Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russia invade Ukraine 14:17 - Dec 23 with 152306 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Discuss.

Also why is Putin always described in the media as this rugged strongman? He’s barely five foot tall with his high heels on.

But that’s another debate.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Russia invade Ukraine on 03:21 - Feb 27 with 1108 viewsAjack_Kerouac

"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid" - "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it"

Russia invade Ukraine on 07:18 - Feb 27 with 1059 viewsKilkennyjack

Russia invade Ukraine on 01:27 - Feb 27 by Treforys_Jack

Are you Welsh, Irish or a mongrel like the rest of us.

I could be Somalian, why would it matter to you ?

Beware of the Risen People

Russia invade Ukraine on 09:38 - Feb 27 with 1020 viewsCatullus

Russia invade Ukraine on 11:00 - Feb 26 by Kilkennyjack

Yet Patel has refused to give Ukrainian women and children refugees visas. Basically blocking them from the UK. EU countries are compassionate. UK are nasty racist unts (Brexit Loons)

EU countries are compassionate? IS that why they initially did next to nothing. Why Germany is so against chucking Russia out of SWIFT and Macron was happy to just give Ukraine to Russia? The eastern EU states have done plenty but the most powerful members, France and Germany, they just put their needs first. They have come around now but only because of pressure from other countries.

Now we need our government to raise the game further and provide an easy and safe route for any Ukrainians to come here. There will be a lot of kids who need somewhere safe to go while their parents are fighting.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Russia invade Ukraine on 09:46 - Feb 27 with 1010 viewsKilkennyjack

Russia invade Ukraine on 09:38 - Feb 27 by Catullus

EU countries are compassionate? IS that why they initially did next to nothing. Why Germany is so against chucking Russia out of SWIFT and Macron was happy to just give Ukraine to Russia? The eastern EU states have done plenty but the most powerful members, France and Germany, they just put their needs first. They have come around now but only because of pressure from other countries.

Now we need our government to raise the game further and provide an easy and safe route for any Ukrainians to come here. There will be a lot of kids who need somewhere safe to go while their parents are fighting.

Take your blinkers off mun ffs ….

Holding up the union jack by itself does not make you right on all matters.
You seem to think that is the case.

Russia invade Ukraine on 10:10 - Feb 27 with 995 viewsTreforys_Jack

Russia invade Ukraine on 07:18 - Feb 27 by Kilkennyjack

I could be Somalian, why would it matter to you ?

Because you are a complete xenophobe, and trying to understand your reasoning for despising anything English or British.
Russia invade Ukraine on 10:55 - Feb 27 with 967 viewsProfessor

Russia invade Ukraine on 19:38 - Feb 26 by Dr_Winston

Absolutely. Or at least, have the capacity to do so if needed.

We need to secure our own energy supplies as much as possible. Be that nuclear, renewable or whatever. After that comes food and steel. Forming/Maintaining good working relationships with India and Africa as a potential manufacturing base would also work.

The Chinese have already worked out that they won't be the sweatshop of the World forever, just as the UK wasn't the longer the Industrial Revolution went on. They've already made huge inroads into securing their own outsourcing.

Correct on many levels. China has been outsourcing to Africa for more than a decade. Building infrastructure in return for cheap labour (which is still easier than the life of the pastoralist farmer). Saw a huge industrial park grow up in Bishoftuu where we had our lab in Ethiopia. The follow on was Commercial farms to supply a workforce who had until then grown their own or sold to market. Same thing in Latin America. The complete drive to market forces killed industry in favour of finance and the service sector. We rely on others for everything. We have sold our utilities. At least the French make their own cars, planes, trains and energy and rely less on food imports.
Russia invade Ukraine on 11:06 - Feb 27 with 955 viewsKilkennyjack

Russia invade Ukraine on 10:10 - Feb 27 by Treforys_Jack

Because you are a complete xenophobe, and trying to understand your reasoning for despising anything English or British.

Not at all.

You are as thick as a dockers sandwich though, i would not try too hard to analyse other posters though. Its not going to end well for you. 🤡

Russia invade Ukraine on 11:15 - Feb 27 with 951 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Russia invade Ukraine on 16:39 - Feb 26 by Dr_Winston

Germany's decision to shut down most of its nuclear reactors in order to depend upon Russian energy sources is looking increasingly idiotic. Their reaction to the invasion has been half hearted at best.

The start of Covid showed the errors behind global supply chains, be it for energy or for goods. The UK Govt has to take steps to become as self sufficient in as many critical areas as possible.

