Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? 16:58 - Jan 28 with 5715 viewsReslovenSwan1

Pato is on 22 games. At 25 games a new deal automatically kicks in. What happens next?

a) Pato tells Martin he wants more money and he is not playing again until he gets it.

b) Pato plays 25+ and asks for an upgraded deal.

c) Pato gets his head down and fulfills his contract.

My opinion.
I put it to you the early extension of the deal is irrelevant because Pato might have already opted for option a). I believe Pato might have told Martin w he was not playing any more games.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 21:40 - Jan 29 with 1164 viewsChief

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 21:36 - Jan 29 by ReslovenSwan1

Take it up with Winter in the next open dialogue. It was a management decision to assist in cash flow considerations. Fans are not required to micro manage Swansea city.

But you condone that decision despite it meaning the club's own funds going to an Australian company?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 21:52 - Jan 29 with 1145 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 21:40 - Jan 29 by Chief

But you condone that decision despite it meaning the club's own funds going to an Australian company?

Why not? Its everyday business for a service to help run the club. I trust Mr Winters to do his job well.

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 21:54 - Jan 29 with 1141 viewsChief

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 21:52 - Jan 29 by ReslovenSwan1

Why not? Its everyday business for a service to help run the club. I trust Mr Winters to do his job well.

Haha how can you type that with a straight face?

Unbelievable hypocrisy.

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 22:11 - Jan 29 with 1118 viewsCatullus

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 15:58 - Jan 29 by ReslovenSwan1

Pato is under contract to play football. Players buying out their contract happens at higher levels. I do not expect this to happen. Pato cannot play for anyone else until Summer 2023 without his contract at Swansea being settled. Do you understand?

I expect him to get sold before Monday. He will not go for free. Swansea want cash for a good player who is seriously unreliable. They already have low cash offers reportedly.

You will note I do not criticise other posters. I have simply noted this issue is subtle and its elements lost on many.

How many players have bought out their contracts then? A handful, it rarely happens.

You were the one who suggested the Swans would buy out his deal, it's obviously a very silly suggestion and now you are saying the opposite? Leave the windows alone for petes sake!

He is refusing to play, there is nothing subtle in that. I will note that you do criticise others and indeed you did criticise my opinion so I responded in kind. You get what you give on here.

Read your own posts back and realise you have contradicted yourself and made silly suggestions.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 08:22 - Jan 30 with 1053 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 22:11 - Jan 29 by Catullus

How many players have bought out their contracts then? A handful, it rarely happens.

You were the one who suggested the Swans would buy out his deal, it's obviously a very silly suggestion and now you are saying the opposite? Leave the windows alone for petes sake!

He is refusing to play, there is nothing subtle in that. I will note that you do criticise others and indeed you did criticise my opinion so I responded in kind. You get what you give on here.

Read your own posts back and realise you have contradicted yourself and made silly suggestions.

You do not understand the basics I am afraid, I never suggested Swans would buy out his deal. They already have a deal to 2023. That makes no sense.

Pato might be able to buy himself out of his deal according to FIFA regulations but it appears he is too old. It is rarely used but Pato's case is rare as well.

This is the regulation in brackets

[Article 17 of FIFA's Regulations for the Status and Transfer of Players is entitled "Consequences of Terminating a Contract Without Just Cause", and is the fifth article of Chapter IV, "Maintenance of Contractual Stability between Professionals and Clubs". It outlines the provisions which apply if a contract is terminated without just cause, and the requirement for the party in breach to pay compensation.]

Nothing silly about it. It is subtle and far to subtle for you I am afraid. The early activation of the contract did not cause this problem.

You comment about window is lost on me.

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 17:13 - Jan 30 with 1009 viewsCatullus

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 08:22 - Jan 30 by ReslovenSwan1

You do not understand the basics I am afraid, I never suggested Swans would buy out his deal. They already have a deal to 2023. That makes no sense.

Pato might be able to buy himself out of his deal according to FIFA regulations but it appears he is too old. It is rarely used but Pato's case is rare as well.

