Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Cullen Goes - Then Surely No One Can Defend The Owners ?? 21:36 - Dec 31 with 4051 viewsSTID2017

Cullen is a useful squad player who if sold would fetch a minimal fee and if offered a new contract it would still be a comparatively low salary.
Therefore if the owners sell him then it surely clear to everyone they are asset stripping and nothing else ?
Clearly a time for a change.
Be an interesting window

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

If Cullen Goes - Then Surely No One Can Defend The Owners ?? on 21:39 - Dec 31 with 2963 viewsbuilthjack

This next month will see what they are made of G
[Post edited 31 Dec 2023 21:40]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

If Cullen Goes - Then Surely No One Can Defend The Owners ?? on 21:42 - Dec 31 with 2947 viewsQJumpingJack

If they sell him and replace him with a better player then it could be a very small step in the right direction. But I doubt they are capable of finding someone better.

This window will all be about "player trading" and "assessing our assets"
If Cullen Goes - Then Surely No One Can Defend The Owners ?? on 22:02 - Dec 31 with 2902 viewsRichardO

If Ashby is no longer on ourr books an extra right back might be useful
If Cullen Goes - Then Surely No One Can Defend The Owners ?? on 05:52 - Jan 1 with 2725 viewsangryjack

If Cullen Goes - Then Surely No One Can Defend The Owners ?? on 21:39 - Dec 31 by builthjack

This next month will see what they are made of G
[Post edited 31 Dec 2023 21:40]

Fans been saying that every window..when people going wake up
If Cullen Goes - Then Surely No One Can Defend The Owners ?? on 07:09 - Jan 1 with 2715 viewsjack247

If Cullen Goes - Then Surely No One Can Defend The Owners ?? on 05:52 - Jan 1 by angryjack

Fans been saying that every window..when people going wake up

100%. They’ve been ‘learning from mistakes’ then repeating them for 6 years or so now.
If Cullen Goes - Then Surely No One Can Defend The Owners ?? on 08:24 - Jan 1 with 2694 viewsBillyChong

Bidwell left for a ‘nominal fee’ undisclosed. In a January window after banging one in a month or so earlier against Cardiff. He had featured in pretty much every game to that point.
If Cullen Goes - Then Surely No One Can Defend The Owners ?? on 11:55 - Jan 1 with 2580 viewsSTID2017

If Cullen Goes - Then Surely No One Can Defend The Owners ?? on 08:24 - Jan 1 by BillyChong

Bidwell left for a ‘nominal fee’ undisclosed. In a January window after banging one in a month or so earlier against Cardiff. He had featured in pretty much every game to that point.

I would not be shocked to see history repeat itself with Cullen

If Cullen Goes - Then Surely No One Can Defend The Owners ?? on 16:20 - Jan 1 with 2474 viewsReslovenSwan1

If Cullen Goes - Then Surely No One Can Defend The Owners ?? on 21:42 - Dec 31 by QJumpingJack

If they sell him and replace him with a better player then it could be a very small step in the right direction. But I doubt they are capable of finding someone better.

This window will all be about "player trading" and "assessing our assets"

Presumably this could be like Latibeaudiere. The players agent will want £10k a week and that is way too much for a player that does up to now not score enough. The player will ask for a wage that is not justifiable with his form. (as with JL) .

I believe he should be paid around £5-6k a week with a rise if he scores and assists more regularly. He should be 10 goals a season regular for the big money. When he gets there pay him. He is now 24.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Login to get fewer ads

If Cullen Goes - Then Surely No One Can Defend The Owners ?? on 17:04 - Jan 1 with 2432 viewsvetchonian

I would think after Friday and today his price will have gone up

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

If Cullen Goes - Then Surely No One Can Defend The Owners ?? on 17:42 - Jan 1 with 2374 viewsWhiterockin

If Cullen Goes - Then Surely No One Can Defend The Owners ?? on 17:04 - Jan 1 by vetchonian

I would think after Friday and today his price will have gone up

Any club that plays him properly will reap the rewards.
If Cullen Goes - Then Surely No One Can Defend The Owners ?? on 18:26 - Jan 1 with 2324 viewsjack247

If Cullen Goes - Then Surely No One Can Defend The Owners ?? on 16:20 - Jan 1 by ReslovenSwan1

Presumably this could be like Latibeaudiere. The players agent will want £10k a week and that is way too much for a player that does up to now not score enough. The player will ask for a wage that is not justifiable with his form. (as with JL) .

