Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The best thing Carlos has done so far.... 10:26 - Feb 2 with 5336 viewsTheResurrection

All season we've waited patiently for Mesa and Bony to get game time or up to speed. Fans thought the squad was too weak and it was the worst in our EPL history, but Carlos has shown what it can achieve.

And he's done that without those two mentioned.

Watching Liverpool and Arsenal not many fans would've even thought about those two let alone bemoan the fact they're not playing.

And now, I think the same 11 needs to start again for Leicester barring injuries and what a bench we now have.

Bony, Andre Ayew, Tammy and King to name but the four.

We need to tap into the positivity Carlos has brought to the Club and really give him the total support he's deserved so far.

Onto Leicester.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

The best thing Carlos has done so far.... on 10:31 - Feb 2 with 4174 viewsJethroJack

Extend his contract NOW.
The best thing Carlos has done so far.... on 10:34 - Feb 2 with 4162 viewsPegojack

Couldn't agree more, Chris.

Watching on Tuesday, I couldn't believe how bluddy UP FOR IT our whole team was. They were totally unrecognizable from the bunch of no hopers who played the first half of the season.

I don't know what CC has done to them , but it's a minor miracle. We're a long way from out of the woods, though, so I pray he can keep doing it.
The best thing Carlos has done so far.... on 10:53 - Feb 2 with 4089 viewsTheResurrection

The best thing Carlos has done so far.... on 10:34 - Feb 2 by Pegojack

Watching on Tuesday, I couldn't believe how bluddy UP FOR IT our whole team was. They were totally unrecognizable from the bunch of no hopers who played the first half of the season.

I don't know what CC has done to them , but it's a minor miracle. We're a long way from out of the woods, though, so I pray he can keep doing it.

I can always rely on you Mike to reply to a football post. Good man.

We don't get many football posts on here anymore.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

The best thing Carlos has done so far.... on 11:04 - Feb 2 with 4051 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

He’s come in and shoved a rocket up theirs arse and got them to get the ball forward instead of trying to play a game their skills aren’t capable off .
[Post edited 2 Feb 2018 11:05]

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The best thing Carlos has done so far.... on 11:05 - Feb 2 with 4047 viewsLegend83

Presumably King won't be on the bench against Leicester?
The best thing Carlos has done so far.... on 11:05 - Feb 2 with 4035 viewsPegojack

The best thing Carlos has done so far.... on 11:05 - Feb 2 by Legend83

Presumably King won't be on the bench against Leicester?

Correct, he's on loan, so not allowed to play against his parent club.
The best thing Carlos has done so far.... on 11:18 - Feb 2 with 3962 viewsPozuelosSideys

Think a big part of this is personality. Whether hes a long term solution remains to be seen. But compared to that dour, personality-less twunt that was in the role before him, then he must be a lot more fun to work for.

Especially when has at least half a clue about tactics and the players he has

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The best thing Carlos has done so far.... on 11:22 - Feb 2 with 3949 viewsJinxy

Totally agree. Intelligent "Man" management is a rare thing in most walks of life - this is apparent in the contrast between the approaches of PC and CC. I've been on about this for ages - how important psychology is. A few weeks ago, not one of our players could cross a ball - the pressure was heaped on them by the coach, and yes the fans too (we need to remember this - Clucas mentioned it in his post-match interview), and it was showing in the performances. I did enquire whether we replaced the team psychologist (I think he/she were released a while back), but no-one seemed to know. We now have a coach that incorporates the role very well! In a recent conference, Frances Donovan asked CC how he was handling the pressure, and he laughed - he said something along the lines of family illnesses etc. being pressure, not football. He's obviously transmitting that to the players and it shows. We'll have some downturns of course, but in my view he's corrected what needed to be fixed.
Login to get fewer ads

The best thing Carlos has done so far.... on 11:23 - Feb 2 with 3939 viewslifelong

Our remaining home games:
Burnley.
West Ham.
Southampton.
Everton.
Chelsea.
Stoke.

