Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit is working 14:23 - Jul 1 with 29972 views73__73

Fantastic news from Sunderland . Over 6,000 well paid jobs, as Nissan invest in new electric model and new battery plant.

Project fear , my arse 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧
[Post edited 1 Jul 2021 14:24]

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Brexit is working on 09:01 - Jul 2 with 1878 viewsonehunglow

I vote remain but I am not a "remainer" a I do not brand myself.
It's looks like thing might turn out too bad after all-and that's good.

If I was wrong then fine. If not that's fine too.

Bottom line is that it matters not who is right or wrong. It really doesn't .

People don't get this as they don't like being made to feel they were wrong. Well ,you were not wrong. Or right.

Now then

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Brexit is working on 09:25 - Jul 2 with 1850 viewsCatullus

Brexit is working on 09:01 - Jul 2 by onehunglow

People don't get this as they don't like being made to feel they were wrong. Well ,you were not wrong. Or right.

Now then

Some people will turn out to be wrong, some right but you are right, it doesn't matter now. Brexit has happened and everybody should be tryingto make the best of it regardless.

Some people though, by posts on here, would rather it become a complete failure just so they can say I told you so. They will be gutted if it becomes a success, by any measure.

I honestly believe it will turn out to be the best thing for my sons future. I could be wrong but unlike some on here, I know it will be years before we know. At least 10 I reckon, before we can start to judge. In that time we will also see how the EU fares.

Somebody posted about Germany getting more investment than us, the EU is pretty much arranged that way, Germany has doen the best out of the EU and was getting more investment when we were members, Even so many Germans are questioning the amount of money they send to Southern Europe and the Greeks and Italians, with a few others, have paid a heavy price.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Brexit is working on 09:33 - Jul 2 with 1846 viewsonehunglow

Brexit is working on 09:25 - Jul 2 by Catullus

Some people will turn out to be wrong, some right but you are right, it doesn't matter now. Brexit has happened and everybody should be tryingto make the best of it regardless.

Some people though, by posts on here, would rather it become a complete failure just so they can say I told you so. They will be gutted if it becomes a success, by any measure.

I honestly believe it will turn out to be the best thing for my sons future. I could be wrong but unlike some on here, I know it will be years before we know. At least 10 I reckon, before we can start to judge. In that time we will also see how the EU fares.

Somebody posted about Germany getting more investment than us, the EU is pretty much arranged that way, Germany has doen the best out of the EU and was getting more investment when we were members, Even so many Germans are questioning the amount of money they send to Southern Europe and the Greeks and Italians, with a few others, have paid a heavy price.

Cat.
Im not sure that' it's because people today lack self confidence.They don't even seem comfortable with their own gender .
People,die to social media, hate to lose face a they see it. Well they are not.Social media IS simply just that. Most if not all a load of old pony.
It is often refreshing to be proven wrong.

My parents were tricky ,awkward but highly intelliiegent independent minded people and one of the few thing they rammed into me was not to be afraid to be your own person no matter what. Never swim with the crowd. If proven wrong,admit it to yourself if nobody else.

Brexit is working on 10:13 - Jul 2 with 1840 viewsCatullus

Brexit is working on 09:33 - Jul 2 by onehunglow

Cat.
Im not sure that' it's because people today lack self confidence.They don't even seem comfortable with their own gender .
People,die to social media, hate to lose face a they see it. Well they are not.Social media IS simply just that. Most if not all a load of old pony.
It is often refreshing to be proven wrong.

My parents were tricky ,awkward but highly intelliiegent independent minded people and one of the few thing they rammed into me was not to be afraid to be your own person no matter what. Never swim with the crowd. If proven wrong,admit it to yourself if nobody else.

I had to learn by myself to become my own person, my parents were quite useless. I am happybto swim withthe crowd when I agree withthem but I'm not scared to "swim away" either.
I have seen signs of snowflakery in my 12 year old son. I am doing my best to teach him to be strong enough to be who you are, don't be scared and don't blame others for your own failings. More than once he has said "it's wasn't my fault" only for me to ask who's fault was it then? Often followed up by reasons why it was his fault. I don't want him to hit 25 and the wuss that I was, I want him to be strong, independent and not scared of life, which I was for far too long.

Brexit could provide opportunities, maybe not for working in the EU as easily as it used to be but opportunities further afield. I want him to be prepared to take chances, to be happy to just get up and go in the knowledge that no matter what he'll always have a home to come back to. I see brexit as an opportunity to be more globalist.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Brexit is working on 11:07 - Jul 2 with 1832 viewspikeypaul

And the loser Remoaners are hating the fact over 6000 jobs are being created and Nissan have now said Brexit is good for 🇬🇧 businesses.So much for the bitter losers pretending they want the best for 🇬🇧.