I believe he should be paid around £5-6k a week with a rise if he scores and assists more regularly. He should be 10 goals a season regular for the big money. When he gets there pay him. He is now 24.

You don’t know what the players agent would want or what Liam himself would settle for.
If Cullen Goes - Then Surely No One Can Defend The Owners ?? on 18:27 - Jan 1 with 2311 viewsKeithHaynes

If Cullen Goes - Then Surely No One Can Defend The Owners ?? on 18:26 - Jan 1 by jack247

You don’t know what the players agent would want or what Liam himself would settle for.

He’s on not a lot mate, we could triple it easily.
Not suggesting we do mind.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

If Cullen Goes - Then Surely No One Can Defend The Owners ?? on 18:29 - Jan 1 with 2303 viewsRichardO

One or two things need to be sort soon!
If Cullen Goes - Then Surely No One Can Defend The Owners ?? on 18:31 - Jan 1 with 2295 viewsjack247

If Cullen Goes - Then Surely No One Can Defend The Owners ?? on 18:27 - Jan 1 by KeithHaynes

He’s on not a lot mate, we could triple it easily.
Not suggesting we do mind.

Sure. I’d like us to try to keep him, but he’s not a break the bank type player.

His agent will ask for £10k and the player will want more than he merits is just making stuff up though. There’s no presumably about it, the guy has no idea what Cullen would want or what the club would be happy to pay him.
If Cullen Goes - Then Surely No One Can Defend The Owners ?? on 19:13 - Jan 1 with 2226 viewsReslovenSwan1

If Cullen Goes - Then Surely No One Can Defend The Owners ?? on 18:31 - Jan 1 by jack247

Sure. I’d like us to try to keep him, but he’s not a break the bank type player.

His agent will ask for £10k and the player will want more than he merits is just making stuff up though. There’s no presumably about it, the guy has no idea what Cullen would want or what the club would be happy to pay him.

This is a thread and in none of the other posts no mention of money was made. something "generic" only. Money is the key issue. He will leave if he demands too much and he will stay if he finds an acceptable figure.

Keith put up a chart on what he is thought to be on. £2,500 a week. Not sure a how accurate this is? . It looks pretty reasonable to me. He was only 21 when he signed that and has improved since.

Where money is concerned I do not mind speculating. Fans call the owners 'tight-fisted' but would they offer £10,000 p.w. for Cullen? . I would not. I gave reasons why. This money is for strikers who score 10 goals a season with 10 assists.

When he hits those targets the money will come.

You say "the guy (me) has no idea what Cullen would want or what the club would be happy to pay him". I think i do and I have posted it. Offer him £5-6k a week he has earned with an upgrade if he gets 10/10 goals /assists.

What would you offer him Jack247? I refer you to the chart Keith put up for relative wages.

If Cullen Goes - Then Surely No One Can Defend The Owners ?? on 19:20 - Jan 1 with 2213 viewsjack247

If Cullen Goes - Then Surely No One Can Defend The Owners ?? on 19:13 - Jan 1 by ReslovenSwan1

This is a thread and in none of the other posts no mention of money was made. something "generic" only. Money is the key issue. He will leave if he demands too much and he will stay if he finds an acceptable figure.

Keith put up a chart on what he is thought to be on. £2,500 a week. Not sure a how accurate this is? . It looks pretty reasonable to me. He was only 21 when he signed that and has improved since.

Where money is concerned I do not mind speculating. Fans call the owners 'tight-fisted' but would they offer £10,000 p.w. for Cullen? . I would not. I gave reasons why. This money is for strikers who score 10 goals a season with 10 assists.

