Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adidas last season . 19:42 - Jan 22 with 4858 viewscentrestandswan

A manufacturer beginning with J ending in A coming in.Anyone confirm this?

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Adidas last season . on 19:46 - Jan 22 with 3829 viewsstevethejack

It's New Balance.
Adidas last season . on 19:51 - Jan 22 with 3773 viewsJackfath

Why are people bothered by this?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Adidas last season . on 20:04 - Jan 22 with 3684 viewsbonymine

Adidas last season . on 19:51 - Jan 22 by Jackfath

Exactly.

Our shirt will always be our shirt and should always be worn with pride irrespective of which country and slave labour manufactures it ?

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Adidas last season . on 20:07 - Jan 22 with 3650 viewswaynekerr55

Joma?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Adidas last season . on 20:10 - Jan 22 with 3618 viewsbonymine

Adidas last season . on 20:07 - Jan 22 by waynekerr55

Joma?

Sharp as f*ck Mush fair play 😂😂

I thought it might be Jonjo Shelveya .... A new clothing company he's set up with his signing on fee at the Toon 😉😉

Adidas last season . on 20:11 - Jan 22 with 3608 viewsPinky

Adidas last season . on 20:07 - Jan 22 by waynekerr55

Joma?

Bloody hell, it will be like Bonymaen Colts circa 2005.
Adidas last season . on 20:16 - Jan 22 with 3557 viewslondonlisa2001

Is it 'Julia Designer Clothing, Swansea Market"?

Got some lovely stuff has Julia (she's actually Julie Jones, but changed the spelling to sound a bit more Italian)...
Adidas last season . on 20:17 - Jan 22 with 3547 viewswaynekerr55

Adidas last season . on 20:11 - Jan 22 by Pinky

Bloody hell, it will be like Bonymaen Colts circa 2005.

😂😂😂😂

Does that mean a certain company has the kit rights as they did with macron back in the day?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:22 - Jan 22 with 3499 viewsbonymine

Bergoni back in the day too ... Happy Days they were 😄😄
[Post edited 22 Jan 2016 20:24]

Adidas last season . on 20:44 - Jan 22 with 3346 viewsJack_Meoff

Adidas last season . on 20:04 - Jan 22 by bonymine

Exactly.

Our shirt will always be our shirt and should always be worn with pride irrespective of which country and slave labour manufactures it ?

Spot on mate. Whatever sweat shop produces it for next to nothing, the most important thing is that we keep buying them for £50 a pop and the players wear it with pride.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2016 22:17]

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Adidas last season . on 21:54 - Jan 22 with 3072 viewsWxmJax

Adidas last season . on 19:51 - Jan 22 by Jackfath

Who has said they're bothered by it ???

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Adidas last season . on 00:23 - Jan 23 with 2776 viewsepaul

Jacamo for all the fat b*stards we got playing for us

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Adidas last season . on 00:28 - Jan 23 with 2751 viewsraynor94

Adidas last season . on 21:54 - Jan 22 by WxmJax

Well you obviously are

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Adidas last season . on 09:16 - Jan 23 with 2446 viewsWxmJax

Adidas last season . on 00:28 - Jan 23 by raynor94

Well you obviously are

I'll take it from the time that you posted that you've probably had a drink.

Adidas last season . on 12:01 - Jan 23 with 2243 viewsDafyddHuw

Well somebody's bothered enough to start a thread about it.
Adidas last season . on 14:31 - Jan 23 with 2108 viewsmarchamjack

C'mon, let's be honest, if you had to make a choice you'd choose Adidas over Joma all day, well the majority would.

If the kit manufacturer doesn't bother you one way or other that's fine, but if you had to choose, it would be a reputable brand like Adidas wins the day.

Put it like this, I cannot imagine any youngster choosing a Joma top over an Adidas one...

When we got Adidas there was a thread on here I'm sure with lots saying they were going to buy a top for the first time in ages (not just cos of the Premier League badge you could add to the sleeve...although that's why I bought one...) as it was Adidas.

