Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sarah Everad 17:01 - Sep 30 with 12301 viewsSirjohnalot

A whole life sentence is extremely rare, only used in exceptional circumstances outside sexual killers of children, targeted police, multiple murderers etc.

What this animal did was so horrific the Judge ruled he will never be released, he will die in prison. It was the only possible sentence the Judge could impose, even though the press reports are horrific they did not report on all that he did. Evil psychopaths like can never be reformed.

Evil beyond belief, whilst there may be some debate about what should happen to Katie Price, I cannot imagine, for one second what on earth his barrister could have said on his behalf.

It's really important, as I've read online, people criticising his Counsel, that he was represented, to ensure that Justice is done, to ensure the law is applied correctly. If you are instructed, you are ethicially obliged to take it on, unless you think it is beyond your capabilities, or you know one of the parties so that you cannot be impartial etc.

It is likely that it will be appealed, you would not be carrying out your job properly if you didn't , such is the exceptional sentence, but I cannot see any Court overruling it.

Sarah Everad on 17:09 - Sep 30 with 5205 viewsCatullus

I thought the concept of getting the best defence you can is to ensure that if you are found guilty is is beyond all doubt? Although that obviously isn't true in all cases. I understand that once appointed the legal rep absolutely HAS to do the best they can.

Now the sentence, me and the wife were talking this morning and said he should never be released. He used his position, his credentials, to kidnap, rape, murder (and was there torture too?) a beautiful, innocent woman.

In my book being allowed to live is too good for him but we don't have the death penalty.

I've said this before, the police are in a position of trust. We tell our kids if there's trouble they can trust the man in uniform and if these people break the laws they are supposed to uphold, the punishment should be twice what the crooks get, in my opinion.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Sarah Everad on 17:17 - Sep 30 with 5194 viewsSirjohnalot

Sarah Everad on 17:09 - Sep 30 by Catullus

I thought the concept of getting the best defence you can is to ensure that if you are found guilty is is beyond all doubt? Although that obviously isn't true in all cases. I understand that once appointed the legal rep absolutely HAS to do the best they can.

Now the sentence, me and the wife were talking this morning and said he should never be released. He used his position, his credentials, to kidnap, rape, murder (and was there torture too?) a beautiful, innocent woman.

In my book being allowed to live is too good for him but we don't have the death penalty.

I've said this before, the police are in a position of trust. We tell our kids if there's trouble they can trust the man in uniform and if these people break the laws they are supposed to uphold, the punishment should be twice what the crooks get, in my opinion.

re 'doing all you can'
It's true to an extent. If eg, a client wants to run a trial but tells you they are guilty, you cannot then cross examine a witness putting to them that they are lying or it did not happen, as you know that would be a lie as would breach so many ethical rules. You have to act 'without fear or favour' eg I've represented people who's beliefs I find abhorrent, but you are instructed and you have to represent them. Likewise, I've prosecuted cases against people I've had sympathy with, but I never get asked 'how can you prosecute someone you think is innocent ?'

I've obtained not guilty's and felt horrible driving home, It's not a nice feeling when you think a witness has been denied justice, but that's the role of the jury. I do not know what happened in case, it is not for me to Judge, but it is also right that the burden of proof has to be high, jury must be 'sure'

Being in a position of trust and breaching that is a statutory aggravating feature, so the fact that he used his position as a police officer was one of the reasons why he'll never be released. I'd imagine he may well face some form of accident or two during his stay.
Sarah Everad on 17:23 - Sep 30 with 5168 viewsonehunglow

JON
My issue with Barristers has always been a moral one. Personally,I couldn't defend ANY professional criminal nor one as appalling as this beaut. It is possible he could have walked had not legal procedures not been strictly adhered to;nothing to do with being innocent" of the crime. To advocate an appeal would turn my stomach.
I used to get very upset over IRA killers and their counsel doing their level best for full on killers.

This Kent can rot in hell -if there is one. he will die in jail;he might well top himself and I hope he has the guts to do so as long a the Prison Officers dont get into trouble.

