Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your earliest Christmas Swansea City memories : 14:46 - Dec 1 with 4808 viewsKeithHaynes

It could even be Swansea Town !

Mine is Boxing Day 1968. Losing at home to Chester 5-0. I was just four but recall it fairly well. Sitting on the old mans shoulders the crowd looked like it was millions ! Plenty of noise that day. I don’t remember the game itself, but do recall a game happening but the lights, noise and people had me transfixed. I was to go to the vetch again for the fa cup against Arsenal in February but the old man said it was going to be like mods and rockers 😂 he was right. It was the first time really bad football violence was witnessed at Swansea.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Your earliest Christmas Swansea City memories : on 16:47 - Dec 1 with 2387 viewsBoundy

Boxing day 1972 v Shrewsbury , losing 1-2 , my mate at the time got arrested and I tagged along for company , my dad was not best pleased.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Your earliest Christmas Swansea City memories : on 17:48 - Dec 1 with 2348 viewsOptimisticJack

1964 Semi Final defeat against Preston North End.
I was in Junior school at the time and so many of the kids in school were going up to Villa Park.
I had to be content listening to the match on the wireless.
Following season I went to the Vetch and soon afterwards had a season ticket.
My grand mother did cleaning jobs in the Vetch off and on over the years and I often received complimentary season tickets.
The season ticket book also contained tickets for the Combination League for the reserve team.
What a league that was. Standard of football amazing and very competitive.

Optimisticjack

Your earliest Christmas Swansea City memories : on 18:11 - Dec 1 with 2322 viewsNotLoyal

Ha Ha, hilarious Swans v Cardiff in the kingsway in the eighties. A game after, all good fun, Swans won. Benny, wouldn’t have liked it.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Your earliest Christmas Swansea City memories : on 18:17 - Dec 1 with 2314 viewsKeithHaynes

Your earliest Christmas Swansea City memories : on 18:11 - Dec 1 by NotLoyal

Ha Ha, hilarious Swans v Cardiff in the kingsway in the eighties. A game after, all good fun, Swans won. Benny, wouldn’t have liked it.

That was 1987, do you have Christmas in April in your house ?

Your earliest Christmas Swansea City memories : on 21:38 - Dec 1 with 2229 viewsFireboy2

My earliest memory is the 2 - 2 draw nyd 1988, Joe Allons overhead goal.
Your earliest Christmas Swansea City memories : on 21:40 - Dec 1 with 2222 viewsKeithHaynes

Your earliest Christmas Swansea City memories : on 21:38 - Dec 1 by Fireboy2

My earliest memory is the 2 - 2 draw nyd 1988, Joe Allons overhead goal.

You young wippa snappa ✊

Your earliest Christmas Swansea City memories : on 21:45 - Dec 1 with 2219 viewsFireboy2

Your earliest Christmas Swansea City memories : on 21:40 - Dec 1 by KeithHaynes

You young wippa snappa ✊

Not really k, I was 18, I was molly coddled by my mam 🤨
Your earliest Christmas Swansea City memories : on 22:07 - Dec 1 with 2199 viewsmajorraglan

Listening to the Cardiff City V Swansea City Derby on the radio back in 1980. It was the Cardiff Fity 3 Swansea City 3 game where Buchanan equalised at the end of the match. A few years later got to go in person and we’d normally take in a rugby match afterwards.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2021 22:08]
Login to get fewer ads

Your earliest Christmas Swansea City memories : on 22:17 - Dec 1 with 2185 viewspencoedjack

I can barely remember last Saturdays game never mind the early eighties.

Although I used to love a Boxing Day Derby game.
Your earliest Christmas Swansea City memories : on 22:41 - Dec 1 with 2156 viewsbennytheblue

Your earliest Christmas Swansea City memories : on 22:17 - Dec 1 by pencoedjack

Why ? You haven’t won one since 1964!
Your earliest Christmas Swansea City memories : on 23:49 - Dec 1 with 2143 viewslifelong

Your earliest Christmas Swansea City memories : on 17:48 - Dec 1 by OptimisticJack

1964 Semi Final defeat against Preston North End.
I was in Junior school at the time and so many of the kids in school were going up to Villa Park.
I had to be content listening to the match on the wireless.
Following season I went to the Vetch and soon afterwards had a season ticket.
My grand mother did cleaning jobs in the Vetch off and on over the years and I often received complimentary season tickets.
The season ticket book also contained tickets for the Combination League for the reserve team.
What a league that was. Standard of football amazing and very competitive.

