Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So what happened to the 3rd striker we were buying? 00:09 - Aug 22 with 2500 viewsmarchamjack

No news on that front? Looks like McBurnie will get his chance?

Would love to think after yesterday we'll get another CB, a better midfielder than Fer and the 3rd striker too.

No doubt European CB we've never heard of is what we'll get out of that lot.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

N/A. on 01:39 - Aug 22 with 1836 viewsHuw57

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 0:48]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

So what happened to the 3rd striker we were buying? on 01:49 - Aug 22 with 1825 viewsJackBaston

I doubt it will be Mcburnie otherwise he wouldve been on bench Saturday
So what happened to the 3rd striker we were buying? on 02:50 - Aug 22 with 1797 viewsphact0rri

I'd say quality CB should be our only concern at the moment. I still feel like giving our two new strikers and McBurnie some match minutes should be enough. Another creative outlet in midfield would be nice, but at the moment they feel like luxury signings.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

So what happened to the 3rd striker we were buying? on 03:27 - Aug 22 with 1779 viewsSmellyplumz

N/A. on 01:39 - Aug 22 by Huw57

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 0:48]

Why wouldn't he be a bad choice, the guy couldn't hit a cows arse, I really can't see the point of spunking money on olivera, you might as well give that money to Darran, be the same difference.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

So what happened to the 3rd striker we were buying? on 09:27 - Aug 22 with 1670 viewsMrSwerve

I really wouldn't be surprised if no one came in.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

So what happened to the 3rd striker we were buying? on 09:39 - Aug 22 with 1620 viewsmagicdaps10

I was happy with going with Llorente and Baston but as a few people rightly said over the weekend, what happens if we lose one of them through injury or suspension then we only have the one option with nothing off the bench.

He didnt hae McBurnie on the bench saturday so for me that says that Guidolin does not see him as ready yet.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

So what happened to the 3rd striker we were buying? on 09:43 - Aug 22 with 1607 viewsPrivate_Partz

Hopefully our new strikers fit the bill. In such circumstances I am happy with McBurnie. It could be argued that with 3 centre backs and an u21 cover we have enough there as well. However I think if we get another player in it will be in this area as it is vital the back four is functioning at its best. We have enough in midfield. It is just a case of keeping those players up to speed. Fer has had a good pre season and has started well although did fade somewhat in the second half on Saturday.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

So what happened to the 3rd striker we were buying? on 09:53 - Aug 22 with 1593 viewsmonmouth

Dyche puts it in context.

Burnley’s win over Liverpool will not stop Sean Dyche’s attempt to strengthen his squad despite the manager finding this harder than when last in the big league two seasons ago. “It is absolutely not easier,” Dyche said. “The market’s as hard as I’ve ever seen it. I’ve spoken to a couple of people I trust in the game and they say they’ve never seen it as brutally tough. It’s really a seller’s market and everyone who’s selling is asking for huge prices, and then there are contracts and agents and the minefield it can be. Sometimes it’s not. But it’s as hard as I’ve seen it, particularly for clubs like us. We’re always really open and honest about this — I’m used to it here but it is tough.” Dyche is undecided about the number of new players he would like before the window closes next week. “It’s not a number, more a case of people landing at the [right] time because we can’t cherry pick,” he said. “We’re not Liverpool, Chelsea, Man Utd, Manchester City and can say: ‘Right, we need him and we’ll have him, let’s got and get him.’ The market is away from us. So we have to get players who are available, some we think we can affect and shuffle our pack accordingly.”

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

So what happened to the 3rd striker we were buying? on 10:03 - Aug 22 with 1576 viewsBorojack

So what happened to the 3rd striker we were buying? on 09:53 - Aug 22 by monmouth

Burnley’s win over Liverpool will not stop Sean Dyche’s attempt to strengthen his squad despite the manager finding this harder than when last in the big league two seasons ago. “It is absolutely not easier,” Dyche said. “The market’s as hard as I’ve ever seen it. I’ve spoken to a couple of people I trust in the game and they say they’ve never seen it as brutally tough. It’s really a seller’s market and everyone who’s selling is asking for huge prices, and then there are contracts and agents and the minefield it can be. Sometimes it’s not. But it’s as hard as I’ve seen it, particularly for clubs like us. We’re always really open and honest about this — I’m used to it here but it is tough.” Dyche is undecided about the number of new players he would like before the window closes next week. “It’s not a number, more a case of people landing at the [right] time because we can’t cherry pick,” he said. “We’re not Liverpool, Chelsea, Man Utd, Manchester City and can say: ‘Right, we need him and we’ll have him, let’s got and get him.’ The market is away from us. So we have to get players who are available, some we think we can affect and shuffle our pack accordingly.”

