick joke as his players started in a defensive formation against a QPR side who had no reason or need to win, lose or draw this game. 0

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread : THE HORRIBLE TRUTH on 05:22 - Apr 21 with 1033 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread : THE HORRIBLE TRUTH on 00:43 - Apr 21 by KeithHaynes

If a picture paints a thousand words.........

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread : THE HORRIBLE TRUTH on 09:11 - Apr 21 with 836 viewsonehunglow

Then why can't I paint you.

Paint in Black, Steve

Paint it Black

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread : THE HORRIBLE TRUTH on 09:38 - Apr 21 with 829 viewsCatullus

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread : THE HORRIBLE TRUTH on 05:22 - Apr 21 by Brynmill_Jack

If a picture paints a thousand words.........

Not a thousand, all it says to me is "yes we're crap but I don't give a sh1t"

He has his contract, he knows he'll get paid no matter what and if he's scked then it's a nice pay out and off to look elsewhere.

Right now I would urge other teams not to go near Cooper, apart from Cardiff!

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread : THE HORRIBLE TRUTH on 09:45 - Apr 21 with 814 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread : THE HORRIBLE TRUTH on 09:38 - Apr 21 by Catullus

He has his contract, he knows he'll get paid no matter what and if he's scked then it's a nice pay out and off to look elsewhere.

Pity fans couldnt force him out.They would if we had crowds.
Cooper has no spine and would walk immediately when confronted with angry fans.

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread : THE HORRIBLE TRUTH on 09:51 - Apr 21 with 817 viewsmonmouth

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread : THE HORRIBLE TRUTH on 09:38 - Apr 21 by Catullus

I would urge every other team to snap him up. He's GREEEEEEAAAAAAT

G'wan Bournemuff, get SuperCoops in and we'll throw in a Woodman to replace your Woodgate for free.

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread : THE HORRIBLE TRUTH on 09:53 - Apr 21 with 816 viewslifelong

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread : THE HORRIBLE TRUTH on 09:45 - Apr 21 by onehunglow

Pity fans couldnt force him out.They would if we had crowds.
Cooper has no spine and would walk immediately when confronted with angry fans.

You’d be there Richard...oh hang on.
Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread : THE HORRIBLE TRUTH on 09:54 - Apr 21 with 805 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread : THE HORRIBLE TRUTH on 09:51 - Apr 21 by monmouth

I would urge every other team to snap him up. He's GREEEEEEAAAAAAT

G'wan Bournemuff, get SuperCoops in and we'll throw in a Woodman to replace your Woodgate for free.

Fred made some "great" saves and has loads of clean shytes to his name.

Fantastic prospect and he loves him mum and is kind to animals. A regular contributor to the Big Issue sellers. A stalwart at Rossis.

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread : TEAMS on 10:38 - Apr 21 with 777 viewsBadlands

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread : TEAMS on 21:31 - Apr 20 by Flashberryjack

Drakeford's changes mostly had the desired effect.
Cooper's were like Johnson's ... confused, too late and blaming others.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread : TEAMS on 11:10 - Apr 21 with 768 viewsCatullus

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread : TEAMS on 10:38 - Apr 21 by Badlands

Drakeford's changes mostly had the desired effect.
Cooper's were like Johnson's ... confused, too late and blaming others.

What, the highest Uk death rate was desired?

Anyway, this is football so lets be back on topic eh.

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread : THE HORRIBLE TRUTH on 13:39 - Apr 21 with 673 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread : THE HORRIBLE TRUTH on 09:53 - Apr 21 by lifelong

You’d be there Richard...oh hang on.

Would you see him go though Rog.
Well,would ya

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread : THE HORRIBLE TRUTH on 14:05 - Apr 21 with 669 viewslifelong

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread : THE HORRIBLE TRUTH on 13:39 - Apr 21 by onehunglow

Would you see him go though Rog.
Well,would ya

It wouldn’t bother me if I’m honest, I’ve said on here and the other forum that I think he has done well to get us where we are today, still with an outside chance of getting to the promised land.
Those 4 defeats on the bounce seems to have knocked the confidence out of everybody at the club having said that some of the managers decisions have been strange to say the least.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024