Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New players desperately needed 19:05 - Jul 31 with 5300 viewsmagicdaps10

Centre half
Centre forward
And a no 10 are desperately needed!

Throw in a midfielder or 2 after Grimes goes. Martin, Scott and Co have a busy few weeks ahead 😬

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

New players desperately needed on 12:31 - Aug 1 with 1761 viewsDr_Winston

Scott's problem is that he could have been the best head of recruitment in the World, but if the man in charge of picking the team is reluctant to use the players you bring in because they weren't the exact ones he wanted (ie had played for him before) then there's only so effective you can be.

Players generally regarded as Scott targets like Lowe, Bennett & Bidwell were key for us last season. Whittaker looks like he could have contributed quite a bit more had Cooper used him.

i'm hoping for a far more collaborative approach involving whoever takes over as manager.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2021 12:45]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

New players desperately needed on 12:39 - Aug 1 with 1733 viewsjasper_T

New players desperately needed on 12:12 - Aug 1 by GVJack

I didn't see the game yesterday, but for me all positions should be considered for upgrading with the exception of Roberts and Cabango who look like they're destined for the Prem.

Teams who generally do well in this league tend to have an out and out goalscorer who plays 30+ matches and is in or near around the 20+ goals mark. I'm not sure if we have the personell for that yet, either the quality up front or across the pitch to control the match and provide the chances.

I think the quality coming out of the academy seems to be running a bit dry, to throw 3/4 players outntherenin the championship week in week out is asking too much, get at least a couple of them out on loan until January at least so they can have some experience playing competitive football.

I just hope the manager coming in can work very quick to get a first 11, system and style nailed down so we can start to see some consistency going forward.

Only 4 players scored 20+ in the Championship last season. Two of them played for midtable sides. Lowe and Ayew were both in the top 10 with 14 & 16 respectively. Watford went up automatically with their top scorer bagging only 13.

Been difficult to find worthwhile suitors for the academy lads to go on loan. Dan Williams and Oli Cooper aren't teenagers but haven't been tested so we still view them as kids not to be trusted. Cullen's the only one who has had decent offers that we've turned down over the years afaik.
New players desperately needed on 12:47 - Aug 1 with 1721 viewsGVJack

New players desperately needed on 12:39 - Aug 1 by jasper_T

Only 4 players scored 20+ in the Championship last season. Two of them played for midtable sides. Lowe and Ayew were both in the top 10 with 14 & 16 respectively. Watford went up automatically with their top scorer bagging only 13.

Been difficult to find worthwhile suitors for the academy lads to go on loan. Dan Williams and Oli Cooper aren't teenagers but haven't been tested so we still view them as kids not to be trusted. Cullen's the only one who has had decent offers that we've turned down over the years afaik.

What about West Brom and Brentford?

In Watfords case I imagine they managed to spread the goals out amongst the team, fine if you've got that goal scoring potential throughout, we haven't for a number of years, last year Ayew was our most dangerous attacking player but then a number of his goals came from the spot.

Fingers crossed that Lowe and Piroe well find the onion bag this season as well as players chipping in around them, maybe a change to the tactical approach will get more out of them?
New players desperately needed on 13:40 - Aug 1 with 1666 viewsReslovenSwan1

New players desperately needed on 12:47 - Aug 1 by GVJack

What about West Brom and Brentford?

In Watfords case I imagine they managed to spread the goals out amongst the team, fine if you've got that goal scoring potential throughout, we haven't for a number of years, last year Ayew was our most dangerous attacking player but then a number of his goals came from the spot.

Fingers crossed that Lowe and Piroe well find the onion bag this season as well as players chipping in around them, maybe a change to the tactical approach will get more out of them?

For Swansea to to well the club needs a lot more from the likes Whittaker and Cullen Latibeaudire and Dhanda. Dhanda in particular might find 'Russel hustle' a far better environment to develop than 'Cooperball'.

Cullen I have noticed takes time to transition from one age group to another He struggled in his first season at u23 level but ended it on fire with an excellent hat trick v Everton.

All the 19-22 age group players need game time. here is a lot of them to accommodate.