Yes I get that but we have a surplus of over 15 million not icluding loan fees for the likes of Grimes and Bartley.
We didnt have a strker on the bench Saturday.
We are desperate for a CB and an AM as well.
There has been no.investment to date sorry if its negative but thats how I see it

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

So what happened to the 3rd striker we were buying? on 10:08 - Aug 22 with 1562 viewsPrivate_Partz

So what happened to the 3rd striker we were buying? on 09:53 - Aug 22 by monmouth

He is right. That is why I think clubs like us need a manager and scouting team that can scout the European leagues for bargains that we can ultimately sell on at a profit before bringing in the next bargain.
The Academy can help as well, although I am less than convinced the effort equals the results there. I will be happy to be proven wrong if we start getting top first team players via this route.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

So what happened to the 3rd striker we were buying? on 10:27 - Aug 22 with 1522 viewsjack247

So what happened to the 3rd striker we were buying? on 03:27 - Aug 22 by Smellyplumz

Why wouldn't he be a bad choice, the guy couldn't hit a cows arse, I really can't see the point of spunking money on olivera, you might as well give that money to Darran, be the same difference.

Agreed. Unless he has improved significantly, he would be a bad choice because he is shit.

Only plus point I can see is that he could probably also cover Gylfi in an emergency. We may as well just keep Emnes though.
So what happened to the 3rd striker we were buying? on 10:48 - Aug 22 with 1484 viewscostalotta

So what happened to the 3rd striker we were buying? on 10:27 - Aug 22 by jack247

Agreed. Unless he has improved significantly, he would be a bad choice because he is shit.

Only plus point I can see is that he could probably also cover Gylfi in an emergency. We may as well just keep Emnes though.

Nelson nor emnes are not good enough.

I'm thinking that the talk of nelson is a bluff while the real target is pursued. Well, I'm hoping anyway. Emnes... Contributed very little in his time here, has he improved? No! So what's the point of keeping him in the squad.

It's clears what this squad needs... A CB to replace Ash. An attacker/wide player to replace Ayew. And a creative midfielder. Then there is the issues we have at RB.

We've done well in recouping fees this summer and are in the black. Thus, we've not spent any of our starting transfer budget which leads me to think that there should be money available. FG will not in public say we need players as he will not want to undermine his players.

It looks to me as if we have nt learned from our past mistakes in terms of transfer windows. The question is if we don't add the quality needed in the next week will we get away with it again?
So what happened to the 3rd striker we were buying? on 10:56 - Aug 22 with 1465 viewsjack247

So what happened to the 3rd striker we were buying? on 10:48 - Aug 22 by costalotta

I'm thinking that the talk of nelson is a bluff while the real target is pursued. Well, I'm hoping anyway. Emnes... Contributed very little in his time here, has he improved? No! So what's the point of keeping him in the squad.

It's clears what this squad needs... A CB to replace Ash. An attacker/wide player to replace Ayew. And a creative midfielder. Then there is the issues we have at RB.

We've done well in recouping fees this summer and are in the black. Thus, we've not spent any of our starting transfer budget which leads me to think that there should be money available. FG will not in public say we need players as he will not want to undermine his players.

It looks to me as if we have nt learned from our past mistakes in terms of transfer windows. The question is if we don't add the quality needed in the next week will we get away with it again?

When I said may as well keep Emnes, I meant instead of signing Oliviera. Don't think either are any use unless it's an emergency.

What I think we really need is a wide player that can beat a man like Montero but can also link play like Routledge. They both have their strengths and weaknesses, if we could sign someone who had both of their strengths it would make a huge difference. Players like that won't be cheap though.

Based purely on the last two games, I'm less worried about right back. Naughton looks better than last season and I'm happy with Rangel as back up
So what happened to the 3rd striker we were buying? on 10:58 - Aug 22 with 1448 viewsBorojack

So what happened to the 3rd striker we were buying? on 10:48 - Aug 22 by costalotta

Spot on the market is difficult.
But it works both ways we got reasonable fees for Ayew and williams.
Also the Tv revenue has seen a huge rise so its all relative.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

So what happened to the 3rd striker we were buying? on 10:58 - Aug 22 with 1449 viewsNeathJack

Looking at our subs bench with the lack of options on Saturday, I would have been quite happy to have had Robson-Kanu there as an option for a flagging Llorente rather than no one as was the case.
So what happened to the 3rd striker we were buying? on 11:07 - Aug 22 with 1419 viewsjack247

So what happened to the 3rd striker we were buying? on 10:58 - Aug 22 by NeathJack

Looking at our subs bench with the lack of options on Saturday, I would have been quite happy to have had Robson-Kanu there as an option for a flagging Llorente rather than no one as was the case.

He isn't going to come here to be third choice. At the moment we have an injured centre forward and one lacking match fitness. Hopefully both will be ok before long. Anyone we sign will look at how much they are likely to play when both are fully fit.

I don't see us bringing another striker in, unless it's someone prepared to hardly ever play, or a utility forward who could potentially cover Siggy and maybe the wings as well as up front.
So what happened to the 3rd striker we were buying? on 11:09 - Aug 22 with 1405 viewscostalotta

So what happened to the 3rd striker we were buying? on 10:56 - Aug 22 by jack247

When I said may as well keep Emnes, I meant instead of signing Oliviera. Don't think either are any use unless it's an emergency.