Project fear well and truly shoved up the loser Remoaners backsides and now in hindsight they are looking very stupid.

Out and fecking loving it.

🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
[Post edited 2 Jul 2021 11:09]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Brexit is working on 13:33 - Jul 2 with 1797 viewsKilkennyjack

Such an adult approach to trade …. 🍼👶

Beware of the Risen People

Brexit is working on 18:20 - Jul 2 with 1786 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Brexit is working on 13:33 - Jul 2 by Kilkennyjack

Such an adult approach to trade …. 🍼👶

Sound good why import very expensive bottled water from the EU which often contain minerals that would not be acceptable in tap water.

Tap water is virtually free , if you must but bottled water buy British.

The EU were perfectly happy to buy British shellfish but since January they no longer think the are safe enough without saying why. Quid pro Quo. If the EU wants to apply it's bureaucratic rules they must surely expect the UK to apply the same standards.

Of course if the undemocratic EU wants to pragmatic so can the UK.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Brexit is working on 23:11 - Jul 2 with 1769 viewsmajorraglan

Brexit is working on 07:41 - Jul 2 by Kilkennyjack

Johnson has bought these jobs.

Its another Johnson lie.

He may have “bought the jobs” but its no different to what other countries are doing and have been doing for years, we had the Welsh Development Agency incentivising company’s to come here back in the day.
I am not a Boris fan as I think he lacks the right qualities to lead the country, however on this I’d back him every day of the week as long as it’s done legally.
Login to get fewer ads

Brexit is working on 08:59 - Jul 3 with 1750 viewsAndyCole

UK back to #1 Stock Market in Europe post Brexit .

This is despite Brussels mandating EU banks etc to stop trading through London when we left the single market in January which wiped off billions from our market.

What a fightback of epic proportions.

UK also now massively outstripping Europe for capital raising, now up to #3 in the world, behind US and China. Raising a massive £27Bn since we Brexited - the largest amount since the peak in 2014.

Go Brexit.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Brexit is working on 09:11 - Jul 3 with 1737 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Brexit is working on 08:59 - Jul 3 by AndyCole

UK back to #1 Stock Market in Europe post Brexit .

This is despite Brussels mandating EU banks etc to stop trading through London when we left the single market in January which wiped off billions from our market.

What a fightback of epic proportions.

UK also now massively outstripping Europe for capital raising, now up to #3 in the world, behind US and China. Raising a massive £27Bn since we Brexited - the largest amount since the peak in 2014.

Go Brexit.

Well said and the cost of capital has increased in the EU as they struggle to find enough funds within the EU to cover new investment.

Brexit is working on 09:48 - Jul 3 with 1718 viewsonehunglow

Brexit is working on 10:13 - Jul 2 by Catullus

I had to learn by myself to become my own person, my parents were quite useless. I am happybto swim withthe crowd when I agree withthem but I'm not scared to "swim away" either.
I have seen signs of snowflakery in my 12 year old son. I am doing my best to teach him to be strong enough to be who you are, don't be scared and don't blame others for your own failings. More than once he has said "it's wasn't my fault" only for me to ask who's fault was it then? Often followed up by reasons why it was his fault. I don't want him to hit 25 and the wuss that I was, I want him to be strong, independent and not scared of life, which I was for far too long.

Brexit could provide opportunities, maybe not for working in the EU as easily as it used to be but opportunities further afield. I want him to be prepared to take chances, to be happy to just get up and go in the knowledge that no matter what he'll always have a home to come back to. I see brexit as an opportunity to be more globalist.

That's quite a wonderful post.
We are often cursed or blessed by parents.Im both

All my father's family had visceral tempers. Real firebrands.Not violent as such but verbal and the eyes said it all. I saw my grandad cut hard men down to the ground just by sheer malevolence in the eyes. All born again Christians too.

My missus is calm and considered;a fantastic human being .Gawd knows what she is doing with me but Im grateful she's spawned us children who have grown up the type to feel very proud,

Anyway,I hope you kids get lucky with brexit. If I was wrong,then really it don't matter at all baby.

Brexit is working on 13:42 - Jul 3 with 1678 viewsKilkennyjack

Brexit is working on 10:13 - Jul 2 by Catullus

The Tory vision is a deregulated sweat shop Singapore style island off the edge of Europe, low wages, long hours, no workers rights, no environmental controls.