With away games against Huddersfield, West Brom and Bournemouth we’ve got a great chance to stay in the Premier League.
The best thing Carlos has done so far.... on 11:28 - Feb 2 with 3894 viewsmonmouth

The best thing Carlos has done so far.... on 11:04 - Feb 2 by oh_tommy_tommy

He’s come in and shoved a rocket up theirs arse and got them to get the ball forward instead of trying to play a game their skills aren’t capable off .

See I don't think he has Tom. A rocket I mean. I think he's given them something they believe in, where yes, they all know their job, but that they are encouraged to express themselves. It is noticeable that they all look like a weight has been lifted off them. I don't think it was that they weren't trying before, I think they were scared of their own shadows and of actually doing anything.

Carvalhal's last three interviews have been things of beauty. Apart from saying three times that Mesa couldn't settle in England, obviously...
[Post edited 2 Feb 2018 11:30]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The best thing Carlos has done so far.... on 11:29 - Feb 2 with 3882 viewsTom1912

100% agree. Players like Naughton, VDH, Clucas and Ayew seem transformed at the moment.

I’d go unchanged tomorrow too.
The best thing Carlos has done so far.... on 11:32 - Feb 2 with 3865 viewsairedale

The best thing Carlos has done so far.... on 10:34 - Feb 2 by Pegojack

We’re not in the woods HJ mun, we’re in hospital.
The best thing Carlos has done so far.... on 11:34 - Feb 2 with 3853 viewsJinxy

The best thing Carlos has done so far.... on 11:29 - Feb 2 by Tom1912

100% agree. Players like Naughton, VDH, Clucas and Ayew seem transformed at the moment.

I’d go unchanged tomorrow too.

I think CC has transmitted the positivity, confidence and belief right throughout the squad, backroom staff and fans. He does think carefully about how to strategically defeat the opponent on a given day, so being as Leicester seem strong at home, he may well make changes accordingly (maybe Bony up front for example). In this new environment, I bet the "fringe" players can't wait to get on the pitch and he'll know that.
The best thing Carlos has done so far.... on 11:42 - Feb 2 with 3807 viewsPegojack

The best thing Carlos has done so far.... on 11:32 - Feb 2 by airedale

We’re not in the woods HJ mun, we’re in hospital.

Sorry, I forgot. I meant to say we're out of intensive care and in the day ward, hoping to go home soon, and in the meantime eating two sardines for dinner and waving to the neighbours.
The best thing Carlos has done so far.... on 11:47 - Feb 2 with 3777 viewspencoedjack

The best thing Carlos has done so far.... on 11:28 - Feb 2 by monmouth

See I don't think he has Tom. A rocket I mean. I think he's given them something they believe in, where yes, they all know their job, but that they are encouraged to express themselves. It is noticeable that they all look like a weight has been lifted off them. I don't think it was that they weren't trying before, I think they were scared of their own shadows and of actually doing anything.

Carvalhal's last three interviews have been things of beauty. Apart from saying three times that Mesa couldn't settle in England, obviously...

I agree he doesn't seem a rocket up the arse type Gaffer
The best thing Carlos has done so far.... on 12:17 - Feb 2 with 3685 viewsTheResurrection

The best thing Carlos has done so far.... on 11:04 - Feb 2 by oh_tommy_tommy

He definitely hasn't done that. He's just brought a positive outlook to their lives and told them they're better than they are.

They didn't need a rocket, they needed a new approach and belief, but I get your point.

The best thing Carlos has done so far.... on 12:24 - Feb 2 with 3645 viewsTheResurrection

The best thing Carlos has done so far.... on 11:28 - Feb 2 by monmouth

Agreed. Said the same thing. Make a wish.