This is the regulation in brackets

[Article 17 of FIFA's Regulations for the Status and Transfer of Players is entitled "Consequences of Terminating a Contract Without Just Cause", and is the fifth article of Chapter IV, "Maintenance of Contractual Stability between Professionals and Clubs". It outlines the provisions which apply if a contract is terminated without just cause, and the requirement for the party in breach to pay compensation.]

Nothing silly about it. It is subtle and far to subtle for you I am afraid. The early activation of the contract did not cause this problem.

You comment about window is lost on me.

I'll say it again, it makes no sense that Pato would even consider buying out his contract, article 17,
Civil responsibility of Players under Article 17
Besides sporting sanctions that can be imposed when breach was occurred during protected period,
Player bears responsibility to compensate the aggrieved party, i.e. Club, all damages caused by Player’s
violation of pacta sunt servanda principle and his premature termination of the contract.

Pato would also be in breach of article 13. He could face sanctions for his actions, he wouldn't do it.

You did say they could cancel his contract, again, why would that make any sense? Allow him to leave on a free so another club could sign him straight away, no, it wouldn't happen. If he foes, it's for a fee or not at all.
It's yet more of your imaginings. And on that I'm out, it's enough of your tomfoolery.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 17:57 - Jan 30 with 985 viewsjack_lord

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 17:13 - Jan 30 by Catullus

I'll say it again, it makes no sense that Pato would even consider buying out his contract, article 17,
Civil responsibility of Players under Article 17
Besides sporting sanctions that can be imposed when breach was occurred during protected period,
Player bears responsibility to compensate the aggrieved party, i.e. Club, all damages caused by Player’s
violation of pacta sunt servanda principle and his premature termination of the contract.

Pato would also be in breach of article 13. He could face sanctions for his actions, he wouldn't do it.

You did say they could cancel his contract, again, why would that make any sense? Allow him to leave on a free so another club could sign him straight away, no, it wouldn't happen. If he foes, it's for a fee or not at all.
It's yet more of your imaginings. And on that I'm out, it's enough of your tomfoolery.

He's already told you that you don't understand the basics mun!

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 18:26 - Jan 30 with 961 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 17:57 - Jan 30 by jack_lord

He's already told you that you don't understand the basics mun!

He is an experienced forum 'old pro' like Chief that create heat but no light. The objective of posts is to discredit other posters not provide information and knowledge.

He says Swansea will have big problem if he is not sold. ("It is a huge risk") I tell him they would not have a problem as they can cancel his contract if worst comes to worst. That is what he wants.

I explain if the club want to play very hard ball they could stop him playing and make him buy out his contract. He then say that is a silly proposal of mine. It is not my proposal but it is one of Pato's declining number of options. Regulation suggest he is too old for this and he needs to be paid 3 x his current salary to make it worthwhile.

A lot off forum old pros on here that twist and turn and impress those less able.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2022 18:36]

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 18:58 - Jan 30 with 920 viewsguthrieintherain

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 18:26 - Jan 30 by ReslovenSwan1

He is an experienced forum 'old pro' like Chief that create heat but no light. The objective of posts is to discredit other posters not provide information and knowledge.

He says Swansea will have big problem if he is not sold. ("It is a huge risk") I tell him they would not have a problem as they can cancel his contract if worst comes to worst. That is what he wants.

I explain if the club want to play very hard ball they could stop him playing and make him buy out his contract. He then say that is a silly proposal of mine. It is not my proposal but it is one of Pato's declining number of options. Regulation suggest he is too old for this and he needs to be paid 3 x his current salary to make it worthwhile.

A lot off forum old pros on here that twist and turn and impress those less able.

There are only 2 possibilities.

1 He gets sold my guess is about 500k if we are lucky.
2 He stays knuckles down and honours his contract.

My money is on number 1 Patterson is stropping because he thinks we should give him a pay rise.

Hope he goes personally.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 22:49 - Jan 30 with 862 viewsChief

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 18:26 - Jan 30 by ReslovenSwan1

Resloven 29/01/22: "You will note I do not criticise other posters."

Resloven 30/01/22: "You do not understand the basics"

It's not exactly difficult to discredit you Resloven.

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 09:41 - Jan 31 with 808 viewsmagicdaps10

Today transfer window day!

Paterson will be sold, club will say that it was done so late that they didn't have time to replace him.