Undercutting the EU on the backs of the workers.

The rich will just skim an easy living of the top and avoid paying their taxes.

There will always be a Tory party whilst there is something worth preserving - in this case, the right of the establishment to exploit the workers without the EU to ensure fairness, equality and respect.

Brexit is greed, not opportunity. Freedom of Movement was/is opportunity denied.

You have swallowed Johnsons rubbish. Sadly.

Beware of the Risen People

Brexit is working on 13:45 - Jul 3 with 1675 viewsonehunglow

Brexit is working on 13:42 - Jul 3 by Kilkennyjack

The Tory vision is a deregulated sweat shop Singapore style island off the edge of Europe, low wages, long hours, no workers rights, no environmental controls.

There will always be a Tory party whilst there is something worth preserving - in this case, the right of the establishment to exploit the workers without the EU to ensure fairness, equality and respect.

Brexit is greed, not opportunity. Freedom of Movement was/is opportunity denied.

I actually agree with some of that but not the class war crap.

Boris is a lethal narcississtic clown

Brexit is working on 14:12 - Jul 3 with 1669 viewspencoedjack

Brexit is working on 09:01 - Jul 2 by onehunglow

Now then

From my own perspective at the time it would of been better to vote remain, for my kids & grandkids I believed it was better for their future to vote out ….. so of course I voted out.

It’s nice to see far more intelligent people (than those on here) that voted remain but now can admit leave was the better option.
Brexit is working on 19:09 - Jul 3 with 1635 viewsCatullus

Brexit is working on 14:12 - Jul 3 by pencoedjack

From my own perspective at the time it would of been better to vote remain, for my kids & grandkids I believed it was better for their future to vote out ….. so of course I voted out.

It’s nice to see far more intelligent people (than those on here) that voted remain but now can admit leave was the better option.

I still don't know that leave was the best choice but I remain optimistic. Far cleverer people than i say it's good AND bad but time will tell.

Reading AndyCole's post it sounds good, then seeing the Uk economy is recovering more quickly than the EU it all looks highly promising.

Now if only we can convince young people that no job is beneath them, there is nothing wrong with manual labour even if you do have a degree, there is nothing wrong with working in the fields or in care homes, you do what you must to pay the bills. I have been a kitchen porter, a barman, a builders labourer, a postman and a car park attendant and if my rehab all goes well there is a job for me as a delivery driver. I'm 54, I don't really need to work but if that job is still there I will take it even if only to make a point to my son.....and to pay for next years holiday!

Brexit is working on 19:40 - Jul 3 with 1628 viewsItchySphincter

Brexit is working? Yeah, no chance any of the jobs would have been created if we’d have been in the EU.

#denial
#clutchingatanyoldstraw

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Brexit is working on 19:44 - Jul 3 with 1618 viewsGwyn737

Brexit is working on 19:40 - Jul 3 by ItchySphincter

Brexit is working? Yeah, no chance any of the jobs would have been created if we’d have been in the EU.

#denial
#clutchingatanyoldstraw

Well never know but it is a good news story.

However, I’ll wait to see if we can get what we were sold before even beginning to see Brexit as a success:

Boris Johnson, Telegraph 26th June 2016:

“British people will still be able to go and work in the EU, to live, to travel, to study, to buy homes and settle down. There will continue to be free trade and access to the EU Single Market”
Brexit is working on 19:53 - Jul 3 with 1617 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Brexit is working on 13:42 - Jul 3 by Kilkennyjack

How do you get it wrong so often? Singapore has one of the most dynamic economies in Asia . It is a high wage economy and it's GDP per capita outstrips both the USA, Hong Kong and Japan . Its' labour force is one of the most efficient in the world. Average wage in Singapore in 2020 was £39,000. In the EU is was £17,000 but does vary greatly in the 27 countries.

Perhaps you meant the sweat shops in India, Bangladesh and slave labour in China.

Once again another foolish lie from your mouth.

The UK 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 is making a great success of Brexit despite all attempts by Merkel, Macron and the unelected Commissioners to punish the UK for exercising their democratic rights to leave the pondering EU.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2021 20:01]

Brexit is working on 19:56 - Jul 3 with 1617 viewsCatullus

Brexit is working on 19:40 - Jul 3 by ItchySphincter

#denial
#clutchingatanyoldstraw

I suppose we could take that negative point of view, or we could go with we were told there would be mass unemployment if we chose to leave and yet there hasn't been. maybe that's because it's too soon to say.

