Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rwanda flight 21:14 - Jun 14 with 12749 viewsGwyn737

Looks like there’s a fair chance that it’ll take off with no passengers.

Liz Truss wants it still to fly as it will “establish the route”.
Rwanda flight on 21:47 - Jun 14 with 2727 viewsFlashberryjack

If it does fly empty, then we may as well send daily ferries over to France to pick up anyone wanting to come to the UK, irrespective of nationality or past criminality.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Rwanda flight on 22:00 - Jun 14 with 2713 viewsGwyn737

Might as well.

270 crossed the channel in small boats today - the policy is not proving much of a deterrent.

ECHR will probably get the remaining few off until the proper judicial review of the policy.

Of course we could opt out of the ECHR which would make us and Russia out. Shows how poor this policy is IMO.
Rwanda flight on 22:02 - Jun 14 with 2713 viewsKilkennyjack

And now its 3 or 4 passengers !

God bless the ECHR.
Funny things laws, best off if you stick to them usually.

✈️🤣🇬🇧

Beware of the Risen People

Rwanda flight on 22:04 - Jun 14 with 2707 viewsGwyn737

Rwanda flight on 22:02 - Jun 14 by Kilkennyjack

And now its 3 or 4 passengers !

God bless the ECHR.
Funny things laws, best off if you stick to them usually.

✈️🤣🇬🇧

I wonder how many leave voters thought Brexit would mean the end o& this kind of thing…?
Rwanda flight on 22:04 - Jun 14 with 2707 viewsKilkennyjack

Rwanda flight on 21:47 - Jun 14 by Flashberryjack

If it does fly empty, then we may as well send daily ferries over to France to pick up anyone wanting to come to the UK, irrespective of nationality or past criminality.

Less criminality than the Uk clown government.🇬🇧🤡

Rwanda flight on 22:16 - Jun 14 with 2687 viewsDr_Parnassus

Stupid and ill thought out decision by the looks of it, but illegal (especially economic) immigration is certainly an issue which needs proper thinking about, not this kind of nonsense.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Rwanda flight on 22:19 - Jun 14 with 2690 viewspencoedjack

Rwanda flight on 21:47 - Jun 14 by Flashberryjack

That’s what the left would do as they have no alternative.

Refugees cost the U.K. 1.5 billion a year, I’d imagine those of us who work would rather our taxes spent on other things.

Seek asylum in the 1st country you reach rather than coming to the U.K. & continuing to fund criminal gangs.

Polls suggest most agree with me.
Rwanda flight on 22:22 - Jun 14 with 2674 viewscontroversial_jack

Rwanda flight on 22:16 - Jun 14 by Dr_Parnassus

Stupid and ill thought out decision by the looks of it, but illegal (especially economic) immigration is certainly an issue which needs proper thinking about, not this kind of nonsense.

Since when did this govt respect the law
Login to get fewer ads

Rwanda flight on 22:26 - Jun 14 with 2675 viewsGwyn737

Rwanda flight on 22:16 - Jun 14 by Dr_Parnassus

Completely agree.

As a starting point the government need to be clear, that the massive majority of asylum seekers do have a case.

Next step is to have and effective way of processing them so that illegal immigrants can be suitably tackled.

I don’t pretend to know the answers but I know what it’s not, and that’s sending them to Rwanda where there’s a reciprocal agreement to bring them back if processed successfully with no means to do so.

It’s an horrendous policy. The only reason the government are pushing it is down to polling. There’s no one currently to the right (as previously) to split the Tory vote so there has to be something to keep the UKIP/BNP types happy.

The policies that the Torys have been successful with, for example £21 billion in income support to stave off inflation aren’t popular with that lot.
Rwanda flight on 22:27 - Jun 14 with 2672 viewsGwyn737

Rwanda flight on 22:19 - Jun 14 by pencoedjack

That’s what the left would do as they have no alternative.

Refugees cost the U.K. 1.5 billion a year, I’d imagine those of us who work would rather our taxes spent on other things.

