Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser 18:21 - Sep 16 with 5474 viewsKeithHaynes

Why would you go from Swansea to Forest ?

Jordan said on talkSPORT: “You have got to ask yourself a question if you are Steve Cooper, why would you want to go from Swansea, who have been in play-offs in recent years, to Nottingham Forest. ? You show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser. "You're not paid to get somebody into the play-offs, especially a club that's been established in the Premier League for eight or nine years, and is trying to get back there, and be a bridesmaid all the time."

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 00:14 - Feb 11 with 493 viewsReslovenSwan1

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 22:51 - Feb 10 by Dr_Parnassus

It makes me shudder to think what we spent in associated costs to bring in all that nonsense in January. It should have been apportioned properly.

Kieran Freeman being a prime example of a player that really wasn’t needed at all. We needed a striker. They messed about with some commercial off season loan opportunities and got burned.

No wonder he was furious.

Championship scorers

Piroe 11 Goykeres 11.

Cooper sent Goykeres back and could have bought him . "Piroe would have made all the difference." He was not available.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 00:37 - Feb 11 with 461 viewsDr_Parnassus

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 00:14 - Feb 11 by ReslovenSwan1

Championship scorers

Piroe 11 Goykeres 11.

Cooper sent Goykeres back and could have bought him . "Piroe would have made all the difference." He was not available.

Gyokeres has scored 2 in his last 16 games. He isn’t even a nailed on starter, being on the bench half the time.

He had a 10 game purple patch in his career and done nothing of note since. Plus we don’t count things before game 12 of the season when a new club is involved, wasn’t that your rule?

Or is it just as and when it suits?

So his record this season is 2 goals not 11.

Thank goodness Cooper did not buy him. He’s clearly not good enough.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 00:38 - Feb 11 with 460 viewsDr_Parnassus

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 00:09 - Feb 11 by STID2017

What has he won in the league ?
Nothing

Around 50% of his matches.

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 00:43 - Feb 11 with 454 viewsSTID2017

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 00:38 - Feb 11 by Dr_Parnassus

Around 50% of his matches.

So that means he has failed to win around 50% of his matches, together with any trophies or promotions
As I asked, what has he actually won ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 00:48 - Feb 11 with 452 viewsDr_Parnassus

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 00:43 - Feb 11 by STID2017

So that means he has failed to win around 50% of his matches, together with any trophies or promotions

I just told you, around half of his matches.

Which is remarkable of course and one of the highest win % of any manager managing multiple seasons at this level.

Even more remarkable when you consider the transfer fees spent under his tenure.

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 01:02 - Feb 11 with 439 viewsSTID2017

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 00:48 - Feb 11 by Dr_Parnassus

I just told you, around half of his matches.

Which is remarkable of course and one of the highest win % of any manager managing multiple seasons at this level.

Even more remarkable when you consider the transfer fees spent under his tenure.

50% of his matches = 0% trophies/promotions in three seasons
Hardly a resounding endorsement of his "success"

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 01:06 - Feb 11 with 438 viewsDr_Parnassus

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 01:02 - Feb 11 by STID2017

50% of his matches = 0% trophies/promotions in three seasons
Hardly a resounding endorsement of his "success"

Trophies and promotions aren’t a marker of success if the club don’t expect those things.

What trophy did Matt Le Tissier win at Southampton? His time there was a resounding personal success.

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 01:15 - Feb 11 with 428 viewsSTID2017

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 01:06 - Feb 11 by Dr_Parnassus

Trophies and promotions aren’t a marker of success if the club don’t expect those things.

What trophy did Matt Le Tissier win at Southampton? His time there was a resounding personal success.

Whose talking about Southampton?
Swans wanted success, albeit on a shoestring.
The shareholders would have made far more money even if we went up and came straight back down.
As for Forest, they have always believed they are sleeping giants and want nothing better than to be promoted

Login to get fewer ads

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 01:22 - Feb 11 with 426 viewsDr_Parnassus

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 01:15 - Feb 11 by STID2017

Whose talking about Southampton?
Swans wanted success, albeit on a shoestring.
The shareholders would have made far more money even if we went up and came straight back down.
As for Forest, they have always believed they are sleeping giants and want nothing better than to be promoted

Me.

We are talking about football. You said you can't have success unless its trophies or promotions. I gave you one of many examples where of course you can.

Forest have not finished in the top 6 in over a decade, they were rock bottom when he took over after finishing 18th last year. If you think they expected promotion when he took over then I don't really know what to say

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 01:32 - Feb 11 with 403 viewsSTID2017

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 01:22 - Feb 11 by Dr_Parnassus

Me.

We are talking about football. You said you can't have success unless its trophies or promotions. I gave you one of many examples where of course you can.

