Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? 16:58 - Jan 28 with 5711 viewsReslovenSwan1

Pato is on 22 games. At 25 games a new deal automatically kicks in. What happens next?

a) Pato tells Martin he wants more money and he is not playing again until he gets it.

b) Pato plays 25+ and asks for an upgraded deal.

c) Pato gets his head down and fulfills his contract.

My opinion.
I put it to you the early extension of the deal is irrelevant because Pato might have already opted for option a). I believe Pato might have told Martin w he was not playing any more games.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 10:57 - Jan 29 with 947 viewsmax936

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 23:27 - Jan 28 by AndyCole

This. Time to move on.

Which pains me as one his biggest fans (on the pitch), one of our most influential players in such a short period. Could well be massively missed in the 'pocket'. A highly sought after role, of which not many can fulfil.

As it stands he's highly likely to be shipped out, to the best bidder.

Such a shame, yet at the very least he has shown the way and set the high benchmark for that role, fair play.

Let's hope we find a younger equivalent on a permy......Scott Fraser ? Risk, reward conundrum......

Martin has got previous with Frazer, has a club with limited funds he's surely not worth the risk.
Massive shame the way things have turned out with Jamie Paterson though, very disappointing whoever is right or wrong in the whole mess.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2022 11:06]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 11:01 - Jan 29 with 941 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 10:21 - Jan 29 by angryjack

If HD scores hat trick tuesday it be all forgotten

Agree.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2022 11:02]
Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 11:10 - Jan 29 with 925 viewsmax936

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 11:01 - Jan 29 by Whiterockin

Agree.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2022 11:02]

That's about as likely as me winning tonight's Lotto, he's got no interest in staying and I dread to think what his attitude will be like if he's still here Tuesday, he's refused to play the last 4 games including todays.

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 11:16 - Jan 29 with 912 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 11:10 - Jan 29 by max936

That's about as likely as me winning tonight's Lotto, he's got no interest in staying and I dread to think what his attitude will be like if he's still here Tuesday, he's refused to play the last 4 games including todays.

I can't see Patterson being here on Tuesday and if he was his 1st game would not be home in front of our supporters. But if by some miracle he played Tuesday and scored a hattrick all would be forgiven. Us fans are a fickle lot, we would start off with "only one greedy b******" and end up singing his praises, unlikely as it is.
Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 11:19 - Jan 29 with 904 viewsmax936

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 11:16 - Jan 29 by Whiterockin

I can't see Patterson being here on Tuesday and if he was his 1st game would not be home in front of our supporters. But if by some miracle he played Tuesday and scored a hattrick all would be forgiven. Us fans are a fickle lot, we would start off with "only one greedy b******" and end up singing his praises, unlikely as it is.

As I said that scenario has got as much legs in it as me winning the lotto, in fact I think my chances are greater

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 11:45 - Jan 29 with 874 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 10:56 - Jan 29 by Catullus

Pato wants a pay rise, he thinks he deserves a pay rise and he's not happy that he is extended under his current terms. Terms that he agreed t and signed a contract for.

You definitely have the mental capacity to make stuff up and be patronising.

Answer this, if a player said he was refusing to play, what is the point in extending? If no one comes in for him you are stuck with a player and his wages and that will only cause trouble.

I wonder if Dr P has room in his Imaginarium for you?

Quote - "Answer this, if a player said he was refusing to play, what is the point in extending? If no one comes in for him you are stuck with a player and his wages and that will only cause trouble."

Your judgement is poor and your grasp of the situation weak. The contract is not a problem while the window is open. The point of extending is £500,000 the easiest money the club will make . Pato would gladly accept any offer to scrap his contract. He has £11k pw waiting form him somewhere in the midlands.

Pato started playing hard ball and has had his backside handed to him along with a one way ticket out of the club.

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 12:45 - Jan 29 with 813 viewsCatullus

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 11:45 - Jan 29 by ReslovenSwan1

Quote - "Answer this, if a player said he was refusing to play, what is the point in extending? If no one comes in for him you are stuck with a player and his wages and that will only cause trouble."

Your judgement is poor and your grasp of the situation weak. The contract is not a problem while the window is open. The point of extending is £500,000 the easiest money the club will make . Pato would gladly accept any offer to scrap his contract. He has £11k pw waiting form him somewhere in the midlands.

Pato started playing hard ball and has had his backside handed to him along with a one way ticket out of the club.

Your grasp of the situation, based upon a scenario imagined by you, is comical.

Answer another one, if he's still here Tuesday and still refusing to play, is that then a problem?