My son in law and other serving officers have to carry the stinking burden of this piece of human sewerage every time they deal with a job.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Sarah Everad on 17:37 - Sep 30 with 5166 viewsCatullus

Sarah Everad on 17:17 - Sep 30 by Sirjohnalot

re 'doing all you can'
It's true to an extent. If eg, a client wants to run a trial but tells you they are guilty, you cannot then cross examine a witness putting to them that they are lying or it did not happen, as you know that would be a lie as would breach so many ethical rules. You have to act 'without fear or favour' eg I've represented people who's beliefs I find abhorrent, but you are instructed and you have to represent them. Likewise, I've prosecuted cases against people I've had sympathy with, but I never get asked 'how can you prosecute someone you think is innocent ?'

I've obtained not guilty's and felt horrible driving home, It's not a nice feeling when you think a witness has been denied justice, but that's the role of the jury. I do not know what happened in case, it is not for me to Judge, but it is also right that the burden of proof has to be high, jury must be 'sure'

Being in a position of trust and breaching that is a statutory aggravating feature, so the fact that he used his position as a police officer was one of the reasons why he'll never be released. I'd imagine he may well face some form of accident or two during his stay.

I'd be very surpised if he didn't have many accidents and maybe even suicide attempts.

I doubt I could ever have any sympathy for him either, no matter what happens to him.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Sarah Everad on 17:42 - Sep 30 with 5163 viewsSirjohnalot

Sarah Everad on 17:23 - Sep 30 by onehunglow

JON
My issue with Barristers has always been a moral one. Personally,I couldn't defend ANY professional criminal nor one as appalling as this beaut. It is possible he could have walked had not legal procedures not been strictly adhered to;nothing to do with being innocent" of the crime. To advocate an appeal would turn my stomach.
I used to get very upset over IRA killers and their counsel doing their level best for full on killers.

This Kent can rot in hell -if there is one. he will die in jail;he might well top himself and I hope he has the guts to do so as long a the Prison Officers dont get into trouble.

My son in law and other serving officers have to carry the stinking burden of this piece of human sewerage every time they deal with a job.

I knew a police officer who was in my local nick who used to say the same thing to me..that is until he was accused of rape, who do you think he turned to to represent him ? Me, he was acquitted after trial but not before he was suspended, front of the paper, life destroyed. Funnily enough, he never called me a scumbag lawyer again after that

It would be an appalling situation if the police eg decided on guilt and innocence, the only way that justice is seen to be done is to have both sides represented.

The very reason there are people who know the law on both sides is to ensure that the procedures are followed. Of course it is important that they are observed, that is how we get miscarriages like the Birmingham 6, Guilford 4, Craig and Bentley, Cardiff 3, Timothy Evans.

How do you know that someone is a killer ? Who do you decide is entitled to a defence ? We are all one step away from a malicious allegation to becoming the person on the front of the Daily Mail with people demanding we are hanged.

I have heard people say that this shows all police are corrupt, nonsense, but I ask you if you or your son in law eg were accused of an offence and the 'set up' evidence appeared strong, would you want someone like me who tested the evidence, questioned witnesses and police or would you want me to say 'sorry you are a full on criminal' ?

Point is, everyone should be entitled to a defence, look at Liam Allen, falsely accused, disclosure withheld by the police, it is the 'moral' barristers and Solicitors that found the truth. Horrendous allegation.

People are only killers when they've been convicted. You cannot pick and chose who is guilty, that is for a jury, not me, not the police.

I hope he kills himself, I hope he suffers a lot of pain, but that is a different argument.

The law is blind, it must take it path, appealing sentences like this is how the law evolves. Joint enterprise, dishonestly, all come from cases that are appealed.
Sarah Everad on 17:56 - Sep 30 with 5141 viewslondonlisa2001

Sarah Everad on 17:42 - Sep 30 by Sirjohnalot

I knew a police officer who was in my local nick who used to say the same thing to me..that is until he was accused of rape, who do you think he turned to to represent him ? Me, he was acquitted after trial but not before he was suspended, front of the paper, life destroyed. Funnily enough, he never called me a scumbag lawyer again after that

It would be an appalling situation if the police eg decided on guilt and innocence, the only way that justice is seen to be done is to have both sides represented.

