Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welsh independence 21:45 - May 7 with 16764 views73__73

Don’t make me laugh 😂 plaid having a nightmare 😁

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Welsh independence on 22:12 - May 7 with 2965 viewsraynor94

Put the ludicrous idea of independence to bed once and for all.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Welsh independence on 22:17 - May 7 with 2953 viewsKilkennyjack

Progressive voters hitting over 60% in Cymru.

Devo max on the agenda.
Welsh Labour has an identity.

YesCymru is far bigger than Plaid.
‘The raising self confidence of the nation’ is how Adam Price just described it.

One thing is certain - the future relationship with Westmonster will be very different for Cymru.

Wales is not England.
Wales will never be Tory.

Beware of the Risen People

Welsh independence on 22:18 - May 7 with 2952 viewsraynor94

Welsh independence on 22:17 - May 7 by Kilkennyjack

Devo max on the agenda.

‘The raising self confidence of the nation’ is how Adam Price just described it.

One thing is certain - the future relationship with Westmonster will be very different for Cymru.

Wales is not England.

Sorry but,

Welsh independence on 22:36 - May 7 with 2937 viewsTenbySwan

With England going more and more blue, the bigger distance between Wales and England the better.

I'd like to think Welsh people have better values than the Tory England as a whole.
Welsh independence on 22:39 - May 7 with 2929 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh independence on 22:36 - May 7 by TenbySwan

With England going more and more blue, the bigger distance between Wales and England the better.

I'd like to think Welsh people have better values than the Tory England as a whole.

100 per cent.

Its a great day for modern Wales today.

Congratulations Prof Drakers.
He has earned his success the hard way. Respect is due.

Welsh independence on 22:40 - May 7 with 2928 views73__73

Welsh independence on 22:36 - May 7 by TenbySwan

And what values are those ?

Welsh independence on 22:44 - May 7 with 2920 viewsraynor94

Welsh independence on 22:39 - May 7 by Kilkennyjack

100 per cent.

Its a great day for modern Wales today.

Congratulations Prof Drakers.
He has earned his success the hard way. Respect is due.

Put the spade down, it's been a disastrous day for Plaid and independence.

Welsh independence on 22:47 - May 7 with 2918 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh independence on 22:44 - May 7 by raynor94

Put the spade down, it's been a disastrous day for Plaid and independence.

No its a great political day for Wales.

60% progressive voters.
So very different to England don't you think ?

Well done Professor Drakers.

Login to get fewer ads

Welsh independence on 22:49 - May 7 with 2917 viewsLohengrin

Apathy is the elephant in the room here. Four years ago 65% of the Welsh electorate simply didn’t bother to vote, this time around when all the figures are in, and despite extending the franchise to adolescents too young to have started shaving, the percentage may be even lower.

At what point does the legitimacy of the entire process be called into question? Just how small does a mandate to govern have to be?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Welsh independence on 22:49 - May 7 with 2915 views73__73

Welsh independence on 22:47 - May 7 by Kilkennyjack

No its a great political day for Wales.

60% progressive voters.
So very different to England don't you think ?

Well done Professor Drakers.

😂

Welsh independence on 22:54 - May 7 with 2903 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh independence on 22:49 - May 7 by Lohengrin

Apathy is the elephant in the room here. Four years ago 65% of the Welsh electorate simply didn’t bother to vote, this time around when all the figures are in, and despite extending the franchise to adolescents too young to have started shaving, the percentage may be even lower.

At what point does the legitimacy of the entire process be called into question? Just how small does a mandate to govern have to be?

I was disappointed by that as well.

Why cant people vote on their phones Loh ?
Certainly would help the young and the old/sick/scared of covid.

You can do everything else in life on your phone.

Shirley its worth a try.

Scotland had 20% more.

Welsh independence on 22:56 - May 7 with 2892 viewsCountyJim

Welsh independence on 22:17 - May 7 by Kilkennyjack

Devo max on the agenda.

Wales is not England.

Yes thank christ for labour
Welsh independence on 23:01 - May 7 with 2883 viewsLohengrin

Welsh independence on 22:54 - May 7 by Kilkennyjack

I was disappointed by that as well.

Why cant people vote on their phones Loh ?
Certainly would help the young and the old/sick/scared of covid.

You can do everything else in life on your phone.

Shirley its worth a try.

Scotland had 20% more.

Hell! The remote control is a mystery to folk like my parents, navigating an iPhone would be way too much of a stretch...

Welsh independence on 23:02 - May 7 with 2881 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Ruling parties in Wales, England and Scotland have done well. Constant media exposure due to COVID has probably helped. Government for the last 14 months has been extremely difficult but opposition has also been extremely difficult.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Welsh independence on 23:04 - May 7 with 2878 viewsTenbySwan

Welsh independence on 22:40 - May 7 by 73__73

Thinking of other people, and the community, not just me, me, me, which is a prerequisite of being a Tory.

Welsh people care about other people.

In my view you can be Welsh or you can be Conservative but you can't be both. The values are incompatible.
Welsh independence on 23:13 - May 7 with 2858 views73__73

Welsh independence on 23:04 - May 7 by TenbySwan

Thinking of other people, and the community, not just me, me, me, which is a prerequisite of being a Tory.