To think you criticise the trust over their financial decisions and you come up with this supposed gamble.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 14:30 - Jan 29 with 751 viewsmax936

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 12:45 - Jan 29 by Catullus

Answer another one, if he's still here Tuesday and still refusing to play, is that then a problem?

To think you criticise the trust over their financial decisions and you come up with this supposed gamble.

Don’t why anyone bothers replying to him Cat
[Post edited 29 Jan 2022 15:37]

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 14:47 - Jan 29 with 730 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 11:16 - Jan 29 by Whiterockin

When winter spoke to him he should have said okay or leave. Because you won’t be playing here again.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 14:48 - Jan 29 with 728 viewsvetchonian

I see we have turned down two offers from QPR....this is developing into a farce

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 14:52 - Jan 29 with 720 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 14:48 - Jan 29 by vetchonian

I see we have turned down two offers from QPR....this is developing into a farce

Got to be honest mate, I’m not too sure those reports are that accurate.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 14:58 - Jan 29 with 707 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 12:45 - Jan 29 by Catullus

Pato was not going to play 26 games extension or no extension. He wants a major wage increase and was prepared to use his leverage. He is under contract until the summer of 2023.

It is not a problem if he is still here after Monday because he and the club can cancel his contract at any time. Pato might even need to compensate the club for contract freedom. Contract work both ways. He is not on great money and wants to play. Narsingh was on big money and was not bothered. Done nothing since.

Pato is not an idiot. He is a grown man. I am in no doubt he will be moved on. Money for nothing. It is in everyone's interest. QPR wanted Lawrence on £35k a week. £1.85m per season. Second choice is Pato on £7k pw. The should be able to find some cash. Two offers already rejected.

I advised the SCST to save time and save money and forget about a legal case which is bad for the club. 6 years later they might finally make a decision. They in their current form are no use to anyone other than English financial interests Banks, Legal people and Insurers. 25,000 memberships fees handed over. 25 years worth of income.

Cymru am byth. Hopefully the money will stay in Wales. Burnley sold for £200m. This values the Trust shares at £42m .

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 15:04 - Jan 29 with 703 viewsvetchonian

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 14:52 - Jan 29 by KeithHaynes

I heard it on the been so maybe your right

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 15:04 - Jan 29 with 703 viewsvetchonian

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 14:52 - Jan 29 by KeithHaynes

I heard it on the beeb so maybe your right

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 15:13 - Jan 29 with 698 viewsChief

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 14:58 - Jan 29 by ReslovenSwan1

Pato was not going to play 26 games extension or no extension. He wants a major wage increase and was prepared to use his leverage. He is under contract until the summer of 2023.

It is not a problem if he is still here after Monday because he and the club can cancel his contract at any time. Pato might even need to compensate the club for contract freedom. Contract work both ways. He is not on great money and wants to play. Narsingh was on big money and was not bothered. Done nothing since.

Pato is not an idiot. He is a grown man. I am in no doubt he will be moved on. Money for nothing. It is in everyone's interest. QPR wanted Lawrence on £35k a week. £1.85m per season. Second choice is Pato on £7k pw. The should be able to find some cash. Two offers already rejected.

I advised the SCST to save time and save money and forget about a legal case which is bad for the club. 6 years later they might finally make a decision. They in their current form are no use to anyone other than English financial interests Banks, Legal people and Insurers. 25,000 memberships fees handed over. 25 years worth of income.

Cymru am byth. Hopefully the money will stay in Wales. Burnley sold for £200m. This values the Trust shares at £42m .

And that post exemplifies perfectly the point Catullus made that you replied to.....

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 15:32 - Jan 29 with 671 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 18:13 - Jan 28 by ReslovenSwan1

The point I am making is that in all probability Pato had declined to play for Swansea city before the extension. He was perhaps quoted wages based on him being a free transfer signing in the Summer. He could therefore not play another 3 games.

If he’s in breach of contract cancel the extension and let him rot til June. He can b*gger of back to the dole queue then

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 15:33 - Jan 29 with 668 viewsCatullus

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 14:58 - Jan 29 by ReslovenSwan1

You seriously think Pato will buy his contract out when he's after a pay rise? He may not be an idiot but....think about it logically, is he better off sitting out his deal or would he spend thousands, tens of thousands at the very least, to buy himself out on the off chance another club made it worth his while?

The Swans aren't going to buy him out and let him go for nothing either, on what planet does that make any sense? They wouldn't do it for Cooper, they won't do it for Pato. If he leaves it's for a fee.

