Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread AFTER SHOW PARTY 10:30 - Apr 21 with 14309 viewsNotLoyal

By the time this game gets underway it could be all over, the swans now have the play offs ahead of them IF they can get something from this game or go through the mill against Derby County. Either way Cooper has lost the fans at Swansea, what can he do now ?

Apart from watch Bournemouth go third.

Reading v Swansea City
Mad Stad apparently
Sunday April 25th 2021
Kick off 12.30pm or as some say 12pm.
Probably doesn’t matter anyway

Match Officials
SIMON HOOPER
Stuart Burt and Simon Bennett
Fourth Official : Stephen Martin

Is it on the tv ?
Of course it bloody is, insomniacs need some form of treatment

Numerous swans fans have decided to make the most of the weekend by not watching the utter nonsense that has been served up by this overpaid bunch of dickheads. There we go, a member of the team here who wants them all bloody out ! I’ve had enough, even when I’m at home it costs me to watch this rubbish, I’m tired, but I get up everyday, put in maximum effort, then I’m tired again, we push on. Elite athletes, oh please shut up.

Sorry Steve, but I can’t watch it any more, my eyes are bleeding

Reading - The real truth
Reading FC have a car park which takes three years to get out of. However not on this occasion. They were the first town to have a Little Thief in 1958. They are also the largest town in the U.K. to not have city status. More old ladies fall over and end up in hospital in Reading than any where else in the country. This is believed to be caused by a lack of spinach in their diet. As previously reported Ayrton Senna lived in Reading, he may have been born there if it wasn’t for the fact he was born somewhere else. He was a regular at “The iffy Gentleman pub” in Tilehurst for well over a month. His favourite food at the time was an emergency biscuit.

A Little Thief restaurant yesterday

In the spirit of solidarity with the ladies Edith Morley was appointed as Professor of English Language at the University College of Reading in 1908. This was a fantastic moment for Edith who it is believed never, ever fell over as she loved Popeye.

Most spoon bending lunatics live in Reading, Uri Geller the first man in space in the sixties Is the best known bender in the world, he makes balls move too.

Cooper drops next season hint as the swans prepare for Reading away - Saturday Edition 24th Apr 2021 09:57
The swans travel to Reading on Sunday looking for the one point needed to secure a promotion play off place. As happened last season it’s Reading again that provide the opposition, the royals need to win for a last gasp opportunity to keep their play off hopes alive. 2

Reading: Rafael Cabral, Omar Richards, Liam Moore (captain), Andy Rinohmota, John Swift, Yakou Meite, Ovie Ejaria, Andy Yiadom, Lucas Joao, Josh Laurent, Tom Holmes.

Substitutes: Luke Southwood, Tomas Esteves, Michael Olise, Sam Baldock, Lewis Gibson, Sone Aluko, Alfa Semedo, Dejan Tetek, George Puscas.

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Ben Cabango, Marc Guehi, Jake Bidwell; Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Conor Hourihane; Wayne Routledge, Liam Cullen, Jamal Lowe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Ryan Bennett, Korey Smith, Andre Ayew, Morgan Whittaker, Yan Dhanda, Joel Latibeaudiere, Connor Roberts, Ollie Cooper.

Referee: Simon Hooper

Swansea City turn on the second half style and qualify for the play offs again 25th Apr 2021 14:50
From the start it seemed the same old swans, that is bar a few glimpses of hope had turned up at Reading today. The positivity swans fans had before the game almost disappeared when Reading went one up. However, in true swans fashion it was to be a roller coaster from beginning to end. The swans are in the play offs again by damn ! 1

More to follow.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:04 - Apr 25 with 1119 viewsCatullus

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:00 - Apr 25 by Joe_bradshaw

The problem with Smith for Hourihane is that a midfield three of Grimes, Smith and Fulton offers little or no creativity and they all sit too far behind the front three with a chasm between the attack and the midfield. The attackers then come deeper and deeper to collect the ball and none of those midfielders will run forward beyond the attack so our goal threat doesn’t exist.

We could do with a Dhanda who is six inches taller and two stone heavier to play between the lines and who doesn’t get bullied.

Grimes can be creative, he has a good left foot, he just needs to be allowed the freedom. He works too, that's the difference for me.

Cabango should have used his foot there, didn't have to hit it, just try and direct it.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:07 - Apr 25 with 1099 viewsJoe_bradshaw

We’ve started ok.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:19 - Apr 25 with 1056 viewsJoe_bradshaw

That’s a silly yellow for Guehi there. Will be even sillier if he mistimes a tackle later on.

