Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread AFTER SHOW PARTY 10:30 - Apr 21 with 14308 viewsNotLoyal

By the time this game gets underway it could be all over, the swans now have the play offs ahead of them IF they can get something from this game or go through the mill against Derby County. Either way Cooper has lost the fans at Swansea, what can he do now ?

Apart from watch Bournemouth go third.

Reading v Swansea City
Mad Stad apparently
Sunday April 25th 2021
Kick off 12.30pm or as some say 12pm.
Probably doesn’t matter anyway

Match Officials
SIMON HOOPER
Stuart Burt and Simon Bennett
Fourth Official : Stephen Martin

Is it on the tv ?
Of course it bloody is, insomniacs need some form of treatment

Numerous swans fans have decided to make the most of the weekend by not watching the utter nonsense that has been served up by this overpaid bunch of dickheads. There we go, a member of the team here who wants them all bloody out ! I’ve had enough, even when I’m at home it costs me to watch this rubbish, I’m tired, but I get up everyday, put in maximum effort, then I’m tired again, we push on. Elite athletes, oh please shut up.

Sorry Steve, but I can’t watch it any more, my eyes are bleeding

Reading - The real truth
Reading FC have a car park which takes three years to get out of. However not on this occasion. They were the first town to have a Little Thief in 1958. They are also the largest town in the U.K. to not have city status. More old ladies fall over and end up in hospital in Reading than any where else in the country. This is believed to be caused by a lack of spinach in their diet. As previously reported Ayrton Senna lived in Reading, he may have been born there if it wasn’t for the fact he was born somewhere else. He was a regular at “The iffy Gentleman pub” in Tilehurst for well over a month. His favourite food at the time was an emergency biscuit.

A Little Thief restaurant yesterday

In the spirit of solidarity with the ladies Edith Morley was appointed as Professor of English Language at the University College of Reading in 1908. This was a fantastic moment for Edith who it is believed never, ever fell over as she loved Popeye.

Most spoon bending lunatics live in Reading, Uri Geller the first man in space in the sixties Is the best known bender in the world, he makes balls move too.

Cooper drops next season hint as the swans prepare for Reading away - Saturday Edition 24th Apr 2021 09:57
The swans travel to Reading on Sunday looking for the one point needed to secure a promotion play off place. As happened last season it’s Reading again that provide the opposition, the royals need to win for a last gasp opportunity to keep their play off hopes alive. 2

Reading: Rafael Cabral, Omar Richards, Liam Moore (captain), Andy Rinohmota, John Swift, Yakou Meite, Ovie Ejaria, Andy Yiadom, Lucas Joao, Josh Laurent, Tom Holmes.

Substitutes: Luke Southwood, Tomas Esteves, Michael Olise, Sam Baldock, Lewis Gibson, Sone Aluko, Alfa Semedo, Dejan Tetek, George Puscas.

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Ben Cabango, Marc Guehi, Jake Bidwell; Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Conor Hourihane; Wayne Routledge, Liam Cullen, Jamal Lowe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Ryan Bennett, Korey Smith, Andre Ayew, Morgan Whittaker, Yan Dhanda, Joel Latibeaudiere, Connor Roberts, Ollie Cooper.

Referee: Simon Hooper

Swansea City turn on the second half style and qualify for the play offs again 25th Apr 2021 14:50
From the start it seemed the same old swans, that is bar a few glimpses of hope had turned up at Reading today. The positivity swans fans had before the game almost disappeared when Reading went one up. However, in true swans fashion it was to be a roller coaster from beginning to end. The swans are in the play offs again by damn ! 1

More to follow.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread SATURDAY on 07:59 - Apr 25 with 1062 viewsWhiterockin

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread SATURDAY on 22:58 - Apr 24 by lifelong

We’ll beat Reading tomorrow, go back to third in the table, then we’ll beat Barnsley over two games in the play offs, then beat Brentford in the final at Wembley. 👏👏👏

Beating Brentford with a very late disputed penalty.
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread (n/t) on 09:14 - Apr 25 with 997 viewsBoundy

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread (n/t) on 21:01 - Apr 21 by lifelong

I’ve been walking the glorious Pembrokeshire Coastal Path today, it’s great for the soul.
Here’s an early season Linnet, amongst many other species of bird life seen today. You need to try it sometime.

