Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City are going down ? History talks to us ! 10:25 - Mar 1 with 1894 viewsSwansIndependent

Swansea City are going down ? History talks to us ! 1st Mar 2023 10:21
Despite fears to the contrary the chances of Swansea City being relegated are apparently so beyond it is virtually impossible. Your eyebrows are now raised, I see that but history states it’s a nigh on impossibility with so many games to go until the end of the season. So, let’s have a look if that’s the actual reality. 2

Strap in, click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City are going down ? History talks to us ! on 10:39 - Mar 1 with 1583 viewsSTID2017

Looked at this yesterday.
IMHO it would take a miracle for all the teams bar two to overwhelm our current points total.
I can see us finishing lower than we are now though and if nothing changes at the club we will be the Blackpool or Peterborough of next season

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Swansea City are going down ? History talks to us ! on 10:44 - Mar 1 with 1577 viewsguthrieintherain

Swansea City are going down ? History talks to us ! on 10:39 - Mar 1 by STID2017

IMHO it would take a miracle for all the teams bar two to overwhelm our current points total.
I can see us finishing lower than we are now though and if nothing changes at the club we will be the Blackpool or Peterborough of next season

Could say that about any team though nobody knows what squads teams will have next season.

And our skinflint owners just put another 6 million into the coffers.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Swansea City are going down ? History talks to us ! on 10:48 - Mar 1 with 1568 viewsBryanSwan

Swansea City are going down ? History talks to us ! on 10:39 - Mar 1 by STID2017

I've had to put a £1 on just incase. Will be more than that on us going down next year if Martin remains.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Swansea City are going down ? History talks to us ! on 11:22 - Mar 1 with 1516 viewsSTID2017

Swansea City are going down ? History talks to us ! on 10:44 - Mar 1 by guthrieintherain

Could say that about any team though nobody knows what squads teams will have next season.

And our skinflint owners just put another 6 million into the coffers.

Difference is that I feel that the current owners won't IMHO strengthen the team as we will need.
Not sure what the £6 million is, but I don't believe for one minute it is going to be spent on the team

Swansea City are going down ? History talks to us ! on 11:57 - Mar 1 with 1457 viewsguthrieintherain

Swansea City are going down ? History talks to us ! on 11:22 - Mar 1 by STID2017

Difference is that I feel that the current owners won't IMHO strengthen the team as we will need.
Not sure what the £6 million is, but I don't believe for one minute it is going to be spent on the team

Darling, Fisher, Downes, Sorrinola, Joe Allen Wood,Ogbetta Patterson did not come cheap.

That's not counting the likes of Cundle,,Oko Flex Rhys Williams.

Big wages for the likes of Grimes and Fulton.

Also turned down bids for Piroe and Obafemi.

The owners are not perfect but a few on here need to get in the real world.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2023 11:58]

Swansea City are going down ? History talks to us ! on 12:10 - Mar 1 with 1395 viewsDr_Parnassus

I’d say the very fact we are talking about this shows how far we have fallen under this manager.

Having a team that contains Piroe, Allen, Grimes, Manning, Fulton, Ntcham, Darling, Cabango and Cooper sat perennially in the bottom half is an absolute travesty.

I genuinely think, if we get the next managerial appointment right, he will put us back on track within 6 weeks and we immediately become a top 10 club again.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Swansea City are going down ? History talks to us ! on 12:33 - Mar 1 with 1362 viewswhiterock

Swansea City are going down ? History talks to us ! on 12:10 - Mar 1 by Dr_Parnassus

I’d say the very fact we are talking about this shows how far we have fallen under this manager.

Having a team that contains Piroe, Allen, Grimes, Manning, Fulton, Ntcham, Darling, Cabango and Cooper sat perennially in the bottom half is an absolute travesty.

I genuinely think, if we get the next managerial appointment right, he will put us back on track within 6 weeks and we immediately become a top 10 club again.

I agree with this, we have a team, we don't have a manager to get a tune out of them
Swansea City are going down ? History talks to us ! on 12:38 - Mar 1 with 1352 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City are going down ? History talks to us ! on 12:33 - Mar 1 by whiterock

I agree with this, we have a team, we don't have a manager to get a tune out of them

I don't think we have a squad to play any system as we do not have any players with pace, whatever system we play we will struggle.

For me play 4 at the back every game, it has been proved to be the best system with the squad we have but Martin has to do it his way, for whatever reason he keeps 3 centre halves it its working.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City are going down ? History talks to us ! on 12:51 - Mar 1 with 1316 viewspencoedjack

Swansea City are going down ? History talks to us ! on 12:38 - Mar 1 by Fireboy2

I don't think we have a squad to play any system as we do not have any players with pace, whatever system we play we will struggle.

For me play 4 at the back every game, it has been proved to be the best system with the squad we have but Martin has to do it his way, for whatever reason he keeps 3 centre halves it its working.

