Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Coleman 09:49 - Feb 18 with 3843 viewsJackfath

Record at Sunderland speaks for itself;

P15, W4, D3, L8 Win% 26.7

Sunderland second from bottom of Championship on points diff. three from being safe.

Wales may have won the Euros had we a decent manager in charge. To think some would have taken him here as manager.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Chris Coleman on 10:00 - Feb 18 with 2700 viewsploppy

He looked a broken man in his post-match presser yesterday. Mind you, having John O'Shea as your CB would be enough to break anyone.
Chris Coleman on 10:11 - Feb 18 with 2662 viewsbuilthjack

He has taken charge of them at the wrong time. A poor squad, and no funds to put it right.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Chris Coleman on 10:17 - Feb 18 with 2646 viewsbuilthjack

A Swansea boy, taking charge of hjs country, and leading them to the semis of the Euros. Bloody fantastic achievement. If Klopp, Mourinho etc had come in and done that they woukd be lauded as kings.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Chris Coleman on 10:39 - Feb 18 with 2573 viewsLoyal

Going Going ........

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Chris Coleman on 10:46 - Feb 18 with 2545 viewsmagicdaps10

Never wanted him here. Think people got carried away with euro 2016 and thought he was some sort of messiah.

He had his input with the team but the foundations were already in place forr him. The spine of Ash, Allen, Ramsey and Bale had a big part in that great summer for the country.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Chris Coleman on 11:04 - Feb 18 with 2492 viewsBarrySwan

Walked into a difficult situation with a very poor squad.

However I'd never employ him in a million years, and thank goodness he didn't pitch up with the Swans as some were advocating. Struck lucky with the Welsh team at the right time.

Always reminds me of some thick bloke in the corner of a Swansea pub slavering a load of rubbish in his press interviews inbetween chewing gum with his gob open.
Chris Coleman on 12:06 - Feb 18 with 2370 viewsMattG

Serves him right for rushing to take the Sunderland job, IMO. The only rationale I can come up with for why he did so is that he must have been desperate for the cash.
Chris Coleman on 12:08 - Feb 18 with 2365 viewsdickythorpe

Nice bloke, terrible to listen to in interviews, P45 on way.....Sky will nab him so don't worry about his future.
Login to get fewer ads

Chris Coleman on 12:09 - Feb 18 with 2361 viewsmonmouth

Chris Coleman on 10:46 - Feb 18 by magicdaps10

Never wanted him here. Think people got carried away with euro 2016 and thought he was some sort of messiah.

He had his input with the team but the foundations were already in place forr him. The spine of Ash, Allen, Ramsey and Bale had a big part in that great summer for the country.

But those very players do speak highly of him don't they?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Chris Coleman on 12:19 - Feb 18 with 2339 viewsNeath_Jack

He got lucky with Wales, one of those occasions that everything falls into place and just happens. A one off.

Just like Leicester winning the Premier League, or Wimbledon beating Liverpool in the FA Cup Final.

I can't listen to the bloke talking, he goes through me the way he chomps on his chewing gum. If you worked with someone who chewed like that all the time, you'd tell them to f*ck off you dirty pig, wouldn't you?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Chris Coleman on 12:32 - Feb 18 with 2291 viewsmonmouth

Chris Coleman on 12:19 - Feb 18 by Neath_Jack

He got lucky with Wales, one of those occasions that everything falls into place and just happens. A one off.

Just like Leicester winning the Premier League, or Wimbledon beating Liverpool in the FA Cup Final.

I can't listen to the bloke talking, he goes through me the way he chomps on his chewing gum. If you worked with someone who chewed like that all the time, you'd tell them to f*ck off you dirty pig, wouldn't you?

Yes

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Chris Coleman on 12:37 - Feb 18 with 2277 viewsKilkennyjack

Chris Coleman on 10:46 - Feb 18 by magicdaps10

And Super Ben - the welsh big 5......

Beware of the Risen People

Chris Coleman on 12:44 - Feb 18 with 2260 viewsWarwickHunt

Chris Coleman on 12:19 - Feb 18 by Neath_Jack

I remember my missus watching Sam Allardyce slumped in his dugout chair, legs akimbo and chewing gum with his mouth wide open - "Who's that disgusting twàt"?
Chris Coleman on 12:45 - Feb 18 with 2254 viewsKilkennyjack

Chris Coleman on 12:44 - Feb 18 by WarwickHunt

I remember my missus watching Sam Allardyce slumped in his dugout chair, legs akimbo and chewing gum with his mouth wide open - "Who's that disgusting twàt"?

😂😂 ....she has a point ...

Chris Coleman on 12:52 - Feb 18 with 2227 viewsNeath_Jack

Yeah he's another one.

Although, there's no better sight than seeing him as you describe, as that's his "getting a pumping" pose.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Chris Coleman on 12:57 - Feb 18 with 2211 viewsexiledclaseboy

Chris Coleman on 12:52 - Feb 18 by Neath_Jack

Yeah he's another one.

Although, there's no better sight than seeing him as you describe, as that's his "getting a pumping" pose.

I remember him in that pose on the bench at the Liberty when we beat West Ham 3-0 in 2012 (I think). It was a most gratifying sight.

Poll: Tory leader

Chris Coleman on 12:59 - Feb 18 with 2206 viewsJackfath

I remember him standing chest puffed out chewing like a camel, laughing at Chico as he writhed in agony after a "tackle".