Are those windows of yours lead lined? Might be best to stop licking them and start concentrating.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 15:58 - Jan 29 with 646 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 15:33 - Jan 29 by Catullus

You seriously think Pato will buy his contract out when he's after a pay rise? He may not be an idiot but....think about it logically, is he better off sitting out his deal or would he spend thousands, tens of thousands at the very least, to buy himself out on the off chance another club made it worth his while?

The Swans aren't going to buy him out and let him go for nothing either, on what planet does that make any sense? They wouldn't do it for Cooper, they won't do it for Pato. If he leaves it's for a fee.

Are those windows of yours lead lined? Might be best to stop licking them and start concentrating.

Pato is under contract to play football. Players buying out their contract happens at higher levels. I do not expect this to happen. Pato cannot play for anyone else until Summer 2023 without his contract at Swansea being settled. Do you understand?

I expect him to get sold before Monday. He will not go for free. Swansea want cash for a good player who is seriously unreliable. They already have low cash offers reportedly.

You will note I do not criticise other posters. I have simply noted this issue is subtle and its elements lost on many.

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 16:18 - Jan 29 with 636 viewsChief

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 15:58 - Jan 29 by ReslovenSwan1

Pato is under contract to play football. Players buying out their contract happens at higher levels. I do not expect this to happen. Pato cannot play for anyone else until Summer 2023 without his contract at Swansea being settled. Do you understand?

I expect him to get sold before Monday. He will not go for free. Swansea want cash for a good player who is seriously unreliable. They already have low cash offers reportedly.

You will note I do not criticise other posters. I have simply noted this issue is subtle and its elements lost on many.

"Your judgement is poor and your grasp of the situation weak"

Resloven, 2022.

Yet you do not criticise other posters apparently.

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 16:35 - Jan 29 with 626 viewsmax936

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 15:33 - Jan 29 by Catullus

Brilliant post Cat, certain posters need to read and learn from that

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 17:56 - Jan 29 with 579 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 16:18 - Jan 29 by Chief

"Your judgement is poor and your grasp of the situation weak"

Resloven, 2022.

Yet you do not criticise other posters apparently.

I do criticise posters opinions obviously. I do not criticise posters as individuals is what I meant. You never know who you are dealing with with regard to mental state for example.

People like to discredit me wherever they can. I have verbalised my objection to the SCST taking the club owners to court. This has not gone down well with members who i believe were misguided. Perhaps I will be proved right in the next few weeks. Who knows?.

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 18:42 - Jan 29 with 562 viewsChief

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 17:56 - Jan 29 by ReslovenSwan1

I do criticise posters opinions obviously. I do not criticise posters as individuals is what I meant. You never know who you are dealing with with regard to mental state for example.

People like to discredit me wherever they can. I have verbalised my objection to the SCST taking the club owners to court. This has not gone down well with members who i believe were misguided. Perhaps I will be proved right in the next few weeks. Who knows?.

You said Catullus posessed bad judgement and grasp of things. You didn't say something along the lines that a particular point or sentence they made was misjudged. You aimed it personally at them. So you patently did individually criticise them. So you are lying.

You discredit yourself constantly. You shouldn't come out with ridiculous statements like saying you don't criticise posters when you blatently did a few posts prior.

Nothing to do with the trust.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2022 19:24]

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 20:16 - Jan 29 with 517 viewsBillyChong

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 18:42 - Jan 29 by Chief

You said Catullus posessed bad judgement and grasp of things. You didn't say something along the lines that a particular point or sentence they made was misjudged. You aimed it personally at them. So you patently did individually criticise them. So you are lying.

You discredit yourself constantly. You shouldn't come out with ridiculous statements like saying you don't criticise posters when you blatently did a few posts prior.

Nothing to do with the trust.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2022 19:24]

Maybe he needs to advise the club around blowing legal fees on solicitors to arrange expensive loans with Australian lenders as well. Resolven bingo ‘Number 33 “Burnley”’ - House!
Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 20:22 - Jan 29 with 513 viewsChief

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 20:16 - Jan 29 by BillyChong

Maybe he needs to advise the club around blowing legal fees on solicitors to arrange expensive loans with Australian lenders as well. Resolven bingo ‘Number 33 “Burnley”’ - House!

Yea strange there's been no objection to the owners giving some of the club's money to an Australian bank but the trust gets repeatedly criticised for spending their own funds on professional services 'from London'.

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 21:36 - Jan 29 with 479 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 20:16 - Jan 29 by BillyChong

Take it up with Winter in the next open dialogue. It was a management decision to assist in cash flow considerations. Fans are not required to micro manage Swansea city.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024