Wise sage since Toshack era

New players desperately needed on 18:23 - Aug 1 with 1536 viewsFlashberryjack

We desperately need a creative midfielder, playing Yan Dhanda there is criminal.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

New players desperately needed on 19:17 - Aug 1 with 1506 viewsmagicdaps10

We will start seeing the signings soon, Russell Martin is being backed.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

New players desperately needed on 20:01 - Aug 1 with 1438 viewsguthrieintherain

New players desperately needed on 19:17 - Aug 1 by magicdaps10

We will start seeing the signings soon, Russell Martin is being backed.

Who says hope you are right and we spend some of the Grimes money.

The MK fans are nervous that we will take 3 or 4 from their side sound a bit of a deluded bunch finished 13th in League 1 and got trounced 5.0 yesterday.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2021 20:04]

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

New players desperately needed on 20:03 - Aug 1 with 1415 viewsonehunglow

Im thinking a nsty surprise is coming for our underperforming lads,like Dhanda,so utterly anonymous.
Im assuming Rus ha a clear out of the dross

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

New players desperately needed on 20:17 - Aug 1 with 1390 viewsBrynmill_Jack

New players desperately needed on 18:23 - Aug 1 by Flashberryjack

We desperately need a creative midfielder, playing Yan Dhanda there is criminal.

A player who genuinely thinks he is a great footballer and has a divine right to be playing every week. When in reality he is far less impressive

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

New players desperately needed on 21:25 - Aug 1 with 1332 viewsbuilthjack

New players desperately needed on 20:17 - Aug 1 by Brynmill_Jack

A player who genuinely thinks he is a great footballer and has a divine right to be playing every week. When in reality he is far less impressive

He has the odd run with the ball, but doesn't contribute much more.
Can't see him fitting in with this manager.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

New players desperately needed on 21:28 - Aug 1 with 1321 viewsKilkennyjack

Too lightweight for pro football.

File under Byers.

Beware of the Risen People

New players desperately needed on 21:29 - Aug 1 with 1321 viewsBrynmill_Jack

New players desperately needed on 21:25 - Aug 1 by builthjack

He has the odd run with the ball, but doesn't contribute much more.
Can't see him fitting in with this manager.

We need players that are going to make a difference or give everything trying to. Hopefully he’ll give our squad a breath of fresh air and a much needed lift

New players desperately needed on 22:49 - Aug 1 with 1230 viewscymrojack

We'll probably need a few loan players once more this year.
Watched the MK V Spurs match on Wednesday and two young Spurs lads caught the eye.
Nile John & Dane Scarlett, both 18 years old I believe.

Gwynedd & Swansea - Veteran of Morriston Boys Club

New players desperately needed on 22:56 - Aug 1 with 1216 viewsmax936

New players desperately needed on 22:49 - Aug 1 by cymrojack

Watched the MK V Spurs match on Wednesday and two young Spurs lads caught the eye.

Great having youngsters being given chance's, but in games where the chips are down is where the experience is needed imo, a balance can be found though experience player's in the teams spine then these youngsters can have a go in the other positions, maybe.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

New players desperately needed on 23:08 - Aug 1 with 1198 viewsBrynmill_Jack

New players desperately needed on 22:49 - Aug 1 by cymrojack

We’ve got plenty of youngsters. We need battle hardened pros to progress in the championship

New players desperately needed on 23:12 - Aug 1 with 1191 viewsChief

Hope there's wingers in the plans.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

New players desperately needed on 08:44 - Aug 2 with 1053 viewsandypitt56

New players desperately needed on 10:12 - Aug 1 by Dr_Winston

Garrick's biggest problem for me is his ball control, which isn't great for a player whose game is based on speed. There's fundamental deficiencies there that have to be fixed if he's going to get anywhere.

Poor mans Modou barrow for me.
New players desperately needed on 09:17 - Aug 2 with 1012 viewsnantywatcher

Disgraceful comment from someone who no doubt describes himself as a fan.
New players desperately needed on 16:57 - Aug 2 with 850 viewsBrynmill_Jack

New players desperately needed on 09:17 - Aug 2 by nantywatcher

Disgraceful comment from someone who no doubt describes himself as a fan.

A fan for 45 years and counting. And since when has the truth been disgraceful? You want to get off your high horse whoever the f*ck you are.