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:23 - Apr 25 with 1034 viewsjack_lord

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:19 - Apr 25 by Joe_bradshaw

That’s a silly yellow for Guehi there. Will be even sillier if he mistimes a tackle later on.

Guehi got booked but a couple of minutes earlier the Reading guy kicked the ball away - no card!

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:23 - Apr 25 with 1033 viewsKeithHaynes

Hourihane has backed off two tackles there. Resulting in that Reading shot. Disappointed.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:24 - Apr 25 with 1006 viewsonehunglow

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:23 - Apr 25 by KeithHaynes

Hourihane has backed off two tackles there. Resulting in that Reading shot. Disappointed.

He simply lacks guts ,any.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:24 - Apr 25 with 1019 views34dfgdf54

Cullen a breath of fresh air
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:26 - Apr 25 with 1012 viewsNotLoyal

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:24 - Apr 25 by 34dfgdf54

Cullen a breath of fresh air

Surprised me with his pace there.

OK I've changed it.

Login to get fewer ads

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:29 - Apr 25 with 984 viewsGlossolalia

How the hell was that a free kick against Cullen? The bloke should be off by now.
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:30 - Apr 25 with 983 views34dfgdf54

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:26 - Apr 25 by NotLoyal

Surprised me with his pace there.

Don’t talk to me about “no number 9”

No excuses for Cooper
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:31 - Apr 25 with 972 views34dfgdf54

That is why you don’t play Bidwell in a back 4
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:34 - Apr 25 with 917 viewsChief

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:31 - Apr 25 by 34dfgdf54

Come on, Manning would have made no difference there either.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:34 - Apr 25 with 915 viewsangryjack

Terrible defending all he had do is step out with everyone else...offside instead followed him in playing him on and outmuscled
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:35 - Apr 25 with 897 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Which became apparent early last season.

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:36 - Apr 25 with 867 views34dfgdf54

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:34 - Apr 25 by Chief

It was all about positioning. He got into a physical battle he never had chance of winning.

He’s not very good in a back four, same with CR.
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:36 - Apr 25 with 863 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:34 - Apr 25 by Chief

Manning would have held the defensive line and the scorer would have been comfortably offside.

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:37 - Apr 25 with 844 viewsangryjack

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:36 - Apr 25 by 34dfgdf54

It was all about positioning. He got into a physical battle he never had chance of winning.

He followed him in when it looked like the others stepped if he stepped it might bee. Offside
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:37 - Apr 25 with 838 viewsjasper_T

I'm shocked that lumping balls up to Cullen isn't working.

Hourihane needs hooking, he's a liability with players running off him, and he doesn't move us forward either.
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:38 - Apr 25 with 831 viewsNotLoyal

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:36 - Apr 25 by Joe_bradshaw

Manning would have held the defensive line and the scorer would have been comfortably offside.

We have again resulted to jogging about as a response.

OK I've changed it.

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:39 - Apr 25 with 806 viewsChief

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:36 - Apr 25 by Joe_bradshaw

Doubt it, Guehi was back there too. It was a well worked goal that they created that produced the physical mismatch.

These things happen when you're playing against decent sides, there's no need to look for blame constantly.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:39 - Apr 25 with 798 viewsmax936

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:36 - Apr 25 by 34dfgdf54

Bidwell never looked like going for the ball, clueless defending just allowed himself to be outmuscled.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:40 - Apr 25 with 789 viewsKeithHaynes

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:39 - Apr 25 by max936

Bidwell never looked like going for the ball, clueless defending just allowed himself to be outmuscled.

There was ample opportunity to step up, he had three seconds at least to do it.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:40 - Apr 25 with 788 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:39 - Apr 25 by Chief

Doubt it, Guehi was back there too. It was a well worked goal that they created that produced the physical mismatch.

These things happen when you're playing against decent sides, there's no need to look for blame constantly.

When the cross was hit Bidwell was three yards behind the other three defenders.

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:41 - Apr 25 with 773 viewsonehunglow

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:39 - Apr 25 by max936

Let’s face it,Bidwell is a yard dog of a player. A slug of a player .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:41 - Apr 25 with 776 viewsCatullus

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:37 - Apr 25 by jasper_T

I'm shocked that lumping balls up to Cullen isn't working.

Hourihane needs hooking, he's a liability with players running off him, and he doesn't move us forward either.

If Cooper sticks to form he'll sub Hourihane with 4 minutes to go!

My fears about Houri in a midfield three seem well founded. We are giving Reading far too much room.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024