Will end with, we are happy with our business.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 09:48 - Jan 31 with 794 viewspete

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 09:41 - Jan 31 by magicdaps10

Paterson will be sold, club will say that it was done so late that they didn't have time to replace him.

As its looking you could be correct, same happened with Potter, Cooper and now Martin what on earth does it say to the fans who spend their hard earned cash ( Pension in my case lol) BUT lets hope we are wrong and 4 or 5 come in we go on a run to the play offs and then you never know, NEEDS a LOT to happen today tho
Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 09:50 - Jan 31 with 782 viewsonehunglow

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 09:48 - Jan 31 by pete

As its looking you could be correct, same happened with Potter, Cooper and now Martin what on earth does it say to the fans who spend their hard earned cash ( Pension in my case lol) BUT lets hope we are wrong and 4 or 5 come in we go on a run to the play offs and then you never know, NEEDS a LOT to happen today tho

But we have history of not doing much last day.

Patio is a bad debt .

If not sold ,he will hang around and stink the place out.

Unless our fans forgive him

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 10:07 - Jan 31 with 765 viewspete

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 09:50 - Jan 31 by onehunglow

But we have history of not doing much last day.

Patio is a bad debt .

If not sold ,he will hang around and stink the place out.

Unless our fans forgive him

you are right, because of broken fax machines people got lost paper work late these are a few of the reasons given in the past lol if these owners would invest just a bit of new money we would be up there am sure but the next level they promised is a hell of a long way away
Am hoping they prove me wrong today
Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 10:36 - Jan 31 with 731 viewsonehunglow

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 10:07 - Jan 31 by pete

you are right, because of broken fax machines people got lost paper work late these are a few of the reasons given in the past lol if these owners would invest just a bit of new money we would be up there am sure but the next level they promised is a hell of a long way away
Am hoping they prove me wrong today

Why leave things till last minute.
I asked this a while back and got peters .Some actually prefer us to scrap around last day of window

Clearly,there is no plan at our club.
Martin has admitted developing players for other clubs .
Should not others be doing that for us ?

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 10:45 - Jan 31 with 728 viewsGixerJack

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 09:41 - Jan 31 by magicdaps10

I disagree, I think it’s going to be: Pato and the owners have sorted out the issues and he’s back with the first team squad… I’m happy with that coz it’s like having a new signing.

We’ve brought in Cy, Wolfie, Finie and Fishy with Kylie returning from a successful loan stint which will strengthen the squad for the run in and get us moving up the table.

On top of that we’ve been able to arrange a few of the lads to go on loan to get minutes on the pitch which will stand us in good stead for next season.

On the whole it’s been a good window and we’re happy with the work we’ve done.

Or something along those lines.

For the avoidance of doubt I’m being sarcastic
Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 11:04 - Jan 31 with 701 viewsonehunglow

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 10:45 - Jan 31 by GixerJack

I disagree, I think it’s going to be: Pato and the owners have sorted out the issues and he’s back with the first team squad… I’m happy with that coz it’s like having a new signing.

We’ve brought in Cy, Wolfie, Finie and Fishy with Kylie returning from a successful loan stint which will strengthen the squad for the run in and get us moving up the table.

On top of that we’ve been able to arrange a few of the lads to go on loan to get minutes on the pitch which will stand us in good stead for next season.

Lol.
You ll have to buy into Russy dream .
It’s long term job and we should support him.

Innit

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 11:05 - Jan 31 with 705 viewsBoundy

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 10:45 - Jan 31 by GixerJack

I'm so glad you wrote that last line .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 11:10 - Jan 31 with 696 viewsonehunglow

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 11:05 - Jan 31 by Boundy

I'm so glad you wrote that last line .

I’m glad Burns has height though looking at him,he looks like Twizzle.

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 11:59 - Feb 1 with 586 viewsCatullus

It's not about impressing anybody.

it's just about pointing out what nonsense you are posting.

How's this for some light, Pato is still our player so the idea we extended to get a transfer offer is blown away, no one offered anywhere near our valuation.
Your other suggestion, it was a silly suggestion of yours, it was never an option as you have just pointed out, hoisted by your own petard there.