The best thing Carlos has done so far.... on 12:29 - Feb 2 with 3609 viewssainthelens

He's given the team confidence, whereas Clement looked to have "world on his shoulders", that fed through the side, plus his negativity going forward in games. The Jackal has got us believing we can defend and attack, we also look bit fitter, but that could be down to the players state of mind.... being happier with the game plan he gives them. But no doubt he is working the oracle .
The best thing Carlos has done so far.... on 12:32 - Feb 2 with 3592 viewsOldjack

Quote ...We need to tap into the positivity Carlos has brought to the Club and really give him the total support he's deserved so far

We're already doing it you div,didn't you not notice that in our last two home games ,bouncing it was

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The best thing Carlos has done so far.... on 15:26 - Feb 2 with 3324 viewsSwanseaman

Carlos is a vastly experienced manager. Very confident in his own abilities and knows for sure that if the players respond to his directions they will improve. From the moment he took charge he was very confident in his ability to get us out of the bottom 3.

The amount of excitement and enthusiasm that he has shown and how happy he has been to get the job here has psychologically had a great effect on the players. I think he mentioned that he was meant to be a premier manager. He had missed out with the play offs and must have been a bit down at Sheffield Wednesday with the frustration of missing out on promotion.

His confidence and extrovert character has rubbed off on the players, some who were looking down trodden and lacking any type of confidence at all, have been transformed. He is a motivational manager, not the shouting, rocket up the arse type. He believes in our players, they are top players and he is loving working with them. There is nothing better than when someone believes in you to boost yourself up...

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

The best thing Carlos has done so far.... on 15:44 - Feb 2 with 3267 viewsTheResurrection

The best thing Carlos has done so far.... on 15:26 - Feb 2 by Swanseaman

Carlos is a vastly experienced manager. Very confident in his own abilities and knows for sure that if the players respond to his directions they will improve. From the moment he took charge he was very confident in his ability to get us out of the bottom 3.

The amount of excitement and enthusiasm that he has shown and how happy he has been to get the job here has psychologically had a great effect on the players. I think he mentioned that he was meant to be a premier manager. He had missed out with the play offs and must have been a bit down at Sheffield Wednesday with the frustration of missing out on promotion.

His confidence and extrovert character has rubbed off on the players, some who were looking down trodden and lacking any type of confidence at all, have been transformed. He is a motivational manager, not the shouting, rocket up the arse type. He believes in our players, they are top players and he is loving working with them. There is nothing better than when someone believes in you to boost yourself up...

Oh Tommy doesn't get the football side of things 😉

The best thing Carlos has done so far.... on 15:45 - Feb 2 with 3261 viewsjack247

The best thing Carlos has done so far.... on 11:23 - Feb 2 by lifelong

Our remaining home games:
Burnley.
West Ham.
Southampton.
Everton.
Chelsea.
Stoke.

With away games against Huddersfield, West Brom and Bournemouth we’ve got a great chance to stay in the Premier League.

All of a sudden it’s gone from 5 or 6 points adrift with a nightmare run of fixtures to being right in the mix and not having to play Liverpool, Arsenal or Spurs again this season.

We have looked superb in the last week or so exploiting teams that come to attack us. I think the biggest challenge now is going to be breaking down teams that come here for a point. Hopefully, that’s where Bony, Tammy and Andre Ayew come in. The current starting eleven is great for away games and the big teams at home.
The best thing Carlos has done so far.... on 16:19 - Feb 2 with 3143 viewsJoe_bradshaw

If we had started as well as we did (suspend disbelief) against Arsenal and then conceded the first goal under Clement we would have collapsed in a heap.

The reaction to that setback was outstanding. It was as though the Arsenal goal had never happened. He deserves massive credit for the turn around in mentality.

They now look prepared to run through brick walls for the cause whereas they couldn't kick their way out of a paper bag five weeks ago.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The best thing Carlos has done so far.... on 16:20 - Feb 2 with 3138 viewsFireboy2

Isnt it a breath of fresh air when Res isnt moaning about us fans not being happy with the sellouts and owners

Only saying like
The best thing Carlos has done so far.... on 16:21 - Feb 2 with 3120 viewswhiterock

5 wins from 13 games should do it, forget everyone else, our bench looks decent too... PMA goes a long way
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024