I'd go with 5 at the back but cut out the faffing about, as you say we have nobody with any pace to play wide.

Wood & Latibeaudiere are included as I there is nobody else.

Allen & Fulton holding with Ntcham slightly further forward , Grimes to come on for Allen but I wouldn't have him starting. Take your pick from Cooper or Whittaker.

Fisher

Manning
Cabango
Darling
Wood*
Latibeaudiere*

Allen
Fulton
Ntcham

Cooper
Piroe
Swansea City are going down ? History talks to us ! on 14:13 - Mar 1 with 1213 viewsFlashberryjack

Swansea City are going down ? History talks to us ! on 10:48 - Mar 1 by BryanSwan

I've had to put a £1 on just incase. Will be more than that on us going down next year if Martin remains.

If Martin is still here next season, then relegation is just about nailed on, I'm not a betting man but I think I'd put a few quid on it.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Swansea City are going down ? History talks to us ! on 15:10 - Mar 1 with 1124 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City are going down ? History talks to us ! on 14:13 - Mar 1 by Flashberryjack

If Martin is still here next season, then relegation is just about nailed on, I'm not a betting man but I think I'd put a few quid on it.

We would deserve it
We can get him out if we channel out anger , hurt and frustration at seeing our great club humiliated
We are nothing to Martin

Let’s understand that

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City are going down ? History talks to us ! on 15:21 - Mar 1 with 1110 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City are going down ? History talks to us ! on 15:10 - Mar 1 by onehunglow

We would deserve it
We can get him out if we channel out anger , hurt and frustration at seeing our great club humiliated
We are nothing to Martin

Let’s understand that

I disagree entirely, his system of management may be proving to be suspect at least, but a failure at Swansea wouldn’t do his prospects any good at all. This season he had yet another free hit, I did say at the start of all this he could lose the first six and still be manager, and that’s bearing fruit, especially now we are in an appalling run of form.

And still he is in situ, and yes I’m surprised.

You have to be pragmatic about the situation at Swansea, there’s no way the owners will pay him off, they will keep him until the summer, of course if there’s thrashing’s on the horizon that could change. But overall they will be relying on him to throw his arms up and walk in the summer or bring about another Steve Cooper situation as we saw and reported on here two days after the play off final.

Why waste half a million disposing of Martin and five staff at least and then paying out for a new manager and staff ? They are dealing in economics, and if Martin as you say doesn’t care about the club then that can apply to anyone including the owners and players. The exception is me and you, and people like us.

Personally now from what I am witnessing and privy to I wouldn’t mind him leaving, but I just can’t see it unless the whole thing collapses dramatically and I mean dramatically plus. And it hasn’t yet. I can’t see him turning this around, and I can’t see the players doing it either with the current on the pitch formation and strategy. But getting rid isn’t on the agenda.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City are going down ? History talks to us ! on 15:34 - Mar 1 with 1102 viewsheatwave

I like many think we will scramble enough not to go down.
Next season I'm not so sure. Even if he's not here I think there's been so much damage to the players confidence that I can only see us struggle at the foot of the table.
Swansea City are going down ? History talks to us ! on 15:36 - Mar 1 with 1096 viewsBryanSwan

Swansea City are going down ? History talks to us ! on 15:21 - Mar 1 by KeithHaynes

I disagree entirely, his system of management may be proving to be suspect at least, but a failure at Swansea wouldn’t do his prospects any good at all. This season he had yet another free hit, I did say at the start of all this he could lose the first six and still be manager, and that’s bearing fruit, especially now we are in an appalling run of form.

You have to be pragmatic about the situation at Swansea, there’s no way the owners will pay him off, they will keep him until the summer, of course if there’s thrashing’s on the horizon that could change. But overall they will be relying on him to throw his arms up and walk in the summer or bring about another Steve Cooper situation as we saw and reported on here two days after the play off final.

Why waste half a million disposing of Martin and five staff at least and then paying out for a new manager and staff ? They are dealing in economics, and if Martin as you say doesn’t care about the club then that can apply to anyone including the owners and players. The exception is me and you, and people like us.

Personally now from what I am witnessing and privy to I wouldn’t mind him leaving, but I just can’t see it unless the whole thing collapses dramatically and I mean dramatically plus. And it hasn’t yet. I can’t see him turning this around, and I can’t see the players doing it either with the current on the pitch formation and strategy. But getting rid isn’t on the agenda.

I don't disagree with you there, it probably is the most financially sensible thing to do. We are very unlikely to go down and also very unlikely to get near the playoffs so therefore there is no need to change immediately.

However frustrating that might be for myself and others considering how we are playing and have played since October.

I would suspect they are already preparing for his departure in the summer, taking their time and making sure to make the right appointment then will be vital. As i could see a few players going this year namely Piroe.