I remember posts on here screamig that Nissan were leaving but they haven't. Right now, to myself, we are in the middle ground the good and bad that we were promised would happen, hasn't, not really. People can continue concentrating on any bad or persisting with it definitely being a failure but I'll remain optimistic and wait and see.

People still have to bear in mind we are under a difficult situation and some of the bad things that have happened are not all because of brexit. Once we are through the pandemic properly, then it'll be easier to judge.

Brexit is working on 08:29 - Jul 5 with 1552 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Brexit is working on 17:02 - Jul 1 by Kilkennyjack

My comment is that this is akin to celebrating a new pair of socks, when you have just deliberately burned your own house to the ground.

Its a a bit odd ….

Johnson will be very pleased that you are dull enough to fall for it though …

Brexit means Brexit … 🇬🇧🤮

The unemployed fishermen, farmers and City workers will be so thrilled.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2021 17:03]

More good news for our farmers. Did you see countryfile yesterday. It seems lamb prices have soared from £70 an animal, when we were in the EU, to £125 per animal.
Free market in action due to a surge in demand in South East Asia New Zealand and Australian farmers are diverting their lamb to take advantage of the high prices there.

This has led to an increase in demand for British lamb in the UK and a decent return for our farmers.

Brexit is working on 08:34 - Jul 5 with 1549 viewsCatullus

Brexit is working on 08:29 - Jul 5 by felixstowe_jack

More good news for our farmers. Did you see countryfile yesterday. It seems lamb prices have soared from £70 an animal, when we were in the EU, to £125 per animal.
Free market in action due to a surge in demand in South East Asia New Zealand and Australian farmers are diverting their lamb to take advantage of the high prices there.

This has led to an increase in demand for British lamb in the UK and a decent return for our farmers.

That is good news, they had been selling Lamb at pretty much a loss much of the time, that was inside the EU too. Now we have left, and I understand their fer that it might get worse but right now it has gotten better, in the short term at least.

Brexit is working on 09:44 - Jul 5 with 1525 viewsItchySphincter

Brexit is working on 19:56 - Jul 3 by Catullus

I suppose we could take that negative point of view, or we could go with we were told there would be mass unemployment if we chose to leave and yet there hasn't been. maybe that's because it's too soon to say.

I remember posts on here screamig that Nissan were leaving but they haven't. Right now, to myself, we are in the middle ground the good and bad that we were promised would happen, hasn't, not really. People can continue concentrating on any bad or persisting with it definitely being a failure but I'll remain optimistic and wait and see.

People still have to bear in mind we are under a difficult situation and some of the bad things that have happened are not all because of brexit. Once we are through the pandemic properly, then it'll be easier to judge.

In what way is that point of view negative? You really think we wouldn’t have had these jobs if we’d been in the EU? Give your head a wobble before you answer.

In what way is it negative?

Brexit is working on 09:55 - Jul 5 with 1503 viewscontroversial_jack

Brexit is working on 08:29 - Jul 5 by felixstowe_jack

I won't be buying lamb then!
Brexit is working on 13:21 - Jul 5 with 1462 viewsCatullus

Brexit is working on 09:44 - Jul 5 by ItchySphincter

In what way is that point of view negative? You really think we wouldn’t have had these jobs if we’d been in the EU? Give your head a wobble before you answer.

In what way is it negative?

It's negative towarss the UK. We were told after Brexit jobs would be lost, people were screaming that Nissan would leave and when they didn't people...well you...started saying these jobs would have been created anyway. How do we knoe what would have happened had we remained?
All we know is what is happening now. Good news is good news no matter what spin you try and put on it.

Brexit is working on 18:02 - Jul 5 with 1424 viewsItchySphincter

Brexit is working on 13:21 - Jul 5 by Catullus

It's negative towarss the UK. We were told after Brexit jobs would be lost, people were screaming that Nissan would leave and when they didn't people...well you...started saying these jobs would have been created anyway. How do we knoe what would have happened had we remained?
All we know is what is happening now. Good news is good news no matter what spin you try and put on it.

I'm not the one spinning anything. You say I'm negative because I ask a question when you start pontificating to make yourself feel better about the actual damage that's being done. Smoke and mirrors. The question is - do you think we would have got these jobs that you're celebrating as a triumph of Brexit had we been in the EU?

Nothing negative about that. Answer the simple question truthfully in your opinion. Whilst you're at it explain to me what you're telling your son to convince him that what you have done is better for his future.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024