Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 10:53 - Aug 19 with 19572 viewsNotLoyal

Cardiff City’s biggest rivals are Bristol City, this is a dwarfy fact. They are their biggest rivals because Swansea aren’t anymore. The reason for this is Swansea City are by far the biggest club in Wales and are far more successful in winning proper trophy’s and in European football. Oh, and they are scared of Swansea supporters, many of whom aren’t scared of them.

This fixture is on a Friday which is nearly the weekend. For some people it is the weekend, and for others not until they finish work, people without jobs have weekends all the time.

Look carefully and you can see a naked thrapping man in one of the fields.

Bristol City v Swansea City
Friday August 20th 2021
Kick off 7.45pm
Sue Ashton’s Gate

Match Officials
Geoff is one of them.

Swansea City fans arriving late in Bristol in 2019. Swansea City allocation of 2,235 tickets for this game have sold out.

Ryan Bennett could make a return.

Bristol City: Dan Bentley (captain), Danny Simpson, Jay Dasilva, Rob Atkinson, Matty James, Chris Martin, Andreas Weimann, Cameron Pring, Tomas Kalas, Alex Scott, Han-Noah Massengo.

Substitutes: Max O’Leary, Tyreeq Bakinson, Nathan Baker, Antoine Semenyo, Nahki Wells, Andy King, Kasey Palmer.

Swansea City: Steven Benda; Joel Latibeaudiere, Brandon Cooper, Ryan Manning; Ethan Laird, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Jake Bidwell; Jamie Paterson, Liam Cullen, Joel Piroe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Jamal Lowe, Morgan Whittaker, Kyle Joseph, Yan Dhanda, Lincoln Mcfayden, Dan Williams.

Nothing to follow.

Russell Martin out thinks Nigel Pearson in a tense encounter at Ashton Gate 21st Aug 2021 08:00
Swansea City won the game of the weekend against a well drilled but dour Bristol City side in the first game of the Championship weekend LIVE on Sky TV. Russell Martin set up his depleted swans side on a counter attack initiative after a strong robins start, however it counted for nothing as the swans snatched the winning goal from Joel Piroe. 0

Swansea City fans go ballistic and Russell Martin says “There’s better to come “ 21st Aug 2021 10:41
2,300 ecstatic Swansea City fans, the travelling Jack Army and their voices boomed across Ashton Gate last night. In a tremendous show of support for Russell Martin and the swans from start to finish they were relentless in their support for their beloved club. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 (n/t) on 10:58 - Aug 19 with 6607 viewsonehunglow

Couldn't agree more

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 15:49 - Aug 19 with 6430 viewsKeithHaynes

Allocation sold out contrary to popular belief.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 17:54 - Aug 19 with 6333 views1983

Nearly 2,300 Jacks in Bristol on a friday summers evening
Just saying...

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 22:07 - Aug 19 with 6142 viewsAndyCole

The perfect stage for Martin to bounce back and show that the House Martin's building is built on solid foundations, not the flaky wishy washy variety seen to date.

We need a big showing from the backline, some pragmatic intelligence from the off or Pearson's pragmatists will scent blood, as did O'Neills. Our backline needs to be stoic not stuck sideways. Bennett is desperately needed at our heart, alongside the impressive Cooper. Cabango needs a rest, exhausted from his strains of maintaining ball possession.

Martin needs to show he's learning from his massive mistakes. And not insult our fans with his post match puerile bravado.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 22:15 - Aug 19 with 6141 viewsbuilthjack

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 17:54 - Aug 19 by 1983

Nearly 2,300 Jacks in Bristol on a friday summers evening
Just saying...

Zed cars are praying for rain.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 04:22 - Aug 20 with 6041 viewsDr_Parnassus

Hoping for a more sensible game plan in this one. We have drawn our last two outings at their place and we really don’t want to be on 1 point after 4 games.

Need a tighter back line and a more direct approach. Switch the possession from our defensive third into the attacking two thirds.

If I can see some adaptation and a bit of tactical awareness to the situation, I’ll be modestly satisfied regardless of result. If we go out and do the same thing with the same players and no doubt get the same result, I won’t be too pleased.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 07:38 - Aug 20 with 6014 viewsWhiterockin

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 04:22 - Aug 20 by Dr_Parnassus

Hoping for a more sensible game plan in this one. We have drawn our last two outings at their place and we really don’t want to be on 1 point after 4 games.

Need a tighter back line and a more direct approach. Switch the possession from our defensive third into the attacking two thirds.

If I can see some adaptation and a bit of tactical awareness to the situation, I’ll be modestly satisfied regardless of result. If we go out and do the same thing with the same players and no doubt get the same result, I won’t be too pleased.

But what if we went out with the same players with the same tactics and won?
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 10:11 - Aug 20 with 5882 viewsonehunglow

Just hoping we are less flaky and do the basics,like passing to a chum and maybe kicking the ball forward.

Why not drop Grimes the Great and see how it goes

Login to get fewer ads

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 10:12 - Aug 20 with 5892 viewsBadlands

Anyone know if this is available pn SwanTV for ST holders?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 11:43 - Aug 20 with 5788 viewssP7qupUf

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 10:12 - Aug 20 by Badlands

Anyone know if this is available pn SwanTV for ST holders?

Only in dark places I believe.
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 13:25 - Aug 20 with 5647 viewsonehunglow

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 11:43 - Aug 20 by sP7qupUf

Only in dark places I believe.

