Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton head up interest in Flynn Downes 11:10 - Jun 27 with 2223 viewsSwansIndependent

Southampton head up interest in Flynn Downes 27th Jun 2022 11:06
Southampton are in the driving seat today as the club best placed to turn their interest in Flynn Downes in to more than just an inquiry. Other clubs are also cited by Ian Mitchelmore at Wales On Line as making ‘tentative’ inquires but it’s the saints who hold the biggest interest. 0

Click above for Downes latest.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Southampton head up interest in Flynn Downes on 11:11 - Jun 27 with 1700 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Will I be able to change my name or do I have to start a new account?
Southampton head up interest in Flynn Downes on 11:16 - Jun 27 with 1663 viewsKeithHaynes

Southampton head up interest in Flynn Downes on 11:11 - Jun 27 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

Will I be able to change my name or do I have to start a new account?

Not yet 😉😂

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Southampton head up interest in Flynn Downes on 11:28 - Jun 27 with 1616 viewsWhiterockin

Could be a couple of clubs interested

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/leeds-united/transfer-talk/news/wolves-amo
Southampton head up interest in Flynn Downes on 11:40 - Jun 27 with 1576 viewsguthrieintherain

Southampton head up interest in Flynn Downes on 11:28 - Jun 27 by Whiterockin

Could be a couple of clubs interested

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/leeds-united/transfer-talk/news/wolves-amo

Need to get the Joey deal over the line not great to lose Downes but lose him we will money always talks.

Can see Piroe going as well but if we can get over 20 million for the 2 there are bargains out there could build a good side by spending some of that money.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2022 11:41]

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Southampton head up interest in Flynn Downes on 12:12 - Jun 27 with 1477 viewsonehunglow

He ,contrary to what some opine,be miffed being played all season out of position. His treatment has been criminal.Another talent wasted on the Russy altar.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Southampton head up interest in Flynn Downes on 12:30 - Jun 27 with 1427 viewsmagicdaps10

Southampton head up interest in Flynn Downes on 12:12 - Jun 27 by onehunglow

He ,contrary to what some opine,be miffed being played all season out of position. His treatment has been criminal.Another talent wasted on the Russy altar.

Firstly, a kid we sign for 1M that is now being linked to go to the Premier league for around 11M is hardly wasted by the manager!

Secondly, he wasn't played out of position, a deep lying midfielder asked to drop in at times to defence is a norla tactic in today's football.

It beggers belief what goes on in people's heads these days 🤦‍♂️

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Southampton head up interest in Flynn Downes on 12:32 - Jun 27 with 1424 viewsKeithHaynes

He was a league one player twelve months ago, under Martin he has one of the strongest passing stats in the championship. And now he is attracting premier league interest. Hardly criminally misused.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Southampton head up interest in Flynn Downes on 12:41 - Jun 27 with 1385 viewsWhiterockin

He has improved dramatically under RM and now being talked of going to Premier League clubs for a lot more than we paid. The same could be said about Obafemi and Piroe. You may not like RM but there is no way you can say he wasted Downes talent. Don't let your prejudice cloud the facts.
Login to get fewer ads

Southampton head up interest in Flynn Downes on 12:42 - Jun 27 with 1378 viewsmagicdaps10

Southampton head up interest in Flynn Downes on 12:32 - Jun 27 by KeithHaynes

He was a league one player twelve months ago, under Martin he has one of the strongest passing stats in the championship. And now he is attracting premier league interest. Hardly criminally misused.

Echoing what I have posted Keith!

How can someone think that let alone post it on a public forum! I know the world's gone mad but God help us as a human race!!!!

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Southampton head up interest in Flynn Downes on 12:48 - Jun 27 with 1348 viewsNotLoyal

Downes had class written all over him from the first time he featured for the swans.
He was played in exactly the position he prefers.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Southampton head up interest in Flynn Downes on 12:50 - Jun 27 with 1337 viewsonehunglow

Southampton head up interest in Flynn Downes on 12:41 - Jun 27 by Whiterockin

He has improved dramatically under RM and now being talked of going to Premier League clubs for a lot more than we paid. The same could be said about Obafemi and Piroe. You may not like RM but there is no way you can say he wasted Downes talent. Don't let your prejudice cloud the facts.

Dont be misled by what you read.
Downes,has ,IN MY OPINION,been wasted where he has played.

As for stats,I mean,come on. We should have been promoted easily looking at our possession and pasing stats,which show you really should be misled by stats.

Prejudice is a word I would not use myself.

I just do not see him as a successful coach,a tactician or a developer of players.

You are forgetting those players whom he dumped

Anyway,season not far away now...

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Southampton head up interest in Flynn Downes on 13:10 - Jun 27 with 1287 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Southampton head up interest in Flynn Downes on 12:48 - Jun 27 by NotLoyal

Downes had class written all over him from the first time he featured for the swans.
He was played in exactly the position he prefers.

I’m surprised that Southampton aren’t interested in Gromes - after all he according to some covers up Flynn Downes’ mistakes? I’m sure Andy Mole will be along to claim a case of mistaken identity

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Southampton head up interest in Flynn Downes on 13:20 - Jun 27 with 1256 viewsWhiterockin

Southampton head up interest in Flynn Downes on 12:50 - Jun 27 by onehunglow

As for stats,I mean,come on. We should have been promoted easily looking at our possession and pasing stats,which show you really should be misled by stats.

I just do not see him as a successful coach,a tactician or a developer of players.

