Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who to start up top once Baston is settled 12:12 - Aug 7 with 3750 viewsMRH1983

Presuming Gylfi plays behind the main striker who will start up top LLorento or Borjan?

Poll: Straight choice between Bradley and Giggs. Who would you pick?

Who to start up top once Baston is settled on 12:27 - Aug 7 with 3270 viewspencoedjack

A nice problem to have for a change

I have no idea btw
Who to start up top once Baston is settled on 12:28 - Aug 7 with 3250 viewsHeadmaster

Could try both up top with Gylfi still behind them, see how it goes
Who to start up top once Baston is settled on 12:32 - Aug 7 with 3224 viewseddie71

I am assuming Baston, as we won't have spent 15mn on a backup striker.
Who to start up top once Baston is settled on 13:14 - Aug 7 with 3040 viewsawayjack

Hopefully FG will have a range of tactics this season that give both plenty of match time. Gut feeling LLorente will get a few goals off the bench.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2016 13:15]
Who to start up top once Baston is settled on 23:36 - Aug 7 with 2625 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Against Burnley, you start the more experienced player, who has also been here a few more days.

After that, it's the hot hand. And managing egos perhaps, but let's hope not.

One thing I think is a given is that, when Llorente is our striker, Montero has GOT to be on the left wing. If we're really going to keep playing Wayne, do it with Borja.

We've been watching Montero making fools out of good players in the corner for enjoyable patches of two seasons now. Imagine what those last two seasons would have been like with a very talented 6'5" dude, one who has always been know for his abilities high in the air, waiting on the receiving end?

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Who to start up top once Baston is settled on 23:39 - Aug 7 with 2608 viewsSwan91

whoever impresses more in training..... but i would say against burnley it should be llorente... he has actually had some pre season practice with us.
Who to start up top once Baston is settled on 08:54 - Aug 8 with 2354 viewscanhecatchit

Why not play Llorente up front with Baston just in behind him

Swansea City, my one and only love , oh and then there's the Wife

Who to start up top once Baston is settled on 08:59 - Aug 8 with 2331 viewsharryhpalmer

If we play with a single striker, then it has to be the player in form.

The fact one player cost £15m should be no guarantee that he starts automatically.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Login to get fewer ads

Who to start up top once Baston is settled on 09:01 - Aug 8 with 2324 viewsandrew

Who to start up top once Baston is settled on 08:54 - Aug 8 by canhecatchit

Why not play Llorente up front with Baston just in behind him

Think you may have forgot about gylfi Siggurdsson

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Who to start up top once Baston is settled on 10:06 - Aug 8 with 2216 viewsDafyddHuw

Who to start up top once Baston is settled on 23:36 - Aug 7 by Tummer_from_Texas

Against Burnley, you start the more experienced player, who has also been here a few more days.

After that, it's the hot hand. And managing egos perhaps, but let's hope not.

One thing I think is a given is that, when Llorente is our striker, Montero has GOT to be on the left wing. If we're really going to keep playing Wayne, do it with Borja.

We've been watching Montero making fools out of good players in the corner for enjoyable patches of two seasons now. Imagine what those last two seasons would have been like with a very talented 6'5" dude, one who has always been know for his abilities high in the air, waiting on the receiving end?

This post would make sense if Montero could cross the ball. So frustrating watching him beat 2 men and then run into a brick wall against the 3rd.
Who to start up top once Baston is settled on 10:40 - Aug 8 with 2145 viewsItchySphincter

Who to start up top once Baston is settled on 10:06 - Aug 8 by DafyddHuw

This post would make sense if Montero could cross the ball. So frustrating watching him beat 2 men and then run into a brick wall against the 3rd.

Myth. Out of Wayne, Nath and Jeff, Jeff is the only one who can on occasion put a ball into the six yard box. Wayne sometimes does but it's usually because he's mis-hit a shot. Nath can't cross and should be told not to attempt it.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2016 16:52]

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Who to start up top once Baston is settled on 11:25 - Aug 8 with 2071 viewsjack247

Who to start up top once Baston is settled on 10:40 - Aug 8 by ItchySphincter

Myth. Out of Wayne, Nath and Jeff, Jeff is the only one who can on occasion put a ball into the six yard box. Wayne sometimes does but it's usually because he's mis-hit a shot. Nath can't cross and should be told not to attempt it.

None of them are great at it. Montero can get the ball in the box, but they are always looped crosses with no force on them.. Routledge floats them across. Unless Dyer has improved, he rarely gets enough height on his crosses. None of them really whip crosses in. 6'5 or not, it's difficult to score headers when you have to generate the power yourself.

I'd say the best crossers we have are Kingsley and Naughton.

It looks to me like the full backs are likely to provide a lot of the width anyway, freeing up the wingers to link with Gylfi and Llorente/Baston
Who to start up top once Baston is settled on 12:26 - Aug 8 with 1992 viewsjasper_T

Naughton put in one good cross all of last season and he's been dining out on it on here ever since. He's as bad as Taylor. Both are stopped clocks with their delivery.