Swansea City are going down ? History talks to us ! on 15:42 - Mar 1 with 1083 viewsguthrieintherain

Swansea City are going down ? History talks to us ! on 15:34 - Mar 1 by heatwave

I like many think we will scramble enough not to go down.
Next season I'm not so sure. Even if he's not here I think there's been so much damage to the players confidence that I can only see us struggle at the foot of the table.

Nobody knows if he will be our manager next season.
Nobody knows what our squad will be next season.

Same applies for just about all the sides in the division.

Every season we get doom and gloom predicted they will get it right one day.

Swansea City are going down ? History talks to us ! on 15:42 - Mar 1 with 1083 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City are going down ? History talks to us ! on 15:36 - Mar 1 by BryanSwan

I don't disagree with you there, it probably is the most financially sensible thing to do. We are very unlikely to go down and also very unlikely to get near the playoffs so therefore there is no need to change immediately.

However frustrating that might be for myself and others considering how we are playing and have played since October.

I would suspect they are already preparing for his departure in the summer, taking their time and making sure to make the right appointment then will be vital. As i could see a few players going this year namely Piroe.

I'm not convinced they are preparing for his departure, if he doesn't walk we may well be stuck with him.
Swansea City are going down ? History talks to us ! on 16:14 - Mar 1 with 1051 viewsBryanSwan

Swansea City are going down ? History talks to us ! on 15:42 - Mar 1 by Whiterockin

I'm not convinced they are preparing for his departure, if he doesn't walk we may well be stuck with him.

Surely it must be a consideration for them, it would only be sensible. Even if as many say on here there have no interest etc etc, they will still want to protect their investment and to do so we have to remain a championship club minimum.
Our points per game since the derby has been 0.83 which over a season would leave us with 38pts. They will know this and be concerned.

I don't know anything of behind the scenes etc in the club, but i would expect if it is being run to protect business interests it would ver much be up for discussion.

Swansea City are going down ? History talks to us ! on 16:16 - Mar 1 with 1051 viewsSTID2017

Swansea City are going down ? History talks to us ! on 15:42 - Mar 1 by guthrieintherain

Nobody knows if he will be our manager next season.
Nobody knows what our squad will be next season.

Same applies for just about all the sides in the division.

Every season we get doom and gloom predicted they will get it right one day.

I agree we always have the gloom and doom merchants.
Thing is normally when it comes to Swans I am usually very much in the glass half full category.
Reached a point at the moment where the owners, manager, players and other staff just seem to be treading water when they should all be swimming like heck.
Very frustrating times.
Come next August I am sure I will be positive about everything again

Swansea City are going down ? History talks to us ! on 16:39 - Mar 1 with 1023 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City are going down ? History talks to us ! on 15:42 - Mar 1 by Whiterockin

He isn’t on their level when it comes to skullduggery, as I said ask Cooper.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City are going down ? History talks to us ! on 16:50 - Mar 1 with 1007 viewsmax936

Swansea City are going down ? History talks to us ! on 16:39 - Mar 1 by KeithHaynes

So it could be that they won't be supporting him in the hope he packs his bags and heads for the exit ?

While the club goes down the Tawe plus their money with the clubs value dwindling away?

We know they couldn't care less about the fans and they won't be here to cop the flack being the shite houses they are, so the above could very well happen?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City are going down ? History talks to us ! on 16:59 - Mar 1 with 992 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City are going down ? History talks to us ! on 16:39 - Mar 1 by KeithHaynes

So in your opinion do you think if he doesn't walk he is here for the length of his contract.
Swansea City are going down ? History talks to us ! on 18:20 - Mar 1 with 899 viewsguthrieintherain

Swansea City are going down ? History talks to us ! on 16:59 - Mar 1 by Whiterockin

So in your opinion do you think if he doesn't walk he is here for the length of his contract.

Gardening leave but if he mows the lawn the same speed as we play it will be 10 foot tall by the end of July.

Swansea City are going down ? History talks to us ! on 19:00 - Mar 1 with 856 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City are going down ? History talks to us ! on 15:21 - Mar 1 by KeithHaynes

We can only hope he somehow feels we are no longer worthy of him.
It’s going to end sooner than you think Keith .
Hopefully

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City are going down ? History talks to us ! on 19:00 - Mar 1 with 860 viewsmax936

Swansea City are going down ? History talks to us ! on 11:22 - Mar 1 by STID2017

Its gone already in my view, clubs obviously not making any money to pay it back, so instead of hamstringing the club with debt they've converted them and at the same time diluted the Trusts shares, call it two birds killed with one stone.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City are going down ? History talks to us ! on 22:02 - Mar 1 with 755 viewsRhonnda_Jack

I think you are talking crap.
Rhys Williams was last year
Sorinola is a loan.
Oko flex is a premier league u23
Pato was free
Allen was free
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024