What I think we really need is a wide player that can beat a man like Montero but can also link play like Routledge. They both have their strengths and weaknesses, if we could sign someone who had both of their strengths it would make a huge difference. Players like that won't be cheap though.

Based purely on the last two games, I'm less worried about right back. Naughton looks better than last season and I'm happy with Rangel as back up

Fair enough and I agree with your assessment of RB. Keeping Emnes or resigning Nelson is repeating past mistakes, if your not good enough your not good enough! Neither of these players should be anywhere near our club IMO.

Players are not cheap full stop mate. Just look at what's happening and fees being paid etc. The upside is the increased TV revenue. So let's not pretend that whilst transfer fees have gone up that our income has not, it has.

We've tried and been successful and failed in the past few seasons with transfers but there is an indication in those transfers as how they've (players ) done at the club. Since ML has gone we've been piss poor in our acquisitions for the most part. Make of that what you will.
So what happened to the 3rd striker we were buying? on 11:11 - Aug 22 with 1395 viewscostalotta

So what happened to the 3rd striker we were buying? on 11:07 - Aug 22 by jack247

He isn't going to come here to be third choice. At the moment we have an injured centre forward and one lacking match fitness. Hopefully both will be ok before long. Anyone we sign will look at how much they are likely to play when both are fully fit.

I don't see us bringing another striker in, unless it's someone prepared to hardly ever play, or a utility forward who could potentially cover Siggy and maybe the wings as well as up front.

Maybe we need to bring in someone who can play alone up top or as in a 3 behind? Chadli can do this.

Edit: not for 20M though
[Post edited 22 Aug 2016 11:13]
So what happened to the 3rd striker we were buying? on 11:40 - Aug 22 with 1305 viewsjack247

So what happened to the 3rd striker we were buying? on 11:11 - Aug 22 by costalotta

Maybe we need to bring in someone who can play alone up top or as in a 3 behind? Chadli can do this.

Edit: not for 20M though
[Post edited 22 Aug 2016 11:13]

Yeah that's pretty much what I was alluding to. Not necessarily Chadli, but someone with his attributes. As you suggest though, quality versatile players like that don't come cheap!
So what happened to the 3rd striker we were buying? on 11:59 - Aug 22 with 1256 viewsPrivate_Partz

So what happened to the 3rd striker we were buying? on 10:56 - Aug 22 by jack247

I know I am in a minority here but I like Marvin. I am sad it seems that he is being shown the door along with Franc. He has always stepped up to the plate IMHO despite having long spells out of the side and very rarely lets us down. An exciting player that can turn matches on his day and I feel it is a shame he has not been given the opportunity. When it did arrive he picked up a long term injury which was very bad luck.

So what happened to the 3rd striker we were buying? on 12:04 - Aug 22 with 1244 viewsAnotherJohn

The problem as I see it is that if we go on a bad run it will be even harder to get decent players in. January is going to be a scramble with clubs who fear relegation and the loss of the TV money raising the stakes to stay in the big league. Even another loss now before the window closes may well affect the thinking of target players. If we had beaten Hull we would be in a better position to nab somebody like Chadli, at least in terms of psychology.
So what happened to the 3rd striker we were buying? on 13:06 - Aug 22 with 1175 viewsgiantstoneater

So what happened to the 3rd striker we were buying? on 09:43 - Aug 22 by Private_Partz

Hopefully our new strikers fit the bill. In such circumstances I am happy with McBurnie. It could be argued that with 3 centre backs and an u21 cover we have enough there as well. However I think if we get another player in it will be in this area as it is vital the back four is functioning at its best. We have enough in midfield. It is just a case of keeping those players up to speed. Fer has had a good pre season and has started well although did fade somewhat in the second half on Saturday.

Are you not forgetting sods/Murphy's law!!
So what happened to the 3rd striker we were buying? on 15:46 - Aug 22 with 1057 viewsPrivate_Partz

So what happened to the 3rd striker we were buying? on 13:06 - Aug 22 by giantstoneater

Are you not forgetting sods/Murphy's law!!

Very valid point. Anything possible.

So what happened to the 3rd striker we were buying? on 16:26 - Aug 22 with 1005 viewsA_Fans_Dad

So what happened to the 3rd striker we were buying? on 11:59 - Aug 22 by Private_Partz

I know I am in a minority here but I like Marvin. I am sad it seems that he is being shown the door along with Franc. He has always stepped up to the plate IMHO despite having long spells out of the side and very rarely lets us down. An exciting player that can turn matches on his day and I feel it is a shame he has not been given the opportunity. When it did arrive he picked up a long term injury which was very bad luck.

Couldn't agree more, he can play anywhere up top and is very good backup in that respect.
I will be sad to see him go.
So what happened to the 3rd striker we were buying? on 16:33 - Aug 22 with 994 viewsjack247

So what happened to the 3rd striker we were buying? on 11:59 - Aug 22 by Private_Partz

It's probably worth keeping him at the moment, he is likely to be on a comparatively low wage, isn't great but can do a job in most attacking positions and seems happy enough not playing.

I'd be getting rid once we have a bit of squad depth though
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024