Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone been to the Kardomah lately? 21:16 - Nov 21 with 2856 viewsdickythorpe

Haven't been in years.
Anyone been to the Kardomah lately? on 21:25 - Nov 21 with 2196 viewsPrivate_Partz

I was there a few days ago. Exactly the same as when my mam used to take me there and I am 65 now. Plently of helpful, attentive staff and the food was decent. Busy as well.
I had not been there for decades but will go back.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Anyone been to the Kardomah lately? on 21:52 - Nov 21 with 2156 viewsFieryJack

Would have been interesting to visit the original Kardomah in Castle Street in the 30's, along with the original 3 Lamps pub.

All bombed to the ground, of course, in 1941, along with virtually all of the rest of the town centre - and replaced in the 50's by the (still-standing) bland, characterless garbage architecture on display in the Kingsway, Princess Street, Oxford Street, Portland Street etc.

Do the waitresses still wear those traditional black and white uniforms in there?
Anyone been to the Kardomah lately? on 22:18 - Nov 21 with 2111 viewsGowerjack

Anyone been to the Kardomah lately? on 21:52 - Nov 21 by FieryJack

Would have been interesting to visit the original Kardomah in Castle Street in the 30's, along with the original 3 Lamps pub.

All bombed to the ground, of course, in 1941, along with virtually all of the rest of the town centre - and replaced in the 50's by the (still-standing) bland, characterless garbage architecture on display in the Kingsway, Princess Street, Oxford Street, Portland Street etc.

Do the waitresses still wear those traditional black and white uniforms in there?

That bland characterless architecture has stood the test of time however.

Compare and contrast to that ugly building that replaced the old David Evans.

It's what 10 years old tops?

Covered in scaffolding as all the cladding needs replacing.

As I've said before..

Pretty Shitty City.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Anyone been to the Kardomah lately? on 23:04 - Nov 21 with 2072 viewsPrivate_Partz

Anyone been to the Kardomah lately? on 22:18 - Nov 21 by Gowerjack

That bland characterless architecture has stood the test of time however.

Compare and contrast to that ugly building that replaced the old David Evans.

It's what 10 years old tops?

Covered in scaffolding as all the cladding needs replacing.

As I've said before..

Pretty Shitty City.

I think building was a higher quality in the fifties rather than the concrete and wooden structures today that have cladding hung on the outside.
For me the shame was that we did not rebuild the City on its original footprint. Same as other bombed out European Cities.
It amazed me that nearly 15 years after the war ended Swansea was still a flattened wasteland.
It seems the marginalisation of Swansea had started and the tin hat was put on it when Cardiff won a half baked competition plus the advent of the EU and the Assembly.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Anyone been to the Kardomah lately? on 23:12 - Nov 21 with 2052 viewsbuilthjack

Same outfits when I was last in there, about a year ago

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Anyone been to the Kardomah lately? on 23:21 - Nov 21 with 2048 viewstheloneranger

[Post edited 21 Nov 2018 23:21]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Anyone been to the Kardomah lately? on 05:29 - Nov 22 with 1967 viewssquarebear

Great place for a bit of people-watching. I love popping in there. It feels like a real throwback, with good cafe food.
Anyone been to the Kardomah lately? on 08:42 - Nov 22 with 1878 viewsBrynCartwright

Sirloin steak with all the trimmings for 8.95! Wow.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone been to the Kardomah lately? on 12:16 - Nov 22 with 1799 viewsGreatBritton

The food may be satisfactory but where are the poets of yesteryear?
Anyone been to the Kardomah lately? on 12:22 - Nov 22 with 1795 viewsLeonWasGod

It won't have changed in those years. The father in law loves it as he's all about how much food you can get on a plate, whatever it is.
Anyone been to the Kardomah lately? on 15:07 - Nov 22 with 1732 viewsLohengrin

Anyone been to the Kardomah lately? on 12:16 - Nov 22 by GreatBritton

The food may be satisfactory but where are the poets of yesteryear?

All in the pub along with ‘the dark philosophers.’

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Anyone been to the Kardomah lately? on 15:16 - Nov 22 with 1727 viewsBrynCartwright

Our family used to go to the Windsor cafe on Cradock St, but haven't been there in years. Fantastic chips and large portions. Must make a pilgrimage soon to both establishments.

