Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evening Post - Guidolin says Montero must improve. 22:28 - Mar 30 with 1843 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Guidolin says Montero needs to improve to get in his Swansea side.
Good enough for Ecuador but not for the Swans.

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-Francesco-Guidolin-tells-Je
Evening Post - Guidolin says Montero must improve. on 22:30 - Mar 30 with 1833 viewsswanseajack4eva

Hard to show improvement when he doesn't get any minutes of playing time.

On his day unplayable.

We need more of these days if we keep him in the summer.
Evening Post - Guidolin says Montero must improve. on 22:33 - Mar 30 with 1823 viewssomersetsimon

Stating the obvious really. If a player is fit and not in the team, then the manager will only pick him if he improves.

Interesting to read his comments about the formation. He obviously felt it was too risky to ditch the diamond too early as the players were used to it, but now he can start to change.
Evening Post - Guidolin says Montero must improve. on 22:41 - Mar 30 with 1784 viewsdobjack2

Has to improve when he doesn't have the ball. I.e. Track back etc.
Evening Post - Guidolin says Montero must improve. on 23:12 - Mar 30 with 1689 viewsGriffting

He's saying that he has to improve his discipline to play in the system. Track back, keep focused, work with the team more and play with more intellegence. Not one bit of FG doubts the footballing ability of Montero, he just wants to see more application from him in other parts of the game. Guidolin demands discipline and hard work both defensively and offensively from pretty much every player and Jeff is no exception.
Evening Post - Guidolin says Montero must improve. on 23:14 - Mar 30 with 1685 viewsBigPhilG

Montero had suffered because the team has been rubbish this year. First two games he gave Ivanovic a roasting and Janmaat couldn't wait to get himself sent off because he was made to look silly. Since then we've been awful
Evening Post - Guidolin says Montero must improve. on 06:26 - Mar 31 with 1500 viewsnantywatcher

Evening Post - Guidolin says Montero must improve. on 23:14 - Mar 30 by BigPhilG

Montero had suffered because the team has been rubbish this year. First two games he gave Ivanovic a roasting and Janmaat couldn't wait to get himself sent off because he was made to look silly. Since then we've been awful

'Janmaat couldn't wait to get himself sent off because he was made to look silly.'
I would guess you've never played competitive football in your life?
Evening Post - Guidolin says Montero must improve. on 06:36 - Mar 31 with 1489 viewsJethroJack

I imagine he wrote that with tongue in cheek, don't you?!? Don't think he means it literally.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2016 6:39]
Evening Post - Guidolin says Montero must improve. on 07:00 - Mar 31 with 1454 viewsjack247

So Guidollin is saying he has talent, but needs to work on us defensive duties and isn't suited to a diamond.

That's exactly what a fair few of us on here have been saying for months.

AFD - I haven't watched Ecuador play, but would imagine the Swans would be a far better team than them.
Login to get fewer ads

Evening Post - Guidolin says Montero must improve. on 08:10 - Mar 31 with 1367 viewsBigPhilG

Evening Post - Guidolin says Montero must improve. on 06:36 - Mar 31 by JethroJack

I imagine he wrote that with tongue in cheek, don't you?!? Don't think he means it literally.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2016 6:39]

You're right. Big smile on my face posting that
Evening Post - Guidolin says Montero must improve. on 09:07 - Mar 31 with 1282 viewsjasonbromham

Evening Post - Guidolin says Montero must improve. on 07:00 - Mar 31 by jack247

So Guidollin is saying he has talent, but needs to work on us defensive duties and isn't suited to a diamond.

That's exactly what a fair few of us on here have been saying for months.

AFD - I haven't watched Ecuador play, but would imagine the Swans would be a far better team than them.

Well i'm afraid the current world cup 2018 qualifiers table says different:

1. Uruguay
2. Ecuador
3. Argentina
4. Chile
5. Colombia
6. Brazil
7. Paraguay
8. Peru
9. Bolivia
10. Venezuela
Evening Post - Guidolin says Montero must improve. on 09:08 - Mar 31 with 1279 viewsSwaneeRiver

Evening Post - Guidolin says Montero must improve. on 22:41 - Mar 30 by dobjack2

Has to improve when he doesn't have the ball. I.e. Track back etc.

