Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Food recipes 12:46 - Mar 25 with 1814 viewsEbo

Some of us will be going out to get food for ourselves and for others so I thought I would start a thread so that we can share ideas to use up what we may have in our cupboards.

Here is a simple bread and butter pudding. Comforting and very sweet.

- Grease a baking tray with butter.
- Slice up enough bread to cover the bottom of the tray so they overlap.
- Butter the bread and place in the tray
- Whisk together 3 eggs and once mixed well add 1 mug of milk and whisk until foamy
- Pour the mixture over the bread in the tray, press down slightly to absorb the liquid and leave for about an hour
- Preheat an oven to around gas 5
- Sprinkle some sugar over the bread in the tray, add raisins too if you wish
- Place in oven and cook until the custard has set

If you can get those small brioche loaves in Tesco then get one as it is a game-changer for this recipe

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Food recipes on 13:21 - Mar 25 with 1794 viewsHighjack

Where can we finds eggses my precious?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Food recipes on 13:25 - Mar 25 with 1784 viewsEbo

Food recipes on 13:21 - Mar 25 by Highjack

Where can we finds eggses my precious?

I found plenty in my local Spar on the weekend and yes they are becoming as rare as rocking horse shit.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Food recipes on 13:53 - Mar 25 with 1761 viewsNotLoyal

Food recipes on 13:25 - Mar 25 by Ebo

I found plenty in my local Spar on the weekend and yes they are becoming as rare as rocking horse shit.

Soup is the way forwards, carrots, onions and celery, one potato, maybe a leek, sweat them off, (Fry in a pan with small veg oil, salt and pepper, cook in one litre of veg stock for 15 minutes ago bag of spinach and kale, cook for five mins, turn off heat then blend, chilli, salt, pepper to taste.

Super healthy as the minneolas say. And very tasty.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Food recipes on 13:56 - Mar 25 with 1754 viewsWxmJax

Food recipes on 13:53 - Mar 25 by NotLoyal

Soup is the way forwards, carrots, onions and celery, one potato, maybe a leek, sweat them off, (Fry in a pan with small veg oil, salt and pepper, cook in one litre of veg stock for 15 minutes ago bag of spinach and kale, cook for five mins, turn off heat then blend, chilli, salt, pepper to taste.

Fark me, I'm writing out a similar, but much nicer, soup recipe now.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Food recipes on 13:57 - Mar 25 with 1748 viewsNotLoyal

Food recipes on 13:56 - Mar 25 by WxmJax

Fark me, I'm writing out a similar, but much nicer, soup recipe now.

It’s not nicer, mine is cooked better 👍

OK I've changed it.

Food recipes on 13:59 - Mar 25 with 1737 viewsHighjack

Take two slices of bread. Bung them in the toaster. When they pop up again lob them on a plate and smear a knob of butter on them.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Food recipes on 14:02 - Mar 25 with 1721 viewsBrynCartwright

Food recipes on 13:59 - Mar 25 by Highjack

Take two slices of bread. Bung them in the toaster. When they pop up again lob them on a plate and smear a knob of butter on them.

You and your fancy nouvelle cuisine!

Plenty of eggs left in Aldi Gorseinon this morning.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Food recipes on 14:02 - Mar 25 with 1720 viewsNotLoyal

Food recipes on 13:59 - Mar 25 by Highjack

Good quality bread, home made, untoasted to wash down the soup 😘

OK I've changed it.

Login to get fewer ads

Food recipes on 14:05 - Mar 25 with 1715 viewsHighjack

Take a selection of salads of your choice. I usually work with lettuce, tomato and cucumber. You can’t go wrong with a mix like that. Good traditional salads, but obviously you could use cauliflower broccoli, asparagus, onions. It’s your choice, the world’s your oyster. But don’t use oysters.

Lay your chosen salad out on a chopping board or worktop, then take the whole lot and chuck it in the bin. Order an Indian. A vindaloo will put hairs on your chest. Or if you’re a bit of a ponce why not try a korma.

Food recipes on 14:13 - Mar 25 with 1702 viewsWxmJax

CLOP

Carrots, Leeks, Onions, Potatoes, butter, salt, pepper, vegetable stock cube.

Trim, chop and wash 2 or 3 leeks and chop up 1or 2 brown onions.
Put a good nob of butter in a large saucepan and gently heat. Add leeks, onions, salt and pepper and cook/sweat gently until soft (around 20 mins).
Peel and cut the potatoes and carrots into small pieces
Add 1.5 litres of vegetable stock together with the carrots and potatoes to the leeks/onions and bring to the boil before simmering for around 30 mins or until the carrots and potatoes are cooked.
You can bling it up by adding a tin of corned beef.

Sublime.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Food recipes on 14:41 - Mar 25 with 1690 viewsCatullus

Use a slow cooker mun, you can cook it over night and it'll taste great. Veg soup is dead easy in a slow cooker and you're free to do...well nothing else because we can't go out....there's always gardening while the sun shines.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Food recipes on 18:36 - Mar 25 with 1601 viewsProfessor

Food recipes on 14:05 - Mar 25 by Highjack

Take a selection of salads of your choice. I usually work with lettuce, tomato and cucumber. You can’t go wrong with a mix like that. Good traditional salads, but obviously you could use cauliflower broccoli, asparagus, onions. It’s your choice, the world’s your oyster. But don’t use oysters.

Lay your chosen salad out on a chopping board or worktop, then take the whole lot and chuck it in the bin. Order an Indian. A vindaloo will put hairs on your chest. Or if you’re a bit of a ponce why not try a korma.

Why would someone living on the earnings of a prostitute want korma?
Food recipes on 18:47 - Mar 25 with 1583 viewsHighjack

Food recipes on 18:36 - Mar 25 by Professor

Why would someone living on the earnings of a prostitute want korma?

It’s more forgiving on a recovering arsehole.

Food recipes on 18:53 - Mar 25 with 1572 viewsBarrySwan

Sugar?

Clearly your area is riding out the storm better than around my way.
Food recipes on 18:56 - Mar 25 with 1563 viewsjack2jack

Agreed.
Funny thing, I have just devoured a lovely bowl of pumpkin and red pepper soup, it literally takes minutes to make, and is full of vitamin c
Give the home made soups a bash chaps, it couldn't be easier.👍
Food recipes on 19:00 - Mar 25 with 1557 viewsjack2jack

Food recipes on 14:05 - Mar 25 by Highjack

Food recipes on 03:29 - May 25 with 1304 viewsGlyn1

And going back to the original recipe for B&B pudding.

Perfect! Ta. I'm going to do this today.

This should be pinned to stay on top of the board as a public duty.

UPDATE: The bread and butter pudding was great.
[Post edited 25 May 2020 3:35]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Food recipes on 08:41 - May 25 with 1197 viewsWarwickHunt

Food recipes on 03:29 - May 25 by Glyn1

And going back to the original recipe for B&B pudding.

Perfect! Ta. I'm going to do this today.

This should be pinned to stay on top of the board as a public duty.

UPDATE: The bread and butter pudding was great.
[Post edited 25 May 2020 3:35]

With all due respect to the OP, try this beauty from Anton Mosiman. Brioche rolls are recommended for this too

https://www.victoriahealth.com/editorial/bread-and-butter-pudding
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024