Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The arrogance of the English 10:48 - Jun 28 with 3468 viewsDafyddHuw

Lee Dixon at half time - "Do you think Woy should drop Joe Hart for the quarter final"

And they're losing 2-1. And they played like shit first half. And they couldn't even top their group. And they hadn't been oustanding in any of their games.

And none of the other 3 English in the studio picked him up on it. Presumably because they didn't think that what he said was out of order.

P.S. - most unlikeable English team member? - for me Joe Hart.
The arrogance of the English on 11:08 - Jun 28 with 3412 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The writing was on the wall after the England v Slovakia & Wales v Russian games.
Wales 5 goals to England's 1.
The arrogance of the English on 11:21 - Jun 28 with 3369 viewspencoedjack

On the ferry travelling home Sunday talking to English fella at the bar ....

ME Tricky game against Iceland
HIM Nah not only will we beat them we will smash them and send a message out to the rest of the teams left in.
ME Really ?
HIM Yes.
ME What you doing out here ?
HIM Booked my tickets months ago as I was certain we would win the group and be playing in Paris, I also got quarter final tickets in Lille if you want to buy them.
ME You're all right fella just make sure you don't end up with egg on your face.

I wish I could speak to the arrogant tosser today.
The arrogance of the English on 11:50 - Jun 28 with 3284 viewsJBT95

The arrogance of the English on 11:21 - Jun 28 by pencoedjack

HIM Nah not only will we beat them we will smash them and send a message out to the rest of the teams left in.
ME Really ?
HIM Yes.
HIM Booked my tickets months ago as I was certain we would win the group and be playing in Paris, I also got quarter final tickets in Lille if you want to buy them.
ME You're all right fella just make sure you don't end up with egg on your face.

Wasn't Greg Dyke was he?
The arrogance of the English on 12:04 - Jun 28 with 3239 viewsKGriz16

they're unbelievable aren't they? I got quite annoyed with Lee Dixons half time comments as well. They've been nothing short of disrespectful since drawing Iceland in the 2nd round. The Sun covered their back page basically stating they had an easy draw with Iceland instead of Portugal. Talksport have not stopped going on about the QF with France, barely discussed the 2nd round match, and still now i'm astonished by them.
The arrogance of the English on 12:42 - Jun 28 with 3112 viewsLoyal

The arrogance of the English on 11:21 - Jun 28 by pencoedjack

ME Really ?
HIM Yes.

A good mate was at the England v Wales game and had this idiotic Englishman approaching wales fans shouting 'your team is shit' in their faces. He was eventually knocked out, of course this is what happens but that arrogance is inbred in them. They are shit at most things and inadequate at many.

Fck em, as soon as the Russians put their size tens through their heads and they all wanted 'England and Wales' to be one they became a Euro 2016 embarrassment. And on the pitch they are equally as weak. A pure laughing stock, a joke but ..... so much value 😂

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The arrogance of the English on 12:55 - Jun 28 with 3063 viewsQuakerJack

The most arrogant bunch of toss pots on the planet... get home ya scumbags!!!

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

The arrogance of the English on 13:13 - Jun 28 with 3003 viewspencoedjack

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=174499

Obviously Alm has been sucking up to the English ....
The arrogance of the English on 14:39 - Jun 28 with 2833 viewsQuakerJack

Dafydd have you been on the mackem forum winding them up?

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Login to get fewer ads

The arrogance of the English on 15:00 - Jun 28 with 2770 viewsDafyddHuw

The arrogance of the English on 14:39 - Jun 28 by QuakerJack

I might have, yeah. Thought they needed a bit of cheering up.
The arrogance of the English on 15:18 - Jun 28 with 2733 viewsQuakerJack

The arrogance of the English on 15:00 - Jun 28 by DafyddHuw

I might have, yeah. Thought they needed a bit of cheering up.

hahaha... good lad!!

The arrogance of the English on 15:49 - Jun 28 with 2669 viewspencoedjack

The arrogance of the English on 14:39 - Jun 28 by QuakerJack

Link ?
The arrogance of the English on 15:52 - Jun 28 with 2653 viewsDafyddHuw

The arrogance of the English on 15:49 - Jun 28 by pencoedjack

Link ?

