Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Day Thread 14:29 - Apr 14 with 37542 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 16 Apr 2016 14:14]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 14:29 - Apr 14 with 10697 viewsjackharris

Away fans are housed on the very far side of the Sir John Hall Stand, in the top tier. Up to 3,000supporters can be accommodated in this section for league games. Be warned though that it is a climb of 14 flights of stairs up to the away section and that you are situated quite far away from the pitch.

So if you are scared of heights or have poor eye sight then this may not be for you. On the plus side you do get a wonderful view of the whole stadium, plus the Newcastle skyline and countryside in the distance. Also the leg room and height between rows are some the best that I have come across and the facilities on offer are pretty good. Away fans also get the best view of the new video screen that has been installed as it is located on that side of the stand.

The concourse is spacious and there is a fair selection of food and drink on offer including the Chicken Balti Pie (£3), plus the usual burgers and hot dogs, all served in Newcastle United branded packaging. There are also televisions on the concourse, showing live the game being played, with separate refreshment areas which serve alcohol, again in Newcastle United branded plastic glasses. 

Jeremy Gold a visiting Leyton Orient supporter adds; 'The visitors section is on level seven at the top of the stand. The view is a long way from the pitch, although it is still good. If you suffer from vertigo, don't go! The stewarding at the game I went to was fairly strict. However people were being warned against gesturing before they were thrown out. Unfortunately some people didn't take the hint and about five or six made the long trip back down the fourteen flights of stairs!'

The ground itself is one of the few remaining in the country that is literally right in the centre of the city. You are only a few minutes walk from the main shopping areas of Newcastle. There are plenty of bars to choose from in the city centre, but most away fans tend to favour the pubs opposite and around Newcastle Railway Station.

The Lounge

The 'A Head Of Steam http://www.theheadofsteam.co.uk/pub?pub=6 The Lounge' and 'O'Neills' are all recommended, but some of these bars will only admit fans if colours are covered and none of them admitted children.

Also nearby is a Wetherspoons outlet called the Union Rooms.
The Bodega on Westgate Road is listed in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide and has a friendly atmosphere.

[Post edited 14 Apr 2016 14:39]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:32 - Apr 14 with 10580 viewsDafyddHuw

To all you travelling Jacks - have a fantastic time. If we lose, don't go punching any horses please.
If we go out and attack, we'll win.
0-2 forme.
The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:51 - Apr 14 with 10561 viewsGlyn1

You think that things couldn't get any worse for Newcastle? You'd be wrong:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36044285
[Post edited 14 Apr 2016 17:52]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:59 - Apr 14 with 10541 viewsmarchamjack

if you haven't been before in the away end, take your binoculars

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:19 - Apr 14 with 10411 viewsWxmJax

Never mind binoculars, take oxygen there's a lot of stairs. And don't forget to buy your programme BEFORE you enter the ground as they don't sell them inside. Saying that, nice view of the Tyne Bridge and The Sage.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:23 - Apr 14 with 10409 viewsOldjack

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:19 - Apr 14 by WxmJax

Never mind binoculars, take oxygen there's a lot of stairs. And don't forget to buy your programme BEFORE you enter the ground as they don't sell them inside. Saying that, nice view of the Tyne Bridge and The Sage.

Is there a lift ?my mate is going up and the knees are well iffy ,he'll not make the stairs

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:36 - Apr 14 with 10390 viewsDewi1jack

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:23 - Apr 14 by Oldjack

Is there a lift ?my mate is going up and the knees are well iffy ,he'll not make the stairs

Yes there are mate.
Without binoculars, Leon looks like a Subbuteo player from up in the away end.
With them, he becomes child sized

Safe journey to all the travelling faithful. and cheer us onto a good win.
Enjoy the women and beer if you having a night out up there.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 20:10 - Apr 14 with 10321 viewsnavyjack

Group of us flying up from Bristol early doors Saturday. Coming back tuesday night. Like a pilgrimage.results been okay thus far.

For the first timers-dont worry abot steps/view.