Hopefully we will see some more balanced thinking in coming years. For example, a country needs its own steel industry and therefore a supply of coal. The outcry from the politically affected when it was suggested that we maintain a small coal industry was indicative of how some sections of society no longer understand issues of national security. A nations security is always the first priority, our armed forces are depleted and our critical infrastructure fragmented at present. We are not alone most of Western Europe has similar issues and the German / Italian gas dependency is the tip of the iceberg.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Login to get fewer ads

Russia invade Ukraine on 11:27 - Feb 27 with 942 viewsCatullus

Russia invade Ukraine on 09:46 - Feb 27 by Kilkennyjack

Take your blinkers off mun ffs ….

Holding up the union jack by itself does not make you right on all matters.
You seem to think that is the case.

I didn't hold up the Union Jack, I pointed out the EU countries weren't as compassionate as you like to think, not until the pressure made them change tack.

When we were already sending materiel to Ukraine, Germany blocked NATO doing the same and also stopped the EU putting harsher sanctions in, why? Because they are too tied into Russia.

The UK is not the only country that has made awful decisions but the Uk is the only country you want to criticise.
What is your opinion of Macrons attempt to "Finlandize" the Ukraine and essentially hand them to Russia on a plate?

Besides which, its not about me being right, it's just very much about you being wrong, again.
The UK can undoubtedly do more but we were helping Ukraine when the EU were still arguing about it and Macron was trying to appease Putin. Mind you, you yourself appeared happy to appease Putin too.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Russia invade Ukraine on 11:30 - Feb 27 with 934 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Russia invade Ukraine on 22:00 - Feb 26 by majorraglan

Agree about loads of the points you make, the last few years have shown that we need to be self sufficient in certain areas. The concern I have is that we have had a succession of governments who either don't want to make the big calls and invest or want to leave it to “market forces” which isn’t good enough. Security of energy supply is crucial and our 2 new nuclear power stations are owned by the French and Chinese!
Was talking to someone over the last week about solar and the poor feed in tariffs paid to the public for generating electric and putting it back in to the grid. I was stunned to hear tariffs were being kept low because the national grid would struggle to cope! I was told the NG needed investment, but National Grid didn’t want to at pay for the work, neither did HMG and neither do the local power distribution companies! With the dive towards electric cars etc, we need to be able to generate and deliver far more electricity and it seems there’s no appetite to improve the infrastructure. It’s madness.

Sorry, Solar is not "improving the infrastructure", it just makes the grid less stable.
Balancing the Grid cost UK Electricity users £2.6Billion in 2021.
Money that is not required to be spent when Intermittent Energy production is not used.
This is on top of the massive subsidies to those same suppliers and the extra Carbon tax on Gas & Coal produced energy.
Going Green is costing us energy users a lot of money, some can ill afford to pay it.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2022 11:33]
Russia invade Ukraine on 11:33 - Feb 27 with 933 viewsTreforys_Jack

Russia invade Ukraine on 11:06 - Feb 27 by Kilkennyjack

Not at all.

You are as thick as a dockers sandwich though, i would not try too hard to analyse other posters though. Its not going to end well for you. 🤡

Why's that then tough guy. Personal insults always and I mean always imply you're struggling. You're a xenophobe, own it.
Russia invade Ukraine on 11:34 - Feb 27 with 932 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Russia invade Ukraine on 11:15 - Feb 27 by JACKMANANDBOY

Hopefully we will see some more balanced thinking in coming years. For example, a country needs its own steel industry and therefore a supply of coal. The outcry from the politically affected when it was suggested that we maintain a small coal industry was indicative of how some sections of society no longer understand issues of national security. A nations security is always the first priority, our armed forces are depleted and our critical infrastructure fragmented at present. We are not alone most of Western Europe has similar issues and the German / Italian gas dependency is the tip of the iceberg.

Germany has just announced 100 billion euro investment in its armed forces in 2022, we will need to do something similar. This will cost us all.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Russia invade Ukraine on 11:40 - Feb 27 with 928 viewsCatullus

Russia invade Ukraine on 11:30 - Feb 27 by A_Fans_Dad

Sorry, Solar is not "improving the infrastructure", it just makes the grid less stable.
Balancing the Grid cost UK Electricity users £2.6Billion in 2021.
Money that is not required to be spent when Intermittent Energy production is not used.
This is on top of the massive subsidies to those same suppliers and the extra Carbon tax on Gas & Coal produced energy.
Going Green is costing us energy users a lot of money, some can ill afford to pay it.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2022 11:33]

You have said that before and I totally agree that we need stable back up, Nuclear power stations probably. it doesn't mean we can't have a vast majority of our electricity supplied by sustainable means when the conditions are right.