The walk down to Barafundle bay across the headland is the only place I've seen one , very impressive

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread SATURDAY on 09:18 - Apr 25 with 977 viewsonehunglow

At least the early kick off gives us the afternoon to make the most of our wonderful land

SO- FOR ALL OF US

Thanks Hank

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread SATURDAY on 11:01 - Apr 25 with 920 viewsKeithHaynes

Reading: Rafael Cabral, Omar Richards, Liam Moore (captain), Andy Rinohmota, John Swift, Yakou Meite, Ovie Ejaria, Andy Yiadom, Lucas Joao, Josh Laurent, Tom Holmes.

Substitutes: Luke Southwood, Tomas Esteves, Michael Olise, Sam Baldock, Lewis Gibson, Sone Aluko, Alfa Semedo, Dejan Tetek, George Puscas.

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Ben Cabango, Marc Guehi, Jake Bidwell; Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Conor Hourihane; Wayne Routledge, Liam Cullen, Jamal Lowe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Ryan Bennett, Korey Smith, Andre Ayew, Morgan Whittaker, Yan Dhanda, Joel Latibeaudiere, Connor Roberts, Ollie Cooper.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 11:04 - Apr 25 with 913 viewsChief

That's a very attacking line up

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread SATURDAY on 11:05 - Apr 25 with 911 viewsangryjack

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread SATURDAY on 11:01 - Apr 25 by KeithHaynes

Lowe again before Whittaker ....Lowe must have something on him
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 11:07 - Apr 25 with 896 viewsKeithHaynes

Ayew is a huge risk too. No Manning. This is clearly a 442 maybe 😂, is Routledge in midfield or more of a number ten ?

It’s confusing trying to work out Steve Cooper.

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread SATURDAY on 11:08 - Apr 25 with 896 viewsChief

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread SATURDAY on 11:05 - Apr 25 by angryjack

Or could it be that he's scored 4 goals in the last 5 games?

Just a thought.....

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Login to get fewer ads

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread SATURDAY on 11:25 - Apr 25 with 834 viewsangryjack

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread SATURDAY on 11:08 - Apr 25 by Chief

Or could it be that he's scored 4 goals in the last 5 games?

Just a thought.....

Overall not good enough 2 were penalties and 2 were well taken but he not for me. Needs to do basics holding the ball would be a start instead of trying turn and knock past man and 9 out of ten loses possession
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 11:30 - Apr 25 with 813 viewsmonmouth

Cant complain at the selection. Now let’s go out and nail it.

I think we will.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 11:31 - Apr 25 with 809 viewsThornburyswan

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 11:07 - Apr 25 by KeithHaynes

Ayew is a huge risk too. No Manning. This is clearly a 442 maybe 😂, is Routledge in midfield or more of a number ten ?

It’s confusing trying to work out Steve Cooper.

Looks a fluid 4-3-3 to me but as you say difficult to work it out, that said at least Cooper appears to be giving it a go as per his pre-match words for the last few games.

Let’s hope Ayew gets to stay on the bench & if we get the result can give him a few minutes next weekend.
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 11:36 - Apr 25 with 785 viewsKeithHaynes

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 11:31 - Apr 25 by Thornburyswan

Looks a fluid 4-3-3 to me but as you say difficult to work it out, that said at least Cooper appears to be giving it a go as per his pre-match words for the last few games.

Let’s hope Ayew gets to stay on the bench & if we get the result can give him a few minutes next weekend.

Or one up front and Routs and Lowe on the wings 😂

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread SATURDAY on 11:39 - Apr 25 with 775 viewsjack_lord

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread SATURDAY on 11:05 - Apr 25 by angryjack

Lowe was the only one who looked like he might score or create chances for us to score against pqr

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 11:43 - Apr 25 with 754 viewsCatullus

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 11:31 - Apr 25 by Thornburyswan

It's a 4-3-3 but Hourihane is there. He doesn't bust a gut so Fulton and Grimes will need to do extra. I'd have put Smith in instead of Houri, lets hope he proves me wrong eh.

