Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reading v Swansea City : League Cup : Matchday Thread 11:55 - Aug 8 with 12255 viewsNotLoyal

League Cup
Tuesday August 10th 2021
Kick Off 8pm
Madejski Stadium

Match Officials
Referee Samuel Barrott will be assisted by Samuel Ogles and Michael Chard, with Darren Blunden the 4th Official for the game.

TV / Streaming info
N/A as yet

Previous encounters
Reading have failed to beat Swansea in the clubs last fifteen meetings, the last time they won was in 2008. Thirteen years ago. The last time the clubs met in the league cup was in 2017, just four years ago, the swans won 2-0. The 9,000 attendance that night was made up of 3,500 swans fans in the away end. We will look at the swans team that night below. It was an incredible line up compared to where we are today.

Substitutes Britton. Abraham J.Ayew. Mulder. Naughton. Fernandez Fulton

Anyone entering the next slice of life should be warned it isn’t pleasant

What’s this Reading all about then ?
Considering how dull, boring and thick Reading people are you would have thought the town would be called ‘Can’t Reading’ they have an extraordinary ability to be thick as mince. Pork mince. When Reading was invented it was meant to be a small room which people would gather and talk in some form of wurzelly gormless way. Hence the local dialect being called ‘Gormzelly’ Strawberry jelly was invented in Reading after a locals brain was lopped open and the contents were sprayed with cream. Reading is the biggest town in England due to the fact it can’t obtain city status, that’s how bad the place is. Six out of ten people from Reading think they are a sea port, the other four out of ten didn’t know where they were, let alone the place they inhabit. Reading did have the first female professor in the country though, when her distinction was recognised she moved away sharpish. There’s nothing good we can say about Reading, except it’s the fourth most likely place to win the best town in England out of three towns.

Warning over muppet

Did you know ?
Swansea City hold the record for the biggest FINAL win in the competitions history, 5-0 v Bradford City. The swans beat Liverpool away and Chelsea over two legs to make it to the final.

Magical Michu scoring at Wembley in a major final less than a hundred years ago

Pre Match build up here

Russell Martin : We go everywhere to win every game 10th Aug 2021 08:45
Russell Martin has made it very clear that tonight’s game against Reading in the league cup is an excellent opportunity to see more of his squad in first team action. Talking about tonight’s game against Reading, a place which has been a positive hunting ground in recent years for the swans he is very positive on the outcome of tonight’s fixture. 0

Reading: Luke Southwood, Tom Holmes (captain), Tom McIntyre, Dejan Tetek, Mamadi Camara, Kelvin Ehibhatiomhan, Claudio Osorio, Kian Leavy, Lynford Sackey, Nelson Abbey, George Puscas.

Substitutes: Conan Boyce-Clarke, Michael Stickland, Jahmari Clarke, Ethan Bristow, Imari Samuels, Benjamin Purcell, Jack Senga.

Swansea City: Steven Benda; Ben Cabango, Brandon Cooper, Joel Latibeaudiere; Kyle Naughton, Dan Williams, Yan Dhanda, Matt Grimes (captain), Jake Bidwell; Morgan Whittaker, Joel Piroe.

Substitutes: Nico Defreitas-Hansen, Ryan Manning, Jamal Lowe, Liam Cullen, Ben Lloyd, Lincoln Mcfayden, Kyle Joseph.

Piroe scores in emphatic Swansea City win at Reading 10th Aug 2021 23:07
Joel Piroe completed his first appearance in the League Cup with a well taken third goal for the swans this evening in Berkshire. A TV and streaming blackout meant only those with radio access could listen to the game, and even then many Swans TV subscribers promised free audio access didn’t benefit. Fortunately the technical issues, if that was the issue tonight in Swansea were not replicated on the pitch by a much changed team. 1

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Reading v Swansea City : League Cup : Matchday Thread on 15:29 - Aug 8 with 5057 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Thanks.
Reading v Swansea City : League Cup : Matchday Thread on 22:25 - Aug 8 with 4916 viewsGVJack

Incredible line up compared to current day.... but still not anywhere near good enough for PL. How on earth did we expect to stay up with that squad?
Reading v Swansea City : League Cup : Matchday Thread on 23:03 - Aug 8 with 4893 viewsReslovenSwan1

Reading v Swansea City : League Cup : Matchday Thread on 22:25 - Aug 8 by GVJack

Incredible line up compared to current day.... but still not anywhere near good enough for PL. How on earth did we expect to stay up with that squad?