Forest have not finished in the top 6 in over a decade, they were rock bottom when he took over after finishing 18th last year. If you think they expected promotion when he took over then I don't really know what to say

Given their current run of form, the supporters and the club will be hoping, ney, expecting promotion.
Second place is still wide open and with Forest in 6th place, it is not an unreasonable expectation for the in-form team to build on what they have achieved so far
Whilst they may not have expected it when Cooper took over, it is my belief that failure to at least seal a play off position would be seen as failure now

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 01:37 - Feb 11 with 402 viewsDr_Parnassus

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 01:32 - Feb 11 by STID2017

Given their current run of form, the supporters and the club will be hoping, ney, expecting promotion.
Second place is still wide open and with Forest in 6th place, it is not an unreasonable expectation for the in-form team to build on what they have achieved so far
Whilst they may not have expected it when Cooper took over, it is my belief that failure to at least seal a play off position would be seen as failure now

What you belief is, is irrelevant.

They are where they are because of Coopers fantastic management, they have no right to expect the play offs, automatics or any kind of promotion. Their club has done nothing in a decade.

What you are describing is a train of thought where successful people are set up to fail and unsuccessful people aren't.

For example, due to how poor we have been this season, it may be seen as success by some to just stay up or indeed finish in the top 15. Not success though is it...

Coopers spectacular results mean that people like yourself set higher and higher goals until naturally they become impossible and failure is an inevitability, or your created version of failure that is.

A bit like Usain Bolt setting records for mankind at 9.5 seconds and people saying, well if he doesn't go under 9.4 from here then that's a failure really. Its an unqualified position that holds no weight under scrutiny.

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 01:50 - Feb 11 with 394 viewsSTID2017

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 01:37 - Feb 11 by Dr_Parnassus

They are where they are because of Coopers fantastic management, they have no right to expect the play offs, automatics or any kind of promotion. Their club has done nothing in a decade.

What you are describing is a train of thought where successful people are set up to fail and unsuccessful people aren't.

For example, due to how poor we have been this season, it may be seen as success by some to just stay up or indeed finish in the top 15. Not success though is it...

Coopers spectacular results mean that people like yourself set higher and higher goals until naturally they become impossible and failure is an inevitability, or your created version of failure that is.

A bit like Usain Bolt setting records for mankind at 9.5 seconds and people saying, well if he doesn't go under 9.4 from here then that's a failure really. Its an unqualified position that holds no weight under scrutiny.

In the case of Martin, most people expressed an acceptance of a mid table finish, providing it is built upon next season.
In Cooper's case, the club may have had no great expectations of success, but football fans ( and owners) being what they are, those positions soon change if they, to use the analogy of Bullseye " Let's see what you could have won"
Fans and owners alike are fickle creatures at the best of times

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 01:56 - Feb 11 with 393 viewsDr_Parnassus

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 01:50 - Feb 11 by STID2017

In the case of Martin, most people expressed an acceptance of a mid table finish, providing it is built upon next season.
In Cooper's case, the club may have had no great expectations of success, but football fans ( and owners) being what they are, those positions soon change if they, to use the analogy of Bullseye " Let's see what you could have won"
Fans and owners alike are fickle creatures at the best of times

Top 10-12 I said would be the pass mark for Martin, I said that from the start before he arrived and it has not changed. A more than generous allowance for his first season.

But their changing targets based on the fantastic success of Cooper doesn't constitute is failure. He finished 4th with us, many thought ''oooh we can push on here lets gets someone who can take us higher''.... without realising we were already punching way above our weight anyway.

Coopers two seasons here was a resounding success, his season at Forest is a resounding success too.

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 02:18 - Feb 11 with 382 viewsSTID2017

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 01:56 - Feb 11 by Dr_Parnassus

Top 10-12 I said would be the pass mark for Martin, I said that from the start before he arrived and it has not changed. A more than generous allowance for his first season.

But their changing targets based on the fantastic success of Cooper doesn't constitute is failure. He finished 4th with us, many thought ''oooh we can push on here lets gets someone who can take us higher''.... without realising we were already punching way above our weight anyway.

Coopers two seasons here was a resounding success, his season at Forest is a resounding success too.

Cooper's 2nd season with us was not a resounding success.
He left his team lost in the wilderness of the Brentford play off final whilst he dreamed of pastures new.
Whether it was because he felt he wasn't backed by the owners or any other reasons none of us know, however is failure to get his team to remotely compete in the final will always be a failure in many supporters eyes

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 02:22 - Feb 11 with 382 viewsDr_Parnassus

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 02:18 - Feb 11 by STID2017

Cooper's 2nd season with us was not a resounding success.
He left his team lost in the wilderness of the Brentford play off final whilst he dreamed of pastures new.
Whether it was because he felt he wasn't backed by the owners or any other reasons none of us know, however is failure to get his team to remotely compete in the final will always be a failure in many supporters eyes

Of course it was a resounding success.