New players desperately needed on 17:10 - Aug 2 with 823 viewsReslovenSwan1

New players desperately needed on 16:57 - Aug 2 by Brynmill_Jack

A fan for 45 years and counting. And since when has the truth been disgraceful? You want to get off your high horse whoever the f*ck you are.

Great managers get good players playing better. We saw it with Brendan. Dhanda and Garrick might thrive under Martin.

Garrick has pace and physicality Cullen lacks. He can work on other aspects to improve. I do not know about his focus. He does not panic in the box but there was that incident when he unnecessarily got himself sent off with a punch.

Both Garrick and B Cooper got good game time on loans but immediately got injured on return to Swansea.

Wise sage since Toshack era

New players desperately needed on 17:15 - Aug 2 with 816 viewsDr_Winston

Not really "truth" though is it? Seems to be mostly wild opinion.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

New players desperately needed on 17:17 - Aug 2 with 814 viewsvetchonian

New players desperately needed on 12:31 - Aug 1 by Dr_Winston

Scott's problem is that he could have been the best head of recruitment in the World, but if the man in charge of picking the team is reluctant to use the players you bring in because they weren't the exact ones he wanted (ie had played for him before) then there's only so effective you can be.

Players generally regarded as Scott targets like Lowe, Bennett & Bidwell were key for us last season. Whittaker looks like he could have contributed quite a bit more had Cooper used him.

i'm hoping for a far more collaborative approach involving whoever takes over as manager.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2021 12:45]

You really do need to read the Scott interview, I have posted it several times but here it is again.

We all know you didnt like Cooper but the perpetual myths you post give it a rest

Cooper had never worked with Jamal Lowe before...yet he played him ..so much so he was accused of overpalying him and knackering him out!

This interview shows Cooper and Scott worked together and Whittaker wasnt one for last season...they saw him as
"Morgan Whittaker is a prime example. It's another really good deal we felt we could do with Derby being in the situation they're in. He's a player we've looked at a lot and we felt he would be a huge asset for us going forward.

Read the whole thing...we are all entitled to our opinions but try and base them on facts!

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/andy-scott-interview-
[Post edited 2 Aug 2021 17:22]

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

New players desperately needed on 17:25 - Aug 2 with 801 viewsvetchonian

New players desperately needed on 17:15 - Aug 2 by Dr_Winston

Not really "truth" though is it? Seems to be mostly wild opinion.

People ingalss houses and all that!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

New players desperately needed on 17:38 - Aug 2 with 779 viewsnantywatcher

So how well do you know Yan then? How many hours in his company? Like you I have never met the man, but I watched him closely on Saturday and he played poorly - no question. However I would not be surprised if the the truth was diametrically opposite to your nasty posting. It could well be that he is lacking in confidence; every time he did something wrong or made a misjudgment it really seemed to get to him, he seemed to try harder and get in a worse mess than ever. Because there were only 5,000 there on Saturday I was able to move around the East stand at will and wherever I sat I had endure endless negativity from Swan's "FANS" until I found my self sat next to two Rumanians speaking their own language - BLISS.
New players desperately needed on 21:14 - Aug 2 with 604 viewsBrynmill_Jack

New players desperately needed on 17:38 - Aug 2 by nantywatcher

So how well do you know Yan then? How many hours in his company? Like you I have never met the man, but I watched him closely on Saturday and he played poorly - no question. However I would not be surprised if the the truth was diametrically opposite to your nasty posting. It could well be that he is lacking in confidence; every time he did something wrong or made a misjudgment it really seemed to get to him, he seemed to try harder and get in a worse mess than ever. Because there were only 5,000 there on Saturday I was able to move around the East stand at will and wherever I sat I had endure endless negativity from Swan's "FANS" until I found my self sat next to two Rumanians speaking their own language - BLISS.

I don’t think it matters how well anyone “knows” Yann. He’s not making it in the Championship, has had plenty of opportunities under Potter and Cooper and must have been watched by them for hours and hours in training. My opinion isn’t based on one friendly - it’s over the course of three seasons.

He hasn’t got anywhere near the consistency to claim to deserve a first team place. If Martin sees something in him and manages to coax some consistent performances out of him I’ll be the first to admit I’m wrong. At the moment i have to say he hasn’t lived up to his reputation.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024