Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jake Bidwell transfer speculation increases 11:20 - Aug 15 with 3926 viewsSwansIndependent

Jake Bidwell transfer speculation increases 15th Aug 2021 11:19
Jake Blidwell, a player who has adapted extremely well to Swansea City’s wing back position has held talks with the swans regards a new contract. Currently he can leave Swansea in June on a free transfer. Remarkably he is being linked with a cash move to a number of clubs. 1

Swansea City happy for Bidwell to leave the club. Click above.

Twitter below

This post has been edited by an administrator
Jake Bidwell transfer speculation increases on 11:25 - Aug 15 with 3062 viewsone_upmanship

£2.5m mentioned on social media

Plus Max Lowe on loan from Sheff Utd.
Jake Bidwell transfer speculation increases on 11:26 - Aug 15 with 3054 viewsKeithHaynes

Jake Bidwell transfer speculation increases on 11:25 - Aug 15 by one_upmanship

£2.5m mentioned on social media

Plus Max Lowe on loan from Sheff Utd.

Social media don’t know what we know 🤭👍
2.5 million proves that.
Mind you I didn’t know this until I read it !

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Jake Bidwell transfer speculation increases on 11:41 - Aug 15 with 2978 viewsmax936

Its a shame that he seems to be surplus to requirements, he's been decent for us, but players come and go all the time, if he does go I wish him well and thank him for his efforts here.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Jake Bidwell transfer speculation increases on 12:11 - Aug 15 with 2903 viewsKeithHaynes

Jake Bidwell transfer speculation increases on 11:41 - Aug 15 by max936

Its a shame that he seems to be surplus to requirements, he's been decent for us, but players come and go all the time, if he does go I wish him well and thank him for his efforts here.

Dramatically improved over the two years here.

Jake Bidwell transfer speculation increases on 12:14 - Aug 15 with 2887 viewsWhiterockin

He always give 100% and I will be sad to see him go. But I'm not sure he has the stamina to play the role RM is expecting, last night his energy levels dropped and he was really struggling late on.
Jake Bidwell transfer speculation increases on 12:41 - Aug 15 with 2786 viewsjackrmee

Massive shame.
I really like him as a player. Solid defensively and good going forward.
£11k a week is a bit much. I suppose they could halve that, get a bit of money from the sale and bring in someone younger, with more potential to fit into the system, with higher chance of sell on cash in future.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Jake Bidwell transfer speculation increases on 12:44 - Aug 15 with 2775 viewsKeithHaynes

Jake Bidwell transfer speculation increases on 12:41 - Aug 15 by jackrmee

Massive shame.
I really like him as a player. Solid defensively and good going forward.
£11k a week is a bit much. I suppose they could halve that, get a bit of money from the sale and bring in someone younger, with more potential to fit into the system, with higher chance of sell on cash in future.

That’s exactly what the club are doing mate, getting in better for less.

Jake Bidwell transfer speculation increases on 12:47 - Aug 15 with 2764 viewsjackrmee

Jake Bidwell transfer speculation increases on 12:44 - Aug 15 by KeithHaynes

Risky, but sensible.

Even if Bidwell fits in well, he's still 28 now.
To get the wage bill down and get someone younger and hungry in. Good plan.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Login to get fewer ads

Jake Bidwell transfer speculation increases on 13:05 - Aug 15 with 2685 viewsmax936

Jake Bidwell transfer speculation increases on 12:44 - Aug 15 by KeithHaynes

Its the way we are, so can't complain, but it is risky as Jackrmee said and requires a lot of homework in the player that's gonna replace him, which the club are no doubt doing.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2021 13:05]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Jake Bidwell transfer speculation increases on 13:52 - Aug 15 with 2510 viewskrunchykarrot

I think he has improved but to one footed, we are over reliant on lefties strong in the air but not good enough to get us in a position to get promoted. Coincidentally i think the same about Manning who was good last night.
Jake Bidwell transfer speculation increases on 14:02 - Aug 15 with 2473 viewsReslovenSwan1

He has one year left and club income has dropped. If he is on £11k a week he will want the same or more for his next contract. This focuses minds. Less will be offered not more. Naughton and Routledge have been realistic but not all players think like this. The club needs to find extra cash for stars Roberts and Grimes.

If he wants to run down his deal then Martin will look to the future and not pick him with younger alternatives pressing hard for starts. Take the £500,000 and bring in Laird and give the rest to Roberts and Grimes.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Jake Bidwell transfer speculation increases on 14:09 - Aug 15 with 2458 viewsjasper_T

Good left backs are hard to find.
Jake Bidwell transfer speculation increases on 16:08 - Aug 15 with 2270 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

He is a good left back and I'd even argue he is a good wing back. His crossing his excellent for someone at this level.

As we saw yesterday, our full backs are quite clearly under instruction not to cross, therefore that limits Bidwell's attacking potential with us immensely.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Jake Bidwell transfer speculation increases on 16:19 - Aug 15 with 2238 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Jake Bidwell transfer speculation increases on 16:08 - Aug 15 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

He is a good left back and I'd even argue he is a good wing back. His crossing his excellent for someone at this level.