Ayew on the bench, now I may be old fashioned about this OR just wrong but I don't think any player should be on the bench unless they are fit to start, unless of course there is absolutely no choice. If Ayew isn't 100% I wouldn't have involved him because we need him for the play off games

Assuming Cullen is the central striker I quite like the look of it up front, I'd rather Lowe played on the right because Routs has always like to cut back inside but he can cross with the outside of his foot too, it's been his ability to beat players, to work himself space, that's always been good. Lowe has a harder time beating players unless he's that much faster than them and can knock and chase; being on the right side just makes more sense to me.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread SATURDAY on 11:45 - Apr 25 with 739 views34dfgdf54

Yeah. Goals.
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread (n/t) on 11:48 - Apr 25 with 725 viewsmax936

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread (n/t) on 18:34 - Apr 21 by Oldjack

it pains me to say this but I can't stomach another Cooper the clueless game ,I'm giving this a wide berth

Match on White Springs today is it Alan

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 11:52 - Apr 25 with 703 viewsNotLoyal

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 11:43 - Apr 25 by Catullus

It's a 4-3-3 but Hourihane is there. He doesn't bust a gut so Fulton and Grimes will need to do extra. I'd have put Smith in instead of Houri, lets hope he proves me wrong eh.

Ayew on the bench, now I may be old fashioned about this OR just wrong but I don't think any player should be on the bench unless they are fit to start, unless of course there is absolutely no choice. If Ayew isn't 100% I wouldn't have involved him because we need him for the play off games

Assuming Cullen is the central striker I quite like the look of it up front, I'd rather Lowe played on the right because Routs has always like to cut back inside but he can cross with the outside of his foot too, it's been his ability to beat players, to work himself space, that's always been good. Lowe has a harder time beating players unless he's that much faster than them and can knock and chase; being on the right side just makes more sense to me.

It's quite clearly an expansive selection so the expanse of the formation can expansively react to the extensive effort that Reading will extensively implement. This means the expansive Swansea formation will expend slowly throughout the game. That's how I see it.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread (n/t) on 11:53 - Apr 25 with 695 viewsCatullus

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread (n/t) on 11:48 - Apr 25 by max936

Match on White Springs today is it Alan

I had thought we were playing yesterday and was giving it a miss! Today though I have it on.

It's just such a hard watch if Coops goes negative. Looking at the team, if Houri is really up for it today we might just win.

I have taken a punt and put a quid on 3 nil to us with bet 365, it's 40-1. I live in hope

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread (n/t) on 11:53 - Apr 25 with 689 viewsKeithHaynes

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread (n/t) on 11:53 - Apr 25 by Catullus

I had thought we were playing yesterday and was giving it a miss! Today though I have it on.

It's just such a hard watch if Coops goes negative. Looking at the team, if Houri is really up for it today we might just win.

I have taken a punt and put a quid on 3 nil to us with bet 365, it's 40-1. I live in hope

NL 😂Where I live you get knee capped for being so silly !

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread SATURDAY on 11:57 - Apr 25 with 666 viewsangryjack

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread SATURDAY on 11:45 - Apr 25 by 34dfgdf54

Yeah. Goals.

Lol... He misses a lot more he scores and if I was playing behind him I be frustrated can't hold the thing..
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread SATURDAY on 11:58 - Apr 25 with 662 viewsKeithHaynes

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread SATURDAY on 11:57 - Apr 25 by angryjack

Lol... He misses a lot more he scores and if I was playing behind him I be frustrated can't hold the thing..

Lowe has to be stronger today, holding the ball up especially.

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:00 - Apr 25 with 650 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 11:43 - Apr 25 by Catullus

The problem with Smith for Hourihane is that a midfield three of Grimes, Smith and Fulton offers little or no creativity and they all sit too far behind the front three with a chasm between the attack and the midfield. The attackers then come deeper and deeper to collect the ball and none of those midfielders will run forward beyond the attack so our goal threat doesn’t exist.

We could do with a Dhanda who is six inches taller and two stone heavier to play between the lines and who doesn’t get bullied.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:00 - Apr 25 with 642 viewsKeithHaynes

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:00 - Apr 25 by Joe_bradshaw

The problem with Smith for Hourihane is that a midfield three of Grimes, Smith and Fulton offers little or no creativity and they all sit too far behind the front three with a chasm between the attack and the midfield. The attackers then come deeper and deeper to collect the ball and none of those midfielders will run forward beyond the attack so our goal threat doesn’t exist.

We could do with a Dhanda who is six inches taller and two stone heavier to play between the lines and who doesn’t get bullied.

Toshack 😉
Although that wasn’t his game, he would be better at it.

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:02 - Apr 25 with 627 views34dfgdf54

Can’t defend those sorts of balls from Lowe.

Need to score
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread SATURDAY on 12:03 - Apr 25 with 624 viewsmax936

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread SATURDAY on 11:58 - Apr 25 by KeithHaynes

Lowe has to be stronger today, holding the ball up especially.

There's a first for everything, I suppose, good cross by him there though.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024