Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mike VDH staying also 09:15 - May 21 with 3425 viewsSwansea93

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/our-vision-will-be-key

By the sounds of this, he'll be a starter for sure.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Mike VDH staying also on 09:21 - May 21 with 3389 viewslonglostjack

Good news

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Mike VDH staying also on 09:25 - May 21 with 3355 views34dfgdf54

Great news. Will be massive for us next year.
Mike VDH staying also on 09:29 - May 21 with 3337 viewsmoonie

Better news. Possible captain?
Mike VDH staying also on 09:37 - May 21 with 3296 viewsPrivate_Partz

It is good news although there is a trend in what is happening. Those that would struggle to find a PL club are remaining. Those that think they can find one are off. Those that have been sent out to other clubs are off and the loanees are gone.
The news here does not hide the fact we have a massive job in both manager and player recruitment.
Who is going to run this show is the thing that worries me.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Mike VDH staying also on 09:44 - May 21 with 3244 viewsJacket

Mike VDH staying also on 09:37 - May 21 by Private_Partz

It is good news although there is a trend in what is happening. Those that would struggle to find a PL club are remaining. Those that think they can find one are off. Those that have been sent out to other clubs are off and the loanees are gone.
The news here does not hide the fact we have a massive job in both manager and player recruitment.

Getting the right players to stay and the right ones to leave is virtually impossible. Here's one I'd want to stay
Mike VDH staying also on 10:07 - May 21 with 3151 viewsomarjack

Wonderful news..if he could cut it at PL level,he'll be a great Championship CB,but we must find him a good partner (even if Bartley stays)

Let's hope the following core players stay..

VDH (starting CB)
Roberts (starting RB)
Bartley (CB who'll have a big role either starting or from the bench)
Olsson (starting LB)
Fer (starting CMF)
Clucas (let's find a system where we can pay him as LM)
Carroll (back-up CMF,big role)
J.Ayew (starting RW/LW/CF,depends on our formation,probably will be our best player)
Dyer (back up winger)
Mcburnie (a CF with a big role,but we still need to get an extra CF to challenge him)

That's very realistic if we play our cards right..and with 3-4 signings that can get into the starting 11,add to that some of our best academy players..and next season could actually be an exciting one.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Mike VDH staying also on 10:09 - May 21 with 3139 viewsNeath_Jack

I hope he does stay, but let’s be grown up about this, because if a half decent offer comes in from a premier league side, he’ll be off quicker than you can say, dancing amongst the tulips.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Mike VDH staying also on 10:09 - May 21 with 3134 viewsAl_Bundy

Mike VDH staying also on 10:07 - May 21 by omarjack

Wonderful news..if he could cut it at PL level,he'll be a great Championship CB,but we must find him a good partner (even if Bartley stays)

VDH (starting CB)
Roberts (starting RB)
Olsson (starting LB)
Fer (starting CMF)
J.Ayew (starting RW/LW/CF,depends on our formation,probably will be our best player)
Dyer (back up winger)
Mcburnie (a CF with a big role,but we still need to get an extra CF to challenge him)

That's very realistic if we play our cards right..and with 3-4 signings that can get into the starting 11,add to that some of our best academy players..and next season could actually be an exciting one.

No way will Bartley stay if he's on the bench. If Leeds come in he'll be off.
Login to get fewer ads

Mike VDH staying also on 10:18 - May 21 with 3087 viewsJacket

VDH (starting CB)
Roberts (starting RB)
Olsson (starting LB)
Fer (starting CMF)
Dyer (back up winger)

I'd be surprised if Jordan Ayew will still be here but I'd say the rest will all be here. One thing is for sure, you can bet your bottom dollar that Routledge will still be here.
Mike VDH staying also on 10:22 - May 21 with 3070 viewsJoe_bradshaw

VDH (starting CB)
Roberts (starting RB)
Olsson (starting LB)
Fer (starting CMF)
Dyer (back up winger)

I think it’s more likely that Andre will stay rather than Jordan. Mainly because Jordan has looked the better player so is more likely to be in demand. If we want anything like the £18M back for Andre we’ll be struggling to find any takers I fear.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Mike VDH staying also on 10:24 - May 21 with 3060 viewsomarjack

Mike VDH staying also on 10:22 - May 21 by Joe_bradshaw

I think it’s more likely that Andre will stay rather than Jordan. Mainly because Jordan has looked the better player so is more likely to be in demand. If we want anything like the £18M back for Andre we’ll be struggling to find any takers I fear.