When he hits those targets the money will come.

You say "the guy (me) has no idea what Cullen would want or what the club would be happy to pay him". I think i do and I have posted it. Offer him £5-6k a week he has earned with an upgrade if he gets 10/10 goals /assists.

What would you offer him Jack247? I refer you to the chart Keith put up for relative wages.

What I’d offer him is not the point. Like yourself, I don’t know what he would earn elsewhere or what the club deem reasonable.

His agent would ask for £10k a week and the player would demand more than he’s worth are the statements I’m querying.

There’s a difference between speculating and just making stuff up without basis. The fact is, I’ve no idea what his demands would be and neither do you. Writing ‘presumably’ doesn’t change that.
If Cullen Goes - Then Surely No One Can Defend The Owners ?? on 19:37 - Jan 1 with 2180 viewsReslovenSwan1

If Cullen Goes - Then Surely No One Can Defend The Owners ?? on 19:20 - Jan 1 by jack247

What I’d offer him is not the point. Like yourself, I don’t know what he would earn elsewhere or what the club deem reasonable.

His agent would ask for £10k a week and the player would demand more than he’s worth are the statements I’m querying.

There’s a difference between speculating and just making stuff up without basis. The fact is, I’ve no idea what his demands would be and neither do you. Writing ‘presumably’ doesn’t change that.

Forums would be pretty dull places if speculation was discouraged or banned. It is a forum. Go to BBC for all the facts you require.

If Cullen is sold for £500k (say) this forum would accuse the club of money grabbing and selling out. If the player however has demanded much more than he is worth then selling is the correct thing to do. Look at the title of the OP.

I have speculated on the basis of the figures available. You might say it is the matter for the owners. There are people on here who are 'notional' owners being members of the Trust. They have a direct link to the boardroom.

You a have a right to say "you have no idea". Good for you. I have considered it you have not.
[Post edited 1 Jan 19:38]

If Cullen Goes - Then Surely No One Can Defend The Owners ?? on 19:43 - Jan 1 with 2158 viewsjack247

If Cullen Goes - Then Surely No One Can Defend The Owners ?? on 19:37 - Jan 1 by ReslovenSwan1

Forums would be pretty dull places if speculation was discouraged or banned. It is a forum. Go to BBC for all the facts you require.

If Cullen is sold for £500k (say) this forum would accuse the club of money grabbing and selling out. If the player however has demanded much more than he is worth then selling is the correct thing to do. Look at the title of the OP.

I have speculated on the basis of the figures available. You might say it is the matter for the owners. There are people on here who are 'notional' owners being members of the Trust. They have a direct link to the boardroom.

You a have a right to say "you have no idea". Good for you. I have considered it you have not.

There’s a difference between reasonable speculation and ‘the players agent will want £10k per week.’

You’re bright enough to understand that.
If Cullen Goes - Then Surely No One Can Defend The Owners ?? on 20:49 - Jan 1 with 2088 viewsDr_Winston

I don't think Cullen is a particuarly good player. Despite an admirable work rate his all round game is pretty woeful, certainly worse than the much maligned Jerry Yates, who remains our top scorer.

He's improved from where he was Eighteen months or so ago, but he's not a player I'd lose much sleep over seeing move on if a replacement was forthcoming.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

If Cullen Goes - Then Surely No One Can Defend The Owners ?? on 20:55 - Jan 1 with 2068 viewsswancity

Woeful? That’s nonsense as usual. He’s a useful player who has a natural instinct in front of goal. He’s improving and might well make it at this level.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

If Cullen Goes - Then Surely No One Can Defend The Owners ?? on 21:06 - Jan 1 with 2042 viewsReslovenSwan1

If Cullen Goes - Then Surely No One Can Defend The Owners ?? on 19:43 - Jan 1 by jack247

There’s a difference between reasonable speculation and ‘the players agent will want £10k per week.’

You’re bright enough to understand that.

I respectfully disagree. Cullen (and this is not saying much) is the best local centre forward produced by the club in 20 years since Jason Bowen. He improves iteratively every season up to now.