We finished 4th, equaled the club record points tally, improved 10 points on the season previous, and went even further in the play-offs - only losing to a team that finished above us.

Nobody in the right mind went into that season thinking we were going to get promotion after losing Brewster, Gallagher, Woodman and Rodon. People were talking about mid table with an outside chance of play offs again.

Getting to the final was a stunning achievement without a recognised striker. It was remarkable.

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 09:02 - Feb 11 with 306 viewsvetchonian

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 00:43 - Feb 11 by STID2017

Whilst this season Martin has failed to win 69% of his matches winning only 31%

Last season MArtin failed to win 61% of his matches winning only 39%

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 09:11 - Feb 11 with 302 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I wonder if people will consider Rooney to have had an unsuccessful season if he keeps Derby up but doesn't win a trophy...

I doubt it. He'll be celebrated as achieving one of the most unbelievable coaching accomplishments in English football history.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 10:23 - Feb 11 with 285 viewsSTID2017

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 09:11 - Feb 11 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I wonder if people will consider Rooney to have had an unsuccessful season if he keeps Derby up but doesn't win a trophy...

I doubt it. He'll be celebrated as achieving one of the most unbelievable coaching accomplishments in English football history.

No surprise you should comment on a team managed by an ex Man U player.
However Rooney's position is unique.
He has been handicapped by the points deduction yet seems odds on to pull off the great escape.
Like comparing eggs with cucumbers, comparing Rooney's position with Cooper's

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 10:43 - Feb 11 with 270 viewsDr_Parnassus

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 10:23 - Feb 11 by STID2017

No surprise you should comment on a team managed by an ex Man U player.
However Rooney's position is unique.
He has been handicapped by the points deduction yet seems odds on to pull off the great escape.
Like comparing eggs with cucumbers, comparing Rooney's position with Cooper's

He would still have failed to get promoted and failed to win all his games.

Must be a failure by that very definition. surely?

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 10:49 - Feb 11 with 267 viewsSTID2017

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 10:43 - Feb 11 by Dr_Parnassus

He would still have failed to get promoted and failed to win all his games.

Must be a failure by that very definition. surely?

What a wonderfully ridiculous statement.
Like the previous poster I have alluded to, you will argue black is white just to try and get your point over.
The likeness is uncanny.
Perhaps we could meet up in Merthyr one day for a pint and a chat ?
Do you still travel down on the Aberdare bus ?

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 10:54 - Feb 11 with 266 viewsDr_Parnassus

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 10:49 - Feb 11 by STID2017

What a wonderfully ridiculous statement.
Like the previous poster I have alluded to, you will argue black is white just to try and get your point over.
The likeness is uncanny.
Perhaps we could meet up in Merthyr one day for a pint and a chat ?
Do you still travel down on the Aberdare bus ?

You said Steve Cooper failed to win half his games, and failed to get promotion so he failed. You also said he did not succeed because he didn’t win any trophies or get promoted… at a club that expected neither.

This surely applies to everyone and not just when it’s convenient.

I don’t drink beer and I’m not sure I’ve ever been to Aberdare let alone travelled on a bus there, but my memory isn’t great so may have. But thanks for the offer.

What was the username you were told I had by the way? Not sure why you are frightened by that question.

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 11:02 - Feb 11 with 261 viewsSTID2017

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 10:54 - Feb 11 by Dr_Parnassus

You said Steve Cooper failed to win half his games, and failed to get promotion so he failed. You also said he did not succeed because he didn’t win any trophies or get promoted… at a club that expected neither.

This surely applies to everyone and not just when it’s convenient.

I don’t drink beer and I’m not sure I’ve ever been to Aberdare let alone travelled on a bus there, but my memory isn’t great so may have. But thanks for the offer.

What was the username you were told I had by the way? Not sure why you are frightened by that question.

May I ask a straight question in the hope that is procures a straight answer ?
How long have you been posting on here ?
Is it months or years ?
If years then i appreciate it would have been under a different name

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 11:03 - Feb 11 with 261 viewsbennytheblue

He’s a decent manager, he lifts a club and it’s players up the table, even managed success with a club on the slide by guiding you to the playoffs. Look where you are now in comparison? 10 places worse and will only possibly be saved from relegation by Derby or reading losing points. You lot are notorious whingers and moaners who probably still think you belong in the premier league.
Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 11:04 - Feb 11 with 258 viewsDr_Parnassus

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 11:02 - Feb 11 by STID2017

May I ask a straight question in the hope that is procures a straight answer ?
How long have you been posting on here ?
Is it months or years ?
If years then i appreciate it would have been under a different name

Sure you can, however it would be polite to answer my questions first.

What username are you talking about? And why have you assumed I posted under that name.

Very simple to answer.

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 11:10 - Feb 11 with 252 viewsSTID2017

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 01:37 - Feb 11 by Dr_Parnassus

My belief is no more irrelevant than your bringing Southampton into the mix

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024