The ones he has dumped, have they gone on to prove him wrong?
Southampton head up interest in Flynn Downes on 13:30 - Jun 27 with 1199 viewsraynor94

Who has he dumped? Whittaker is your favourite, went on loan to Lincoln, who haven't come back for him.

They have signed Watters from Cardiff.

If we do get £8 million for Downes, that will be a tremendous profit, and its down to Martin

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Southampton head up interest in Flynn Downes on 13:33 - Jun 27 with 1181 viewsBadlands

Downes has been played in central midfield where he has played almost all of hi senior football.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Southampton head up interest in Flynn Downes on 14:08 - Jun 27 with 1102 viewsTreforys_Jack

This has got to be rubbish, he's been our weakest link apparently, been carried by Matty all season, PMSL,

Anyone who has any knowledge of the game could see Downes was a gem destined to play in the PL. Would like him to stay another season if I'm honest, see if it could be with us.
Southampton head up interest in Flynn Downes on 14:10 - Jun 27 with 1101 viewsjojaca

This looks like an advertisement from our club to try and cash on him.

Even when you know, you never know?

Southampton head up interest in Flynn Downes on 14:15 - Jun 27 with 1087 viewsguthrieintherain

Did you know it's allowed to.not rate someone but occasionally give them a compliment.

It's not a good trait just to criticise no matter what makes you look stubborn and bitter.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Southampton head up interest in Flynn Downes on 14:17 - Jun 27 with 1076 viewsdobjack2

Southampton head up interest in Flynn Downes on 11:40 - Jun 27 by guthrieintherain

Need to get the Joey deal over the line not great to lose Downes but lose him we will money always talks.

Can see Piroe going as well but if we can get over 20 million for the 2 there are bargains out there could build a good side by spending some of that money.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2022 11:41]

It's always felt to me that one of Downes or Grimes has to be moving on to create the space for Joe in the squad.

Key is getting business done as early as possible in July and then Martin taking his phone off the hook.
Southampton head up interest in Flynn Downes on 14:44 - Jun 27 with 1005 viewsjojaca

Southampton head up interest in Flynn Downes on 14:17 - Jun 27 by dobjack2

It's always felt to me that one of Downes or Grimes has to be moving on to create the space for Joe in the squad.

Key is getting business done as early as possible in July and then Martin taking his phone off the hook.

I personally don't think there is enough serious interest in any of our players. If I were scouts of other teams, I would personally see if Downes, Piroe and Obafemi continue their progress next season. I think the players mentioned are a big gamble for the step up.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2022 14:44]

Even when you know, you never know?

Southampton head up interest in Flynn Downes on 15:30 - Jun 27 with 897 viewsDr_Parnassus

He was Premier League bound long before he came to us. I described him as a poor mans Stevie G at the time, great in the tackle and can drive forward.

I do think he was misused, he should have been given licence to drive forward with Grimes sitting. He often seemed to have shackles on him to keep possession at the back which accounts for his passing stats.

Put it this way. Should he go to the Premier League, I doubt he will play a single game at CB.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Southampton head up interest in Flynn Downes on 15:40 - Jun 27 with 883 viewsraynor94

Southampton head up interest in Flynn Downes on 14:44 - Jun 27 by jojaca

I personally don't think there is enough serious interest in any of our players. If I were scouts of other teams, I would personally see if Downes, Piroe and Obafemi continue their progress next season. I think the players mentioned are a big gamble for the step up.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2022 14:44]

Another, it must be killing you

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Southampton head up interest in Flynn Downes on 15:43 - Jun 27 with 877 viewsBadlands

Southampton head up interest in Flynn Downes on 15:30 - Jun 27 by Dr_Parnassus

He was Premier League bound long before he came to us. I described him as a poor mans Stevie G at the time, great in the tackle and can drive forward.

I do think he was misused, he should have been given licence to drive forward with Grimes sitting. He often seemed to have shackles on him to keep possession at the back which accounts for his passing stats.

Put it this way. Should he go to the Premier League, I doubt he will play a single game at CB.

In games where he did push forward either he wasn’t covered of didn’t get back.
This idea that he is an attacking central midfielder is speculative to say the least.
As an attacking midfielder he has 23 games career games with 1 goal and 1 assist.
In 24 games in defensive midfield for us he has 1 goal and 2 assists.
Martin has had had players out of position but Downes isn’t one of them.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Southampton head up interest in Flynn Downes on 15:55 - Jun 27 with 850 viewsjasper_T

Southampton head up interest in Flynn Downes on 14:10 - Jun 27 by jojaca

This looks like an advertisement from our club to try and cash on him.

I tend to dismiss any story that links a player with three clubs of similar standing as agent-driven or a journalist trying to fill column inches. We appear on lists like that all the time, and rarely if ever seem to sign those "targets".

Sometimes they turn out to have been accurate but so do those Twitter bots that randomly generate rumours.
Southampton head up interest in Flynn Downes on 16:08 - Jun 27 with 807 viewsDr_Parnassus

Southampton head up interest in Flynn Downes on 15:43 - Jun 27 by Badlands

In games where he did push forward either he wasn’t covered of didn’t get back.
This idea that he is an attacking central midfielder is speculative to say the least.
As an attacking midfielder he has 23 games career games with 1 goal and 1 assist.
In 24 games in defensive midfield for us he has 1 goal and 2 assists.
Martin has had had players out of position but Downes isn’t one of them.

He’s not an attacking midfielder, he’s a box to box midfielder.

Great engine, excellent in the tackle and can drive forward should he be given the green light.

He had no right lining up at CB, it’s ludicrous.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024