It is 'perfectly reasonable' for me to speculate that his agent would ask for pay parity with the likes of Fisher Fulton and Tymon. If Cullen wants to stay this is the top shelf figure his agent would aim for in my opinion. He might settle for quite a bit less unless someone else (like Stoke) pay this wage.

I have seen Cullen wack in two beautiful free kicks now and he is known to be extremely practice oriented. He could develop into the clubs set piece man. Not had a good one since Sigurdson.

If Cullen Goes - Then Surely No One Can Defend The Owners ?? on 00:30 - Jan 2 with 1906 viewsSTID2017

If Cullen Goes - Then Surely No One Can Defend The Owners ?? on 19:37 - Jan 1 by ReslovenSwan1

Just to clarify my OP is suggesting the club offer Cullen a reasonable contract which I have no doubt he would accept, however my expectations are that this will not happen.
I expect him to be sold for a relative pittance "to balance the books"
Again you cannot post on one thread without bringing up the Trust.
Please clarify what part of how the current (mostly) American owners act in this window will involve the Trust?
Also not sure if you are using a spell checker and a thesaurus as your posts have altered in style and spelling over the past few weeks ?

If Cullen Goes - Then Surely No One Can Defend The Owners ?? on 09:01 - Jan 2 with 1813 viewsjack247

If Cullen Goes - Then Surely No One Can Defend The Owners ?? on 21:06 - Jan 1 by ReslovenSwan1

I respectfully disagree. Cullen (and this is not saying much) is the best local centre forward produced by the club in 20 years since Jason Bowen. He improves iteratively every season up to now.

It is 'perfectly reasonable' for me to speculate that his agent would ask for pay parity with the likes of Fisher Fulton and Tymon. If Cullen wants to stay this is the top shelf figure his agent would aim for in my opinion. He might settle for quite a bit less unless someone else (like Stoke) pay this wage.

I have seen Cullen wack in two beautiful free kicks now and he is known to be extremely practice oriented. He could develop into the clubs set piece man. Not had a good one since Sigurdson.

Ok. If it’s perfectly reasonable for you to speculate, it’s also fair for me to point out you’re just guessing, which you usually are.

The way you often construct your posts implies you actually have subject knowledge, which is misleading.
If Cullen Goes - Then Surely No One Can Defend The Owners ?? on 09:26 - Jan 2 with 1792 viewsjackrmee

We should never have let players like this run their contracts down.
If he’s on £2k a week, we should have given him an extension long ago.
We cannot afford to lose a cheap player with so many attributes.
He may not be Joel Piroe, but he does a job, he scores goals, he works harder than most of the rest of the squad, he knows the club inside out, all recent managers have liked him and given him chances, he’s loyal as fk, and I could go on.

He’s been basically doing voluntary work for us, compared to the rest of the squad.
He absolutely deserves an extension.
If he doesn’t get one at a wage of less than £10k, then it’s a total fail and the yanks will get stick again, which they will deserve.

I don’t believe the lad will request more money than he deserves, unless he gets an offer from another club in January as a free agent.
And if that happens, it’s the fault of the yanks for not tying him down sooner. They could have easily extended by a year or 2, whilst doubling his wage to £5k.
He bloody well deserves that!

Losing the lad for £500k or whatever we would get for a fringe player who is allowed to speak to clubs as a free agent now would be scandalous and another inept move by these charlatans who run our club

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

If Cullen Goes - Then Surely No One Can Defend The Owners ?? on 09:28 - Jan 2 with 1792 viewsjackrmee

If Cullen Goes - Then Surely No One Can Defend The Owners ?? on 20:49 - Jan 1 by Dr_Winston

I don't think Cullen is a particuarly good player. Despite an admirable work rate his all round game is pretty woeful, certainly worse than the much maligned Jerry Yates, who remains our top scorer.

He's improved from where he was Eighteen months or so ago, but he's not a player I'd lose much sleep over seeing move on if a replacement was forthcoming.

You think there are replacements in the same mould/quality, for £2.5k a week?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024