Vorm, Taylor, Rangel, Willams, Caulker, Gower, Allen, Dobbie Sinclair Graham, Dyer.

Subs Tremmel, Richards, Tate, Monk, Augustine, Lita , Moore, Oliveria, Routledge.

Start of first season in PL was far worse but had Brendan in charge,

Wise sage since Toshack era

Reading v Swansea City : League Cup : Matchday Thread on 23:20 - Aug 8 with 4885 viewsGVJack

Reading v Swansea City : League Cup : Matchday Thread on 23:03 - Aug 8 by ReslovenSwan1

Vorm, Taylor, Rangel, Willams, Caulker, Gower, Allen, Dobbie Sinclair Graham, Dyer.

Subs Tremmel, Richards, Tate, Monk, Augustine, Lita , Moore, Oliveria, Routledge.

Start of first season in PL was far worse but had Brendan in charge,

I disagree. I think that's a better team than the one that went down.
Reading v Swansea City : League Cup : Matchday Thread on 13:58 - Aug 9 with 4640 viewsBadlands

Does Martin go far a confidence boost / get players used to the new system or play fringe players to get a better impression of the squad?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Reading v Swansea City : League Cup : Matchday Thread on 15:40 - Aug 9 with 4587 viewsjackrmee

Reading v Swansea City : League Cup : Matchday Thread on 13:58 - Aug 9 by Badlands

Does Martin go far a confidence boost / get players used to the new system or play fringe players to get a better impression of the squad?

He's already said that he's going to give other players a chance in this game. Piroe and co.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Reading v Swansea City : League Cup : Matchday Thread on 16:45 - Aug 9 with 4537 viewsjackharris

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Reading v Swansea City : League Cup : Matchday Thread on 17:10 - Aug 9 with 4507 viewsKeithHaynes

Reading v Swansea City : League Cup : Matchday Thread on 16:45 - Aug 9 by jackharris

👍

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

Reading v Swansea City : League Cup : Matchday Thread on 21:43 - Aug 9 with 4352 viewsBadlands

Reading v Swansea City : League Cup : Matchday Thread on 15:40 - Aug 9 by jackrmee

He's already said that he's going to give other players a chance in this game. Piroe and co.

Has he been forgiven?

Reading v Swansea City : League Cup : Matchday Thread on 23:21 - Aug 9 with 4289 viewsbuilthjack

Reading v Swansea City : League Cup : Matchday Thread on 16:45 - Aug 9 by jackharris

Well done Tim.
I did wonder why the club pulled on ticketsthe plug 24 hours earlier than planned.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Reading v Swansea City : League Cup : Matchday Thread on 08:58 - Aug 10 with 4152 viewsKeithHaynes

Russell Martin : We go everywhere to win every game 10th Aug 2021 08:45
Russell Martin has made it very clear that tonight’s game against Reading in the league cup is an excellent opportunity to see more of his squad in first team action. Talking about tonight’s game against Reading, a place which has been a positive hunting ground in recent years for the swans he is very positive on the outcome of tonight’s fixture. 0

Reading v Swansea City : League Cup : Matchday Thread on 16:33 - Aug 10 with 3865 viewsKeithHaynes

I’m hearing Ryan Bennett may well not play tonight, not sure why tho, could be two and two making five. Def no Liam Walsh again.

Reading v Swansea City : League Cup : Matchday Thread on 16:41 - Aug 10 with 3849 viewsBadlands

Reading v Swansea City : League Cup : Matchday Thread on 16:33 - Aug 10 by KeithHaynes

I’m hearing Ryan Bennett may well not play tonight, not sure why tho, could be two and two making five. Def no Liam Walsh again.