The very reason there are people who know the law on both sides is to ensure that the procedures are followed. Of course it is important that they are observed, that is how we get miscarriages like the Birmingham 6, Guilford 4, Craig and Bentley, Cardiff 3, Timothy Evans.

How do you know that someone is a killer ? Who do you decide is entitled to a defence ? We are all one step away from a malicious allegation to becoming the person on the front of the Daily Mail with people demanding we are hanged.

I have heard people say that this shows all police are corrupt, nonsense, but I ask you if you or your son in law eg were accused of an offence and the 'set up' evidence appeared strong, would you want someone like me who tested the evidence, questioned witnesses and police or would you want me to say 'sorry you are a full on criminal' ?

Point is, everyone should be entitled to a defence, look at Liam Allen, falsely accused, disclosure withheld by the police, it is the 'moral' barristers and Solicitors that found the truth. Horrendous allegation.

People are only killers when they've been convicted. You cannot pick and chose who is guilty, that is for a jury, not me, not the police.

I hope he kills himself, I hope he suffers a lot of pain, but that is a different argument.

The law is blind, it must take it path, appealing sentences like this is how the law evolves. Joint enterprise, dishonestly, all come from cases that are appealed.

“ I hope he kills himself”.

I hope against hope that he is prevented from doing so every single time he tries and he lives as long as possible in constant fear.

The only possible outcome for this case.

Time for a full investigation into why someone with three allegations of indecent exposure against him and known as ‘the rapist’ was still a police officer.

Time for anyone involved in any sweeping under the carpet of him and others like him to lose their jobs for gross misconduct, time for Cressida Dick to resign or be sacked.

Time for procedural changes so that it is impossible for a woman to be ‘arrested’ by a lone male officer.
Time for women who refuse to be arrested by a lone male officer to be able to do so without accusation of resisting arrest.

Time for every single one of the police officers who have history of any violence against women, including domestic violence to be sacked. Time for every one of the police officers who are on that long list of sexual offenders to be sacked.

Time for the toxic culture of the Metropolitan Police to be eradicated.

No trust left. I would advise any young woman who gets stopped by the police and asked to get in a car with them to refuse to do so until a female officer is present or two other male officers.
Sarah Everad on 17:59 - Sep 30 with 5117 viewsonehunglow

Sarah Everad on 17:56 - Sep 30 by londonlisa2001

I hope against hope that he is prevented from doing so every single time he tries and he lives as long as possible in constant fear.

Time for a full investigation into why someone with three allegations of indecent exposure against him and known as ‘the rapist’ was still a police officer.

Time for anyone involved in any sweeping under the carpet of him and others like him to lose their jobs for gross misconduct, time for Cressida Dick to resign or be sacked.

Time for procedural changes so that it is impossible for a woman to be ‘arrested’ by a lone male officer.
Time for women who refuse to be arrested by a lone male officer to be able to do so without accusation of resisting arrest.

Time for every single one of the police officers who have history of any violence against women, including domestic violence to be sacked. Time for every one of the police officers who are on that long list of sexual offenders to be sacked.

No trust left. I would advise any young woman who gets stopped by the police and asked to get in a car with them to refuse to do so until a female officer is present or two other male officers.

I say that as I do not believe he should be alive today after what he did

Sarah Everad on 18:03 - Sep 30 with 5129 viewsTenbySwan

Cressida Dick should resign.
Should never have been promoted after Jean Charles de Menezes
Login to get fewer ads

Sarah Everad on 18:07 - Sep 30 with 5123 viewslondonlisa2001

Sarah Everad on 17:59 - Sep 30 by onehunglow

I say that as I do not believe he should be alive today after what he did

Easy way out for him.
Sarah Everad on 18:22 - Sep 30 with 5111 viewstheloneranger

I hope he lives a life of pain and fear - and pray he gets a "Napalm" welcome!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Sarah Everad on 18:26 - Sep 30 with 5082 viewsonehunglow

Sarah Everad on 18:07 - Sep 30 by londonlisa2001

Easy way out for him.

But he is then out of the way as he should be.

Sarah Everad on 18:28 - Sep 30 with 5100 viewsCountyJim

Sarah Everad on 18:07 - Sep 30 by londonlisa2001

Easy way out for him.

