Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser 18:21 - Sep 16 with 5471 viewsKeithHaynes

Why would you go from Swansea to Forest ?

Jordan said on talkSPORT: “You have got to ask yourself a question if you are Steve Cooper, why would you want to go from Swansea, who have been in play-offs in recent years, to Nottingham Forest. ? You show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser. "You're not paid to get somebody into the play-offs, especially a club that's been established in the Premier League for eight or nine years, and is trying to get back there, and be a bridesmaid all the time."

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 10:14 - Feb 10 with 714 viewsDr_Parnassus

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 10:07 - Feb 10 by KeithHaynes

It’s a rare thing, mind you when you talk as much as Simon Jordan it’s not always going to be right 😂

Holloway backtracked almost immediately, old Simon stewed on it for a while

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 10:56 - Feb 10 with 693 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Cooper has proven me wrong. He's a winner. Good luck to him in what I'm sure will be a long and successful career.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 11:24 - Feb 10 with 661 viewsonehunglow

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 10:56 - Feb 10 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Cooper has proven me wrong. He's a winner. Good luck to him in what I'm sure will be a long and successful career.

Me too.
He got out just in time and it show he is shrewd,in fact everything his successor is not.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 12:05 - Feb 10 with 636 viewsvetchonian

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 00:16 - Feb 10 by STID2017

You must be thrilled to be proved right.
When Cooper falls at the final hurdle hope you are as quick and humble to point out he isn't so great after all ?

IS this the same Cooper who in his first season managing at senior level let aloe in the Championship to his side the play off semis? With aside having lost their best scorers form teh previous season?

How does that compare with our current situation?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 12:44 - Feb 10 with 603 viewsonehunglow

It is and it doesnt

STID needs to reflect,as do we all.

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 14:05 - Feb 10 with 548 viewsReslovenSwan1

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 12:05 - Feb 10 by vetchonian

IS this the same Cooper who in his first season managing at senior level let aloe in the Championship to his side the play off semis? With aside having lost their best scorers form teh previous season?

How does that compare with our current situation?

He had Brewster on fire, Gallagher, Surridge, Wilmott Guehi Woodman Kalulu all on loan. Add to that Cabango, Ayew, van de Horn Roberts, Bidwell, Fulton Grimes scrapping into 6th was the minimum requirement.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 14:19 - Feb 10 with 534 viewsDr_Parnassus

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 14:05 - Feb 10 by ReslovenSwan1

He had Brewster on fire, Gallagher, Surridge, Wilmott Guehi Woodman Kalulu all on loan. Add to that Cabango, Ayew, van de Horn Roberts, Bidwell, Fulton Grimes scrapping into 6th was the minimum requirement.

Nonsense.

You are only using revisionism there because of how he got them playing.

Gallagher was only here half a season, Brewster has done nothing anywhere else, Woodman is now in the Championship along with Surridge and Wilmott. Amazed you have mentioned Kalulu who now plays in the French Ligue 2…

Top 10 would have been a good return. To match an experienced manager like Potter who had the likes of Dan James to help him to that finish.

Nobody was talking promotion until Cooper got a hold of us, THEN expectations started to rise. He was the victim of his own overachievements.

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 14:29 - Feb 10 with 524 viewsDr_Parnassus

The season Cooper took over, the odds for the title (and thus expected finish in order) were as follows:-

1. Leeds 5/1
2. Fulham 8/1
……………………….
3. WBA 10/1
4. Cardiff 10/1
5. Stoke 12/1
6. Boro 14/1
………………………
7. Brentford 16/1
8. Derby 16/1
9. Huddersfield 16/1
10. Forest 20/1
11. Sheff Wed 20/1
12. Swansea 20/1

Login to get fewer ads

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 14:40 - Feb 10 with 519 viewsmagicdaps10

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 11:24 - Feb 10 by onehunglow

Me too.
He got out just in time and it show he is shrewd,in fact everything his successor is not.

Can't argue that he was shrewd to get out with still 12 months left on his contract.

He certainly knew what he was doing and knew what was coming. Put himself before the club and his remaining 12 months.

No arguing what he is doing at Forest.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 14:42 - Feb 10 with 515 viewsDr_Parnassus

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 14:40 - Feb 10 by magicdaps10

Can't argue that he was shrewd to get out with still 12 months left on his contract.

He certainly knew what he was doing and knew what was coming. Put himself before the club and his remaining 12 months.

No arguing what he is doing at Forest.

Yes, he knew he could go to a club where his work was appreciated I suppose.