That's a tap in

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 14:06 - Aug 20 with 5610 viewsangryjack

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 10:11 - Aug 20 by onehunglow

Just hoping we are less flaky and do the basics,like passing to a chum and maybe kicking the ball forward.

Why not drop Grimes the Great and see how it goes

We are passing to feet but the problem is we all aspartic,not enough movement off ball creating space dragging players away so there's an option of better pass everybody having ball when marked so the pass then goes back where it came from and vice versa,movement got be a lot better3 at back ain't answer for me as our wide men not got runners going outside them creating space.its all played in front opposition easy for them
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 14:08 - Aug 20 with 5587 viewsonehunglow

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 14:06 - Aug 20 by angryjack

We are passing to feet but the problem is we all aspartic,not enough movement off ball creating space dragging players away so there's an option of better pass everybody having ball when marked so the pass then goes back where it came from and vice versa,movement got be a lot better3 at back ain't answer for me as our wide men not got runners going outside them creating space.its all played in front opposition easy for them

"aspartic".I had to look that up.

Interesting comments

Frankly, right now, we are in limbo land and simply thrashing about in a whirlpppo of uncertainty.

Those "supporting" Russy are simply hoping-as we all are,so in that respect,we are united.

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 14:34 - Aug 20 with 5562 viewsangryjack

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 14:08 - Aug 20 by onehunglow

Interesting comments

Frankly, right now, we are in limbo land and simply thrashing about in a whirlpppo of uncertainty.

Those "supporting" Russy are simply hoping-as we all are,so in that respect,we are united.

Static.....predictive text
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 14:34 - Aug 20 with 5561 viewsraynor94

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 14:08 - Aug 20 by onehunglow

Interesting comments

Would you prefer Cooperball back, we didn't lose very often

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 14:49 - Aug 20 with 5501 viewsonehunglow

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 14:34 - Aug 20 by raynor94

Would you prefer Cooperball back, we didn't lose very often

I detested Cooper and it was purely personal Ray.
He turned my stomach so I could not really be objective about him.

Anyway, he is history .

We don't need cooperball ,as it is called;we just need some pragmatism. Nothing wrong with that.

As I say, Russ might get it on and we'll all be loving him in 6 month time and wondering why we are insulting each other as we are now

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 15:01 - Aug 20 with 5503 viewsThornburyswan

Some chatter elsewhere that we have a touch of Covid in the camp so might mean we have a few missing.
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 16:51 - Aug 20 with 5336 views1983

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 17:18 - Aug 20 with 5288 viewsnantywatcher

Massive game from my point of view. At the moment I feel we have been stuffed with a bullshi**ing manager who wouldn't know a decent footballer if he kicked him up the arse. We seemed to have added players (Paterson,Walsh, Downes etc) in preparation for life in League 1 with not an ounce of character between them.
Bristol City rejects 1 - Swansea City rejects 3 on Saturday.
So hoping Mr. Martin can get his act together and see a Bristol City 1 - Bristol City rejects 4 scoreline tonight.
Also before and after the match a bit less of the royal "we" please from Mr. Martin.
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 17:49 - Aug 20 with 5217 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 17:18 - Aug 20 by nantywatcher

Massive game from my point of view. At the moment I feel we have been stuffed with a bullshi**ing manager who wouldn't know a decent footballer if he kicked him up the arse. We seemed to have added players (Paterson,Walsh, Downes etc) in preparation for life in League 1 with not an ounce of character between them.
Bristol City rejects 1 - Swansea City rejects 3 on Saturday.
So hoping Mr. Martin can get his act together and see a Bristol City 1 - Bristol City rejects 4 scoreline tonight.
Also before and after the match a bit less of the royal "we" please from Mr. Martin.

Another one whose true love sadly left him . Get over it and support the team

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 17:51 - Aug 20 with 5209 viewsraynor94

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 17:49 - Aug 20 by Brynmill_Jack

Another one whose true love sadly left him . Get over it and support the team

Some of the things being posted on here by our so called fans is pathetic

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 18:32 - Aug 20 with 5113 viewsBadlands

This is really being bigged up by the 'supporters' who want Martin to fail and return to Cooperball.
I think the last time we beat them away in the league was was 1989.
So obviously if we don't win tonight it will fly in the face of everything achieved over the last two seaons.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 18:47 - Aug 20 with 5062 viewsjasper_T

Struggling for defenders now.

Downes the other covid absence?
[Post edited 20 Aug 2021 18:47]
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 18:48 - Aug 20 with 5050 viewsNotLoyal

Bristol City: Dan Bentley (captain), Danny Simpson, Jay Dasilva, Rob Atkinson, Matty James, Chris Martin, Andreas Weimann, Cameron Pring, Tomas Kalas, Alex Scott, Han-Noah Massengo.

Substitutes: Max O’Leary, Tyreeq Bakinson, Nathan Baker, Antoine Semenyo, Nahki Wells, Andy King, Kasey Palmer.

Swansea City: Steven Benda; Joel Latibeaudiere, Brandon Cooper, Ryan Manning; Ethan Laird, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Jake Bidwell; Jamie Paterson, Liam Cullen, Joel Piroe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Jamal Lowe, Morgan Whittaker, Kyle Joseph, Yan Dhanda, Lincoln Mcfayden, Dan Williams.

OK I've changed it.

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 18:50 - Aug 20 with 5027 viewsNotLoyal

Scraping the barrel at the back.

OK I've changed it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024