Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
xG against 07:58 - Sep 20 with 1826 viewsel_pancho

Duff said

"We've improved areas and certain parts and it's different to last year, I accept that, but we need a solid foundation. Last year Swansea was 25th in the league for xg (expected goals) against, this season we're fifth.

"I know some will say I'm talking nonsense because we haven't won but it's not smoke and mirrors, that us trying to build a platform and a strong defensive shape to start becoming better with the ball."

Does he realise that being fifth this season means we're likely to concede more this yr (22/23: 1.25 compared with 23/24: 1.34)?!

Poll: As things currently stand are Huw Jenkins et al more disliked than Tony Petty?

xG against on 08:04 - Sep 20 with 1816 viewsmagicdaps10

24 in the league so 25th in the league!??!

Typo from you?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

xG against on 08:07 - Sep 20 with 1813 viewsmagicdaps10

We conceded 64 goals last season and my maths makes it that we are on course to concede 78 this season.

He's talking through his arse and is trying to fool people.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

xG against on 08:19 - Sep 20 with 1784 viewsHeadmaster

“I know some will say I’m talking nonsense.”

Too right! Get him out.
xG against on 08:59 - Sep 20 with 1737 viewsvetchonian

xG against on 08:07 - Sep 20 by magicdaps10

We conceded 64 goals last season and my maths makes it that we are on course to concede 78 this season.

we have conceded one goal more and scored one more goal this season to date with the first 7 games last season.
we also have played teams with 11 players our only win in last seasons first 7 games came against 10 man Blackpool.
Don't get me wrong I'm not happy with our start results or performances to date but where is the consistency....even with a poor start to his second season here when he gad had a preseason people were calling for Martin to be given time....yet we want Duff gone....

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

xG against on 09:11 - Sep 20 with 1706 viewsjack247

xG against on 08:59 - Sep 20 by vetchonian

we have conceded one goal more and scored one more goal this season to date with the first 7 games last season.
we also have played teams with 11 players our only win in last seasons first 7 games came against 10 man Blackpool.
Don't get me wrong I'm not happy with our start results or performances to date but where is the consistency....even with a poor start to his second season here when he gad had a preseason people were calling for Martin to be given time....yet we want Duff gone....

3 points from 7 games. That’s got to be there or thereabouts with Russell Martins worst 7 game run with us. Even during that abysmal spell last season. Almost everyone, me included, wanted him out at that point.

Were you calling for Martin to be given time, as you seem to be doing with Duff?
xG against on 09:22 - Sep 20 with 1682 viewsonehunglow

xG against on 09:11 - Sep 20 by jack247

3 points from 7 games. That’s got to be there or thereabouts with Russell Martins worst 7 game run with us. Even during that abysmal spell last season. Almost everyone, me included, wanted him out at that point.

Were you calling for Martin to be given time, as you seem to be doing with Duff?

Doesn’t matter what he thought
It’s all about this chap.
He’s not really inspiring right now.
Our owners seem utterly inept
All on all,it ll soon be Christmas
Deep joy

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

xG against on 09:37 - Sep 20 with 1679 viewsjack247

xG against on 09:22 - Sep 20 by onehunglow

Doesn’t matter what he thought
It’s all about this chap.
He’s not really inspiring right now.
Our owners seem utterly inept
All on all,it ll soon be Christmas
Deep joy

Yes I know, but he keeps calling double standards when the vast majority wanted Martin sacked when he was doing this badly.

You have a fair point though. Martin is in the past, hopefully Duff will soon be too.
xG against on 10:29 - Sep 20 with 1615 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

xG against on 08:07 - Sep 20 by magicdaps10

Nice question for the press?

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Login to get fewer ads

xG against on 10:29 - Sep 20 with 1614 viewsel_pancho

xG against on 08:04 - Sep 20 by magicdaps10

24 in the league so 25th in the league!??!

Typo from you?

This was copied from a direct quote, not a typo by me.

