Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? 16:58 - Jan 28 with 5712 viewsReslovenSwan1

Pato is on 22 games. At 25 games a new deal automatically kicks in. What happens next?

a) Pato tells Martin he wants more money and he is not playing again until he gets it.

b) Pato plays 25+ and asks for an upgraded deal.

c) Pato gets his head down and fulfills his contract.

My opinion.
I put it to you the early extension of the deal is irrelevant because Pato might have already opted for option a). I believe Pato might have told Martin w he was not playing any more games.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 19:00 - Jan 28 with 996 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 18:53 - Jan 28 by Whiterockin

Yes the club triggered the 12 month extension before he threw the strop.

That is the accepted narrative. I am not convinced. Business is business.

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 19:04 - Jan 28 with 981 viewsBadlands

His wages are minimal given the position he was in before we locked himmup.
Let him rot at home.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 19:06 - Jan 28 with 974 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 19:00 - Jan 28 by ReslovenSwan1

That is the accepted narrative. I am not convinced. Business is business.

I think there is no way back from this and he will be gone on Monday probably about £500K with performance related add ons promotion ect.
Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 19:06 - Jan 28 with 974 viewsChief

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 18:49 - Jan 28 by jasper_T

He couldn't sign anything with domestic clubs until the end of the season. He could have spoken to foreign clubs with less than 6 months on his deal, but British players aren't in demand in the EU for obvious reasons, and most leagues of similar quality pay far less than the Championship anyway.

Is this a relatively new change to the rules?

Essentially then pre-contract agreements between players and British clubs is a thing of the past then?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 19:12 - Jan 28 with 961 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 19:06 - Jan 28 by Chief

Is this a relatively new change to the rules?

Essentially then pre-contract agreements between players and British clubs is a thing of the past then?

No always been the case but there is a dark market
[Post edited 28 Jan 2022 19:13]
Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 19:14 - Jan 28 with 949 viewsjack_lord

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 18:53 - Jan 28 by Whiterockin

Yes the club triggered the 12 month extension before he threw the strop.

I'm with you on this one but Patterson threw his strop immediately after the extension was confirmed so something might have happened in the days before but we do not know or can not assume such, unless someone has any info to the contrary. So we will have to go with him having a strop because the club extended his contract when he might have been bargaining for a better wage.
It was the club's prerogative to do what it did.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 19:15 - Jan 28 with 945 viewsBillyChong

"We triggered the extension a little bit early so that's nothing to worry about now," said boss Russell Martin.

Little did Martin know at that point. If we triggered it early there must have been a clause allowing that to happen. Unless it was down to appearances and there’s the contentious issue around postponed games being included.
Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 19:31 - Jan 28 with 910 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 19:15 - Jan 28 by BillyChong

"We triggered the extension a little bit early so that's nothing to worry about now," said boss Russell Martin.

Little did Martin know at that point. If we triggered it early there must have been a clause allowing that to happen. Unless it was down to appearances and there’s the contentious issue around postponed games being included.

Martin is a smart fellow and knows what is going on. I trust his judgement.

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 19:37 - Jan 28 with 896 viewsKeithHaynes

This 25 games thing means nothing.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 19:43 - Jan 28 with 884 viewsjasper_T

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 19:04 - Jan 28 by Badlands

His wages are minimal given the position he was in before we locked himmup.
Let him rot at home.

Cutting off our nose to spite our face. We're better with him in the team. Piroe especially has struggled without the link with Paterson.
Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 19:44 - Jan 28 with 871 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 19:43 - Jan 28 by jasper_T

Cutting off our nose to spite our face. We're better with him in the team. Piroe especially has struggled without the link with Paterson.

And I can’t see Wolf being a better prospect compared to Paterson, however Paterson has burned his bridges currently for me.

Maybe this Watford bloke is already on his way ?

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 19:50 - Jan 28 with 859 viewsChief

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 19:15 - Jan 28 by BillyChong

I questioned these potential clauses and the early triggering at the time, but judging by Patersons reaction (hes mightily pished off), the club had done something which wasn't above board, I'm sure Patersons lawyers would have contacted the club by now and we'd have all heard about it.

A lot of time has elapsed and he still hasn't apologised which is obviously the right and wise thing to do.

The bloke is an arsewhole.

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 19:56 - Jan 28 with 846 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 19:50 - Jan 28 by Chief

I questioned these potential clauses and the early triggering at the time, but judging by Patersons reaction (hes mightily pished off), the club had done something which wasn't above board, I'm sure Patersons lawyers would have contacted the club by now and we'd have all heard about it.

A lot of time has elapsed and he still hasn't apologised which is obviously the right and wise thing to do.