I suspect Andre has an easy 10-12 m relegation release clause (we bought him at a very desperate time and he was holding the cards)..many clubs in France or somewhere else would be interested..

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Mike VDH staying also on 11:18 - May 21 with 2836 views3swan

Mike VDH staying also on 10:09 - May 21 by Al_Bundy

No way will Bartley stay if he's on the bench. If Leeds come in he'll be off.

Realistic offer from Leeds or Rangers and he's gone imo
Mike VDH staying also on 11:38 - May 21 with 2741 viewsdobjack2

Mike VDH staying also on 11:18 - May 21 by 3swan

Realistic offer from Leeds or Rangers and he's gone imo

As will be mcburnie
Mike VDH staying also on 11:41 - May 21 with 2728 viewsLoyal

VDH.
Another player who has earned my respect today.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Mike VDH staying also on 11:45 - May 21 with 2705 viewsmajorraglan

There may be some of the Press Office influence in it, but he’s pinned his colours to the mast and is happy to stay and fight which is a positive. Club needs to get on with appointing a manager now and developing a style of play as he alludes to.
Mike VDH staying also on 12:11 - May 21 with 2616 viewsFireboy2

Happy with this one

VDH is suited to championship football
Mike VDH staying also on 12:16 - May 21 with 2595 viewsItchySphincter

Mike VDH staying also on 09:37 - May 21 by Private_Partz

He could find a top flight club in a couple of different countries if he was so inclined.

Looks very decent in a three.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Mike VDH staying also on 12:23 - May 21 with 2564 viewsAce_Jack

VDH has been on better form than Mawson for the last 6 months.

He's a rough and ready Center half and should flourish in the championship where you don't get booked for as little as looking at Marcus Rashford the wrong way.
Mike VDH staying also on 12:35 - May 21 with 2518 viewsDr_Winston

Mike VDH staying also on 12:11 - May 21 by Fireboy2

Happy with this one

VDH is suited to championship football

He was suited to the Prem last season. Arguably our most consistently decent defender.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Mike VDH staying also on 13:52 - May 21 with 2298 viewsTheKirkyLife

Real big fan of Iron Mike after this season. One of the players who genuinely played for the badge.
Mike VDH staying also on 22:30 - May 21 with 1874 viewsDJack

Mike VDH staying also on 12:35 - May 21 by Dr_Winston

He was suited to the Prem last season. Arguably our most consistently decent defender.

Agreed, not error free but if you watched any other centre-half for a season you would see mistakes.

A crappy day made better by this news.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Mike VDH staying also on 07:26 - May 22 with 1569 viewsvalleyboy

VDH (starting CB)
Roberts (starting RB)
Olsson (starting LB)
Fer (starting CMF)
Dyer (back up winger)

If you think that the likes of Fer, Clucas and Carroll will be any better in the Championship, then think again

Clucas:- I’ve never understood that signing. Not even good enough for the Championship

Fer:- It’s the last place you want a lazy player playing is in the Championship

Carrol:- Swansea fans have criticised him a lot playing in the Premier League. Will be just the same next season in the Championship
Mike VDH staying also on 07:32 - May 22 with 1560 viewsnantywatcher

Mike VDH staying also on 07:26 - May 22 by valleyboy

If you think that the likes of Fer, Clucas and Carroll will be any better in the Championship, then think again

Clucas:- I’ve never understood that signing. Not even good enough for the Championship

Carrol:- Swansea fans have criticised him a lot playing in the Premier League. Will be just the same next season in the Championship

Ridiculous post - clueless at best.
Mike VDH staying also on 07:34 - May 22 with 1555 viewsvalleyboy

Mike VDH staying also on 07:32 - May 22 by nantywatcher

Ridiculous post - clueless at best.

Well it won’t be long before you find out
Mike VDH staying also on 08:25 - May 22 with 1493 viewsLoyal

Mike VDH staying also on 07:26 - May 22 by valleyboy

Swansea fan ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024