Was at that semi final, bad day all round, hammered down with rain all day, pitch was a mud bath.

Also went to the 4th and 5th round matches away against Sheffield United and Stoke also the replays at the Vetch. Gutted I couldn’t get a ticket for the quarter final against Liverpool away which we historically won 1-2 with Liverpool missing a penalty in the closing stages,
Your earliest Christmas Swansea City memories : on 19:44 - Dec 2 with 1931 viewsbuilthjack

The earliest I can remember around Xmas time was the home game in 1971 when we played Villa in the old third division. 24000 official attendance, but more like 30000 in there as they had to open the gates and thousands got in for nothing, us included.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Your earliest Christmas Swansea City memories : on 20:07 - Dec 2 with 1927 viewsFlashberryjack

Your earliest Christmas Swansea City memories : on 22:17 - Dec 1 by pencoedjack

Same here mate, can be a bit annoying at times.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Your earliest Christmas Swansea City memories : on 21:07 - Dec 2 with 1907 viewsFireboy2

Your earliest Christmas Swansea City memories : on 19:44 - Dec 2 by builthjack

The earliest I can remember around Xmas time was the home game in 1971 when we played Villa in the old third division. 24000 official attendance, but more like 30000 in there as they had to open the gates and thousands got in for nothing, us included.

Not like you being a freeloader
Your earliest Christmas Swansea City memories : on 23:10 - Dec 2 with 1854 viewsbuilthjack

Your earliest Christmas Swansea City memories : on 21:07 - Dec 2 by Fireboy2

Not like you being a freeloader

I spent my money on bovril and a pastie lol.
Cheeky sod.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Your earliest Christmas Swansea City memories : on 15:38 - Dec 3 with 1769 viewsmax936

Your earliest Christmas Swansea City memories : on 19:44 - Dec 2 by builthjack

How old was you then Builthy, I was 10 and that's pretty much all I can remember of 1971.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Your earliest Christmas Swansea City memories : on 17:29 - Dec 3 with 1739 viewspencoedjack

Your earliest Christmas Swansea City memories : on 20:07 - Dec 2 by Flashberryjack

Same here mate, can be a bit annoying at times.

Can people really remember back to Boxing day in the 60's & 70's or do you think they are talking b0llocks?
Your earliest Christmas Swansea City memories : on 17:35 - Dec 3 with 1734 viewsTreforys_Jack

Your earliest Christmas Swansea City memories : on 17:29 - Dec 3 by pencoedjack

Can people really remember back to Boxing day in the 60's & 70's or do you think they are talking b0llocks?

I genuinely have very little memories of Xmas games, think I remember a game at Cardiff when Ian Love broke his leg. Sure that was over Xmas/NY
Your earliest Christmas Swansea City memories : on 17:37 - Dec 3 with 1734 viewsCatullus

I remember being at games in 1972/73 when I was 4/5 but I have no idea of more specific dates or who we played...or the results.

I do remember always nagging to go home because I was bored!

I don't remember boxing day games in the last couple of years let alone 30 years back.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Your earliest Christmas Swansea City memories : on 20:10 - Dec 3 with 1691 viewsswan65split

Chester one I recall as well, had a chat and a drink with one of their players after the game, I then went to a family party and had a ribbing over the result.
Your earliest Christmas Swansea City memories : on 13:42 - Dec 4 with 1576 viewsWhiterockin

Yes I can remember the Chester game. I genuinely believed at the time that all our players were still drunk at the kick off.
Your earliest Christmas Swansea City memories : on 14:01 - Dec 4 with 1557 viewsCatullus

Your earliest Christmas Swansea City memories : on 13:42 - Dec 4 by Whiterockin

Yes I can remember the Chester game. I genuinely believed at the time that all our players were still drunk at the kick off.

My earliest Christmas memory of any kind is 1979, I was 12.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Your earliest Christmas Swansea City memories : on 14:14 - Dec 4 with 1539 viewsKeithHaynes

I can remember further back than that.
One of my few qualities is clear and concise recall 😉

And the fact I’m a complete ....

Your earliest Christmas Swansea City memories : on 14:20 - Dec 4 with 1530 viewsKeithHaynes

Your earliest Christmas Swansea City memories : on 22:41 - Dec 1 by bennytheblue

Why ? You haven’t won one since 1964!

Cardiff have never beaten the Swans on New Year’s Day.

Your earliest Christmas Swansea City memories : on 14:26 - Dec 4 with 1521 viewsKeithHaynes

And Cardiff have only beaten the Swans 7 times in the last 40 games.
Want some more 😉

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024