Its the toon.The place is mental on match day and its a great city for a p*ss up.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 20:15 - Apr 14 with 10309 viewsSwansNZ

Another great official match thread jackharris

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 20:16 - Apr 14 with 10306 viewsSwansNZ

1-3 Swans

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 20:31 - Apr 14 with 10265 viewsWxmJax

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:23 - Apr 14 by Oldjack

Yes, I had trouble using it to go back down to try and get a programme. They let me out of the ground about 10 to 3 and it was like fighting against the tide, I was going one way, thousands were going the other, an amazing sight.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:10 - Apr 14 with 10188 viewsGriffting

They haven't won in how long? We are suckers for a sob story. Shelvey to probably have his best game in Newcastle jersey as well.. Or get sent off. Or be having his best game then get sent off. Only lost once to them in the prem, never lost away. The odds stack towards a swans win but it wouldn't be the first time we've lost against a team we should have comfortably beaten!

1-1
The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:19 - Apr 14 with 10169 viewsCooperman

I drove up last night. T'was mental on the motorways and took nearly 7 hours. Well done to those travelling on coaches, that's proper hard core.

COYS.
1-2

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:46 - Apr 14 with 10117 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Hopefully we've seen the end of that bore fest of a diamond formation .

1-3 swans with flying wingers please .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:22 - Apr 14 with 10039 viewsDr_Winston

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:19 - Apr 14 by Cooperman

I drove up last night. T'was mental on the motorways and took nearly 7 hours. Well done to those travelling on coaches, that's proper hard core.

COYS.
1-2

Roadworks on the motorway between Worcester and Stoke made a coach trip to Manchester last Friday take eight hours.

Doesn't look like much has improved since then.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:35 - Apr 14 with 10002 viewsjackharris

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 20:15 - Apr 14 by SwansNZ

Another great official match thread jackharris

Thank you!

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 23:11 - Apr 14 with 9942 viewsdameedna

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:46 - Apr 14 by oh_tommy_tommy

Hopefully we've seen the end of that bore fest of a diamond formation .

1-3 swans with flying wingers please .

Id rather get the points on the board. I'm pretty happy despite a large frothy contingent of whinnying purists. Defend and attack on the break. A borefest draw and no injuries but good application will do me just fine. I'd like to see routs Alberto and Ayew up front.
The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 02:40 - Apr 15 with 9829 viewsLoyal

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:35 - Apr 14 by jackharris

Thank you!

you are the King of Matchday threads.
And a cnt 👍😂

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 03:21 - Apr 15 with 9817 viewsCooperman

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:10 - Apr 14 by Griffting

They haven't won in how long? We are suckers for a sob story. Shelvey to probably have his best game in Newcastle jersey as well.. Or get sent off. Or be having his best game then get sent off. Only lost once to them in the prem, never lost away. The odds stack towards a swans win but it wouldn't be the first time we've lost against a team we should have comfortably beaten!

1-1

More chance of the sending off scenario me thinks.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 08:39 - Apr 15 with 9691 viewsClinton

Janmaat breaks his own fingers rather than face Montero again. ( with a tad of journalistic licence)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36049268

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 09:43 - Apr 15 with 9642 viewsPegojack

Have a word with the stewards near the turnstiles.

I went there the season before last. For some reason which I can't remember, there was a problem with my missus' ticket, it wouldn't go through the barcode reader on the turnstile or something.

We had to go and report the problem to a steward and he let us in at a door to the side of the turnstiles. Lo and behold, the door opened onto an area where the lift was, and at that very second, they were loading in the elderly and infirm away supporters to take them up to the seats in the Gods. Me and my missus nipped in and we were whisked straight up, avoiding the sixteen flights of stairs. Sorted!
[Post edited 15 Apr 2016 9:44]
The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 12:25 - Apr 15 with 9486 viewstomdickharry

Think its going to be a difficult game,Newcastle are not yet down and will come at us hell bent to get 3 points,you can bet your bottom dollar that Shelvey will be straining at the leash to get one over on us.After a hard match a draw is how I see the result.
The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 12:39 - Apr 15 with 9463 viewskarnataka

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 20:10 - Apr 14 by navyjack

Group of us flying up from Bristol early doors Saturday. Coming back tuesday night. Like a pilgrimage.results been okay thus far.

For the first timers-dont worry abot steps/view.

Its the toon.The place is mental on match day and its a great city for a p*ss up.

Me and a mate will also be on that flight tomorrow morning.
The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 13:57 - Apr 15 with 9369 viewsbuilthjack

Just arrived at Newcastle. Bloody cold up here.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 14:12 - Apr 15 with 9354 viewsEasternJack

The Official Newcastle United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 08:39 - Apr 15 by Clinton

Janmaat breaks his own fingers rather than face Montero again. ( with a tad of journalistic licence)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36049268

2 broken fingers and a groin problem.

Sounds like Jonjo's been having his parties again...

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024