Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread AFTER SHOW PARTY 10:30 - Apr 21 with 14314 viewsNotLoyal

By the time this game gets underway it could be all over, the swans now have the play offs ahead of them IF they can get something from this game or go through the mill against Derby County. Either way Cooper has lost the fans at Swansea, what can he do now ?

Apart from watch Bournemouth go third.

Reading v Swansea City
Mad Stad apparently
Sunday April 25th 2021
Kick off 12.30pm or as some say 12pm.
Probably doesn’t matter anyway

Match Officials
SIMON HOOPER
Stuart Burt and Simon Bennett
Fourth Official : Stephen Martin

Is it on the tv ?
Of course it bloody is, insomniacs need some form of treatment

Numerous swans fans have decided to make the most of the weekend by not watching the utter nonsense that has been served up by this overpaid bunch of dickheads. There we go, a member of the team here who wants them all bloody out ! I’ve had enough, even when I’m at home it costs me to watch this rubbish, I’m tired, but I get up everyday, put in maximum effort, then I’m tired again, we push on. Elite athletes, oh please shut up.

Sorry Steve, but I can’t watch it any more, my eyes are bleeding

Reading - The real truth
Reading FC have a car park which takes three years to get out of. However not on this occasion. They were the first town to have a Little Thief in 1958. They are also the largest town in the U.K. to not have city status. More old ladies fall over and end up in hospital in Reading than any where else in the country. This is believed to be caused by a lack of spinach in their diet. As previously reported Ayrton Senna lived in Reading, he may have been born there if it wasn’t for the fact he was born somewhere else. He was a regular at “The iffy Gentleman pub” in Tilehurst for well over a month. His favourite food at the time was an emergency biscuit.

A Little Thief restaurant yesterday

In the spirit of solidarity with the ladies Edith Morley was appointed as Professor of English Language at the University College of Reading in 1908. This was a fantastic moment for Edith who it is believed never, ever fell over as she loved Popeye.

Most spoon bending lunatics live in Reading, Uri Geller the first man in space in the sixties Is the best known bender in the world, he makes balls move too.

Cooper drops next season hint as the swans prepare for Reading away - Saturday Edition 24th Apr 2021 09:57
The swans travel to Reading on Sunday looking for the one point needed to secure a promotion play off place. As happened last season it’s Reading again that provide the opposition, the royals need to win for a last gasp opportunity to keep their play off hopes alive. 2

Reading: Rafael Cabral, Omar Richards, Liam Moore (captain), Andy Rinohmota, John Swift, Yakou Meite, Ovie Ejaria, Andy Yiadom, Lucas Joao, Josh Laurent, Tom Holmes.

Substitutes: Luke Southwood, Tomas Esteves, Michael Olise, Sam Baldock, Lewis Gibson, Sone Aluko, Alfa Semedo, Dejan Tetek, George Puscas.

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Ben Cabango, Marc Guehi, Jake Bidwell; Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Conor Hourihane; Wayne Routledge, Liam Cullen, Jamal Lowe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Ryan Bennett, Korey Smith, Andre Ayew, Morgan Whittaker, Yan Dhanda, Joel Latibeaudiere, Connor Roberts, Ollie Cooper.

Referee: Simon Hooper

Swansea City turn on the second half style and qualify for the play offs again 25th Apr 2021 14:50
From the start it seemed the same old swans, that is bar a few glimpses of hope had turned up at Reading today. The positivity swans fans had before the game almost disappeared when Reading went one up. However, in true swans fashion it was to be a roller coaster from beginning to end. The swans are in the play offs again by damn ! 1

More to follow.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:31 - Apr 25 with 1125 viewsonehunglow

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:26 - Apr 25 by Catullus

Those young players, Guehi has been massive but will we see him back next season. it's doubtful for me. He's proved himself at this level so unless we go up I think Chelsea will look for an EPL loan.
Woodman, seen as a hindrance by several on here and he is prone to mistakes/misjudgements. Not a hugely popular loan.

Latibeaudiere and Whittaker haven't been given too much of a chance really.

I'm not sure Brewster was cheap, what was his deal?

Besides all that, we cannot keep relying on loan players. We need to sign these young players and build on them. As we saw, loan players can be recalled which can cause issues.

Cooper's young guns are a limited resource, it's a lot of players he knows form the England U17 set up but many of those are now looking to be first team starters, not loanees.

Cooper also sems limited tactically. When things aren't going right he seems short on ideas or at least short on willingness to change. It took a long time for him to change from the back three but he was quick to change back. Go back to last season and he only made the tactical change when it was pretty much forced on him. Maybe with more experience of running senior pros, running a Championship club, maybe he'll learn from the experience. I really hope so.

Labaud and Whits should have has far greater chances and Naughton and routledge less. It should be the future that drives us,nit the past. The sentimental selection of WR has been shameful .

These young lads were brought in and have been ignored.

As for Freeman ,just why .Anyonecexplain this one.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:38 - Apr 25 with 1128 viewsKeithHaynes

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:31 - Apr 25 by onehunglow

Labaud and Whits should have has far greater chances and Naughton and routledge less. It should be the future that drives us,nit the past. The sentimental selection of WR has been shameful .

These young lads were brought in and have been ignored.

As for Freeman ,just why .Anyonecexplain this one.

Planning for the worst scenario ?
Like we had with the two Americans.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:39 - Apr 25 with 1106 viewsonehunglow

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:38 - Apr 25 by KeithHaynes

Planning for the worst scenario ?
Like we had with the two Americans.