As we saw yesterday, our full backs are quite clearly under instruction not to cross, therefore that limits Bidwell's attacking potential with us immensely.

It was as if he was under orders not to go beyond their full back in the second half. I’d be sorry to see him go, his crossing is the best at the club . Oh well we have to back the managers judgement though I’d be very sorry to see him go. If that’s the case I’d wish him the best of luck , he’s been a good servant for the club.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Jake Bidwell transfer speculation increases on 16:57 - Aug 15 with 2145 viewsmagicdaps10

With Cullen and Lowe as the strikers then I can see why the wing backs are not just pumping it into the box.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Jake Bidwell transfer speculation increases on 17:57 - Aug 15 with 2032 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Jake Bidwell transfer speculation increases on 16:57 - Aug 15 by magicdaps10

With Cullen and Lowe as the strikers then I can see why the wing backs are not just pumping it into the box.

I’m sure Piroe would bury the odd header or two

Jake Bidwell transfer speculation increases on 18:27 - Aug 15 with 1969 viewsjack247

Martin has already been backed more than most of us anticipated, sounds like more coming in by the end of the window. It’s more of a revolution than a ‘crack on with what you’ve got’ job, which is largely what Potter and Cooper had.

With that, there are going to be players that don’t fit in the managers plans. I’d be sorry to see him go, but wouldn’t be surprised by a couple of unexpected departures.
Jake Bidwell transfer speculation increases on 19:41 - Aug 15 with 1863 viewsjasper_T

Jake Bidwell transfer speculation increases on 18:27 - Aug 15 by jack247

Martin has already been backed more than most of us anticipated, sounds like more coming in by the end of the window. It’s more of a revolution than a ‘crack on with what you’ve got’ job, which is largely what Potter and Cooper had.

With that, there are going to be players that don’t fit in the managers plans. I’d be sorry to see him go, but wouldn’t be surprised by a couple of unexpected departures.

We brought in 9 players last summer. Not exactly "crack on with what you've got". Spent more money this summer, but there's less new faces so far.
Jake Bidwell transfer speculation increases on 20:07 - Aug 15 with 1792 viewsKilkennyjack

Jake Bidwell transfer speculation increases on 12:11 - Aug 15 by KeithHaynes

Dramatically improved over the two years here.

Yep … much improved.

Beware of the Risen People

Jake Bidwell transfer speculation increases on 20:14 - Aug 15 with 1774 viewsmagicdaps10

Jake Bidwell transfer speculation increases on 17:57 - Aug 15 by Brynmill_Jack

I’m sure Piroe would bury the odd header or two

I would also say that Piroe is hardly going to score many headers. The new striker that they are chasing is likely to be decent in the air aswell as handy on the deck.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Jake Bidwell transfer speculation increases on 20:44 - Aug 15 with 1689 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Jake Bidwell transfer speculation increases on 20:14 - Aug 15 by magicdaps10

I would also say that Piroe is hardly going to score many headers. The new striker that they are chasing is likely to be decent in the air aswell as handy on the deck.

He’s 6’1” - why not?

Jake Bidwell transfer speculation increases on 20:54 - Aug 15 with 1670 viewsjack247

Jake Bidwell transfer speculation increases on 19:41 - Aug 15 by jasper_T

We brought in 9 players last summer. Not exactly "crack on with what you've got". Spent more money this summer, but there's less new faces so far.

By this point we’d signed Lowe for £800k and brought in Gibbs-White, Gyokores and maybe one or two squad players on frees? Not sure when Palmer came in.

Lowe aside, the significant signings came on deadline day after selling Rodon. This summer, we’ve spent without selling so far, although Ayew is off the wages.
Jake Bidwell transfer speculation increases on 21:15 - Aug 15 with 1626 viewsjasper_T

Jake Bidwell transfer speculation increases on 20:54 - Aug 15 by jack247

By this point we’d signed Lowe for £800k and brought in Gibbs-White, Gyokores and maybe one or two squad players on frees? Not sure when Palmer came in.

Lowe aside, the significant signings came on deadline day after selling Rodon. This summer, we’ve spent without selling so far, although Ayew is off the wages.

I didn't include Palmer in the count as he was a replacement for Gibbs-White.

"By this point" is difficult to judge because everyone's timetable was so messed up last season.
Jake Bidwell transfer speculation increases on 21:44 - Aug 15 with 1581 viewsjack247

Jake Bidwell transfer speculation increases on 21:15 - Aug 15 by jasper_T

I didn't include Palmer in the count as he was a replacement for Gibbs-White.

"By this point" is difficult to judge because everyone's timetable was so messed up last season.

Yeah I worded that badly. What I meant was before we sold Rodon.
Jake Bidwell transfer speculation increases on 11:42 - Aug 17 with 1135 viewsjackrmee

When asked about Bidwell, Warnock told BBC Tees: “I think I just have to keep whatever I can to myself about the targets, I don’t like talking about players at other clubs.

“Jake is a good player but there are so many others we are looking at in that area. If Bola does det injured at the moment we have lost all the left-sided lads at the back and we need somebody in that area.

“I know Pelts can play there in a back four but not in a back five. I’ve just got to look at what there is available and try and anticipate the sort of injuries we had last year which sort of killed us.”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024