Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread AFTER SHOW PARTY 10:30 - Apr 21 with 14311 viewsNotLoyal

By the time this game gets underway it could be all over, the swans now have the play offs ahead of them IF they can get something from this game or go through the mill against Derby County. Either way Cooper has lost the fans at Swansea, what can he do now ?

Apart from watch Bournemouth go third.

Reading v Swansea City
Mad Stad apparently
Sunday April 25th 2021
Kick off 12.30pm or as some say 12pm.
Probably doesn’t matter anyway

Match Officials
SIMON HOOPER
Stuart Burt and Simon Bennett
Fourth Official : Stephen Martin

Is it on the tv ?
Of course it bloody is, insomniacs need some form of treatment

Numerous swans fans have decided to make the most of the weekend by not watching the utter nonsense that has been served up by this overpaid bunch of dickheads. There we go, a member of the team here who wants them all bloody out ! I’ve had enough, even when I’m at home it costs me to watch this rubbish, I’m tired, but I get up everyday, put in maximum effort, then I’m tired again, we push on. Elite athletes, oh please shut up.

Sorry Steve, but I can’t watch it any more, my eyes are bleeding

Reading - The real truth
Reading FC have a car park which takes three years to get out of. However not on this occasion. They were the first town to have a Little Thief in 1958. They are also the largest town in the U.K. to not have city status. More old ladies fall over and end up in hospital in Reading than any where else in the country. This is believed to be caused by a lack of spinach in their diet. As previously reported Ayrton Senna lived in Reading, he may have been born there if it wasn’t for the fact he was born somewhere else. He was a regular at “The iffy Gentleman pub” in Tilehurst for well over a month. His favourite food at the time was an emergency biscuit.

A Little Thief restaurant yesterday

In the spirit of solidarity with the ladies Edith Morley was appointed as Professor of English Language at the University College of Reading in 1908. This was a fantastic moment for Edith who it is believed never, ever fell over as she loved Popeye.

Most spoon bending lunatics live in Reading, Uri Geller the first man in space in the sixties Is the best known bender in the world, he makes balls move too.

Cooper drops next season hint as the swans prepare for Reading away - Saturday Edition 24th Apr 2021 09:57
The swans travel to Reading on Sunday looking for the one point needed to secure a promotion play off place. As happened last season it’s Reading again that provide the opposition, the royals need to win for a last gasp opportunity to keep their play off hopes alive. 2

Reading: Rafael Cabral, Omar Richards, Liam Moore (captain), Andy Rinohmota, John Swift, Yakou Meite, Ovie Ejaria, Andy Yiadom, Lucas Joao, Josh Laurent, Tom Holmes.

Substitutes: Luke Southwood, Tomas Esteves, Michael Olise, Sam Baldock, Lewis Gibson, Sone Aluko, Alfa Semedo, Dejan Tetek, George Puscas.

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Ben Cabango, Marc Guehi, Jake Bidwell; Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Conor Hourihane; Wayne Routledge, Liam Cullen, Jamal Lowe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Ryan Bennett, Korey Smith, Andre Ayew, Morgan Whittaker, Yan Dhanda, Joel Latibeaudiere, Connor Roberts, Ollie Cooper.

Referee: Simon Hooper

Swansea City turn on the second half style and qualify for the play offs again 25th Apr 2021 14:50
From the start it seemed the same old swans, that is bar a few glimpses of hope had turned up at Reading today. The positivity swans fans had before the game almost disappeared when Reading went one up. However, in true swans fashion it was to be a roller coaster from beginning to end. The swans are in the play offs again by damn ! 1

More to follow.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:41 - Apr 25 with 1003 viewsangryjack

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:39 - Apr 25 by max936

Bidwell never looked like going for the ball, clueless defending just allowed himself to be outmuscled.