What should we be planning for .?

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:46 - Apr 25 with 1107 viewsKeithHaynes

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:39 - Apr 25 by onehunglow

What should we be planning for .?

Roberts and Naughton getting the same type of injures, Bidwell the same.
It’s hard to predict the future, but had it happened Cooper had back up. And Freeman has the experience.

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:51 - Apr 25 with 1088 viewsonehunglow

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:46 - Apr 25 by KeithHaynes

Roberts and Naughton getting the same type of injures, Bidwell the same.
It’s hard to predict the future, but had it happened Cooper had back up. And Freeman has the experience.

Well he s not had much chance to evidence that.
We’ve been needing experience and he s not trod on a blade of grass

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread AFTER SHOW PARTY on 18:29 - Apr 25 with 1073 viewsmonmouth

Freeman and Hamer were emergencies. They chose to come to sit on the bench and their club let them go for a reason. God forbid we ever need them in anger. Although, looking at some of Woodmans antics....but he’s as likely to save a goal as cost one and is amazing with pelanties.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 18:34 - Apr 25 with 1066 viewsKeithHaynes

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:51 - Apr 25 by onehunglow

Well he s not had much chance to evidence that.
We’ve been needing experience and he s not trod on a blade of grass

I see the point though.
We had the back up HAD we needed it.
Better than being in the stuck and not having anyone.

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 20:20 - Apr 25 with 972 viewsjackrabbit

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 14:46 - Apr 25 by jasper_T

"Anyone who disagrees must have an agenda" lol this forum back in top form.

I didn’t say that. My wording was ‘your churlish comments about somebody who gives 100% every game suggests you have an agenda against him”. You’re a naughty boy to misquote people.
Login to get fewer ads

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 20:58 - Apr 25 with 930 viewsBadlands

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 13:59 - Apr 25 by jasper_T

Praise for Ayew bit over the top. One lucky flick when he'd run himself into trouble and a tap in and you'd think he put the whole team on his shoulders to listen to Keith Andrews. Second half was good before and after the substitutions, seemed only a matter of time before we'd score.

Thought him bollocking Cabango right after he came on for misplacing a pass was out of order.

Ayew called for the ball and Cabngo played it where he was Ayew's movement made a decent pass a miss pass.
Cabango gave him a mouthful in return.
Ayew then had a rant at Whittaker I think.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 23:07 - Apr 25 with 839 viewsjasper_T

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 20:58 - Apr 25 by Badlands

Ayew called for the ball and Cabngo played it where he was Ayew's movement made a decent pass a miss pass.
Cabango gave him a mouthful in return.
Ayew then had a rant at Whittaker I think.

Pretty sure the argument started because Cabango chose to pass it out wide to Whittaker instead of Ayew. How dare he.
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 03:56 - Apr 26 with 783 viewsDr_Parnassus

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:26 - Apr 25 by Catullus

Those young players, Guehi has been massive but will we see him back next season. it's doubtful for me. He's proved himself at this level so unless we go up I think Chelsea will look for an EPL loan.
Woodman, seen as a hindrance by several on here and he is prone to mistakes/misjudgements. Not a hugely popular loan.

Latibeaudiere and Whittaker haven't been given too much of a chance really.

I'm not sure Brewster was cheap, what was his deal?

Besides all that, we cannot keep relying on loan players. We need to sign these young players and build on them. As we saw, loan players can be recalled which can cause issues.

Cooper's young guns are a limited resource, it's a lot of players he knows form the England U17 set up but many of those are now looking to be first team starters, not loanees.

Cooper also sems limited tactically. When things aren't going right he seems short on ideas or at least short on willingness to change. It took a long time for him to change from the back three but he was quick to change back. Go back to last season and he only made the tactical change when it was pretty much forced on him. Maybe with more experience of running senior pros, running a Championship club, maybe he'll learn from the experience. I really hope so.

That’s my point. We will have half a team to replace.

So it’s better we have someone with a track record of being able to bring in young cheap players and be successful. Because we won’t have much funds to replace these players with.

Brewster was free. We just paid his salary.

As for relying on loan players, I’m afraid we have to do what we have to do. Ideally we could afford to buy the necessary players for resale value, but our range of quality immediately goes down when we move away from the loan market into the permenant free transfer market.

Whittaker and Latibaudiere have had 20+ appearances between them. That’s about what should be expected for players with such little experience.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 17:09 - Apr 26 with 619 viewsReslovenSwan1

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 03:56 - Apr 26 by Dr_Parnassus

That’s my point. We will have half a team to replace.

So it’s better we have someone with a track record of being able to bring in young cheap players and be successful. Because we won’t have much funds to replace these players with.

Brewster was free. We just paid his salary.

As for relying on loan players, I’m afraid we have to do what we have to do. Ideally we could afford to buy the necessary players for resale value, but our range of quality immediately goes down when we move away from the loan market into the permenant free transfer market.

Whittaker and Latibaudiere have had 20+ appearances between them. That’s about what should be expected for players with such little experience.

Benda, Brandon Cooper, Garrick and Cullen need to become regulars with 10-15 starts each. in that tricky 21-22 ge group. Added to Latibaeudirere Cabango and Whittaker that is a good youthful energetic core of players. None are first team she in players except Cabango. Ollie Cooper will go on loan most probably. Swansea might get a chance ot sign Gibbs White again with some assuances on a full 12 months or a permanent deal. I would like to see Woodburn come. He is still in Liverpools First team squad. Cooper might be able to kick start his career.

Wise sage since Toshack era

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024