Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grimes says 'The squad is fine, we don't need signings' 10:24 - Jan 23 with 2540 viewsPlankton

We do pal, someone to replace you for starters Mr Sideways Crab.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/swansea-city
Grimes says 'The squad is fine, we don't need signings' on 10:44 - Jan 23 with 2504 viewspembsjack

A message from the board transmitted by Grimes to start readying us for no signings?
Grimes says 'The squad is fine, we don't need signings' on 10:52 - Jan 23 with 2481 viewsKeithHaynes

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Grimes says 'The squad is fine, we don't need signings' on 10:56 - Jan 23 with 2476 viewsKeithHaynes

Last weeks transfer report.

These are the reasons for us to be confident that the club is managing this process well.
1. However this and last month he has been repetitive and also reassuring when speaking about strengthening the squad. "What I can tell you is we are investing in data, we are investing in scouting, we are investing in (sporting director) Paul Watson and others and we are planning not only for January but for other windows as well."

2. "We have spent hours upon hours preparing for this window. The work has been in place for quite a few months now. I think there is always a need to strengthen any squad, regardless of where you are - any position in any table."

3. "I am the chairman and operating partner and the buck stops with me. We need one voice here as the face of ownership. That's why I invested so much into this football club, so that I could have that voice, and I can't wait to see what we do."

4. “As supporters are aware, we are in the midst of the January transfer window and there is a lot of activity going on behind the scenes. Our objective is always to make the club stronger in each window and that is our aim this month”

5. “We are actively in touch with clubs and players and we will be ready to act when we can bring in a player that will make us stronger”

6. Luke Williams : There is is "a lot of work" going into transfer plans. "I love it - this type of frenzy to make us better”

7. Luke Williams : “I can promise you there is plenty of work going on behind the scenes, and ultimately the aim has to be to make sure that anyone we bring to this football club is going to come in and make an immediate difference, as well as being able to grow and develop further in their time here. You don’t want to sign players for the sake of it, you want people who can make an impact, and we will see what happens in the weeks ahead”

Swansea : We are at the table talking & things will happen soon 20th Jan 2024 07:38
The Swans remain extremely confident that their hard work and lengthy dialogue with several players, in the UK and wider Europe will pay off. So says Luke Williams this weekend. 1

Grimes says 'The squad is fine, we don't need signings' on 10:57 - Jan 23 with 2473 viewsRichardO

Someone who wants to keep his place in the team would say that. He may have been right if we didn't have the injuries we have had but have we had the injuries because we lack the strength in depth in the squad for different positions.
Grimes says 'The squad is fine, we don't need signings' on 11:30 - Jan 23 with 2410 viewsnantywatcher

Moronic comment
Grimes says 'The squad is fine, we don't need signings' on 11:42 - Jan 23 with 2379 viewsOptimisticJack

If Grimes were to say any different then it would be a sad reflection on his team mates.
As I've stated previously Grimes for me would be the first team on the team sheet.
Solid and reliable.
Only question mark for me is his on the field leadership qualities other than the obvious of leading by example.

Optimisticjack

Grimes says 'The squad is fine, we don't need signings' on 11:56 - Jan 23 with 2355 viewshobo

Grimes says 'The squad is fine, we don't need signings' on 11:30 - Jan 23 by nantywatcher

Moronic comment

It's a misleading headline, he didn't say that.

“We need additions if it makes the group stronger and better,” said Grimes

“I don't think we need additions for the sake of additions, just to get bodies through the door."

He's exactly right
Grimes says 'The squad is fine, we don't need signings' on 12:52 - Jan 23 with 2255 viewsswan_si

Grimes says 'The squad is fine, we don't need signings' on 11:56 - Jan 23 by hobo

“I don't think we need additions for the sake of additions, just to get bodies through the door."

He's exactly right

Absolutely right.

I've obviously loaded this wrong as it won't play, but the full interview is available on Swansea City website, Southampton pre match interview.
[Post edited 23 Jan 13:14]
Login to get fewer ads

Grimes says 'The squad is fine, we don't need signings' on 13:06 - Jan 23 with 2215 viewsEagleEye

Grimes says 'The squad is fine, we don't need signings' on 11:30 - Jan 23 by nantywatcher

Moronic comment

He didn’t actually say that, read the article to get the context …

“I don't think we need additions for the sake of additions, just to get bodies through the door.

“I’m not in these conversations, if the higher ups are bringing players in to strengthen and makes us better, brilliant, but we are very happy with the squad as it is.

Edit: apologies to Hobo & Swan-Si, you beat me to it, didn’t see your posts
[Post edited 23 Jan 13:08]
Grimes says 'The squad is fine, we don't need signings' on 13:07 - Jan 23 with 2214 viewsKeithHaynes

Grimes says 'The squad is fine, we don't need signings' on 11:56 - Jan 23 by hobo

He's exactly right

We clarified it on the twitter post.

Grimes says 'The squad is fine, we don't need signings' on 13:12 - Jan 23 with 2184 viewsBarrySwan

Well apart from a whole new defence of course.

The whole team was inside the box for the last Southampton goal and they still didn't manage to stop the Southampton player taking a shot on the edge of the box.

the defence is nothing short of appalling and seem to have no pace, no quickness of thought and absolutely no idea how to mark the opposition..