Welsh people care about other people.

In my view you can be Welsh or you can be Conservative but you can't be both. The values are incompatible.

What an absolute load of nonsense. Do you actually believe Welsh people care more the the English 😂
People in England vote conservative, because they don’t want England to suffer the same fate , that Wales has.

Welsh independence on 23:15 - May 7 with 2856 viewsLittleEnglandJack

Welsh independence on 22:49 - May 7 by Lohengrin

Is the correct answer.

Quite incredible that after a year in which the Welsh Government has had control over the minutiae of people's lives, to the point of making it illegal to see friends and family, it seems less than half of Welsh voters could be bothered to get off their arse and vote. Whether you've approved of Welsh Government policy or not, it has affected all of us immensely this last year and the fact that over half of voters apparently didn't have an opinion either way is quite frankly depressing.

Labour's match made in heaven of blind tribalism and apathy seems to have combined to let them in again, perhaps even with an increased vote/seat share. Really is a dark day for democracy in Wales- piss poor turnout, more of the same stale, failing shite that we've had for 22 years and counting. I've said it before and I'll say it again- I'm a unionist but so help me god I'd rather Plaid were in government than another 5 years of that lot.
Welsh independence on 23:17 - May 7 with 2853 viewsLohengrin

Welsh independence on 23:02 - May 7 by Joe_bradshaw

Ruling parties in Wales, England and Scotland have done well. Constant media exposure due to COVID has probably helped. Government for the last 14 months has been extremely difficult but opposition has also been extremely difficult.

That’s the thing, Joe. A crisis demands a unified response, it’s what people largely expect and want. ‘Opposition’ at such a time (constructive scrutiny is different) can easily be seen, and certainly painted, as unhelpful at best.

Welsh independence on 23:17 - May 7 with 2853 viewsfelixstowe_jack

47% turnout shows the majority of Wales is either apathetic to the senedd or don't believe they can make a change which is even more disappointing.

PC dream of independence is slipping further away as they lose a constituency seat.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Welsh independence on 23:22 - May 7 with 2821 viewsjack_lord

Welsh independence on 23:15 - May 7 by LittleEnglandJack

Is the correct answer.

Quite incredible that after a year in which the Welsh Government has had control over the minutiae of people's lives, to the point of making it illegal to see friends and family, it seems less than half of Welsh voters could be bothered to get off their arse and vote. Whether you've approved of Welsh Government policy or not, it has affected all of us immensely this last year and the fact that over half of voters apparently didn't have an opinion either way is quite frankly depressing.

Labour's match made in heaven of blind tribalism and apathy seems to have combined to let them in again, perhaps even with an increased vote/seat share. Really is a dark day for democracy in Wales- piss poor turnout, more of the same stale, failing shite that we've had for 22 years and counting. I've said it before and I'll say it again- I'm a unionist but so help me god I'd rather Plaid were in government than another 5 years of that lot.

why is it blind tribalism in parts of Wales when folk vote for one party but completely ok for parts of England to continually vote for another party but that is not an issue or questioned? Asking for a friend.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Welsh independence on 23:30 - May 7 with 2837 viewsLittleEnglandJack

Welsh independence on 23:22 - May 7 by jack_lord

why is it blind tribalism in parts of Wales when folk vote for one party but completely ok for parts of England to continually vote for another party but that is not an issue or questioned? Asking for a friend.

I haven't made any comment on the electoral landscape in England. There is obviously blind tribalism in favour of the Tories too, but there's no doubt that the politics of England at the minute are more fluid than those of Wales. Places like Ashfield and Hartlepool going Tory, traditional tory territory in more affluent Southern areas going Labour/Lib Dem.

Meanwhile the South Wales Valleys remained solidly red. Only 3 seats have changed hands this election, one of which was Labour taking back a Valleys constituency they surprisingly lost in 2016.
Welsh independence on 23:34 - May 7 with 2830 viewsSlugster664

Welsh independence on 22:40 - May 7 by 73__73

He won't reply as he hasn't an answer, the bloke is a nob.

STID

Welsh independence on 23:41 - May 7 with 2790 viewsjack_lord

Welsh independence on 23:30 - May 7 by LittleEnglandJack

I haven't made any comment on the electoral landscape in England. There is obviously blind tribalism in favour of the Tories too, but there's no doubt that the politics of England at the minute are more fluid than those of Wales. Places like Ashfield and Hartlepool going Tory, traditional tory territory in more affluent Southern areas going Labour/Lib Dem.

Meanwhile the South Wales Valleys remained solidly red. Only 3 seats have changed hands this election, one of which was Labour taking back a Valleys constituency they surprisingly lost in 2016.

So one bi election makes England more fluid yet in Wales the same happened in the last election but that is not fluid. England is 17 times the size of Wales so for every one seat changing hands it should be 17 in England?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Welsh independence on 23:48 - May 7 with 2768 viewsbuilthjack

Scotland will be independent within 5 years.
Wales 15 years.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Welsh independence on 23:51 - May 7 with 2793 viewsraynor94

Welsh independence on 23:48 - May 7 by builthjack

Scotland will be independent within 5 years.
Wales 15 years.

Well, it will be touch and go if I ever see it

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024