The bloke is an arsewhole.

Why would Paterson apologise when he has no loyalty to anything swansea.
It’s all about him, not Swansea.
He may apologise on Tuesday if his plan doesn’t come off mind.

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 20:00 - Jan 28 with 842 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 19:56 - Jan 28 by KeithHaynes

I recon he will be gone on Monday Keith, we will make an agreement with QPR unless they were the team tapping him up. What do you think.
Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 20:25 - Jan 28 with 804 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 20:00 - Jan 28 by Whiterockin

I recon he will be gone on Monday Keith, we will make an agreement with QPR unless they were the team tapping him up. What do you think.

If any club meets the fee the swans want he will go, if they don’t Paterson needs to look at the three results the club obtained without him.

Swansea City didn’t miss him. Because Swansea City isn’t Jamie Paterson.

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 20:39 - Jan 28 with 784 viewsraynor94

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 20:25 - Jan 28 by KeithHaynes

If any club meets the fee the swans want he will go, if they don’t Paterson needs to look at the three results the club obtained without him.

This, big time, shut the door behind you

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 21:50 - Jan 28 with 721 viewsBillyChong

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 19:37 - Jan 28 by KeithHaynes

This 25 games thing means nothing.

What was the extension clause then? The club reserved the right to extend based on his performances/probationary period type of thing? Although the reference to ‘extending early’ suggests the clause was based on something to do with time/appearances.
Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 22:41 - Jan 28 with 660 viewsblackswan

Hope we sell him was on the best form of his career cant see that being replicated if forced to stay and would he fit in elsewhere? Peed on his chips for me
Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 22:45 - Jan 28 with 656 viewsBadlands

Breach of contract, sue the ungrateful ****

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 22:48 - Jan 28 with 656 viewsmax936

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 22:41 - Jan 28 by blackswan

Hope we sell him was on the best form of his career cant see that being replicated if forced to stay and would he fit in elsewhere? Peed on his chips for me

Its obvious he doesn't want to be here, if he stays his heart isn't gonna be in and he'll probably stink the place out.

He has to go, no coming back from this, for me anyway.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 23:27 - Jan 28 with 633 viewsAndyCole

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 20:25 - Jan 28 by KeithHaynes

This. Time to move on.

Which pains me as one his biggest fans (on the pitch), one of our most influential players in such a short period. Could well be massively missed in the 'pocket'. A highly sought after role, of which not many can fulfil.

As it stands he's highly likely to be shipped out, to the best bidder.

Such a shame, yet at the very least he has shown the way and set the high benchmark for that role, fair play.

Let's hope we find a younger equivalent on a permy......Scott Fraser ? Risk, reward conundrum......

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 23:33 - Jan 28 with 632 viewsChief

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 19:56 - Jan 28 by KeithHaynes

Oh yea course, I'm not saying it would change much of people's perception of him, most would think it was hollow.

But the fact he hasn't even tried to publically apologised in any form speaks volumes about his character.

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 09:51 - Jan 29 with 527 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 23:33 - Jan 28 by Chief

Oh yea course, I'm not saying it would change much of people's perception of him, most would think it was hollow.

But the fact he hasn't even tried to publically apologised in any form speaks volumes about his character.

He could just say that he has been badly advised and for that he apologises to the fans. Do it today and it would possibly stand up, do it Tuesday and not a chance in hell.
Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 10:21 - Jan 29 with 513 viewsangryjack

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 09:51 - Jan 29 by Whiterockin

He could just say that he has been badly advised and for that he apologises to the fans. Do it today and it would possibly stand up, do it Tuesday and not a chance in hell.

If HD scores hat trick tuesday it be all forgotten
Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 10:56 - Jan 29 with 475 viewsCatullus

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 17:43 - Jan 28 by ReslovenSwan1

I am putting it out there that Pato had already decided he was not playing anymore games.

I have put to you a scenario where the contract was not extended. Nothing would be different Pato would not be playing. Some people can think between the lines others just accept narratives.

"Pato was upset at the extension that is why he is on strike". I say false.

More likely Pato told Martin he was not playing any more. Only then did Swansea city activate the extension early. Big difference. Some can understand the difference other do not have the mental capacity.

Pato wants a pay rise, he thinks he deserves a pay rise and he's not happy that he is extended under his current terms. Terms that he agreed t and signed a contract for.

You definitely have the mental capacity to make stuff up and be patronising.

Answer this, if a player said he was refusing to play, what is the point in extending? If no one comes in for him you are stuck with a player and his wages and that will only cause trouble.

I wonder if Dr P has room in his Imaginarium for you?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024