Seek asylum in the 1st country you reach rather than coming to the U.K. & continuing to fund criminal gangs.

Polls suggest most agree with me.

Not on sending them to Rwanda they don’t.
Rwanda flight on 22:28 - Jun 14 with 2670 viewsKilkennyjack

Rwanda flight on 22:22 - Jun 14 by controversial_jack

Since when did this govt respect the law

Exactly.

This is a government of clowns lurching from crisis to crisis.
Mostly of their own making.

This.is.brexit.

Next up …. A hastened united Ireland and a free Scotland.
Things you love to see Johnson ensure …. 🇮🇪🤝🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 …. ❤️🇪🇺

Rwanda flight on 22:32 - Jun 14 with 2664 viewsGwyn737

Rwanda flight on 22:28 - Jun 14 by Kilkennyjack

Exactly.

This.is.brexit.

This has nothing to do with Brexit.

Unless you were daft enough to thinK that it would lead to coming away from the ECHR.
Rwanda flight on 22:35 - Jun 14 with 2659 viewsSirjohnalot

As Ukraine showed, an immigration unit can be set up in France. France have offered to do this but we’ve refused. If this was done, we could progress who has a claim and who doesn’t. That would massively reduce the dinghies coming over. Why would you risk your life if you could apply in France ?
They know this is illegal, they know this is unworkable, they know this is massively expensive and we have to take Rwandan refugees as part of the deal. They’re also saying it’s a deterrent but also it’s a safe country.

They want to blame people like me who will challenge their illegality then say labour are soft on immigration. Tory party are simply playing to their base.

If they’re asked why not set one up in France, they’ll not answer.

Peter Bone MP delivered an abhorrent racist rant in parliament yesterday. It was shocking
Rwanda flight on 22:38 - Jun 14 with 2655 viewsKilkennyjack

🤣🤣🤣🤣🇬🇧

Rwanda flight on 22:40 - Jun 14 with 2654 viewsKilkennyjack

Rwanda flight on 22:35 - Jun 14 by Sirjohnalot

As Ukraine showed, an immigration unit can be set up in France. France have offered to do this but we’ve refused. If this was done, we could progress who has a claim and who doesn’t. That would massively reduce the dinghies coming over. Why would you risk your life if you could apply in France ?
They know this is illegal, they know this is unworkable, they know this is massively expensive and we have to take Rwandan refugees as part of the deal. They’re also saying it’s a deterrent but also it’s a safe country.

They want to blame people like me who will challenge their illegality then say labour are soft on immigration. Tory party are simply playing to their base.

Peter Bone MP delivered an abhorrent racist rant in parliament yesterday. It was shocking

I hope every socalled leftie lawyer is welsh … 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Rwanda flight on 22:44 - Jun 14 with 2647 viewsGwyn737

Rwanda flight on 22:35 - Jun 14 by Sirjohnalot

Yep. As I said above.

This is just a policy to keep the UKIP/BNP types happy.

It won’t be effective.
Rwanda flight on 22:46 - Jun 14 with 2646 viewsKeithHaynes

Rwanda flight on 22:28 - Jun 14 by Kilkennyjack

Exactly.

This.is.brexit.

I travelled from Spain to Austria on Saturday, then to Slovakia on Sunday.
Back to Austria yesterday and home to Spain today.

Freedom movement is here in the EU.

Not once was my passport checked.

And only once did my EU residency card get a check.

Brexit has taken the UK a to a new level of separatism.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Rwanda flight on 23:29 - Jun 14 with 2611 viewsLuther27

Does anyone have an answer to this? I am genuinely interested as to a solution where any European country has any form of border control.

At what point in our current situation is the line drawn? Our infrastructure is collapsing around us, our health services are not functioning. Fuel and energy costs are already giving a hint of what is to come to our poor and elderly if we are unfortunate to have a cold winter.

