Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Naughton 10:15 - Feb 18 with 4988 viewsblackpooljack

With all the clamour a few week back regarding out of contract players at seasons end to jettison the likes of Naughton and Allen after their ( esp ) Nauts performance in the last couple of games AND in Allens case replacing that waste of a shirt Fulton in the side, who on here would offer the pair a one year extension ?
Naughton on 10:21 - Feb 18 with 2233 viewsvetchonian

I think some sort of contract for Naughton but nit sure on Joe.. not convinced on his chances of keeping injury free.
But believe these two should be encouraged to do their badges and work in the Academy then progress to the first team bringing the players they have developed.
I always thought this should have been the Swansea Way under the sellouts ownership.....it could have made us as a club

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Naughton on 10:35 - Feb 18 with 2195 viewsonehunglow

Naughton on 10:21 - Feb 18 by vetchonian

I think some sort of contract for Naughton but nit sure on Joe.. not convinced on his chances of keeping injury free.
But believe these two should be encouraged to do their badges and work in the Academy then progress to the first team bringing the players they have developed.
I always thought this should have been the Swansea Way under the sellouts ownership.....it could have made us as a club

It’s time to move both on.
That simple
We need a reset
We are not a pension top up service

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Naughton on 10:52 - Feb 18 with 2174 viewsblackpooljack

Naughton on 10:35 - Feb 18 by onehunglow

It’s time to move both on.
That simple
We need a reset
We are not a pension top up service

Financially its going to be almost impossible to have a reset and try and replace all players out of contract plus there are at least 2 players that needed binning ( Fulton and Fisher ) that are contracted til 2026 and who in their right mind would buy them. I'd be more worried about the club offering Wood a new contract than either Nauts or Allen.
Naughton on 10:55 - Feb 18 with 2165 viewsEagleEye

Time for them both to go irrespective of which division we will be playing in
Naughton on 11:00 - Feb 18 with 2158 viewsonehunglow

Naughton on 10:52 - Feb 18 by blackpooljack

Financially its going to be almost impossible to have a reset and try and replace all players out of contract plus there are at least 2 players that needed binning ( Fulton and Fisher ) that are contracted til 2026 and who in their right mind would buy them. I'd be more worried about the club offering Wood a new contract than either Nauts or Allen.

Morning BJ
You make a fair point
I’ve commented ad nauseum on Naughton but he is a good pro for sure and can perform albeit to a limited level .
Wood is beyond shocking.
A champion sprinter I read ? Incredible
He lacks vision,strength and his passing is embarrassing,the very last to be expected to play it out from the back . No sane coach would ever have him as a play maker . Same with Cabango ,who was a decent prospect at once time but has regressed dramatically due to the “ coaching” he has had .

I’m not at all. We see desperation in the fans minds now seeing the current. Top of high placed te@m fixtures ending . Anyone thinking those against teams struggling down there with us will be easier are deluded. They will be fighting for their lives with any “ process” shelved in favour of pragmatism .

In short, do the forking basics

Naughton on 12:37 - Feb 18 with 2035 viewsWhiterockin

Naughton and Allen were excellent yesterday but 12 months is a long time in football, we need to have younger and better next season. Its time to move on.
Naughton on 12:44 - Feb 18 with 2015 viewsmax936

Naughton on 12:37 - Feb 18 by Whiterockin

Naughton and Allen were excellent yesterday but 12 months is a long time in football, we need to have younger and better next season. Its time to move on.

I'd rather keep them than replace with L1/L2 players, at least Naughts and Joey have been there and seen it at the top level and are more than aware of what's required.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Naughton on 12:46 - Feb 18 with 2015 viewsheatwave

How many appearances has he had this season? Surely you cannot extend a contract for an ageing, fill in player that Kyle has been this season.
But who knows.
Login to get fewer ads

Naughton on 13:19 - Feb 18 with 1972 viewsJumpingJackFlash

Naughton on 12:37 - Feb 18 by Whiterockin

You're right, we do need younger and better but there's virtually no chance of that with the decision makers in the club right now.
Naughton on 14:03 - Feb 18 with 1912 viewsonehunglow

Naughton on 12:46 - Feb 18 by heatwave

How many appearances has he had this season? Surely you cannot extend a contract for an ageing, fill in player that Kyle has been this season.
But who knows.

A four yr contract was madness ,then another year .

Naughton on 14:25 - Feb 18 with 1870 viewsKeithHaynes

Naughton on 14:03 - Feb 18 by onehunglow

A four yr contract was madness ,then another year .

He did his job yesterday, in the second half he pushed on and more central at times, he delivered some crosses just begging to end up in the back of the net.

We couldn’t do it.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Naughton on 14:41 - Feb 18 with 1833 viewsonehunglow

Naughton on 14:25 - Feb 18 by KeithHaynes

He did his job yesterday, in the second half he pushed on and more central at times, he delivered some crosses just begging to end up in the back of the net.

We couldn’t do it.

Agreed.
He had a solid enough game.
The fact he looked more assured than any of his defenders says much ,to me anyway.