Absolutely hopeless.
Grimes says 'The squad is fine, we don't need signings' on 13:14 - Jan 23 with 2169 viewsonehunglow

Grimes says 'The squad is fine, we don't need signings' on 13:12 - Jan 23 by BarrySwan

The whole team was inside the box for the last Southampton goal and they still didn't manage to stop the Southampton player taking a shot on the edge of the box.

the defence is nothing short of appalling and seem to have no pace, no quickness of thought and absolutely no idea how to mark the opposition..

Absolutely hopeless.

Except that is just what I expect a complacent yes man to spout.
He’s happy in Swansea.? Well boo boo.
That’s enough apparently
We could build a new team without him rather than with him.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Grimes says 'The squad is fine, we don't need signings' on 13:23 - Jan 23 with 2152 viewsQJumpingJack

Winter always said the objective was to be "competitive".

If that remains the case we need 6-7 new signings who are better than we have.

But with little to play for this season maybe these signings don't happen until July 1st?
Grimes says 'The squad is fine, we don't need signings' on 16:35 - Jan 23 with 1998 viewsPawelAbbott

Grimes says 'The squad is fine, we don't need signings' on 13:12 - Jan 23 by BarrySwan

Absolutely hopeless.

Southampton were repeatedly strolling past Ashby on Saturday.
There is no way he is Premier league standard
Grimes says 'The squad is fine, we don't need signings' on 18:10 - Jan 23 with 1911 viewsjohnlangy

Grimes says 'The squad is fine, we don't need signings' on 13:07 - Jan 23 by KeithHaynes

We clarified it on the twitter post.

Exactly. Nothing wrong with what he said.
Grimes says 'The squad is fine, we don't need signings' on 18:11 - Jan 23 with 1908 viewsRichardO

Absolutely hopeless.

The shot was deflected off Lowe who turned his back when closing down the shot, to be fair hadn't he just taken one in the challenge on the keeper for our goal.
Grimes says 'The squad is fine, we don't need signings' on 18:23 - Jan 23 with 1864 viewsBillyChong

Grimes says 'The squad is fine, we don't need signings' on 16:35 - Jan 23 by PawelAbbott

Darling as well. Southampton tore that flank apart in the first half.

The sell to buy model relied on by the yanks is close to busted. Their ambition is going to come to light in terms of signings. Wood seemed the obvious one next on the shipping line but his value isn’t now what it was.
Grimes says 'The squad is fine, we don't need signings' on 18:36 - Jan 23 with 1826 viewsWhiterockin

Grimes says 'The squad is fine, we don't need signings' on 18:23 - Jan 23 by BillyChong

The sell to buy model relied on by the yanks is close to busted. Their ambition is going to come to light in terms of signings. Wood seemed the obvious one next on the shipping line but his value isn’t now what it was.

Some of the players we seem to be buying recently are much older as well. This dismantles the buy, develop and sell at a profit format that we were successful with. We seem to have no progression plan and are treading water unsuccessfully.
Grimes says 'The squad is fine, we don't need signings' on 19:01 - Jan 23 with 1763 viewsRichardO

Grimes says 'The squad is fine, we don't need signings' on 18:23 - Jan 23 by BillyChong

We didn't fair much better on the other flank with Southampton having the spare over lapping man when ever required, one thing I will say was that Smallbone's movement on and off the ball was excellent and we benefited when he went off.
We seemed incapable of tracking their runners off the ball have got so stuck in the passing the player option which gave the fullbacks no chance to negate the overlap.
[Post edited 23 Jan 19:05]
Grimes says 'The squad is fine, we don't need signings' on 19:54 - Jan 23 with 1711 viewsmahoss

Well..... If we want to stay where we are.... doing nothing.........
Then no we don't need any.
However, good luck with that when people are spending
their hard earned on season tickets next year..........
Grimes says 'The squad is fine, we don't need signings' on 23:00 - Jan 23 with 1589 viewsguthrieintherain

Grimes says 'The squad is fine, we don't need signings' on 13:23 - Jan 23 by QJumpingJack

Winter always said the objective was to be "competitive".

If that remains the case we need 6-7 new signings who are better than we have.

But with little to play for this season maybe these signings don't happen until July 1st?

We are only 9 points above the drop zone with Leicester Leeds and Ipswich all to play soon.

Don't get to comfy
[Post edited 23 Jan 23:02]

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Grimes says 'The squad is fine, we don't need signings' on 07:34 - Jan 24 with 1484 viewsbuilthjack

Grimes says 'The squad is fine, we don't need signings' on 16:35 - Jan 23 by PawelAbbott

He is bottom half Championship.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Grimes says 'The squad is fine, we don't need signings' on 08:18 - Jan 24 with 1442 viewsjackrmee

Grimes says 'The squad is fine, we don't need signings' on 10:52 - Jan 23 by KeithHaynes

It’s not easy for a player to say that his fellow friends and players are too weak and they need to get rid of some. Easy to say the squad is strong enough.
At the end of the interview he is pushed into replying that they do need more signings and he would even say that we need players in the final third.
A very honest interview I thought, and not the usual pre manufactured replies.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024