He should just stepped as the fella was about cross he would been a res offside as every other defender stepped out..terrible defending
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:42 - Apr 25 with 993 viewsonehunglow

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:41 - Apr 25 by Catullus

If Cooper sticks to form he'll sub Hourihane with 4 minutes to go!

My fears about Houri in a midfield three seem well founded. We are giving Reading far too much room.

Hourihane is simply a waste of a shirt

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:42 - Apr 25 with 994 viewsCatullus

OH buggeration, we are playing with 10 men.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:43 - Apr 25 with 990 views34dfgdf54

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:39 - Apr 25 by Chief

Doubt it, Guehi was back there too. It was a well worked goal that they created that produced the physical mismatch.

These things happen when you're playing against decent sides, there's no need to look for blame constantly.

A floated ball to back post when our left back is there is not a well worked goal. It was poor defending by a player who struggles in a back four.

See how Naughton defended cross just then? That’s how you do it.
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:43 - Apr 25 with 980 viewsTreforys_Jack

Lowe struggling as well.
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:44 - Apr 25 with 980 viewsjasper_T

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:42 - Apr 25 by Catullus

OH buggeration, we are playing with 10 men.

Brilliant pass from Hourihane there, showing his creative quality.
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:44 - Apr 25 with 961 viewsJohnw102

What was Hourihane thinking there? Get him off ht bring Yan on.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:44 - Apr 25 with 948 viewsonehunglow

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:44 - Apr 25 by jasper_T

He needs to be hooked at half time

Login to get fewer ads

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:45 - Apr 25 with 948 viewsThornburyswan

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:37 - Apr 25 by jasper_T

I'm shocked that lumping balls up to Cullen isn't working.

Hourihane needs hooking, he's a liability with players running off him, and he doesn't move us forward either.

Yeh shocker I know - neither Hourihane or Touts will last the 90 so just comes down to whether Cooper will be bold & make HT changes or do his usual 70/75/80 min ones.

Not much in this but they carry a better goal threat & if they were to get another couple in the second half we could still grab 7th spot.
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:45 - Apr 25 with 944 viewsangryjack

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:44 - Apr 25 by jasper_T

9 with Lowe he they got twelve as he passing to them
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:47 - Apr 25 with 901 viewsmax936

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:40 - Apr 25 by KeithHaynes

There was ample opportunity to step up, he had three seconds at least to do it.

as much has that

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:48 - Apr 25 with 890 viewspencoedjack

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:45 - Apr 25 by angryjack

9 with Lowe he they got twelve as he passing to them

FFS bore off
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:48 - Apr 25 with 877 viewsDr_Parnassus

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:30 - Apr 25 by 34dfgdf54

Don’t talk to me about “no number 9”

No excuses for Cooper

Apart from the fact he’s been out for 4 months.

Before that we were doing very well indeed with the Lowe/Ayew combo.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:49 - Apr 25 with 871 viewsnantywatcher

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:39 - Apr 25 by Chief

Doubt it, Guehi was back there too. It was a well worked goal that they created that produced the physical mismatch.

These things happen when you're playing against decent sides, there's no need to look for blame constantly.

I meant to up arrow that - spot on!
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:50 - Apr 25 with 858 viewsmax936

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:41 - Apr 25 by Catullus

If Cooper sticks to form he'll sub Hourihane with 4 minutes to go!

My fears about Houri in a midfield three seem well founded. We are giving Reading far too much room.

Yep, we don't look capable of stopping them coming through, really disappointed and frustrated with Hourihane, he'll never get back in that Villa side and shouldn't be in our side.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2021 13:09]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:52 - Apr 25 with 831 viewsThornburyswan

Another 45 mins with no attempts on target, not quite sure how Cooper thinks he can win games - is he bold enough for Whitaker, Cooper & Smith on for Lowe, Routs & Hourihane at HT.

I suspect not as he won’t see this as must win & will believe we can nick an equaliser and then defend from there.
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:52 - Apr 25 with 824 viewsFlashberryjack

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:44 - Apr 25 by Johnw102

What was Hourihane thinking there? Get him off ht bring Yan on.