Anyone been to the Kardomah lately? on 15:29 - Nov 22 with 1723 viewsBrynCartwright

Anyone been to the Kardomah lately? on 15:16 - Nov 22 by BrynCartwright

Our family used to go to the Windsor cafe on Cradock St, but haven't been there in years. Fantastic chips and large portions. Must make a pilgrimage soon to both establishments.

Just checked on Google and it looks like the Windsor closed a couple of years back. Shows how often I am in the City Centre these days! Shame as my Grandad used to love that place.

Anyone been to the Kardomah lately? on 15:41 - Nov 22 with 1711 viewsNogginthenog

Anyone been to the Kardomah lately? on 15:29 - Nov 22 by BrynCartwright

Just checked on Google and it looks like the Windsor closed a couple of years back. Shows how often I am in the City Centre these days! Shame as my Grandad used to love that place.

Yes closed. Halcyon days in Dynevor school. Eynons for a batch, hololwed out and filled with chips from Windsor.
Anyone been to the Kardomah lately? on 15:48 - Nov 22 with 1705 viewsMuteswan

I think a poster on here was one of the owners of the Windsor Cafe.
Anyone been to the Kardomah lately? on 15:50 - Nov 22 with 1698 viewsjackal

Thank you.

Nice to hear you say so.

We retired 7 years ago after 42 years there.
Anyone been to the Kardomah lately? on 15:59 - Nov 22 with 1694 viewsBrynCartwright

Anyone been to the Kardomah lately? on 15:50 - Nov 22 by jackal

Thank you.

Nice to hear you say so.

We retired 7 years ago after 42 years there.

Ah..it's you Jackal. Well done to you and your team for serving up so many tasty meals over the years. Mr Morgan Harries, ex Graig Merthyr Colliery Fireman used to make a bee-line to your place.

Hope you are enjoying your retirement!

Anyone been to the Kardomah lately? on 16:06 - Nov 22 with 1685 viewsjackal

Anyone been to the Kardomah lately? on 15:59 - Nov 22 by BrynCartwright

Ah..it's you Jackal. Well done to you and your team for serving up so many tasty meals over the years. Mr Morgan Harries, ex Graig Merthyr Colliery Fireman used to make a bee-line to your place.

Hope you are enjoying your retirement!

Thanks again! We had many loyal customers. Great to hear about them. We knew faces better than names.

Loving retirement. It means that I can never miss a Swan's game.
Anyone been to the Kardomah lately? on 18:15 - Nov 22 with 1610 viewsGowerjack

Anyone been to the Kardomah lately? on 16:06 - Nov 22 by jackal

Thanks again! We had many loyal customers. Great to hear about them. We knew faces better than names.

Lovely gravy & chips back in the day

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Anyone been to the Kardomah lately? on 18:35 - Nov 22 with 1594 viewsLohengrin

Anyone been to the Kardomah lately? on 18:15 - Nov 22 by Gowerjack

Lovely gravy & chips back in the day

Never mind the food, it was all the girls dressed like a Lyons Nippy that was the big attraction for me...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Anyone been to the Kardomah lately? on 22:12 - Nov 22 with 1481 viewsunion_jack

Battered rissoles. Oh yes!

Couldn't you find someone to take it on as a going concern?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Anyone been to the Kardomah lately? on 05:56 - Nov 23 with 1418 viewsjackal

Anyone been to the Kardomah lately? on 22:12 - Nov 22 by union_jack

Battered rissoles. Oh yes!

Couldn't you find someone to take it on as a going concern?

We did and they ran it for 5 years after we retired.

But it didn't work out for them.
Anyone been to the Kardomah lately? on 06:20 - Nov 23 with 1413 viewsdickythorpe

Anyone been to the Kardomah lately? on 05:56 - Nov 23 by jackal

We did and they ran it for 5 years after we retired.

But it didn't work out for them.

Take away roast dinners were a genius idea. Happy retirement.
Anyone been to the Kardomah lately? on 07:46 - Nov 23 with 1383 viewsjackal

Anyone been to the Kardomah lately? on 06:20 - Nov 23 by dickythorpe

Take away roast dinners were a genius idea. Happy retirement.

Thanks, mate!

Yes, they went well. Some people used to take them home for Sunday lunch.
Anyone been to the Kardomah lately? on 09:19 - Nov 23 with 1350 viewsWarwickHunt

The Windsor was a serious treat when I was a kid.

Hats off.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024