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 14:44 - Feb 10 with 516 viewsReslovenSwan1

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 14:29 - Feb 10 by Dr_Parnassus

The season Cooper took over, the odds for the title (and thus expected finish in order) were as follows:-

1. Leeds 5/1
2. Fulham 8/1
……………………….
3. WBA 10/1
4. Cardiff 10/1
5. Stoke 12/1
6. Boro 14/1
………………………
7. Brentford 16/1
8. Derby 16/1
9. Huddersfield 16/1
10. Forest 20/1
11. Sheff Wed 20/1
12. Swansea 20/1

Cooper had the team in a good position by Christmas then the US owners gave him cash for Guehi, Brewster and Gallagher. Two are being talked about as England players and an excellent goal scorer as well . Super elite. Add that to a couple of Welsh international and a Dutch rock at the back. They only scrappd into 6th after the Forest implosion.

Your odds do not take this into account. Are you suggesting the odds took into account signing of these three game changers ?

Sixth with these players was not great. I needed the implosion by Forest under Sabri Lamouchi. He was the saviour once as seen in this little masterpiece .

[Post edited 10 Feb 2022 14:53]

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 14:50 - Feb 10 with 509 viewsvetchonian

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 14:44 - Feb 10 by ReslovenSwan1

Cooper had the team in a good position by Christmas then the US owners gave him cash for Guehi, Brewster and Gallagher. Two are being talked about as England players and an excellent goal scorer as well . Super elite. Add that to a couple of Welsh international and a Dutch rock at the back. They only scrappd into 6th after the Forest implosion.

Your odds do not take this into account. Are you suggesting the odds took into account signing of these three game changers ?

Sixth with these players was not great. I needed the implosion by Forest under Sabri Lamouchi. He was the saviour once as seen in this little masterpiece .

Yet the more experienced Potter with Dan James, on fire McBurnie only managed what 10th?

In Coopers second season despite losing the Dutch rock at the back and also Rodon mid season went on to get to the play off final

Given both were Coopers first seasons at senior management dont you think he did well in comparison...Potter failed to get us top 6 a certain Thomas Frank with more senior level experience too 2 seasons to get any where near the play offs

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 14:54 - Feb 10 with 506 viewsDr_Parnassus

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 14:44 - Feb 10 by ReslovenSwan1

Brewster had less game time than Williams this season, for the same club.

Gallagher had no Premier League experience and was playing for Charlton towards the bottom of the Championship.

Guehi had no experience and the fans certainly didn’t take to him right away, he was eased and nurtured into it by Cooper. He barely played in season 1 for that reason.

The odds take into account the squad Cooper inherited and the likelihood of him being able to bring players in on the expected budget we could provide, which wasn’t very much - hence the loans.

Sixth was a fantastic achievement, fourth the season after was spectacular.

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 15:03 - Feb 10 with 501 viewsReslovenSwan1

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 14:50 - Feb 10 by vetchonian

Yet the more experienced Potter with Dan James, on fire McBurnie only managed what 10th?

In Coopers second season despite losing the Dutch rock at the back and also Rodon mid season went on to get to the play off final

Given both were Coopers first seasons at senior management dont you think he did well in comparison...Potter failed to get us top 6 a certain Thomas Frank with more senior level experience too 2 seasons to get any where near the play offs

Potters big mistake was the same as Huw Jenkins's mistake. He had loyalty to under performing recruitment people.

Potter has a good squad but wasted the £7m given to him by Kaplan and Levien. Asoro, McKay, Celina and john were terrible signings drummed out of the club by Cooper. He was upset when the Americans rightly vetoed Woods for £7m. (later given a free transfer by Stoke)

The US guys have put a block on Martin too. He has to prove himself before they completely change the squad. They should not be alongside Blackpool. The Hull city honeymoon lasted one game against Swansea.

Players like Toney and Dickie were available for pennies and Portter did not use the loan market either.

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 15:16 - Feb 10 with 493 viewsvetchonian

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 15:03 - Feb 10 by ReslovenSwan1

Potters big mistake was the same as Huw Jenkins's mistake. He had loyalty to under performing recruitment people.

Potter has a good squad but wasted the £7m given to him by Kaplan and Levien. Asoro, McKay, Celina and john were terrible signings drummed out of the club by Cooper. He was upset when the Americans rightly vetoed Woods for £7m. (later given a free transfer by Stoke)

The US guys have put a block on Martin too. He has to prove himself before they completely change the squad. They should not be alongside Blackpool. The Hull city honeymoon lasted one game against Swansea.

Players like Toney and Dickie were available for pennies and Portter did not use the loan market either.

Whilst Coopers forte was and is getting the best out the resources availble which is waht a good manager in any profession does!