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Chris Coleman on 13:39 - Feb 18 with 2106 viewsbuilthjack

Agree about the chewing gum, it's disgusting. Ferguson was the worse.

Chris Coleman on 13:59 - Feb 18 with 2057 viewsswanforthemoney

He seems a decent enough bloke. For his sake, I hope he does all right with them.
Got lucky simply having Bale in his prime, just at the right time.
Just not good enough to manage in the Premier League at the moment. Everyone could surely see his limitations.
Was there seriously any danger he would be asked to come here?

I stand in the North Stand

Chris Coleman on 14:08 - Feb 18 with 2035 viewsWarwickHunt

Chris Coleman on 13:59 - Feb 18 by swanforthemoney

He seems a decent enough bloke. For his sake, I hope he does all right with them.
Got lucky simply having Bale in his prime, just at the right time.
Just not good enough to manage in the Premier League at the moment. Everyone could surely see his limitations.
Was there seriously any danger he would be asked to come here?

Two words - Bob Bradley.

Another two words - Huw Jenkins.
Chris Coleman on 14:56 - Feb 18 with 1950 viewsGroo

Taken from the Sunderland board

"So they have both had 15 games in charge now, so a good time to compare results.

Grayson

Sunderland 1—1 Derby County
Norwich City 1—3 Sunderland
Sheffield Wednesday 1—1 Sunderland
Sunderland 0—2 Leeds United
Barnsley 3—0 Sunderland
Sunderland 1—2 Sheffield United
Sunderland 0—1 Nottingham Forest
Hull City 1—1 Sunderland
Sunderland 1—2 Cardiff City
Ipswich Town 5—2 Sunderland
Preston North End 2—2 Sunderland
Sunderland 1—1 Queens Park Rangers
Brentford 3—3 Sunderland
Sunderland 1—2 Bristol City
Sunderland 3—3 Bolton Wanderers

P15 1W 7D 7L F20 A30 GD-10 PTS10

11v11 league table generator

A couple of heavy defeats, but largely draws or narrow defeats. More of a goal threat (obviously with Grabban), but conceding 2 goals per game.

Coleman

Aston Villa 2—1 Sunderland
Burton Albion 0—2 Sunderland
Sunderland 1—3 Reading
Wolverhampton Wanderers 0—0 Sunderland
Sunderland 1—0 Fulham
Sunderland 1—1 Birmingham City
Sheffield United 3—0 Sunderland
Nottingham Forest 0—1 Sunderland
Sunderland 0—1 Barnsley
Cardiff City 4—0 Sunderland
Sunderland 1—0 Hull City
Birmingham City 3—1 Sunderland
Sunderland 0—2 Ipswich Town
Bristol City 3-3 Sunderland
Sunderland 0-2 Brentford

P15 W4 D3 L8 F12 A24 GD-12 PTS15

Most importantly, more points per game - 15 points compared to 10, so 1 PPG compared to 0.67. Goals obviously dried up and after looking tight at the back initially, we have started conceding a lot more - 15 in last 6 games after keeping 4 clean sheets early on. 6 of the 8 defeats have been by at least 2 goals.

11v11 league table generator

Dropped a place and are 3 points off safety rather than 2 points and the goal difference is significantly worse than 21st which was in our favour in October.

Obviously both have had their hands tied but despite the better points return, our position and survival chances look slimmer."

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/grayson-vs-coleman-first-15-games.1418854/

Groo does what Groo does best

Chris Coleman on 14:57 - Feb 18 with 1934 viewsSgorioFruit

Chris Coleman made a massive massive massive mistake by not starting Ben Woodburn for the last two World Cup qualifier matches.

Thrown away

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Chris Coleman on 14:58 - Feb 18 with 1934 viewsGroo

Other Coleman threads on their board

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/colemans-signings.1418931/

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/chris-coleman.1418942/

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/coleman-detractors.1418907/

Groo does what Groo does best

Chris Coleman on 15:13 - Feb 18 with 1892 viewsbyron

Chris Coleman on 10:17 - Feb 18 by builthjack

A Swansea boy, taking charge of hjs country, and leading them to the semis of the Euros. Bloody fantastic achievement. If Klopp, Mourinho etc had come in and done that they woukd be lauded as kings.

I think the point is that anyone could have done well with that Wales team in the Euros, that group had been playing together since they were 15. Coleman isn’t a good manager, he’s ok but his record at various clubs speaks for itself. Terrible decision to go to Sunderland, just going fir the money/pay off etc....with little thought for his future after getting sacked in a few months.

Benny

Chris Coleman on 15:24 - Feb 18 with 1858 viewsKilkennyjack

Chris Coleman on 15:13 - Feb 18 by byron

I think the point is that anyone could have done well with that Wales team in the Euros, that group had been playing together since they were 15. Coleman isn’t a good manager, he’s ok but his record at various clubs speaks for itself. Terrible decision to go to Sunderland, just going fir the money/pay off etc....with little thought for his future after getting sacked in a few months.

The point is that Cookie delivered the greatest Welsh national football achievement of all time.

He built on the good work of Tosh and Speedo - but it was Cookie that delivered.

It is strange to suggest others could have achieved it.
Cookie actually did it. No ifs and no buts.

I do not want him at Swans - i remember his dreadful Cov team.
But nobody can take away what he did for Wales.

He gave us our best summer ever.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024