There's other well regarded brands obviously like Nike and I'm a big fan of the quality of Under Armour gear (being into running), but to say that the kit manufacturer doesn't matter one way or the other...oh well, if that's what you think that's your opinion and obviously entitled to it. I have a different one and would certainly se Joma as a step down. It's only a small issue relatively, but there you go.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Adidas last season . on 14:45 - Jan 23 with 2065 viewsWxmJax

Adidas last season . on 12:01 - Jan 23 by DafyddHuw

Well somebody's bothered enough to start a thread about it.

I'm thinking it's more an observation or just passing on information they've heard than being bothered about it.

Adidas last season . on 14:58 - Jan 23 with 2036 viewsJackfath

I did.

Never seen the endless threads on on the kit at the end of/start of the season?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Adidas last season . on 15:03 - Jan 23 with 2025 viewsdickythorpe

I have to be honest, the adidas sizes are shocking. Nowhere near the quality of the 80's and early 90's.
Our centenary away kit was crap.
Adidas last season . on 15:10 - Jan 23 with 2010 viewsClinton

Does that mean the club have a better commercail deal with Joma then they would have had with Adidas. How does it work?

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Adidas last season . on 15:13 - Jan 23 with 1999 viewsdickythorpe

Adidas last season . on 15:10 - Jan 23 by Clinton

Does that mean the club have a better commercail deal with Joma then they would have had with Adidas. How does it work?

Money, our kit has been very samey since we entered the prem.

Our umbro leisurewear was far better than adidas.
Adidas last season . on 15:20 - Jan 23 with 1980 viewsPhil_S

I think it is fair to say that the link with Adidas has hampered us at a time when we had a big opportunity. The fact that they take in excess of 3 months to fulfil any order and they ask you to commit to shirt orders months and months in advance is a farce. If we sold out of something today then we would not get it in this season and to be honest everything that Adidas do is just off the shelf for all their clubs with very few exceptions.

They are a worldwide brand but we may get more flexibility with a different manufacturer and generically people will buy football shirts whoever the manufacturer if they are the type of people who buy football shirts in the first place
Adidas last season . on 15:32 - Jan 23 with 1953 viewsmarchamjack

Adidas last season . on 15:20 - Jan 23 by Phil_S

I think it is fair to say that the link with Adidas has hampered us at a time when we had a big opportunity. The fact that they take in excess of 3 months to fulfil any order and they ask you to commit to shirt orders months and months in advance is a farce. If we sold out of something today then we would not get it in this season and to be honest everything that Adidas do is just off the shelf for all their clubs with very few exceptions.

They are a worldwide brand but we may get more flexibility with a different manufacturer and generically people will buy football shirts whoever the manufacturer if they are the type of people who buy football shirts in the first place

I'm sure the club can do a better deal with a smaller manufacturer than Adidas and if so fine no problems on that front.

But the point remains to me that we'd shift more merchandise to the casual fan (ignoring those as you say who'd buy a shirt regardless of brand manufacturer) if it was known branded.

I've no idea of the two which is of more benefit to the club overall, if we can't achieve both with an Adidas/Nike?

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Adidas last season . on 15:43 - Jan 23 with 1920 viewsPhil_S

Adidas last season . on 15:32 - Jan 23 by marchamjack

I'm sure the club can do a better deal with a smaller manufacturer than Adidas and if so fine no problems on that front.

But the point remains to me that we'd shift more merchandise to the casual fan (ignoring those as you say who'd buy a shirt regardless of brand manufacturer) if it was known branded.

I've no idea of the two which is of more benefit to the club overall, if we can't achieve both with an Adidas/Nike?

I dont know to be honest as again there will be a fine balance between getting stock when we need it and making sure we sell enough to make it the best deal overall

I do know we have lost out on sales because of Adidas lead times over the past few years (some of which was down to us vastly underestimating how many we could sell in 2012/13)
Adidas last season . on 18:03 - Jan 23 with 1801 viewsPhil_S

Was looking back on some old papers earlier and actually came across some of the correspondence around the time when we ran out of shirts and could not get any in because of the inflexible lead times needed for them

Much criticism around how many we had ordered but it was a year of exceptional demand and massively frustrating that we missed out on a chance but we simply cannot work with 3+ month lead times

And that is before you take the financial benefit to the club of the deal anyway which makes it a good one
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024