He was a bit patchy at the end of last season ... injury not fully recovered?
Or just Martin checking the troops.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2021 16:42]

Reading v Swansea City : League Cup : Matchday Thread on 16:42 - Aug 10 with 3843 viewsKeithHaynes

Reading v Swansea City : League Cup : Matchday Thread on 16:41 - Aug 10 by Badlands

He was a bit patchy at the end of last season ... injury not fully recovered?
Or just Martin checking the troops.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2021 16:42]

Hopefully just that.

Reading v Swansea City : League Cup : Matchday Thread on 19:01 - Aug 10 with 3620 viewsjasper_T

The boy makes the bench again.
Reading v Swansea City : League Cup : Matchday Thread on 19:03 - Aug 10 with 3613 viewsjasper_T

Grimes going to be cup tied.
Reading v Swansea City : League Cup : Matchday Thread on 19:05 - Aug 10 with 3600 viewsmagicdaps10

Ben Lloyd 💪💪

Boy is obviously a bit special, would be great if he came on..... Anything on top 🤞

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Reading v Swansea City : League Cup : Matchday Thread on 19:11 - Aug 10 with 3542 viewsNotLoyal

Reading: Luke Southwood, Tom Holmes (captain), Tom McIntyre, Dejan Tetek, Mamadi Camara, Kelvin Ehibhatiomhan, Claudio Osorio, Kian Leavy, Lynford Sackey, Nelson Abbey, George Puscas.

Substitutes: Conan Boyce-Clarke, Michael Stickland, Jahmari Clarke, Ethan Bristow, Imari Samuels, Benjamin Purcell, Jack Senga.

Swansea City: Steven Benda; Ben Cabango, Brandon Cooper, Joel Latibeaudiere; Kyle Naughton, Dan Williams, Yan Dhanda, Matt Grimes (captain), Jake Bidwell; Morgan Whittaker, Joel Piroe.

Substitutes: Nico Defreitas-Hansen, Ryan Manning, Jamal Lowe, Liam Cullen, Ben Lloyd, Lincoln Mcfayden, Kyle Joseph.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Reading v Swansea City : League Cup : Matchday Thread on 19:13 - Aug 10 with 3517 viewsjasper_T

Half their side seem to be teenagers.

edit: More than half. A few 17 year olds starting. Ben Lloyd will feel right at home if he gets on.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2021 19:14]
Reading v Swansea City : League Cup : Matchday Thread on 19:49 - Aug 10 with 3335 viewsWhiterockin

Reading v Swansea City : League Cup : Matchday Thread on 19:13 - Aug 10 by jasper_T

Half their side seem to be teenagers.

edit: More than half. A few 17 year olds starting. Ben Lloyd will feel right at home if he gets on.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2021 19:14]

I haven't seen Ben play for a couple of years Jasper, how good is he.
Reading v Swansea City : League Cup : Matchday Thread on 19:51 - Aug 10 with 3320 viewsjackrmee

Reading v Swansea City : League Cup : Matchday Thread on 19:11 - Aug 10 by NotLoyal

Strong team. Bet on!

Gutted I can’t watch this.
Where can one listen to it, if one does not own a radio?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Reading v Swansea City : League Cup : Matchday Thread on 19:52 - Aug 10 with 3297 viewsWhiterockin

Reading v Swansea City : League Cup : Matchday Thread on 19:51 - Aug 10 by jackrmee

Strong team. Bet on!

Gutted I can’t watch this.
Where can one listen to it, if one does not own a radio?

Can you get radio channels on your tv?
Reading v Swansea City : League Cup : Matchday Thread on 20:03 - Aug 10 with 3207 viewsjackrmee

Reading v Swansea City : League Cup : Matchday Thread on 19:52 - Aug 10 by Whiterockin

Can you get radio channels on your tv?

I can get them on sky box.
BBC R Wales is there, but it’s not on there

Reading v Swansea City : League Cup : Matchday Thread on 20:10 - Aug 10 with 3109 viewsBadlands

Reading v Swansea City : League Cup : Matchday Thread on 20:03 - Aug 10 by jackrmee

I can get them on sky box.
BBC R Wales is there, but it’s not on there

Listening on Swans TV audio.

Reading v Swansea City : League Cup : Matchday Thread on 20:13 - Aug 10 with 3054 viewsA_Fans_Dad

"We go everywhere to win every game "

It doesn't look much like it with that Squad.
Not exactly our best are they?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024