I dont get this anti Cooper crap....hes gone now and history....he did well for us over two seasons in terms of achievement...this season he has gone on to do the same though the fat lady hasnt sung but still with no preseason and little or no dsay in recruitment has taken a team languishihng at the foot of the table to a play off spot in 6 months.

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 15:30 - Feb 10 with 458 viewsKeithHaynes

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 15:16 - Feb 10 by vetchonian

Whilst Coopers forte was and is getting the best out the resources availble which is waht a good manager in any profession does!

I dont get this anti Cooper crap....hes gone now and history....he did well for us over two seasons in terms of achievement...this season he has gone on to do the same though the fat lady hasnt sung but still with no preseason and little or no dsay in recruitment has taken a team languishihng at the foot of the table to a play off spot in 6 months.

We’ve had some great managers since arriving in the championship, and it seems they get better after they have learned at Swansea. Our friends down the road work to a completely different appointment model when it comes to managers. Whatever that is. I think the current way of appointing staff and getting players is the best we can hope for. And as Cooper has found out, failure can sometimes be seen as losing a play off final

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 15:36 - Feb 10 with 457 viewsmagicdaps10

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 15:16 - Feb 10 by vetchonian

Coopers gone!

Let's put something out there, Cooper went because he wanted and not because fans wanted him gone. Cooper wanted atleast the same backing he had the previous 2 seasons even though the parachute payments were finishing for this season.

Cooper was on the top of the wave and he forced the issue knowing that to emulate last season was highly unlikely. I really don't care how he gets on now that he gas gone but I must applaud his efforts at Forest but he was never going to achieve the same here if he stayed.

He's gone in at Forest with only one way to go with some exceptional players, sprinkled with solid championship players and experienced players thrown in also.

As I say, we'll done Mr Cooper on the job you are doing at Forest but it means diddly sqwat for Swansea City now! Why people are creaming themselves over him and using him as a stick to hit others with and compare to Martin is pointless and the fact he no longer has any association with us is something we should take on board.

What's gone is gone and has no sway on the future as we are told...... Unless it suits of course.

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 15:39 - Feb 10 with 453 viewsmagicdaps10

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 15:30 - Feb 10 by KeithHaynes

We’ve had some great managers since arriving in the championship, and it seems they get better after they have learned at Swansea. Our friends down the road work to a completely different appointment model when it comes to managers. Whatever that is. I think the current way of appointing staff and getting players is the best we can hope for. And as Cooper has found out, failure can sometimes be seen as losing a play off final

Here's a question Keith.

Cooper had 12month left on his contract, why didnt he honour it, why did he leave?

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 16:35 - Feb 10 with 426 viewsvetchonian

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 15:36 - Feb 10 by magicdaps10

Coopers gone!

Let's put something out there, Cooper went because he wanted and not because fans wanted him gone. Cooper wanted atleast the same backing he had the previous 2 seasons even though the parachute payments were finishing for this season.

Cooper was on the top of the wave and he forced the issue knowing that to emulate last season was highly unlikely. I really don't care how he gets on now that he gas gone but I must applaud his efforts at Forest but he was never going to achieve the same here if he stayed.

He's gone in at Forest with only one way to go with some exceptional players, sprinkled with solid championship players and experienced players thrown in also.

As I say, we'll done Mr Cooper on the job you are doing at Forest but it means diddly sqwat for Swansea City now! Why people are creaming themselves over him and using him as a stick to hit others with and compare to Martin is pointless and the fact he no longer has any association with us is something we should take on board.

What's gone is gone and has no sway on the future as we are told...... Unless it suits of course.

Thats what I said Cooper has gone and perhpas its time to stop talking about him

My post was in reply to Resolven who was trying to make out Cooper was a "fraud" despite the stats aying otherwise

What he did previously is diddly squat to SCFC now, just as Toshack, Bond, Appleton, Evans, Burrows, Addison, Hollins, Yorath , Flynn, Jackett, MArtinez, Rodgers, Sousa, Laudrup,MOnk,et al who all have been trooted out at some point in recent times ( ok maybe not all). References will alwsys happen

In my post I was was not intending to refer to a what if he was still here it was about challenging a post challenging his ability as a manger giving credit purely to the resources.

This whole thing ios getting crazy and maybe its time I took myself from here as it seems free speech and opinions are inly allowed if they fit with certain posters agenda anyone who veers from that is negative or worng

Start reading posts in context.....if you can

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 16:53 - Feb 10 with 414 viewsonehunglow

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 15:39 - Feb 10 by magicdaps10

Here's a question Keith.

Cooper had 12month left on his contract, why didnt he honour it, why did he leave?

How can he answer for another man. It’s not as if they are married nor even lovers .