Agree Lisa , Brady wanted to die for years the prison authorities basically force feed him to stop him dying the evil man took so many secrets with him he chose not to help the victim's families

Scum
Sarah Everad on 18:46 - Sep 30 with 5084 viewswaynekerr55

Sarah Everad on 18:03 - Sep 30 by TenbySwan

Cressida Dick should resign.
Should never have been promoted after Jean Charles de Menezes

She should be dismissed. She must have some serious dirt on ministers as she's beyond reproach. I may not live inside the M25 but I've asked my MP if he feels her position is tenable.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2021 18:47]

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Sarah Everad on 19:52 - Sep 30 with 5033 viewsunion_jack

Where's Lord Longford when you need him?

No longer living thank the Lord.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Sarah Everad on 20:29 - Sep 30 with 5006 viewsSirjohnalot

https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Wayne-Couzens-Sentencing-Rem

These are the sentencing remarks.
You may not want to read it. It’s not pleasant

The last but 1 paragraph includes the judge thanking both counsel for assistance. You can’t mislead the court, you’re there to consider the law and argue on that basis. Have a look at how his barrister argued his case. Perfectly properly. His advice prevented a trial, had it not been for him, he’d have ran a trial
[Post edited 30 Sep 2021 21:08]
Sarah Everad on 20:39 - Sep 30 with 4971 viewsDr_Winston

Everyone is entitled to the best defence possible. Even a piece of shit like Couzens. I sleep happier knowing that he will spend the rest of his life behind bars after having had one.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2021 20:41]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Sarah Everad on 23:15 - Sep 30 with 4911 viewsWalterBoyd

This guy is scum.

The worrying thing is his nickname with colleaguescwas "The Rapist".

He was caught a number of times flashing, groping, only pulled lone women over in their cars, got their addresses and stalked, sat outside school 6th forms and perved. His fellow officers knew this.

If they grassed up their career would be over quicker than his.

Police unfortunately cover for each other when they see a colleague doing wrong. The consequence of grassing a colleague can be career ending. This happens in lots of jobs, but few jobs give you the level of power a police officer gets.

Its frightening.

Will it change ? Doubtful.
Sarah Everad on 00:27 - Oct 1 with 4879 viewscontroversial_jack

Nobody should get in a police car unless they are arrested. Stay in public where there are witnesses.Advice is, to remain in your own car and not get out unless you are actually arrested.
Sarah Everad on 00:34 - Oct 1 with 4872 viewsWalterBoyd

Sarah Everad on 00:27 - Oct 1 by controversial_jack

Nobody should get in a police car unless they are arrested. Stay in public where there are witnesses.Advice is, to remain in your own car and not get out unless you are actually arrested.

That is easier said than done.

I have been in back of a police car. Did nothing major wrong, if I had refused I think a different outcome.
Sarah Everad on 02:24 - Oct 1 with 4840 viewstrampie

Sarah Everad on 17:42 - Sep 30 by Sirjohnalot

How do people charged with murder afford top barristers ?, people who don't seem to have two pennies to rub together seem to have expensive lawyers are these lawyers doing it for the fame and as a form of advertising to charge big bucks to those that can afford it down the line.

Away from high profile murder cases it seems like those with money can buy justice and those without can't, a far from perfect system.

Authorities, the State and the police close ranks when it suits, lawyers are powerless against the powers that be Finucane, Hillsborough, Cardiff 3, Birmingham 6 etc, the powers that be are not interested in justice just keeping power.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Sarah Everad on 03:48 - Oct 1 with 4796 viewsDr_Parnassus

Agree with all of that, except:-

''Time for procedural changes so that it is impossible for a woman to be ‘arrested’ by a lone male officer.''

''Time for every single one of the police officers who have history of any violence against women, including domestic violence to be sacked. Time for every one of the police officers who are on that long list of sexual offenders to be sacked.''

This is a ''him'' problem, not a male problem. No point in demonising a whole sex and half the population.

If a female police officer arrested a man then beat him to death while handcuffed in the back of the police car (I bet something along those lines has happened), at no point would I ever think to ban women from arresting men.

Similar for the sacking of every officer with violence against women in their past. Why just women? Surely violence against people in general is the issue?