I'm not a massive fan of wind farms but Solar and tidal are guaranteed returns and that breakthrough in solar cells means we could cover massive areas and hardly even notice, we can even put them on windows, on cars, on the roof and walls. As the technology advances the need for back up will lessen.

The problem is we have been destroying our planet for a long time and the damage is still happening more quickly than the science to help the planet is advancing.

Russia invade Ukraine on 11:55 - Feb 27 with 917 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Russia invade Ukraine on 11:33 - Feb 27 by Treforys_Jack

Why's that then tough guy. Personal insults always and I mean always imply you're struggling. You're a xenophobe, own it.

It is terrifying how many Welsh and British people have so much genuine hatred in their hearts for these islands they support the enemy and want us to fail.

If we were to be forced into a war they should bring back internment camps for these people as they’d be the first ones sneaking around in the dark passing information onto the enemy soldiers.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2022 11:56]
Russia invade Ukraine on 12:07 - Feb 27 with 899 viewstrampie

Russia invade Ukraine on 11:33 - Feb 27 by Treforys_Jack

I think you are the xenophobe not Kilkenny.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Russia invade Ukraine on 12:08 - Feb 27 with 895 viewstrampie

Russia invade Ukraine on 11:55 - Feb 27 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

It is terrifying how many Welsh and British people have so much genuine hatred in their hearts for these islands they support the enemy and want us to fail.

If we were to be forced into a war they should bring back internment camps for these people as they’d be the first ones sneaking around in the dark passing information onto the enemy soldiers.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2022 11:56]

Interment camps for 'true Britons' or for Germanic types ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Russia invade Ukraine on 12:31 - Feb 27 with 871 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Russia invade Ukraine on 12:08 - Feb 27 by trampie

Interment camps for 'true Britons' or for Germanic types ?

Not relevant. Just for people who actively want this country to fail.
Russia invade Ukraine on 12:47 - Feb 27 with 849 viewstrampie

Russia invade Ukraine on 12:31 - Feb 27 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

Not relevant. Just for people who actively want this country to fail.

People that put the interests of a foreign power before our own interests need to be closely monitored.

Russia invade Ukraine on 13:05 - Feb 27 with 838 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Russia invade Ukraine on 12:47 - Feb 27 by trampie

People that put the interests of a foreign power before our own interests need to be closely monitored.

Yes you do.
Russia invade Ukraine on 13:08 - Feb 27 with 837 viewsProfessor

Russia invade Ukraine on 11:34 - Feb 27 by JACKMANANDBOY

Germany has just announced 100 billion euro investment in its armed forces in 2022, we will need to do something similar. This will cost us all.

Inevitable. 48 F35s barely meets the FAA needs for carrier wings let alone RAF strike capacity. Taking AFVs (Warrior) out of service when the replacement Ajax is not currently fit for purpose. Air power based on expensive and sophisticated aircraft that leave overall capacity short (such as a lower cost light fighter that could cover patrol, training and air support roles).

Perhaps getting someone with a military background rather than a subscription to ‘Wired” magazine to lead strategy and future spending. We will have to spend more. There is no doubt. Would be nice to think U.K. companies could provide the solutions .
Russia invade Ukraine on 13:12 - Feb 27 with 825 viewstrampie

Russia invade Ukraine on 13:05 - Feb 27 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

Yes you do.

I don't put the interests of a foreign power before my country, a starting point is mixed nationalities in somebody's family tree, there are no mixed nationalities in my background.

Russia invade Ukraine on 13:18 - Feb 27 with 809 viewsDr_Winston

Let's be honest, if Kilks and Tramps were American they'd be marching with the Proud Boys. Same basic philosophy.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Russia invade Ukraine on 13:28 - Feb 27 with 795 viewstrampie

Russia invade Ukraine on 13:18 - Feb 27 by Dr_Winston

Let's be honest, if Kilks and Tramps were American they'd be marching with the Proud Boys. Same basic philosophy.

Proud boys is more your territory Dr Watson, far right wing, Kilkenny and myself are often described as being on the left.

Russia invade Ukraine on 13:37 - Feb 27 with 784 viewsJack123

Just came on the news, Putin has put his nuclear deterrent on high alert after aggressive actions by Nato and the west.. Got a feeling this is going to get real nasty.

libera nos a malo

Russia invade Ukraine on 13:39 - Feb 27 with 770 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Russia invade Ukraine on 11:34 - Feb 27 by JACKMANANDBOY

Yes Germany has announced it is increasing it's spending on armed forces to 2% of GDP which only meets the minimum 2% that NATO asks it's members to spend. The UK spent 2.3% in 2019.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024