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 17:09 - Feb 10 with 407 viewsvetchonian

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 15:36 - Feb 10 by magicdaps10

Coopers gone!

Just one more thing

You know all of this about Cooper leaving as fact?
How do you know he was sure he was unlikely to emulate his previous season?
Good managers are always preparing plans I am sure or would hope ths club was discussing strategy for the next season if promotion achieved and also if it wasnt...maybe yes Cooper felt tehe club didnt sahre the same views

Maybe the club overvalued Steve when quoting a compensation figure to an enquiring club which resulted in the enquiry not proceeding...maybe we put Palace off maybe that why Simon Jordan bad mouthed him who knows for sure
I doubt the truth will ever come out as there will no doubt be an NDA in place...these "mutual agreements" always do all we can do is speculate..and propgate the whispers

But what we do know he is history .....he got us to the final he failed but at least he failed trying!

The king is dead long live the king....

Lets see what Sunday brings....unfortuneatly doe to a prior family commitment I wont be at the ground or watching via a screen but I will be there in spirit and lets hope we win!

Its time to move on......
Dont forget though the parachute payments ended the club had a £20M windfall as a result of appearing at the playoff final which would be at or around the ampunt of parachute payment received 2020/21, and also Ayews salary was dissapearing so maybe the club could have afforded something?

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 22:13 - Feb 10 with 325 viewsDr_Parnassus

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 17:09 - Feb 10 by vetchonian

Just one more thing

You know all of this about Cooper leaving as fact?
How do you know he was sure he was unlikely to emulate his previous season?
Good managers are always preparing plans I am sure or would hope ths club was discussing strategy for the next season if promotion achieved and also if it wasnt...maybe yes Cooper felt tehe club didnt sahre the same views

Maybe the club overvalued Steve when quoting a compensation figure to an enquiring club which resulted in the enquiry not proceeding...maybe we put Palace off maybe that why Simon Jordan bad mouthed him who knows for sure
I doubt the truth will ever come out as there will no doubt be an NDA in place...these "mutual agreements" always do all we can do is speculate..and propgate the whispers

But what we do know he is history .....he got us to the final he failed but at least he failed trying!

The king is dead long live the king....

Lets see what Sunday brings....unfortuneatly doe to a prior family commitment I wont be at the ground or watching via a screen but I will be there in spirit and lets hope we win!

Its time to move on......
Dont forget though the parachute payments ended the club had a £20M windfall as a result of appearing at the playoff final which would be at or around the ampunt of parachute payment received 2020/21, and also Ayews salary was dissapearing so maybe the club could have afforded something?

Correct, if Cooper was concerned about not being able to emulate the season previous, then he would have left after the very first season.

Brewster, Gallagher, Rodon etc leaving with no money to bring in any kind of permanent striker. Then Gibbs White injured and recalled after a few games.

The parachute chatter is nonsense of course, it was going into legacy players pockets and historic owed transfer fees. Cooper directly saw about £1m a year to bring in his own players. Compared with the £7m under Potter and now nearly £6m this season.

Last time I checked Forest don’t have a parachute payment this season either, haven’t been in the play offs since 2011, took over them bottom of the league after they finished 18th last year. The revisionism regarding Forest is amusing.

We had comments upon comments at the time how he was mad to take such a difficult job on.

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 22:45 - Feb 10 with 308 viewsAndyCole

If Cooper had been gifted his prime target, Piroe, we would be in the EPL. Instead he got some sub-standard yanks - a proper kick in the teeth.

If Cooper had been gifted the level of investment Martine has had this term, we would be top 2. Without doubt.

Perspective is an art form for some, clearly. Some here simply don't get it. Or worse still simply choose to troll. Daps, Winstone, STID.......

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 22:51 - Feb 10 with 303 viewsDr_Parnassus

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 22:45 - Feb 10 by AndyCole

If Cooper had been gifted his prime target, Piroe, we would be in the EPL. Instead he got some sub-standard yanks - a proper kick in the teeth.

If Cooper had been gifted the level of investment Martine has had this term, we would be top 2. Without doubt.

Perspective is an art form for some, clearly. Some here simply don't get it. Or worse still simply choose to troll. Daps, Winstone, STID.......

It makes me shudder to think what we spent in associated costs to bring in all that nonsense in January. It should have been apportioned properly.

Kieran Freeman being a prime example of a player that really wasn’t needed at all. We needed a striker. They messed about with some commercial off season loan opportunities and got burned.

No wonder he was furious.

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 00:09 - Feb 11 with 286 viewsSTID2017

Simon Jordan - Steve Cooper is a loser on 10:56 - Feb 10 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

What has he won in the league ?
Nothing

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024