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/the-arrogance-of-the-english.1245702/
The arrogance of the English on 18:29 - Jun 28 with 2469 viewsKilkennyjack

Frankie Boyle says England have been so bad over last 20 years that a lion should be removed from their jersey. 2 lions on a shirt. Seems legit to me....

Beware of the Risen People

The arrogance of the English on 19:19 - Jun 28 with 2376 viewssherpajacob

it was actually mark pougatch who asked the question.

I thought at the time why are they discussing selection for a quarter final when they should be discussing how to get there.

Also after the France Eire match, itv reporter Sam mattaface asked Patrice evra about playing England in the quarter, evra slapped him down saying they could be playing Iceland

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

The arrogance of the English on 21:36 - Jun 28 with 2217 viewswestside

Hoddle said sterling was rested to keep him fresh for the rest of the tournament.

Oh dear there's no rest of the tournament to play

Hoddle said Iceland were stuck in the 80's.

So England must be stuck in 1966 then
The arrogance of the English on 01:03 - Jun 29 with 2057 viewsLoyal

Cash in folks, when sterling drops buy dollars Swansea !

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The arrogance of the English on 03:07 - Jun 29 with 2023 viewsbonymine

The arrogance of the English on 01:03 - Jun 29 by Loyal

Cash in folks, when sterling drops buy dollars Swansea !

I have followed the Swans since 1976 and over that time I have been at many away grounds and called (always in a derogatory manner of course) Taffy, Boyo, Welsh C*nt and worse still also been taunted that my family died at the Aberfan disaster by English 'fans' of opposing clubs over these years.
What is blatantly obvious to me is that the English (in whatever sport they play) have an air and indeed, an all embracing belief of 'supposed' superiority, supremacy, arrogance and downright rudeness when faced with a challenge by any other country and in particular another UK home nation.They genuinely believe that they are better than they really are in any sport.

It cannot be coincidence then that the overriding majority of Welsh, Scots, and Irish (both) have an underlying contempt for the English as quite simply they themselves have fashioned this 'arrogant persona' themselves and when they are successful they have great pleasure in ramming it down our throats so quite justifiably when they fail, the rest of the home nations revel in England's failure!!

STID. Together Stronger

💪💪💪

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

The arrogance of the English on 05:40 - Jun 29 with 1983 viewsJoeSoccerFan

laughing has died town earlier this morning, but I still have the shit eating grin. That'll be there through the summer.

F the English.
The arrogance of the English on 07:18 - Jun 29 with 1930 viewsJethroJack

The arrogance of the English on 03:07 - Jun 29 by bonymine

I have followed the Swans since 1976 and over that time I have been at many away grounds and called (always in a derogatory manner of course) Taffy, Boyo, Welsh C*nt and worse still also been taunted that my family died at the Aberfan disaster by English 'fans' of opposing clubs over these years.
What is blatantly obvious to me is that the English (in whatever sport they play) have an air and indeed, an all embracing belief of 'supposed' superiority, supremacy, arrogance and downright rudeness when faced with a challenge by any other country and in particular another UK home nation.They genuinely believe that they are better than they really are in any sport.

It cannot be coincidence then that the overriding majority of Welsh, Scots, and Irish (both) have an underlying contempt for the English as quite simply they themselves have fashioned this 'arrogant persona' themselves and when they are successful they have great pleasure in ramming it down our throats so quite justifiably when they fail, the rest of the home nations revel in England's failure!!

STID. Together Stronger

💪💪💪

This is spot on...and the biggest mystery for me is they have no successful sporting history to base it on since '66. All they've had is tournament failure time and again. The media hype them up, they crap out, the media stick the knife in.

Fact is, they're bang average, but refuse to believe it, maybe due to desperation for some sporting success. Since 66, only Gazza comes anywhere close to world class. Now we have GB and they have nobody.
The arrogance of the English on 08:04 - Jun 29 with 1892 viewsjasper_T

The arrogance of the English on 21:36 - Jun 28 by westside

Hoddle said sterling was rested to keep him fresh for the rest of the tournament.