Men are far more at risk of violence from anyone, including police officers and would guess far more men have died in a proportion to their arrest in police custody than women? I would have to check.

Violence in the police force is a problem across the board, regardless of race, gender or sexuality. They are given power and authority that they don't know how to manage. People often wonder how the Nazi guards did what they did back in the day... but its not that difficult to make the leap.

A police officer would consider murdering someone for a broken tail light if they ran away for example, once you introduce power to someone, often rationale leaves in equal measures.

Some of the police violence in Melbourne currently for example, is utterly shocking.

Take a look at this one last week, this is occurring daily down there. Its horrific. How he is still alive is a mystery, all he was doing was standing there and talking in the middle of the day.

One witness said the man was completely calm then got slung face first into to concrete floor tiles, knocking him unconscious and they continued to handcuff him whilst in pools of his own blood and urine. When he woke up he was calling for his Mum.

These violent animals shouldn't be in the force as you say. They are an incident waiting to happen

Video there if you can stomach it.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/victoria-police-officer-suspended-as-police-in

Edit - a source I just looked at said men are 20 times more likely to be killed by a police officer than women and 12 times more likely to be the victim of random unprovoked violence. Not sure what metrics they used but that would align with the sort of figures I would have guessed too.

Violence is the problem everywhere and everyone deserves protection, I’ve never been a fan of selective protection, especially when you are leaving out the demographic that makes up most of the victims.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2021 4:49]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Sarah Everad on 07:49 - Oct 1 with 4735 viewsYrAlarch

We should also not forget that there is another set of victims in this case, namely the family of Couzens.
There is no indication or evidence that they were aware of what he had done.
As with Sarah Everard's family, they will have to live with this for the rest of their lives.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2021 10:28]
Sarah Everad on 07:54 - Oct 1 with 4728 viewsSirjohnalot

Sarah Everad on 02:24 - Oct 1 by trampie

How do people charged with murder afford top barristers ?, people who don't seem to have two pennies to rub together seem to have expensive lawyers are these lawyers doing it for the fame and as a form of advertising to charge big bucks to those that can afford it down the line.

Away from high profile murder cases it seems like those with money can buy justice and those without can't, a far from perfect system.

Authorities, the State and the police close ranks when it suits, lawyers are powerless against the powers that be Finucane, Hillsborough, Cardiff 3, Birmingham 6 etc, the powers that be are not interested in justice just keeping power.

It’s paid for via legal aid, which is as it should be. The prosecution would have a QC for something like so it’s only right that the defence should, (called equality of arms). A QC doesn’t do normal everyday cases, in order to get one on legal aid, there has to be a separate application made explaining why it’s necessary eg, I was involved in a multi handed rape where I had a QC ‘leading me’.

It’s nothing to do with advertising, we don’t prostitute ourselves out, it’s not America, we get instructed and are obliged to take the case. We cannot turn it down if we don’t like the person.
Sarah Everad on 07:57 - Oct 1 with 4720 viewsCountyJim

Just wondering if they are looking into missing women because he could have done this before and as a policeman he'd know from knowledge the best ways to depose of a body without it being found

He's just sick
Sarah Everad on 10:22 - Oct 1 with 4663 viewsonehunglow

Sarah Everad on 23:15 - Sep 30 by WalterBoyd

This guy is scum.

The worrying thing is his nickname with colleaguescwas "The Rapist".

He was caught a number of times flashing, groping, only pulled lone women over in their cars, got their addresses and stalked, sat outside school 6th forms and perved. His fellow officers knew this.

If they grassed up their career would be over quicker than his.

Police unfortunately cover for each other when they see a colleague doing wrong. The consequence of grassing a colleague can be career ending. This happens in lots of jobs, but few jobs give you the level of power a police officer gets.

Its frightening.

Will it change ? Doubtful.

That is an outrageous simplification.Police no more cover themselves than bent barristers ,accountants or surveyors. You imfer every police officer is willing to cover that up.WRONG and the fact you are able to post that unchallenged IS scary.

Right now, if I were still a serving Police Officer,I would hand in my ticket and find another career free from this.

Next time,you 're facing real trouble,you will call them .

Fact.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024