Hopefully the original article had a typo and Duff doesn't think there are 25 teams!

Poll: As things currently stand are Huw Jenkins et al more disliked than Tony Petty?

xG against on 10:33 - Sep 20 with 1600 viewsWhiterockin

xG against on 10:29 - Sep 20 by el_pancho

This was copied from a direct quote, not a typo by me.

Hopefully the original article had a typo and Duff doesn't think there are 25 teams!

Currently it's the only way we could stay up.
xG against on 13:08 - Sep 20 with 1486 viewsFireboy2

xG against on 08:59 - Sep 20 by vetchonian

Not like you to go against the crowd 🙄
xG against on 14:23 - Sep 20 with 1422 viewsQJumpingJack

If Duff is to remain - he should hire a PR expert to help him with his post match interviews.
xG against on 16:52 - Sep 20 with 1350 viewsBryanSwan

xG against on 10:29 - Sep 20 by JACKMANANDBOY

Nice question for the press?

If they bother to actually ask questions like that they wouldn't be allowed in.
Duff is done, he is just making it all up now, from his tactics through to his weird pressers.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

xG against on 19:01 - Sep 20 with 1292 viewsReslovenSwan1

Duff presumably has one or more football analysts alongside him. He can quote them directly as it is they job to furnish him with the data. I would expect him to be on top of this. We all know Swansea had a very leaky defence last season but were very sharp in fort of goal with Piroe.

Duff appears to be saying he will solve the defences issue first then build the team from that. This was his laying down building blocks. He talks about last season a lot.

Wise sage since Toshack era

xG against on 23:55 - Sep 20 with 1205 viewsploppy

I'm no fan of Duff but he's right about xGA. I don't know why people are struggling with this.

xGA is a measure of how many goal chances you allow the opposition. A low number is good, the lower it is the higher you are in the table. So if we're fifth in the table, that's pretty good. We're currently the fifth best in the league at restricting good chances for the opposition.

I can't confirm that we're fifth but he has analysts that tell him this.

On the flip side, I bet our xG is really low. Which is bad.
xG against on 08:45 - Sep 21 with 1138 viewsBryanSwan

xG against on 23:55 - Sep 20 by ploppy

I'm no fan of Duff but he's right about xGA. I don't know why people are struggling with this.

xGA is a measure of how many goal chances you allow the opposition. A low number is good, the lower it is the higher you are in the table. So if we're fifth in the table, that's pretty good. We're currently the fifth best in the league at restricting good chances for the opposition.

I can't confirm that we're fifth but he has analysts that tell him this.

On the flip side, I bet our xG is really low. Which is bad.

He is in no way shape or form right.
Last season our XGa was 1.25 P/90
This season our XGa is 1.34 P/90

This also ranks us 13th for XGA currently not the 5th which he wanted to state.

Our XGf this season 1.06
Our XGf last season 1.54

So worse on both aspects. Duff is chatting sht once again, look at Barnsley though. Fraud.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

xG against on 08:55 - Sep 21 with 1128 viewsjackrmee

xG against on 08:45 - Sep 21 by BryanSwan

Our XGf this season 1.06
Our XGf last season 1.54

So worse on both aspects. Duff is chatting sht once again, look at Barnsley though. Fraud.

So, not only are his performances and results terrible, he is also lying to the fans about stats they can simply look up online. Wow.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

xG against on 09:45 - Sep 21 with 1108 viewsploppy

xG against on 08:45 - Sep 21 by BryanSwan

Our XGf this season 1.06
Our XGf last season 1.54

To be clear, I said that I didn't know whether he was correct that we were 5th in the xGA table. I was merely pointing out that being at the top end of the xGA table is good (because it's an upside down table) - which some people didn't seem to understand.

Also, different models calculate xGA (and xG for that matter) in different ways so it depends where he's getting his stats from.

Either way, I'd be quite happy to see the back of him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024