Does anyone have an answer?
Rwanda flight on 23:38 - Jun 14 with 2606 viewsDJack

Rwanda flight on 23:29 - Jun 14 by Luther27

Does anyone have an answer to this? I am genuinely interested as to a solution where any European country has any form of border control.

At what point in our current situation is the line drawn? Our infrastructure is collapsing around us, our health services are not functioning. Fuel and energy costs are already giving a hint of what is to come to our poor and elderly if we are unfortunate to have a cold winter.

Start taxing multinationals, stop giving tax breaks to UK nationals then invest in infrastructure. There was a magic money tree to keep the Unionists sweet, there was a magic money tree to buy cr*p PPE from people linked to the tories, Dido Harding...'nuff said.

There is never enough money unless it's to give it away to those already wealthy and as a "conservative" thinker on this site who knows about the immigrants has stated many times... they come here to work and by extension pay taxes. Shame many others avoid it.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Rwanda flight on 00:24 - Jun 15 with 2594 viewsbritferry

Boris will get us out of this next:

European judges have tonight thwarted the Home Office's plans to deport asylum seekers to Rwanda at the 11th hour as their ruling left Home Secretary Priti Patel's flagship policy in tatters.

An out-of-hours European Court of Human Rights judge made the dramatic 11th hour intervention, informing the crew that the Boeing 767 could not take off as scheduled as the runway lights at MOD Boscombe Down, Salisbury were switched off shortly before the clock ticked down to 10.30pm.

Although it was widely reported just seven migrants were due to be removed from the United Kingdom on Tuesday, defiant ministers had earlier insisted the flight would go ahead even if there is only one person on board,

But in a late twist, all asylum seekers due to be removed on tonight's first plane to the capital of Kigali disembarked from the plane ahead of departure, meaning the flight will no longer depart as expected.

An out-of-hours judge had been reviewing the remaining cases on papers, with Home Office sources warning the first scheduled flight would not take off after days of recent challenges in British courts.

Tuesday's drastic development sets ministers on collision course with the Strasbourg court, which is part of the Council of Europe and separate from the European Union.

The High Court is also due to hold a judicial review in July to decide on the legality of the Rwanda scheme.

A Downing Street source said: 'It's an abomination that after domestic courts have repeatedly ruled in the Government's favour, that an out-of-hours judge in the European Court has intervened to block the removal of illegal migrants to Rwanda.'

The Rwanda charter aircraft is thought to have cost to the taxpayer up to £500,000. To add to the fury within Whitehall, it appears at this moment the Home Office has no means of challenging the European court's decision.

Despite the last-ditch legal challenge a Rwandan government source, speaking to ITV, insisted they remained 'undeterred' and 'committed to making the partnership work'.

Meanwhile, Ms Patel issued a strongly-worded rebuttal of the Strasbourg judge's ruling, saying she was disappointed the flight to Rwanda was not able to leave but would not be 'deterred from doing the right thing'.

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Rwanda flight on 00:37 - Jun 15 with 2580 viewsDr_Parnassus

Rwanda flight on 23:29 - Jun 14 by Luther27

It's very difficult.

Even more difficult when lefties start shouting ''racist!'' every time it's addressed. It's a serious economic issue with major consequences for not tackling it.

When Trump was talking about the border wall (Mexico also has it's own wall to keep illegal immigrants out from Guatemala), he was called all the names under the sun.

Even to this day when someone says ''Trump is racist!'' and you ask why... they will still come back with ''Well... ummm... you know, the wall and everything''.

Until people can stop obsessing over race then it is a very difficult topic to address. The issue is economic not racial.

Rwanda flight on 00:59 - Jun 15 with 2578 viewsKilkennyjack

Rwanda flight on 00:37 - Jun 15 by Dr_Parnassus

It's very difficult.

Even more difficult when lefties start shouting ''racist!'' every time it's addressed. It's a serious economic issue with major consequences for not tackling it.

When Trump was talking about the border wall (Mexico also has it's own wall to keep illegal immigrants out from Guatemala), he was called all the names under the sun.