I do not need to discredit you, you do it to yourself. You are twisting and turning trying to rescue yourself from the nonsense you posted. it is you now who are trying to discredit me, hypocrisy much?

One last thing, I suppose I could take it as a complement that you think others on here are less able than me but that too is nonsense. Most others on here are my equals at the very least. The others are WUM's and trolls.

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 14:22 - Feb 1 with 550 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 11:59 - Feb 1 by Catullus

It's not about impressing anybody.

it's just about pointing out what nonsense you are posting.

How's this for some light, Pato is still our player so the idea we extended to get a transfer offer is blown away, no one offered anywhere near our valuation.
Your other suggestion, it was a silly suggestion of yours, it was never an option as you have just pointed out, hoisted by your own petard there.

I do not need to discredit you, you do it to yourself. You are twisting and turning trying to rescue yourself from the nonsense you posted. it is you now who are trying to discredit me, hypocrisy much?

One last thing, I suppose I could take it as a complement that you think others on here are less able than me but that too is nonsense. Most others on here are my equals at the very least. The others are WUM's and trolls.

More heat less light as usual. My silly suggestuion of Pato buying out his contract is actually very realistic. It does notb happen very often because players go on strike very rarely.

Pato onlty has three options now

a) Fulfill his contract
b) Buy out his contract
c) Retire

The buying out of his contract is not silly at all despite your haughty dismissal of this idea as becoming of a forum grandee. It is however wrapped up in rules an regulations. I believe Swansea could rip up his contract as long as Pato compensates them .

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 15:44 - Feb 1 with 518 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 10:36 - Jan 31 by onehunglow

I asked this a while back and got peters .Some actually prefer us to scrap around last day of window

The issue is a lot of clubs, agents and players wait until the very last minute too because the closer you get to the deadline the more desperate other parties might get pushing the money up. The transfer window is stupid really. Especially in January.
Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 15:59 - Feb 1 with 507 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 10:36 - Jan 31 by onehunglow

Swansea have 9 players out on loan. Were you not aware of this?. Perhaps if you read more a posted less you would pick these thing up.

I can name 8 of them. Another to Leagues of Wales perhaps.

Garrick and Cooper O are flying and might be able to play next season Garrick is versatile with 6 goals and 6 assists in a about 20 games. Neither Cooper S nor Martin bothered to name check Garrick for some reason.

Brandon Cooper, Cullen and Whtiiaker are in league 1 just settling down . Whittaker and Cullen need to show consistency and deliver now they is being a long run at a lower level.

Webb and Dan Williams have gone to Ireland and Harry Jones a young lad to Bari Town.

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 16:10 - Feb 1 with 495 viewsvetchonian

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 15:59 - Feb 1 by ReslovenSwan1

Swansea have 9 players out on loan. Were you not aware of this?. Perhaps if you read more a posted less you would pick these thing up.

I can name 8 of them. Another to Leagues of Wales perhaps.

Garrick and Cooper O are flying and might be able to play next season Garrick is versatile with 6 goals and 6 assists in a about 20 games. Neither Cooper S nor Martin bothered to name check Garrick for some reason.

Brandon Cooper, Cullen and Whtiiaker are in league 1 just settling down . Whittaker and Cullen need to show consistency and deliver now they is being a long run at a lower level.

Webb and Dan Williams have gone to Ireland and Harry Jones a young lad to Bari Town.

Steve Cooper gave Garrick his debut for the club in fact during the 2019/20 season Garrick made 11 appearances under Cooper then 3 the following season before being sent out on loan to Swindon, this will be Garricks second loan spell.
Ollie Cooper made a few appearances under S Cooper last season manly cameo I admit but he impressed so maybe he was in Coopers thoughts for this season...we will never know but Martin shipped him out.
Whittaker scored usually when played though MArtin used him out of position in his last outings as a sub...possibly could have done ok if used properly here and now.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 23:36 - Feb 1 with 438 viewsChief

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/martin-reveals-jamie-paterson-set-rejoin-first-

Martin's trying his absolute utmost to get Paterson back involved and giving his excuses. Some very interesting comments like he agreed to the extension, and that Paterson never refused to play.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024