Oh dear there's no rest of the tournament to play

Hoddle said Iceland were stuck in the 80's.

So England must be stuck in 1966 then

It sounds harsh, and it's more early 90s than 80s, but the 4-4-2 they play is proper old school. Garry Monk would have been watching with one hand under the covers.
The arrogance of the English on 09:38 - Jun 29 with 1808 viewsmonmouth

Here's a good stat. Since 1966 England have only won six knockout matches in tournaments, the last being against Ecuador ten years ago. Why do they think they are so great? It's baffling. Cardiffesque.

The teams they've beaten when it really counts in 50 years?

Ecuador
Paraguay
Cameroon
Belgium
Denmark
Spain (on penalties)

I've just got to add this. This is breathtaking. England has a clock on the wall of its football operation, St George’s Park, noting the day England apparently win the 2022 World Cup.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2016 9:58]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The arrogance of the English on 10:33 - Jun 29 with 1749 viewsLeonisGod

The arrogance of the English on 09:38 - Jun 29 by monmouth

Here's a good stat. Since 1966 England have only won six knockout matches in tournaments, the last being against Ecuador ten years ago. Why do they think they are so great? It's baffling. Cardiffesque.

The teams they've beaten when it really counts in 50 years?

Ecuador
Paraguay
Cameroon
Belgium
Denmark
Spain (on penalties)

I've just got to add this. This is breathtaking. England has a clock on the wall of its football operation, St George’s Park, noting the day England apparently win the 2022 World Cup.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2016 9:58]

We're deluded aren't we? It's partly the media hyping stuff up I think. Wales benefits from a cynical Cardiff-based media that constantly puts anyone else down, whereas the English media wildly swing between ultra-nationalistic fervour to gloom and despondency. So the expectations are all out of kilter with reality and people get p1ssed off when they're not met. And we hang onto the fact that we were the home of football, a hundred years ago.

There are also unrealistic expectations because of the inflated values on home grown (which is mainly English in the PL) players. People forget they're expensive because of homegrown quotas, not because they are any good. £50m for Andy Carroll, £47m for Sterling ffs!

Since I've moved here, it's really opened my eyes to the arrogance (and ignorance) coming from the east of the dyke.
The arrogance of the English on 10:41 - Jun 29 with 1725 viewstrampie

The arrogance of the English on 10:33 - Jun 29 by LeonisGod

We're deluded aren't we? It's partly the media hyping stuff up I think. Wales benefits from a cynical Cardiff-based media that constantly puts anyone else down, whereas the English media wildly swing between ultra-nationalistic fervour to gloom and despondency. So the expectations are all out of kilter with reality and people get p1ssed off when they're not met. And we hang onto the fact that we were the home of football, a hundred years ago.

There are also unrealistic expectations because of the inflated values on home grown (which is mainly English in the PL) players. People forget they're expensive because of homegrown quotas, not because they are any good. £50m for Andy Carroll, £47m for Sterling ffs!

Since I've moved here, it's really opened my eyes to the arrogance (and ignorance) coming from the east of the dyke.

Good post.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The arrogance of the English on 10:46 - Jun 29 with 1713 viewsmonmouth

The arrogance of the English on 10:33 - Jun 29 by LeonisGod

Scotland used to be the same, but around the time I lived up there they'd accepted that they were no longer a force and their supporters stopped fighting started enjoying themselves and respecting the cultures they visited. It put everything in perspective for them. They still hate English sport mind and, don't know what it's like now but was getting worse when I left, the English as a race too, far more than the Welsh do.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The arrogance of the English on 10:49 - Jun 29 with 1702 viewsLeonisGod

The arrogance of the English on 10:46 - Jun 29 by monmouth

Scotland used to be the same, but around the time I lived up there they'd accepted that they were no longer a force and their supporters stopped fighting started enjoying themselves and respecting the cultures they visited. It put everything in perspective for them. They still hate English sport mind and, don't know what it's like now but was getting worse when I left, the English as a race too, far more than the Welsh do.

"Stopped fighting and started enjoying themselves". That would be a very good start.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024