Even to this day when someone says ''Trump is racist!'' and you ask why... they will still come back with ''Well... ummm... you know, the wall and everything''.

Until people can stop obsessing over race then it is a very difficult topic to address. The issue is economic not racial.

Immigrants are more likely to work and pay taxes than uk born people.

Other countries allow asylum seekers to work whilst cases are progressed.
The uk chooses not to allow this.

You are more likely to bump into a migrant working in the nhs, than as a claimant.

Have a listen.

Rwanda flight on 01:12 - Jun 15 with 2566 viewsDr_Parnassus

Rwanda flight on 00:59 - Jun 15 by Kilkennyjack

Immigrants are more likely to work and pay taxes than uk born people.

Other countries allow asylum seekers to work whilst cases are progressed.
The uk chooses not to allow this.

You are more likely to bump into a migrant working in the nhs, than as a claimant.

Have a listen.

You are confusing illegal immigration with migration.

I have migrated - legally, and pay more tax than 96% of inhabitants in this country due to being one of the top earners. I have no issue with legal skilled migration - neither did Trump.

I have an issue with illegal immigration, as should you. You should meet a skilled criteria to get to live and work in another country, as I have had to do and will be doing again when I move to the States.

I couldn't just rock up and demand I be given access, there is a process you have to follow and if you are deemed of benefit to the country then you are allowed in, if not then you aren't.

Otherwise you are talking about a complete open border policy which just isn't feasible and would bring the country to it's knees extremely quickly. There is a reason most countries have a border, it's not just these ''horrible racist whiteys''.

I looked at buying property in St Kitts earlier this year (2.2% white population). I essentially had to buy a passport for $200k, if I didn't do it then I wasn't allowed... so I didn't. That policy is there to protect the residents of St Kitts, its limited resources and to ensure it remains sustainable.

It had nothing to do with the color of my skin and I wasn't offended in the slightest.

If I hopped on a boat and threw away my papers so I could get in that way, I would fully expect to be deported.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2022 1:30]

Rwanda flight on 02:14 - Jun 15 with 2538 viewsKilkennyjack

Rwanda flight on 01:12 - Jun 15 by Dr_Parnassus

You are confusing illegal immigration with migration.

I have migrated - legally, and pay more tax than 96% of inhabitants in this country due to being one of the top earners. I have no issue with legal skilled migration - neither did Trump.

I have an issue with illegal immigration, as should you. You should meet a skilled criteria to get to live and work in another country, as I have had to do and will be doing again when I move to the States.

I couldn't just rock up and demand I be given access, there is a process you have to follow and if you are deemed of benefit to the country then you are allowed in, if not then you aren't.

Otherwise you are talking about a complete open border policy which just isn't feasible and would bring the country to it's knees extremely quickly. There is a reason most countries have a border, it's not just these ''horrible racist whiteys''.

I looked at buying property in St Kitts earlier this year (2.2% white population). I essentially had to buy a passport for $200k, if I didn't do it then I wasn't allowed... so I didn't. That policy is there to protect the residents of St Kitts, its limited resources and to ensure it remains sustainable.

It had nothing to do with the color of my skin and I wasn't offended in the slightest.

If I hopped on a boat and threw away my papers so I could get in that way, I would fully expect to be deported.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2022 1:30]

You should worry about the States instead then if you have chosen to migrate to there.

I am very happy for one of the poor sods arriving with nothing in small boats from France to take your place.

Rwanda flight on 02:19 - Jun 15 with 2528 viewsDr_Parnassus

Rwanda flight on 02:14 - Jun 15 by Kilkennyjack

You should worry about the States instead then if you have chosen to migrate to there.

I am very happy for one of the poor sods arriving with nothing in small boats from France to take your place.

I wouldn't say I ''worry'' about any country. But there are certainly issues to be resolved when it comes to illegal immigration.

It's not a one in/one out scenario. If that were the case then the financial drain could be mitigated. You being happy about it doesn't come into it, it's not you that has to pay for it, not directly anyway.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024