In fairness, I saw him tracking up and back a few times up the touchline between the dug out and the corner flag in the Villa & Norwich games recently
Evening Post - Guidolin says Montero must improve. on 09:20 - Mar 31 with 1263 viewsDewi1jack

Maybe Jeff isn't showing anything in training to convince Frankie that he deserves to start or even play.
Loads on here wanted Tubbynou in instead of Tayls, even though it was common knowledge he wasn't trying/ couldn't be arzed in training.
Yep.
That turned out to be another excellent call by a lot of posters on here.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Evening Post - Guidolin says Montero must improve. on 09:22 - Mar 31 with 1261 viewsjasper_T

Evening Post - Guidolin says Montero must improve. on 09:07 - Mar 31 by jasonbromham

1. Uruguay
2. Ecuador
3. Argentina
4. Chile
5. Colombia
6. Brazil
7. Paraguay
8. Peru
9. Bolivia
10. Venezuela

International football is of a lower standard than the best top flight domestic leagues.
Evening Post - Guidolin says Montero must improve. on 09:28 - Mar 31 with 1247 viewsjasper_T

Evening Post - Guidolin says Montero must improve. on 23:14 - Mar 30 by BigPhilG

Everyone seems to forget the run of games he had after those first two where he was completely useless for us. He was dropped for good reason.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder I guess.
Evening Post - Guidolin says Montero must improve. on 09:47 - Mar 31 with 1219 viewsdickythorpe

Needs to toughen up and become more consistent. His early season form went to his head.
As with others he's underperformed and disappointed this season and has rightly been dropped.
Evening Post - Guidolin says Montero must improve. on 10:54 - Mar 31 with 1159 viewsicecoldjack

Spot on comment from the manager .

Anyone with with eyes can see Montero needs improvement, more without the ball than with it, but even with the ball his pace is nullified by his tendency to stand up and he full back one time too many and then just chip the ball in without pace .

Rough diamond is a term I'd use to describe him .

We have all seen other teams mark him closely and double up that's ok if we have more of a full back threat but without even that it's hard to risk Jefferson at times .

He will come good if he applies himself and listens to the manager, who has form for improving immense footballers like Sanchez .

Also nice to know our manager has a bit of bottle to make these choices when the easy thing to do would be to play him .
Evening Post - Guidolin says Montero must improve. on 11:46 - Mar 31 with 1101 viewsjasper_T

Don't see how playing him would have been the easy option. He was already out of the side, the shape we were playing couldn't accommodate him, and he's hardly a massive name.
Evening Post - Guidolin says Montero must improve. on 14:02 - Mar 31 with 982 viewsMattG

In those first two games against Chelsea and Newcastle, Montero was awesome.

By the time we went to Southampton, he looked as if he'd never taken a man on in his life.

He's never been up to much in terms of tracking back so needs to be doing more going forward to make up for it but that hasn't been the case (occasional flashes aside) since September.

Hopefully he takes Guido's comments on board and does what he needs to do in training so that he can get the chance to show what he can do on the pitch once again.
Evening Post - Guidolin says Montero must improve. on 14:19 - Mar 31 with 962 viewsjack247

Evening Post - Guidolin says Montero must improve. on 09:07 - Mar 31 by jasonbromham

1. Uruguay
2. Ecuador
3. Argentina
4. Chile
5. Colombia
6. Brazil
7. Paraguay
8. Peru
9. Bolivia
10. Venezuela

You can't seriously think the Ecuador national team would survive in the Premier League? Their star players can't get in PL sides.

There are teams qualified for the Euros that aren't at PL level, let alone second in a qualifying group after 6 games.

It's only a side point anyway, the most important thing is that Guidollin has come out and said why Montero isn't in the team and it's exactly what a lot of people on here had been saying for a while. Obvious talent, needs to up his overall game a lot.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024