We're always looking for the back pass, it's become a natural instinct with our team, bloody awful to watch, I'd bet Barnsley, Bournemouth and Brentford are cheering for us to win this.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:55 - Apr 25 with 793 views34dfgdf54

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:48 - Apr 25 by Dr_Parnassus

Apart from the fact he’s been out for 4 months.

Before that we were doing very well indeed with the Lowe/Ayew combo.

Yes, but was fit at start of season so doesn’t fit the narrative Cooper sets of “haven’t had a 9 all season” considering we have had vik and Cullen.
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:59 - Apr 25 with 735 viewsonehunglow

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:52 - Apr 25 by Flashberryjack

We're always looking for the back pass, it's become a natural instinct with our team, bloody awful to watch, I'd bet Barnsley, Bournemouth and Brentford are cheering for us to win this.

Is right.
Grimes is most guilty.

if there's a chance pass it back and often into trouble.

He's seen a a key player for us.That explains it all. A very poor player but weirdly loved by all.

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 13:00 - Apr 25 with 724 viewsjackrabbit

I thought we looked the better side at the start of the game, but we ended that half looking very much second best. Reading are settling down and starting to cause us big problems. Well done to Woodman for retrieving the situation with an excellent save from Hourihane’s howler, or we would be two goals down.

We’re offering little up front. Cullen is busting a gut but there’s no cohesion between the forwards - it’s all very scrappy and bitty. I don’t think anybody is having a particularly bad game, but I don’t think anybody is having a particularly good game either. That’s the Swans of late,
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 13:01 - Apr 25 with 718 viewsmonmouth

Everybody happy?

I think we’ll still nick a goal or even two, but we are terrible.

Fraud out.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 13:01 - Apr 25 with 710 viewsnantywatcher

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:59 - Apr 25 by onehunglow

Is right.
Grimes is most guilty.

He's seen a a key player for us.That explains it all. A very poor player but weirdly loved by all.

Go and watch the netball you clueless clown.
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 13:02 - Apr 25 with 692 viewsangryjack

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:59 - Apr 25 by onehunglow

Is right.
Grimes is most guilty.

Maybe because there no movement going forward and nothing on players off the ball are just standing instead of moving looking for space and giving the player on the ball something got hit..its too eazxy for opposition to mark our players
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 13:03 - Apr 25 with 685 viewsDr_Parnassus

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:55 - Apr 25 by 34dfgdf54

Yes, but was fit at start of season so doesn’t fit the narrative Cooper sets of “haven’t had a 9 all season” considering we have had vik and Cullen.

He was largely untested. Would have been a big gamble to start him when we were just building a partnership between Lowe and Ayew. Prior to his injury there was no real need to change.

In fact he was starting to break his way into the team and gradually increasing his minutes as the season went on. He was injured in the forest game which was his third start of the season.

I have no doubt he would have played a large part of our second half of the season had he not.

Unfortunately his injury came late in January (23rd), leaving just Morris... who then got injured weeks later. So it wasn’t possible to bring in a number 9.

That is one of the main reasons we have struggled since January.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2021 13:17]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 13:03 - Apr 25 with 684 viewsBadlands

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 13:00 - Apr 25 by jackrabbit

I thought we looked the better side at the start of the game, but we ended that half looking very much second best. Reading are settling down and starting to cause us big problems. Well done to Woodman for retrieving the situation with an excellent save from Hourihane’s howler, or we would be two goals down.

We’re offering little up front. Cullen is busting a gut but there’s no cohesion between the forwards - it’s all very scrappy and bitty. I don’t think anybody is having a particularly bad game, but I don’t think anybody is having a particularly good game either. That’s the Swans of late,

A very good save but credit to Cabango for getting back and cutting off the chance of Woodman's right hand.
The general poor positioning and keeping players onside by Bidwell and Guehi is often overlooked.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024