Montero's aimless lofted chips might work with a striker that's taller than every centreback around him, you never know.
Who to start up top once Baston is settled on 12:39 - Aug 8 with 1962 viewsveng9

Who to start up top once Baston is settled on 12:26 - Aug 8 by jasper_T

Naughton put in one good cross all of last season and he's been dining out on it on here ever since. He's as bad as Taylor. Both are stopped clocks with their delivery.

Montero's aimless lofted chips might work with a striker that's taller than every centreback around him, you never know.

Naughton had 3 assists last season which is pretty good considering he had to share half the minutes with Rangel.
Who to start up top once Baston is settled on 12:41 - Aug 8 with 1951 viewsjack247

Who to start up top once Baston is settled on 12:26 - Aug 8 by jasper_T

They won't. It's not just winning the ball ahead of centre backs, it's getting enough power on it to beat the keeper. Try throwing a ball up in the air and heading it as hard as you can. Then imagine a PL keeper in your way. It may work for knockdowns if we can get other players in and around Llorente though.
Who to start up top once Baston is settled on 16:11 - Aug 8 with 1773 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Somebody named Ben Darvil has started a series on HITC Sport to analyze the question of Borja vs Llorente.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/08/08/who-should-swansea-start-borja-baston-or-fe

Just hope the frigging deal gets announced soon. The longer this drags on, the more of a chance there's a buyback clause issue holding this up.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Who to start up top once Baston is settled on 16:58 - Aug 8 with 1678 viewsItchySphincter

Who to start up top once Baston is settled on 11:25 - Aug 8 by jack247

None of them are great at it. Montero can get the ball in the box, but they are always looped crosses with no force on them.. Routledge floats them across. Unless Dyer has improved, he rarely gets enough height on his crosses. None of them really whip crosses in. 6'5 or not, it's difficult to score headers when you have to generate the power yourself.

I'd say the best crossers we have are Kingsley and Naughton.

It looks to me like the full backs are likely to provide a lot of the width anyway, freeing up the wingers to link with Gylfi and Llorente/Baston

Rangel and Taylor can also cross. Nath needs to tear up the touch line using one two's with Leon or someone then when he get's to the byline he turns, gives it 10 yards back to Rangel who crosses it or passes it back to Nath just as he's about to hit the edge of the six yard box. Nath then either has a dip or puts it across face of goal. That's the way he's always played when he's playing well.

Asking him to cross it back or cut in to inside forward takes all the sting out of his game.

Who to start up top once Baston is settled on 18:53 - Aug 8 with 1586 viewsDafyddHuw

Who to start up top once Baston is settled on 10:40 - Aug 8 by ItchySphincter

How can what I see with my own eyes be a myth?
Who to start up top once Baston is settled on 18:55 - Aug 8 with 1574 viewsJackfath

Have we signed Baston then?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Who to start up top once Baston is settled on 18:56 - Aug 8 with 1570 viewsHighjack

Who to start up top once Baston is settled on 12:41 - Aug 8 by jack247

They won't. It's not just winning the ball ahead of centre backs, it's getting enough power on it to beat the keeper. Try throwing a ball up in the air and heading it as hard as you can. Then imagine a PL keeper in your way. It may work for knockdowns if we can get other players in and around Llorente though.

From what I've seen of Llorente he's more than capable of generating his own power on headers.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Who to start up top once Baston is settled on 19:10 - Aug 8 with 1529 viewsItchySphincter

Who to start up top once Baston is settled on 18:53 - Aug 8 by DafyddHuw

How can what I see with my own eyes be a myth?

I can't help it if you're blind. If you think Jeff can't deliver a little dinked cross you can't see or you don't watch us.

Who to start up top once Baston is settled on 19:11 - Aug 8 with 1523 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Part 2 of the premature Borja/Llorente debate:

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/08/08/should-swansea-start-borja-baston-or-fernan

Who to start up top once Baston is settled on 19:48 - Aug 8 with 1431 viewskyswans

I think it'd be Baston, once he gets settled.

Llorente provides us another option late in games. Whether we're up 1-0 and we have to defend corners and hold the ball up, or if we're down 1-0 and he comes on so we can bomb the ball forward. Just makes sense.

Problem is I don't see either agreeing to a "backup" role. So we'll probably see them shuffled quite a bit.
Who to start up top once Baston is settled on 08:01 - Aug 9 with 1249 viewspremierjack

I think in some games they will both play. FG will play 4 midfielders behind them in a diamond with no width.
Who to start up top once Baston is settled on 08:33 - Aug 9 with 1190 viewsReturn_of_the_Jack

Of course its going to be Baston (assuming we sign him)

You think we are going to play £15m for a player and not make him first choice striker?

Oh and Montero gets the ball in the box but they are never dangerous.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024