Naughton on 14:45 - Feb 18 with 1824 viewsjack247

Naughton - yes. He’s 35 but I’d guess is fitter than a lot of younger players. He’s not going to be first choice, but he’s very versatile position wise. Worth having on the bench IMO.

Not so sure about Allen. He had an hour yesterday, if he can keep that up or increase it, then definitely. He seems to pick up a lot of knocks and take a while to recover from them. There’s no point if he’s just going to have cameo appearances.
Naughton on 14:49 - Feb 18 with 1808 viewsonehunglow

Naughton on 14:45 - Feb 18 by jack247

Naughton - yes. He’s 35 but I’d guess is fitter than a lot of younger players. He’s not going to be first choice, but he’s very versatile position wise. Worth having on the bench IMO.

Not so sure about Allen. He had an hour yesterday, if he can keep that up or increase it, then definitely. He seems to pick up a lot of knocks and take a while to recover from them. There’s no point if he’s just going to have cameo appearances.

Fair comment.
Talking of fitness,just what is the current score with Walsh .?

Naughton on 18:31 - Feb 18 with 1688 viewsblackpooljack

Naughton on 14:45 - Feb 18 by jack247

The reason why players such as Fulton hardly pick up any knocks is simply because they dont get involved i'd not be suprised if he didnt need his kit washing between games
Naughton on 18:39 - Feb 18 with 1672 viewsunion_jack

Naughton on 12:44 - Feb 18 by max936

I'd rather keep them than replace with L1/L2 players, at least Naughts and Joey have been there and seen it at the top level and are more than aware of what's required.

No substitute for experience but if it was just one of those two I’d choose Naughton.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Naughton on 00:22 - Feb 19 with 1507 viewsowainglyndwr

I though Joe & Naughton were jus has good if not better than others on that pitch
Naughton on 09:51 - Feb 19 with 1369 viewsjack247

Naughton on 00:22 - Feb 19 by owainglyndwr

I though Joe & Naughton were jus has good if not better than others on that pitch

Naughton was definitely. Joe played well but we looked better when Patino came on. Be nice to see them on together, but I don’t think he’ll drop Paterson or Grimes.
Naughton on 10:05 - Feb 19 with 1341 viewsjackrmee

Naughton on 10:21 - Feb 18 by vetchonian

I agree with this.

Maybe not quite enough to justify a well paid contract as a player.
But they can definitely do a job for us on the field still, plus their benefit in coaching capacity could and should be tapped into.

Player/coach contracts please 🙏

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Naughton on 10:07 - Feb 19 with 1340 viewsjackrmee

Naughton on 10:52 - Feb 18 by blackpooljack

Fulton has been a good servant.

Wood has to be offered an extension.
I’m not keen on the way he plays, but that good season he had, coupled with decent showings for England u21, there is definitely money to be made on the lad.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Naughton on 11:12 - Feb 19 with 1311 viewsswancity

100% for Naughton ( subject to salary in line with currently reduced accepted levels at the club )

But definite no to Allen. He’s finished. He’s run his race.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Naughton on 12:11 - Feb 19 with 1291 viewsblackpooljack

Naughton on 10:07 - Feb 19 by jackrmee

Fulton has been a good servant.

Wood has to be offered an extension.
I’m not keen on the way he plays, but that good season he had, coupled with decent showings for England u21, there is definitely money to be made on the lad.

Don't make me laugh.
Naughton on 15:53 - Feb 19 with 1210 viewsonehunglow

Naughton on 12:11 - Feb 19 by blackpooljack

Don't make me laugh.

That comment was tongue in cheek
Surely
Wood should be second out the door after Grims

Naughton on 18:47 - Feb 19 with 1156 viewsReslovenSwan1

Wood, Cabango, Parker (RB), Azeem (DMF) need to be backed. Wood is a great prospect struggling in a poor disorganised team where no one is playing well struggling with tactics that many have found very hard work for over two season . Everyone loves Grimes but the facts indicate a lack of leadership and organisation on the pitch. The defence did not need two or three more rookie loans themselves looking for guidance.

Alongside an experienced pro he would be great. Caulker was a teenage centre back thrown into the Premier league but he cruised next to Williams and Monk with Tate on the bench for moral support.
[Post edited 19 Feb 18:53]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Naughton on 20:23 - Feb 19 with 1108 viewsonehunglow

Naughton on 18:47 - Feb 19 by ReslovenSwan1

Wood, Cabango, Parker (RB), Azeem (DMF) need to be backed. Wood is a great prospect struggling in a poor disorganised team where no one is playing well struggling with tactics that many have found very hard work for over two season . Everyone loves Grimes but the facts indicate a lack of leadership and organisation on the pitch. The defence did not need two or three more rookie loans themselves looking for guidance.

Alongside an experienced pro he would be great. Caulker was a teenage centre back thrown into the Premier league but he cruised next to Williams and Monk with Tate on the bench for moral support.
[Post edited 19 Feb 18:53]

Disagree .
Wood?

Everyone loves Grimes ? Well,no.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024